It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of the End of Time ..The Media Conspiracy to hide them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Millions of "rapture" based christians have been taught to 'watch" for the signs of the end times. Mathew 24:15

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

www.biblegateway.com...

The point is these christians are expecting all the signs on CNN just before they are "beamed-out". Problem is..........these sign are being "spun" by the media.

Example.........Christ spoke of "Great Storms"..............Global Warming now accounts for this prophesy.

Many, many fold increase in earthquakes.........not news anymore unless they are 8.0 or above.

Revelation describes "mountains of fire" and "stars falling from heaven" and great hail the "weight of a talent"............but that's been covered in movies.........

Now Isreal is paying back the terrorist..............WWIII is on us................

The tribulation has begun..............we are in the last 7 year period............

So many "rapture" based churches state they are not afraid of the tribulation because "God will remove his children from that horror" "The rapture"..........

Sorry folks that is a great lie from Satan..............God did not spare his only son from the cross..............the rapture is for those "left" after the great tribulation.........

The greatly anticipated "signs" areall around, yet hidden in plain sight. Christ made it a point to state on his retrun "all the world shall see" So not even CNN or Fox will be able to spin it..........but they will try........perhaps as an alien invasion.........But wasn't that a movie too.......

[edit on 14-7-2006 by thermopolis]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They thought it was the end of the world, the apocalypse, armaggedon at countless times throughout the past 2000 years - what makes you think this is any different?

The Book of Revelations is thick with layers upon layers of allegory - I don't think you can take it as a literal book, I don't think it was written that way.

I think it benefits certain groups or interests that gullable people take it so literally.

I don't think we'll be seeing any 7 headed monsters any time soon.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i have been hearing about the "end times" since i was very little. my granmother is a reverend with the penecostal church. ( beleive me , hearing of demons and scorpions torturing you for all eternity at age 4, is pretty frightening). besides that, everytime there is a war in isreal, or in the middle east the "end is coming"/

dont get me wrong, i beleive in god and i know jesus was here.( to the people that think he wasnt just doesnt make sense to me, its documented in history everywhere) but maybe he already came and we were left.... i mean this pretty much seems like somekind of hell to me.! i just know that one day all the horrific things have to end... in the bible it talks about jesus coming to earth and making it clean again.human beings were not made to go to heaven , we were made for earth, angels were made to stay in heaven... humans are blesses with a choice to believe or turn a blind eye and look away. also in the bible it says to pray not for things that god knows you need, but pray that god do his will on earth as it is in heaven.
on day we will be cleansed again. i dont know if it will be a frightening experience the way that christians and holy rolers make it out to be,. but maybe god will just come down here and give us a good talking to...lol/ ?

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The predictions of the end times over the last 2000 years missed some very important facts.

1948 Isreal reborn

1967 Jerusalem returns to Isreali hands

The "signs" could not begin until the first two above.........

If I am correct the following will happen in this current war.......

Damascas will be Nuked............and soon.........

The remains of the lost tribes will come to Isreals aid.........

The US, Britian, Australia

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You seem to be a little confused if you think the 7 year period is happening now.

WHERE IS THE TREATY???????????

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
All of them have offered their old accounts of what signs would herald the shift of ages. Most impressive, imo, are the vedic description of the end of the Kali Yuga, and the Hopi nine signs, eight seem to have occured already. The end of the dream time, rapture, aquarius, or whatever name they used, has never been so universally foretold till now. If they are all wrong, the predictions of these times and what they'd be like are still very amazing. The Revelations ones, imo, are some of the vaguest. Having to buy water, able to get a sex change, an eagle flying to the moon, house in the sky, horses on wheels, iron eagles flying, etc. are all far more vivid to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
Millions of "rapture" based christians have been taught to 'watch" for the signs of the end times. Mathew 24:15

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

Hi Thermopolis/

The Abomination of Desolation HAS not yet happened!
The Antichrist has not yet shown himself, and has not been seated in the place spoken of , by 'Daniel'....

About the ''Lost tribes''...I remember reading that all have found their way home.
The last being from Ethiopia....
199?

Take care,
helen

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Hi Thermopolis/

The Antichrist has not yet shown himself, and has not been seated in the place spoken of , by 'Daniel'....

About the ''Lost tribes''...I remember reading that all have found their way home.
199?

Take care,
helen

Helen, FIRST thing i thought after reading the first post was also that the abomination of desolation has not happened yet. I wonder if ppl even know what that is?? i tell ya some ppl are jsut TOO much into the rapture, ww3, all this end of times stuff but have NO clue as to what has to come to past. Its like reading a book, but only the first and last page ...they're missing everything in between.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

www.biblegateway.com...

The point is these christians are expecting all the signs on CNN just before they are "beamed-out". Problem is..........these sign are being "spun" by the media.

Example.........Christ spoke of "Great Storms"..............Global Warming now accounts for this prophesy.

Many, many fold increase in earthquakes.........not news anymore unless they are 8.0 or above.

Revelation describes "mountains of fire" and "stars falling from heaven" and great hail the "weight of a talent"............but that's been covered in movies.........

