It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm thinking that it was almost as if the Haitian was using Mr. Bennett.

As for Sylar's escape, I wonder if a smaller tool, say a nail file, or something would have been a better suicide tool. It's like Sylar used the mass of the gun to break the window and escape.

Good move on the chick's part though. A destroyed brain is useless to him.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm thinking that it was almost as if the Haitian was using Mr. Bennett.

As for Sylar's escape, I wonder if a smaller tool, say a nail file, or something would have been a better suicide tool. It's like Sylar used the mass of the gun to break the window and escape.

Good move on the chick's part though. A destroyed brain is useless to him.

she must have thought her power of persuation was more powerful than him. it worked last week, or so we were led to believe

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think it worked because it wasn't expected. He does have the ability to fix things that are "broken". Maybe the part of the mind that is affected through the persuasion power was seen as broken to Sylar, and so he fixed it.

Side note, what's up with PP? Do you think that his forsight can be changed, or is it fate?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
in this show the future can be changed. in Isaac's painting peter was dead. Granted, Claire was near him so he suddenly had the regeneration/healing thing going but I would imagine the concept of changing the future is real.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Side note, what's up with PP? Do you think that his forsight can be changed, or is it fate?

I'm still trying to figure out why he has these visions in the first place

His ability is to mirror the abilities of those he comes into contact with. So who is he getting this vision power from?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
he has dreams that center on abilities. this all started when he started dreaming he could fly. perhaps he manages to maintain the absorbed abilities only in dreams. he was around his brother, started dreaming of flying. he was around claire, started healing. he actually helped isaac with a painting. maybe he now has some ability to see the future in his dreams/seizures.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'm still trying to figure out why he has these visions in the first place

His ability is to mirror the abilities of those he comes into contact with. So who is he getting this vision power from?

An absorbed twin?

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh geez

I hope they don;t take things there.

Maybe it is from some outside influence like Sanjog the Indian boy.
As wee seen in "Six Months Earlier," Peter was having these visions before he even knew he had powers. Hiro came to him from the future to guide him. Maybe there are other forces trying to guide him as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sanjog did say that people came to him in dreams, when they needed answers. This definately fits the bill.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I guess we may find out as early as next episode. This show has been pretty good for not leaving us hanging for too long. Unlike Lost. As much as I love Lost, they have mysteries (big ones) from the first episode and still haven't explained them.

Peter became sick in his cell. Did I miss something on that? He should have been in excellent shape with Claire being in contact with him.

Speaking of Claire, Last Monday I was up late and Malcolm in the Middle reruns were on. Hayden Panettiere (Claire) had a reoccurring role on that show. She was hardly recognizable.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I forgot about his sudden onset of some strange ailment.

Radiation poisoning? He's about to go thermonuclear so maybe he's got a bit of the ole radiation sickness.

It should be pointed out that Peter did not have a dream about Hiro, Hiro bent time to visit Peter and set the Save The Cheerleader thing in motion.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Peter is only going to blow up because he absorbs Ted's power (At least that's the obvios situation). So, where's Ted in all of this.

BTW, the painting of Hiro with the Dinosaur was great. I honestly thought the whole episode was worth that one shot. Perfect comic cover art.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Radiation poisoning? He's about to go thermonuclear so maybe he's got a bit of the ole radiation sickness.

His blowing up in his vision would have to mean that he absorbs Ted's ability. Right now Ted is on the loose and wouldn't have any contact with Peter while he was in jail.
The odd thing is that he shouldn't be sick because he was with Clair. The healing ability should have taken care of any ailments.
The best I can think of is that the Haitian was negating his powers while Mr. Bennet somehow poisoned him.

It should be pointed out that Peter did not have a dream about Hiro, Hiro bent time to visit Peter and set the Save The Cheerleader thing in motion.

No one said that Peter had a dream about Hiro.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm a little disappointed with the new cliffhanger question "Are you on the list?"

It reminds me too much of the 4400 (not that the show didn't before).

I want to see Hiro go back to prehistory and fight the dinosaur though. That's all I really want to see in future episodes, the rest will just be gravy.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I hope to see Hiro face off with that T-Rex too. I think it might be too costly even for a hit TV show though.
Maybe they plan to do it in the online-only graphic novel.
If it does make it to the screen I doubt it will be in this season.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have a feeling that peter petrelli and his power is getting way more advanced and more powerful that he knows

It seems now that his power can work with far distances, if so peter could tap into anyones power and use at any given time around the world, and that is the ultimate weapon, but who knows if his power will evolve that much.

this is going to be great waiting for the next season, i'm just glad its only a month away ya know.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster

It seems now that his power can work with far distances,

Why do you say that? Did I miss something?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
It seems now that his power can work with far distances

It could be very possible. The "Heroes" have been getting stronger.

I'm thinking that Peter might have the ability to use the heroes powers again, without having to be near them. it's quite possible that once he "learns" a power, it lies dormant in him until he can better control his own ability.

I so knew he was going to blow up the city! I'm happy atleast one of my theories came true.

Now that he knows it's him, I wonder if it will still be him. If it's a self-fulfilled prophecy, then what would cause him to return to the city on the date of disaster?

Regarding Hiro and the dinosaur (hey, that sounds like the name of a spin-off
), I think Hiro might have transported himself after he saw Peter was going to blow up. There would be no other reason for Hiro to use his powers to travel back in time, if the event of the disaster was only a few days away.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was kind of happy to see that girl die by Sylar's hands. She wasn't a very good actor or character for the series. Her power was almost too powerful. I do hope they tell us how Sylar was able to resist her voice.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm betting that the dream was more symbolic than literal. For example, why the hell would everyone be right next to peter when he blows? Nikki, DL and Micah weren't even trying to get to NY.

Maybe (heavy maybe here) Peter dreamed about what it was like to be Ted at the last few moments. One thing I do know is that his being sick has something major to do with it.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think there's a logical explanation to why everyone was there. My take on it all is:

Hiro and his friend, were there to stop whatever occurs.

I'm assuming Nikki goes to jail, where she meets Peter, and then DL and Micah come to break her out of there. Peter finds out she has powers, and tells her about the cop too and what will happen when the explosion occurs. It might be Nikki's evil side that takes over, causing her to be in the city when the explosion occurs, and DL has to track her down. There is also a possibility that after telling Nikki about the disaster, she convinces DL to help Peter escape too.

Claire might have seen Peter on the news, about to explode, and went to see if she could save him.

Nathan is having his party.

Matt was there to find Peter and take him back to jail, or Peter may have convinced Matt about the disaster, causing Matt to set him free.

Peter would have to have come into contact with Ted (the radioactive guy), before arriving at the place in his dream, and since Ted escaped, there's a chance Peter will try to track him down, if Matt told Peter about Ted.

Something quite amusing I found is that the little boy in Chandra's dream is named "Sanjog Iyer." If you take his first initial and last name, it spells "SIyer," which is almost like "Syler."

[edit on 11-12-2006 by DJMessiah]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join