It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of the End of Time ..The Media Conspiracy to hide them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
John 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

And i didn't say Jesus changed the law. Look at the context, the law of moses said that they should be stoned, so why is it that Jesus said otherwise, he must have changed something?

edit: lol where in my text did i say that being a hooker was ok?

I'd also like to add, HOW can you possibly say that Islam worships God when they deny Jesus divinity? Didn't Jesus say he was the way the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father except through me. When Philip asked, show us the father, didn't Jesus say he that hath seen me has seen the Father. Jesus is God's Word incarnate.

THerefore, Islam nor Israel believes in the biblical Father, if they had known God they would of accepted Jesus for who he was.

It is becoming very popular the idea that people who don't believe in Jesus after they have rejected him can be saved. I recall reading that the pope or a cardinal saying that Jews are saved even after rejecting Christ, because the NT only applies to the gentile church or something. uhhhh, no.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Shortness]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, we cannot have it both ways can we...

are jews Gods chosen people, is so, then how does salvation apply..?

if not, then how do we allow for gods chosen people to be saved..?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
toolman, i don't understand what you're trying to ask, but...

I'll let the bible answer if the jews are God's chosen people...

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

The heirs of the covenant that God made with Abraham have now gone to those who have given thier lives to Christ, i believe the special favor that God gave to the literal nation of Israel was dependant if they could keep thier end of the bargain, but because of their continual rejection of Jesus and after the stoning of Stephen, Paul said...

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Thus, God's care and protection will go to those who accepted Jesus in thier life and live it, and not the literal nation of Israel.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sorry mate, you are totally wrong on all fronts.

Originally posted by Shortness
John 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

And i didn't say Jesus changed the law. Look at the context, the law of moses said that they should be stoned, so why is it that Jesus said otherwise, he must have changed something?

Where in the 10 commandments does it say to stone the sinners? this so called law was an invention of Moses. Jesus came and fixed that.

I'd also like to add, HOW can you possibly say that Islam worships God when they deny Jesus divinity? Didn't Jesus say he was the way the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father except through me. When Philip asked, show us the father, didn't Jesus say he that hath seen me has seen the Father. Jesus is God's Word incarnate.

THerefore, Islam nor Israel believes in the biblical Father, if they had known God they would of accepted Jesus for who he was.

Islam accepts Jesus but not as Son of God but as a prophet.

Judaism still waits for their messiah.

So pretty much the old testament is common between the 3 religions, and of course Allah = Jahveh = God.

It is becoming very popular the idea that people who don't believe in Jesus after they have rejected him can be saved. I recall reading that the pope or a cardinal saying that Jews are saved even after rejecting Christ, because the NT only applies to the gentile church or something. uhhhh, no.

The great emperor Konstantine who is now a saint has:

-knifed his father
-poisoned his brother
-stabbed his #1 officer
-killed many other people in various torturous ways

but when he adopted christianity, he was saved. Not only saved, but also become a saint.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Point - 1 Allah is not the God of Abraham...............Allah is a pagan god.

Not all "jews" reject Christ........the original churches, duh.....

Isreal are still and always will be the chosen people, but those who do not keep the covenant (sabbath) do not get blessings........they were driven from the holy land as a group.

Judah is only one tribe.........there are many members of the lost tribes that still keep sabbath to this very day.

From Christ forward the only path to heaven is through Him......period.

Only those whose names are written in the book of life will live forever.

Islam rejects Christ as the son of God. It places mohamed above him.

Jews after Christ have also rejected him unless they have become "messianic jews".............

Most Catholics worship Mary, or Idols (the crusifix), saints, etc.

Note to planet.......the Torah was dictated to Moses by God.......directly.

One must carefully sift through the debris called the media to see the end times being fulfilled.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thermopolis,

I agree with this last post but not your post on the rapture.

Would the character of God change and not spare the righteous?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That is my whole point, Jesus came and changed the mosaic law.

