It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of the End of Time ..The Media Conspiracy to hide them

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Typhon
If you also pay attention, we are supposed to have 500 years of peace before Jesus Returns. And the way things are looking, we are far from it.

care to show where you got that statement from please ?

I just checked my bible and could not find any mention of this

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

If you also pay attention, we are supposed to have 500 years of peace before Jesus Returns. And the way things are looking, we are far from it.

If no other quote in this entire thread is proof positive of the "spin" of modern media, secular school idiocy, and just plan ignorance of the gospel, this one take the cake.

The entire text of Revelations leads up to the fact that man will try to kill every living, and in fact 4/5's of the planet will be dead, before Christ returns to stop the insanity. These days are here.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just to add fuel to the fire, did anyone here see Paula Zahn's attempt to squash any rumors that the current fighting in Lebanon was any indication of this being the end time? She brought in a panel of "Faith and Values Correspondents" who told her what she wanted to hear. "No, this isn't it it's just the usual squabbling in Israel."

are we really at the end of the world? We asked faith and values correspondent Delia Gallagher to do some checking.

Read full transcript (Starts toward end of show)

Of course their conclusion is that Revelation was written by some crazy Christians who were afraid of Rome, and that it has nothing to do with today's events. We can't interpret the Bible literally like Christians are doing today.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thanks I had forgotten that bit of dribble...........yes, the sign of the beast was crazy of John of Patmos talking about Nero.........

The ultimate end time spin. There is no end of times..............it already happened.........

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hold on, hold on!!

As a thoroughly and completely overstimulated American, I not only have a right to witness the end of the world, I am obligated to do so. We're mostly responsible for it anyway, well...our advertising dollars would indicate that we are.

Aren't we the country of excess, of sin, greed, sloth...and all those other deadly sins? Isn't the U.S. of A. the country everyone else from around the world wants to live in? That's what I've been told, and the only reason I can tell is that most people live hard lives and would rather end it all in a bang rather than a whimper. That's why folks cross the border to enjoy our free social services and the fantastic products we have to offer, at discount prices.

No, the end of the world is here and companies like Wal Mart, Mc Donalds, and all the major American oil companies have made sure we're gonna be here for it...either watching it on our 200" plasma screen TV's or sucking the info down by way of the firehydrant we affectionately call broadband.

Make no doubt about it, we are seeing the end of times because we are all becoming so fattened, so weighed down by what is NOT important, that when the important times come to help one another and ourselves, we're gonna miss it because we're looking for the prize - the brag of saying "Hey, I saw that on CNN! Did you see that Seven Headed Monster? I downloaded the video onto my IPod, did you?"

Entertaining Ourselves to Death - a text by an NYC professor (Neil Postman). A good read, and scarier than anything in the Raptures.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If you also pay attention, we are supposed to have 500 years of peace before Jesus Returns.

Just curious, but where is this noted. I'd like to see that.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
For those whom believe let them listen............

This very point in time, the next 6-7 years will bring and end to evil forever. An evil that has existed for untold aeons. That war between literally aliens from other planets will end, here on earth, once and for all.

Or if you listen to the media..........its just a war between humans, the earth is just having climatic changes, and earthquakes, volcanos are just "normal".

Ot makes sense that "evil" would hide all the signs of the end of the age. But God will open the eyes of his people.

So many are ignorant, so few understand. Very, very few will survive the next few years. 4/5's of the planet will die, horribly...............

Bush knows his destiny and the Iranian Hitler will make it happen......

I have always wondered about satans sense of humor. It was a burnng "bush" that dew Moses to the mountain.

Perhaps it is a burning "Bush" that will begin the end ot time..........

what the f***

are you high?

can't you realize that the entirity of revelations is an allegorical piece designed to give hope to christians during their most persecuted time, their early existance?

for god's sake, they were crucified and then set aflame to light nero's garden. i think that persecuting will never reach that height again

now, where does it say anything about the rapture?

and doesn't it say that no man will see the end coming?

at what point in history haven't there been: wars, natural disasters, and rumors of war?

also, israel was never refounded, it was degifted from the palestinians then gifted to the jewish people.

finally, are you calling the media evil?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
All "the media" is is what the word means - a medium through which information may travel.

Everyone needs to think hard before labelling the media evil or good. It is a creation of our own vanity. Man's need to examine himself, sometimes too often and sometimes to the point where reality becomes warped.

So is the media evil? No. Is what mankind is doing with the lens that the media offers it evil? Perhaps. That question is left up to each individual, hopefully with more people than less taking the time to look into news stories rather than accept them on face value. Unfortunately, that's the state of affairs today especially with the proliferations of news websites and blogs.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25

All "the media" is is what the word means - a medium through which information may travel.

Everyone needs to think hard before labelling the media evil or good. It is a creation of our own vanity. Man's need to examine himself, sometimes too often and sometimes to the point where reality becomes warped.

So is the media evil? No. Is what mankind is doing with the lens that the media offers it evil? Perhaps. That question is left up to each individual, hopefully with more people than less taking the time to look into news stories rather than accept them on face value. Unfortunately, that's the state of affairs today especially with the proliferations of news websites and blogs.

This is a spoof right..............

The "media" has long since abandoned presenting "facts". Today the facts are "spun" to meet the agenda of the person on screen or thier editor boss. The "media" is about as evil as it gets. Few outlets present truth in any form. The "web" is even worse in many cases.

Disinformation is the RULE..............

There is little doubt to those whon have actually read and studied bible end time prophesy that the planet will soon melt.

read, study, PRAY............or prepare to be in a foxhole with satan...........