Now Isreal is paying back the terrorist..............WWIII is on us................

The tribulation has begun..............we are in the last 7 year period............

So many "rapture" based churches state they are not afraid of the tribulation because "God will remove his children from that horror" "The rapture"..........

Sorry folks that is a great lie from Satan..............God did not spare his only son from the cross..............the rapture is for those "left" after the great tribulation.........

The greatly anticipated "signs" areall around, yet hidden in plain sight. Christ made it a point to state on his retrun "all the world shall see" So not even CNN or Fox will be able to spin it..........but they will try........perhaps as an alien invasion.........But wasn't that a movie too.......

I really don't have anything to add to this, except kudos to you for broaching the subject, and that those taken are apparently not the righteous but the unrighteous who are removed to the Valley of Megiddo, if the Scriptures are being looked at correctly in the study I'm involved in.

I'm barely into this so correct me if you believe I'm wrong, I'd LOVE to discuss this.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't know how relevant this will be to some people.

I remember watching an episode in a series covering the role of religion in politics around the world. A bloke called Melvyn Bragg was presenting and he is fairly reputable, in the UK at least, so I kind of trusted the integrity of the programme.

Anyhoo, the episode I watched came from the US, and Melvyn was inteviewing a guy who was/had been an adviser to George Bush. One of the points made by this fella was that many people, Mr. Bush himself included, held the belief that Jesus would physically return to Earth once Israel had totally secured the Holy Land for themselves, with Jerusalem holding particular significance.

I couldn't tell you how true this allegation is. It does seem rather crazy, but then again, some 'religious' people do come accross as a bit mad to me anyways! We know that Mr. Ahmadinejad is similarly inclined, re: The 12th Imam

Is this belief being pursued? The capability is there, I guess. Could cotemporary, related and seemingly unrelated, events be part of a plan to induce all out Israeli dominance of the region leading to the second coming!!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I don't know how relevant this will be to some people.

I remember watching an episode in a series covering the role of religion in politics around the world. A bloke called Melvyn Bragg was presenting and he is fairly reputable, in the UK at least, so I kind of trusted the integrity of the programme.

Anyhoo, the episode I watched came from the US, and Melvyn was inteviewing a guy who was/had been an adviser to George Bush. One of the points made by this fella was that many people, Mr. Bush himself included, held the belief that Jesus would physically return to Earth once Israel had totally secured the Holy Land for themselves, with Jerusalem holding particular significance.

I couldn't tell you how true this allegation is. It does seem rather crazy, but then again, some 'religious' people do come accross as a bit mad to me anyways! We know that Mr. Ahmadinejad is similarly inclined, re: The 12th Imam

Is this belief being pursued? The capability is there, I guess. Could cotemporary, related and seemingly unrelated, events be part of a plan to induce all out Israeli dominance of the region leading to the second coming!!

Good points all, though I could have done without the religious = mad remark

Anyway, as one of those "mad religious", let me see if I can bring some light in here:

Nothing that man can do can bring back Jesus Christ, Number One.

Thre is no Biblical basis for believing that Israel "totally securing the land for themselves" will bring about the return Of Jesus Christ, Number Two.

Christians have differing views on when the return will come about, but Jesus said Himself that "No one knows the day or hour but the Father Himself".

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
You seem to be a little confused if you think the 7 year period is happening now.

WHERE IS THE TREATY???????????

Here is the treaty to be confirmed!:Euro med

This is the long awaited treaty that noone seems to even know about. It will be reconfirmed on January 1, 2007. It is literaly a, " covenant with many." This coinsidentaly, also marks the beginning of the European Unions new seven year budget, 2007-2013. Make no mistake about it the tribulation is at the door and there are few who are ready for the fate that lies just ahead of us. Javier Solana wrote this agreement and he will confirm it I bet my very life on it!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
okay....so one says the "rapture" is the devils lie..it will be for the ones 'left after the tribulation.

the other says it will happen b4 the tribulation....?

then another say the only one who knows is the Father and the son(which makes sense).

another thing this one lady, Sherry Shriner seems she has a lot to say about the end times. What do u guys think about her??

www.sherryshriner.com

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
Good points all, though I could have done without the religious = mad remark

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I thought about that and hoped my 'some' qualification would demonstrate a desire not to apply blanket labels. I don't know that you are one of those religious people I would term 'mad'! Besides, I know a few 'religious' people whom I wouldn't call mad at all.

Nothing that man can do can bring back Jesus Christ, Number One.

Agreed.

Thre is no Biblical basis for believing that Israel "totally securing the land for themselves" will bring about the return Of Jesus Christ, Number Two.

Not being a student of scripture at all, I couldn't comment on this except to say that ambiguity is a charge sometimes levelled at said texts.

Christians have differing views on when the return will come about, but Jesus said Himself that "No one knows the day or hour but the Father Himself".

Sort of links into my previous answer, I guess.

I am led to believe that Mr. Bush may be a Fundamentalist. How would this influence his core beliefs, if indeed he is of that persuasion? Does Christian Fundamentalist doctrine have an influence on current policy decisions? If so, to what degree and to what end?