Why you would bring up Constantine as an example of a saved christian is beyond me, because we do not know how if his conversion to a christian was sincere or convenient for his empire.

Jesus said it plainly, if you know Jesus you know who God is. So anyone who rejects Jesus does knot know God. Anyone who says that Jesus did not come in the flesh is antichrist, its all in the bible.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I am led to believe that Mr. Bush may be a Fundamentalist. How would this influence his core beliefs, if indeed he is of that persuasion? Does Christian Fundamentalist doctrine have an influence on current policy decisions? If so, to what degree and to what end?

He is indeed a Fundamentalist, his belief's and pressure put on him and his policies by his
Armaggedon/Apocalyspe centric Christians (500,000 phone calls to the white house one day), was covered in great detail by New York's Village Voice in 2003.

Bush and his Christian "base" are identical to the extremists Muslims we are supposed to be fighting. I'll throw in extremists Israeli/Zionists and other psycho-fanatical cults like the Manson family and Jim Jones Church for obvious reasonable comparison.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
The tribulation has begun..............we are in the last 7 year period............

So, if it doesn't happen, will you reject jesus christ as saviour?

I am unclear on your point, are you saying that the signs of the end of the world are out there right now, but that they are hidden by media spin? How do you know that they are there then?

THere has been no increase in earthquakes or anything like that, infact, there is nothing going on right now that is of biblical or apocalyptic proportions, things are now as they have allways been.

The predictions of the end times over the last 2000 years missed some very important facts.
1948 Isreal reborn
1967 Jerusalem returns to Isreali hands

The "signs" could not begin until the first two above

I am unclear, what in the bible states that this must happen in order for the end of the world to occur, and how come all those other peopel in the past were so blind as to not notice it?

For those whom believe let them listen

Now you're a prophet eh?

Bush knows his destiny

Bush will be out of power with this term, so he'll have little to do with finishing the 'apocalypse' or much at all to do with it.

It is the "dome of the rock".
The daily sacrafice has been taken away.

The daily sacrifice and the temple itself was destroyed long, long, long before there was any muslim temple on the site.

Idol worship such as the catholic church (christ on the cross), false gods, praying to Mary or saints.

Catholics don't worship anything other than god, the father son and holy spirit.

Allah is an ancient pagan moon god.

Rather, when mohammed spread the allah religion, he smashed the idols, liek that of the moon god, in the old cubic temple at mecca.

Remember satan is the "acuser" of mankind before God.

Satan reporst to god when isreal has fallen into sin. How do you see the media as having anything to do with that? The media is made up of angels?

Blaming Isreal for all things is the ulimate end time spin............as is blaming america.........home of decendents of the lost tribes and a judeo christian founded state.

America is home to lots of peoples, the smallest minority are semites from the levant.

2012 will be the end of time

This contradicts the bible, which states that no one expect god on high can know. Are you again saying that you are a prophet?

He stopped the stoning of the "hooker" because it was a mob, she had not been judged correctly

So you suggest that hookers should be stoned, so long as a jewish religious council agrees? And that jesus couldn't judge a person, but rather a jewish religious council had to?

You find man on man anal sex as sinful as eating shrimp?

studio
Therefore The Dome or even the nearby Al Asqa? cannot qualify as the scriptures'
Abomination of Desolation.

Doesn't the AofD refer to the installation of an idol to the greek God-king of the east in the temple anyways??

nation is "living in peace, and cities without walls"

Hmm, intriguing. So as long as there is a security fence between israel and the occupied territories, there can be no end of the world, according to the bible anyways, interesting.

If there is an Ultimate Abomination, it would not be Islam because according to the Hebrew tribal god both they and all other 'false' religions were not from the chosen people to begin with...

They are semites, from the region, descended from abraham according to the bible, and have just as much of a claim at being yhwhsts as christians (from the jewish persepctive anyways, perhaps even moreso). I'd think that somethign like the abomination can't be a christian or muslim, or ba'hi temple for that matter. But rather a completely foreign cult idol.

shane
The Parable of the Fig tree is Israel. Whether it means the Statehood of Israel or the retaking of Jerusalem, is not clear, but this generation will not die, before He returns.