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So, the presumption is now being "Spewed"
that the Media is a wholesome and truthful Organization and that even the Internet is some proven tool of Truth.

Hmmmm???

Let's look at one of our Most Noted Sources of Details, and how they may infact be not all that reliable.

Wikipedia, seems to be the Source for an aweful lot of details offered in ATS, and I have used it's info myself, in many posts.

But it seems this source of Information is Skewed to SOMEONE's Singular Views.

Wikipedia: Foolish Faux Authoritative Collectivism
by JARON LANIER
www.edge.org...

My Wikipedia entry identifies me (at least this week) as a film director. It is true I made one experimental short film about a decade and a half ago.

The concept was awful: I tried to imagine what Maya Deren would have done with morphing. It was shown once at a film festival and was never distributed and I would be most comfortable if no one ever sees it again.

In the real world it is easy to not direct films. I have attempted to retire from directing films in the alternative universe that is the Wikipedia a number of times, but somebody always overrules me. Every time my Wikipedia entry is corrected, within a day I'm turned into a film director again.

I can think of no more suitable punishment than making these determined Wikipedia goblins actually watch my one small old movie.

It goes on, and is quite a well written work. Jason is pointing out a glaring problem. Someone is manipulating this Site, according to the singular views of some editing entity. (Goblins, in this case)

He notes.

The hive mind is for the most part stupid and boring. Why pay attention to it?

The problem is in the way the Wikipedia has come to be regarded and used; how it's been elevated to such importance so quickly. And that is part of the larger pattern of the appeal of a new online collectivism that is nothing less than a resurgence of the idea that the collective is all-wise, that it is desirable to have influence concentrated in a bottleneck that can channel the collective with the most verity and force. This is different from representative democracy, or meritocracy. This idea has had dreadful consequences when thrust upon us from the extreme Right or the extreme Left in various historical periods. The fact that it's now being re-introduced today by prominent technologists and futurists, people who in many cases I know and like, doesn't make it any less dangerous.

But this is worth the read, just to consider the pionts refered to, which are several.

And one of my favourite people, has his comments on Wiki as well.

Fake Encyclopedia Wikipedia Deletes Alt. Media (continued)
by URI DOWBENKO
www.conspiracyplanet.com...

Like self-appointed Soviet Kommissars of Internet Censorship, Wikipedia, the fake online encyclopedia, is going Orwellian -- dispatching all politically incorrect websites to the Black Hole of lost and forgotten cyberspace.

And it goes on thos also note.....

........As the Bush-Cheney Regime with its lapdogs on the Supreme Court and the US Congress tightens the noose around free speech, Wikipedia is also doing its job -- censoring politically incorrect alternative media online.

Pretending to be a "free encyclopedia" is a great scam.

Enquiring minds want to know -- who bankrolled this nonsense?

Uri is always a good read, and this again is to the point, some alternative views are denied since they are against the Main Stream Media.

Just some things to review, since this presumption that all far and balanced in the Media is not quite accurate.

Here, we looked at one 1 single example. Maybe we should be looking at "Others"?

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
And to pickup on the previous, let's look as some people.

Bronner, Oscar Publisher and Editor, Der Standard
Burda, Hubert Publisher and CEO, Hubert Burda Media Holding GmbH
Crawley, Phillip Publisher and CEO, The Globe and Mail
Gigot, Paul A. Editor of the Editorial Page, The Wall Street Journal
Joffe, Josef Publisher-Editor, Die Zeit
Kaletsky, Anatole Editor at Large, The Times
Kerdrel, Yves de Editor, Le Figaro
Kimsey, James V. Founding CEO America Online, Inc.
Koru, Fehmi Senior Writer, Yeni Safek
Nass, Matthias Deputy Editor, Die Zeit
O'Brien, Denis Chairman, Communicorp Group Ltd.
Pearlstine, Norman Senior Advisor, Time Warner Inc.
Prichard, J. Robert S. Preisdent, Torstar Corporation
Reisman, Heather Chair and CEO, Indigo Books & Music Inc.
Seidenfaden, Tøger Executive Editor-in-Chief, Politiken
Vinocur, John Senior Correspondent, International Herald Tribune
Wolf, Martin H. Ass Editor and Economics Comm, The Financial Times

What do these MEDIA People all have in Common? What is it, this list represents?

A meeting of the Media to discuss and work on providing solutions to ensure Facts are the basis of a Story?

Where they together to work on methods to prove they, "As a Collective", are not speaking with 1 Voice, but made up of Various Original Thoughts and Storys that are unique and different, airing the Personal Choices the "Local Population Takes in.

Now, what would you say, if they made up 1/10th of everyone from Oil/Gas, Government, Banking, Military, Forums such as the CFR type Groups, and so on, that came to this years events.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The media hiding the signs of the end of times??
Are you serious? Every channel you turn to there seems to be talks of the end of the world. They talk about your storms, your earthquakes etc.

The media talks about this all the time especially now due to the war. Here is a few clips someone put together to just show you how much the media is involved in this garbage.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
what would the media gain by hiding signs of the end times?

wouldn't they get higher ratings for having the biggest (and last) story of all time?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
First there is only an end times, cause you believe there has to be.
All the evangelicals are so caught up in a dream that they are forcing the problems going on in the middle east by encouraging the killings, etc.

People need to drop the guns and let the leaders pick it up and shoot each other...be done with it now!

You focus on it, you got it...the Bible is nothing more than a blue print (and i dont mean it from the Christian perspective.

peace

dalen

<< 2  3  4   >>

join