As I say, I don't profess to have much knowledge pertaining to the workings of various religions and their flavours, but questions have been raised regarding Mr. Bush's religious 'bent' and that of his cohorts. Given that such fervent conviction will be perceived as having purpose by the beholder, coupled with the power the office of US President brings, it would be interesting to know, shall we say, 'desired intentions'.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The predictions of the end times over the last 2000 years missed some very important facts.

1948 Isreal reborn

1967 Jerusalem returns to Isreali hands

The "signs" could not begin until the first two above.........

If I am correct the following will happen in this current war.......

Damascas will be Nuked............and soon.........

The remains of the lost tribes will come to Isreals aid.........

The US, Britian, Australia

Any direct evidence of these actually being predicted ? Just wondering.

Lex

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Lexion]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How far-fetched is it to think if Bush is a fundamentalist, that he won't push armageddon along himself. He is arguably the most unchecked presidential power in our history. He could start the end of times, and for the rest of us it'd be too late to stop him, because of the fear and power he weilds.

Yes, No?

-ADHD

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
For those whom believe let them listen............

This very point in time, the next 6-7 years will bring and end to evil forever. An evil that has existed for untold aeons. That war between literally aliens from other planets will end, here on earth, once and for all.

Or if you listen to the media..........its just a war between humans, the earth is just having climatic changes, and earthquakes, volcanos are just "normal".

Ot makes sense that "evil" would hide all the signs of the end of the age. But God will open the eyes of his people.

So many are ignorant, so few understand. Very, very few will survive the next few years. 4/5's of the planet will die, horribly...............

Bush knows his destiny and the Iranian Hitler will make it happen......

I have always wondered about satans sense of humor. It was a burnng "bush" that dew Moses to the mountain.

Perhaps it is a burning "Bush" that will begin the end ot time..........

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
How far-fetched is it to think if Bush is a fundamentalist, that he won't push armageddon along himself. He is arguably the most unchecked presidential power in our history. He could start the end of times, and for the rest of us it'd be too late to stop him, because of the fear and power he weilds.

Yes, No?

-ADHD

The idea of 'armageddon' as such does seem a little far fetched to me, unless there are some very unhinged people with their fingers on the buttons. A more realistic scenario, if policy is religious driven, would have the goal of some sort satisfaction of conditions, therefore bringing about whatever epiphany is being sought.

Having said that, I don't know how these people think. Perhaps they really do want to start lobbing nuclear weapons around the globe in the hope that it will bring back Jesus. I bet he can't wait!

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu

Originally posted by helen670

Hi Thermopolis/

199?

Take care,
helen

Helen, FIRST thing i thought after reading the first post was also that the abomination of desolation has not happened yet.

I wonder if ppl even know what that is??

trying to work backwards,
the scriptural 'abomination of desolation' could only be identified/recognized
thru the eyes & 'wisdom' of mystical Judiasm, i.e. Kabballah...
that is the clue given when Revelations' tells the reader "here is wisdom" ~so only the priestly tribe can definitively proclaim just what/who is the object to be known as the Abomination of Desolation

The 10 lost tribes, which were one time the kindgom to the North of Solomons' South Kingdom wich was principally the tribe of Judah with some Benjamin&Levites.
in the early stages of end-times, aka beginning-of-sorrows/ early birth-pangs,
the remnants of the 10 lost tribes will compose many of the forces of Gog-Magog
(see...the north kingdom decided to forget/not follow Torah or Talmud that the South Kingdom of Jews held dear...& thus became Gog-Magog to Bible scripture)

Now to the "External Quote" of the thread starter;
the Holy Place is non-existant at this point in time also.
the Holy Place is the inner Holy-of-Holies of an existing Temple
and presently there is no 3rd Temple in Jerusalem, ERGO No Holy Place
than can be desecrated by any 'Abomination of Desolation' be it a figure/person/image

Next off in that same 'External Quote" box;
the future readers (& i assume Believers) are warned to flee 'Judaea' into the mountains!
There is no area, nation, state, in the world known as Judaea.....
the land of Israel, which was called Eretz-Israel, which kinda means the Hebrew part of Israel or Jews in diaspora...should rightly have a National Name of Judea,
which would more correctly/accurately describe the national character & demographic makeup of nation we know as Israel today.
[you can divide responsibility equally among the Zionist Movement, the British Mandate, the Eretz-Israel movements for adopting the name Israel instead of Judaea/Judah/or even Zion]

in sum, no end time events have been fluffed over by any Media,
its mostly taking scripture and reading what one wants to appear that is the
culprit,

i appreciate your list of things that should have been prophetic earmarks...
but you seem to have excluded one major end-times monstrosity==>
the creation of the atomic & hydrogen bombs & used twice in Japan in anger

i'd reckon there are 50-100 things that are spin-ed into signs of the end-times
that are quickly found to be in error via that particular believers' delusion
which itself is supposed to be an end-time component.

thanks for your attention,

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
soooo when will the rapture happen?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join