As an aside, what if the generation isn't a human generation, but rather the 'generation', the signs on the fig tree that indicate summer will come, they are 'generations', growths, etc. Thus perhaps rather it is saying, once the signs arrive that indicate the end of the world is in the foreseable future, they won't dissapear until christ returns.

Christ returns, spliting the Mount of Olives, and walks throught the Eastern Gate. (I am going to love seeing this day come).

Is that in the bible? Jesus passing through the eastern gate? In the solistitial 'platonic' religions, the journey of the human soul through existience is recapitulated by the sun's movements through the heavens, with the sun entering the 'heavens', and thus the soul entering life, through through a constellation associated with the summer solstice (and exiting the heavens, through the winter solstice gate). So jesus entering through the eastern gate is interesting, in that the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, thus the allegory may be the jesus enters the world at this time, rather than the end of the world, its really the begining, and in a sense it is the begining of the world, its the begining of the new perfected kingdom. In all the old myths about the creation of the universe, there is a struggle between good and evil, with orderly good triumphing over chaos, intersting too that the apocalypse describes just such a battle between good and evil, and that it leads to perfected order in the literal kingdom of jesus.

sun matrix
How would it be possible for God to re-establish Israel and claim to protect it and then be leading those that are trying to destroy it.

SInce when did god re-establish isreal? The UN established hte state of isreal. Even the chasidim amoung the jews don't recognize it as being initiated by the jewish messiah, and refuse to recognize it as such and thus continue to await the jewish messiah. If chasidic jews can be openly opposed to the modern secular state of isreal, why can't muslims, and all still be stemming from teh same religion?
Heck, islam has a better claim at old testament authenticity than the three-god religion of christianity, where god becomes a physical man, etc etc.

The God of Abraham is not the god who kills innocents.

Bollocks. Everyone at Jerhico was evil and deserved to die? And who says that Allah kills innocent people anyway, just because some evil people do it in his name? The state of isreal has undeiably killed innocent people, even if unintentionally, does that mean that they have nothing to do with the god of abraham?

shortness
because we do not know how if his conversion to a christian was sincere or convenient for his empire.

Why would anyone make a deathbed conversion if it wasn't sincere?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Deathbed conversion? Constantine became a christian approximately 312 AD and died about 337 AD...

I mean, just look how the moral majority, religious right, fundamental christian conservatives affect Bush's election and reelection, and all he had to say was "I'm a born again christian, and i talk to God"

By thier fruits, ye shall know them.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Shortness]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Constantine was baptized on his death bed. Its quesitonable if he had converted earlier on. Regardless, why be baptised when you're dying if you don't beleive in it?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

The tribulation has begun..............we are in the last 7 year period............

So, if it doesn't happen, will you reject jesus christ as saviour?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Nygdan]

err......ahhh NO.............you miss the fact that I am 100% correct. As usual

2012 as a date does not conflict with the bible. No one knows the hour, but based on the signs enumerated by Jesus one can know he is at the "door".

The end time is a pretty straight forward mathmadical equation.

Storms, earthquakes, the sky is falling, Isreal reborn, those beheaded for my names sake......., war...famine.......pestilence .......and many other signs are all variables that onlly fit in the equation one way at this specific point in eternity. s they "click" in the timer is now moving.........

The next big "key" is Damascus burning...........

Next nato or russia moving in as peace keepers in...........In reality the peace keepers will only be pre-positioning assets for the strike against Isreal after they melt Iran down..........

Peace there BRO

Hal Lindsay has always said he wondered why the USA isn't mentioned in revelations or daniel. Actually america is..........the end time speaks of "Isreal" not judea. What we all call Isreal is only judea. Isreal are the remnant of the lost tribes that still believe in the commandments and Christ...... America, Britain, Australia, Ireland are all part of end times "Isreal"......

[edit on 19-7-2006 by thermopolis]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The God of Abraham and Isaac and Ismael...such a tragedy that this Familys descendants are now at each others throats and drag the world into their conflict.

Where is it written than Allah is no more God, than the God of the Christians? Since Christ appeared, the only way is through him...then what about the American Indian, and millions of humans who never heard of Christ? what of the people who came before Christ who never read the Torah?

What God intended, and what Man wrote and assembled into the Bible are very seperate issues. The words of Christ are suppressed by the words of Paul, where are the the missing 18 years of Christs Life? There are books in the bible that detail inane data, but 18 years of the redeemer of mankind were simply lost?

There is much more missing from the bible, probably more buddist in Nature than the Church is willing to admit, who knows what Jesus did those 18 years. Maybe he started Buddism...maybe laid the foundation for Islam...we just dont know.
Man hijacked the Bible, and is now paying the price.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolman
The God of Abraham and Isaac and Ismael...such a tragedy that this Familys descendants are now at each others throats and drag the world into their conflict.

it is sad.

Where is it written than Allah is no more God, than the God of the Christians? Since Christ appeared, the only way is through him...then what about the American Indian, and millions of humans who never heard of Christ? what of the people who came before Christ who never read the Torah?

The bible says,

Romans 2:12For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

It will be up to God on how he decides to deal with people who never had a chance to hear the gospel.

What God intended, and what Man wrote and assembled into the Bible are very seperate issues. The words of Christ are suppressed by the words of Paul, where are the the missing 18 years of Christs Life? There are books in the bible that detail inane data, but 18 years of the redeemer of mankind were simply lost?

you're assuming as if God wanted to reveal to us a description of Jesus missing years of life. Trust me, IF God thought it was important to include all that stuff, he would of. You're talking about THE ALMIGHTY HERE, who knows the beginning from the end, do you truly believe that in his infinite power, that somehow, someway, mankind was able to change the bible so much that we can't trust it?

There is much more missing from the bible, probably more buddist in Nature than the Church is willing to admit, who knows what Jesus did those 18 years. Maybe he started Buddism...maybe laid the foundation for Islam...we just dont know.

Whatever made you distrust the bible, it wasn't God's plan. Before Satan tried to burn all the bibles up. Now that he can't do it, and that the bible is the most published book in history, he figured, hey why not discredit the bible through science et al. Trust in God, thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path

Psalms 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

We have to trust in God and believe His Truth will endure ALL generations, including 2006.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

There is much more missing from the bible, probably more buddist in Nature than the Church is willing to admit,

Can you give examples of what you are talking about.

Maybe he started Buddism...

No, Buddism came from Babylon.

maybe laid the foundation for Islam...

Islam came from Babylon.

What are you talking about..........Man hijacked the Bible?????????????????
Which man, when, how, where.???????????

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

Where is it written than Allah is no more God, than the God of the Christians?

Read this:

www.apologeticsindex.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

you miss the fact that I am 100% correct. As usual

And when, as usual, the world fails to come to an apocalyptic end, and the messiah fails to return 'today today today', and you are shown, once again, to not be 100% correct, are you going to give up your faith in jesus christ as saviour?

No one knows the hour, but based on the signs enumerated by Jesus one can know he is at the "door".

Interestingly enough, the 'door' as a prelude to the return of the end times figure is precisely the language of shia islam, the 'ba'ab' is the door to the occulted mahdi. Who's really subtly speaking to you eh?

The end time is a pretty straight forward mathmadical equation.

The fact that you'd substitute a completely objective science in place of an absolutely subjective, enshrouded, and symbolic book like John's apocalypse indicates that you have tricked yourself.

Storms, earthquakes, the sky is falling, Isreal reborn, those beheaded for my names sake......., war...famine.......pestilence .......and many other signs are all variables that onlly fit in the equation one way at this specific point in eternity.
The sky isn't falling Mr. Little.

Next nato or russia moving in as peace keepers in...........In reality the peace keepers will only be pre-positioning assets for the strike against Isreal after they melt Iran down.

And, agian, when this doesn't happen, will you renounce christ? Since you are saying that its certain, and its a critical aspect in your faith, once that falls flat, will you reject the rest that you are so certain and faithful about?

Isreal are the remnant of the lost tribes that still believe in the commandments and Christ...... America, Britain, Australia, Ireland are all part of end times "Isreal"......

Don't you find it 'odd' that that just happens to correspond to your own 'world'? That perhaps you merely wish that you were part of god's Israel? Prideful, no?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Isreal are the remnant of the lost tribes that still believe in the commandments and Christ...... America, Britain, Australia, Ireland are all part of end times "Isreal"......

Don't you find it 'odd' that that just happens to correspond to your own 'world'? That perhaps you merely wish that you were part of GOD's Israel? Prideful, no? (Edited by Shane)

I don't find his comments odd

I would say, that Thermopolis has accurately noted, "some" of Israel.

He forgot the Dan-ish, and of course Zebulon (Holland) for other examples, but it is easy to "Define" them.

Genesis 49:1 thru 28 makes this quite clear, and IF YOU ONLY LOOK TODAY, you can find them. (most of them anyways)

This is what makes me laugh about the Situation seen lately in the Middle East. Our Arab Cousins in the West Bank and Gaza, let alone the rest of the M.E., have got this problem with our Brother Judah and a bit of Levi, being in OUR homeland. What do you think they'ed be like today, if we all returned home.

A mass Relocation comes to mind.
. (IE The West Bank and part of Jordan would need to go back to Benjamin, Gad and Rueben. The Parcels of land currently in the News in Southern Lebanon would also need to be returned to Asher, Naphthali.)

Here's a Map for Review. www.blueletterbible.org...

So you would think, that Our Arab Cousins would just be happy the way things are right now. It could be worst for them.

And it would be nice if the Pride of Being GOD's Inheritance, (Israel), would return to the Earth today. But I guess we have to wait for those Glorious Days. Nice thing is, it will not be a long wait.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. This will never be discussed in the Media. There is some presumption that Israel is only Jewish.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

How do you figure this? Where in the bible does it say that?

The bible has a different definition of what endtimes israel consist of.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

and

Romans 2:28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

All "true"christians are part of spiritual israel, how you can consider that the United States is part of Israel when we are suppose to be a country that has a seperation of church and state is beyond me. Of course with the way you are implying the U.S. as Israel, it must mean that separation of church and state must unite, and the 1st amendment of hte constitution must be abolished, and reworded "congress shall make laws prohibiting all religions except christianity because we are Israel"

edit: the scary thing is, with so many powerful and influential christian zionists aka the religious right, and thier takeover of the republican party, what i mention above CAN happen.

In 2004, forty-eight out of fifty-one Republican Senators voted with the Christian Coalition 100% of the time. One Democrat also received a 100% scorecard -- Zell Miller who has since retired.

The graph to the right shows how often members of the U.S. Senate voted with or against Christian Coalition supported bills in the 108th Congress. Republicans are red, Democrats are blue. Forty-one out of fifty-one Republican Senators received scores of 100% from Christian Coalition, meaning they voted with Christian Coalition 100% of the time.

If you want to see the graph it can be found at theocracywatch.org

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Shortness]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness

How do you figure this? Where in the bible does it say that?

The bible has a different definition of what endtimes israel consist of.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Shortness]

Well, Shortness

Let's see what an End Times definition of Israel maybe.

Hears a Good One

Revelations
007:004 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
007:005 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
007:006 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
007:007 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
007:008 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

So, the Subject is All of Israel, and lets see, 1, 2, 3, 4,.........12. Yes, all twelve tribes are here and accounted for.

The Bride of Christ, that you bring up and infer as being Israel, are Christians, and Pauls' notations are a clarification of this. He's showing that being a Jew, or Gentile makes no difference.

And I choose a Book that is End Times Oriented!!!

Ciao

Shane

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join