It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
well, he opens up their heads like a human can opener. beyond that, they haven't clued us in on the technique.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm still a little unsure about Sylar's powers. How does he gain other's abilities? Does he look at other heroes brains, then fix his own? If someone could help me with that one that's be great.

With last night's episode, Sylar's character continuosly refered to animals eating the weak and canibalism (i.e. spiders eating their young), and in the recorded message between Sylar and Dr. Suresh, he hints at consuming other heroes. I hate to say it, but from what they're hinting at so far is that Sylar is eating the brains. After he kills a hero, the brain is no longer left in the body, so it does indeed look like he's taking the brain with him or eating it.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't think it's meant to be taken literally. He is consuming them, but I doubt he's actually eating them. He's a watchmaker, so I'm betting that he sees what isn't functioning normally (his actual power) and somehow reworks his own brain in that fashion.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm a little confused on what they meant by it. I know there hasn't been full detail about what he does with the brains, but if he could just consume the hero power/energy from the brains, why remove it? Unless he has powers like Peter, where he needs to be near the hero to gain their power (in Sylars case, he would need to carry around a fragment of the person's brain to feed off of their power), I wouldn't see what the reason is for removing the entire brain. More than likely, you guys are right, and I'm thinking too much into Sylar's powers.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Consuming doesn't necessarily mean eating is all. Maybe he removes, disects, analyzes, and adjusts his own accordingly.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Consuming doesn't necessarily mean eating is all. Maybe he removes, disects, analyzes, and adjusts his own accordingly.

That sounds very plausible. He did mention something similar to "It's the pieces of the brain that matter," so this idea that he rearanges his own seems likely. I rewatched the show and thought he might even include parts of brains from heroes he's killed, into his own brain.

I know this sounds farfetched, but considering he was a watch maker and included parts of many different watches into a single watch frame to make a new one, leads me to think this.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
well supposing sylars powers was that he can fix watches very well, he must be able to understand the human brain significantly enough to fix it, it seems that he wants to help the people, but who knows.

But if this guy can become like peter petrelli, but keep the powers forever, that what can you do....

But I thought maybe just like another movie, that if you ever were to drink the blood of a special type of person you could get there mowers for a short time, maybe he does this, but is able to conserve the brains to last a long time.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Good point. It reminds me of AMAZO from the DC comics. He had the power to absorb anyone's powers and abilities just by looking at them. The only way the Justice League could defeat him in the comics was to split up, which would cause Amazo's powers to split too.

I think that Charlie's brain will play an important role, because of her blood clot, if Sylar adds pieces of other people's brain to his. He might not know she has the clot in her portion of the brain, and unbeknownst to him, he would fall into a coma from it, or die. That's still assuming my theory is true (God, please let one of my theories come true!)

If anyone recorded the show, could you please tell me what Janice thought in her mind after Matt said to her "How can you even stand to kiss me"? I missed that part, unfortunately, and haven't been able to hear what she says on the tape I recorded it on.

Also, would anyone know if the caveman in the Geico commercials is played by Theodore Sprague's (the one with nuclear powers) real life actor?

Him:

Geico caveman:

(of course, the last part is a joke) ;P

[edit on 28-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
hahaha that is a good one, they do look alot alike in many ways more than one...

so yea
on the episode and recording it, did you know you can watch the whole the episode on NBC.com

its some new thing they have now

anyways

yea

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I didn't know NBC hosted Heroes episodes on its site.

Thanks for letting me know that.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
yea like here I think you can watch the last episode, I am sure its best with fast internet ya know

www.nbc.com...

anyways I have a really funny story

i was eating dinner tonight and I met a guy names, yoshi, he was from japan, and was like that awesome, yoshi and mario, hahaha, anyways yea, from there I was talking about heroes, and was like, hiro nakamura is my favorite character, and then all his friends began laughing and he was like " my name is yoshi hiro nakamura" and I just freaked out hahaha

anyways yea that was awesome...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's just me or Sylar is looking like the "Akuma / Gouki" of Heroes?

I mean, his power is pretty similar to Peter's, the only difference is that he really absorbs the entire power of the victim. Obviously (I guess), he's trying to become the strongest of all.

A bit ripoff, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think its pretty awesome, that the only person that will be able to face sylar is Peter

it will be a great fight between those two

but who is going to die next week

do you guys think it will be Isaac??

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It'll have to be someone not key to the plot, and expendable, but lovable. Isaac makes sense, or Nikki.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
DL was shot at. Maybe he bites it.

Why do we think someone will die in the next episode? I missed something.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
DL was shot at. Maybe he bites it.

They said in the preview that "a hero will die" so the speculation is on.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ah thanks. I totally missed that.

If it isn't DL (who was shot at). Maybe it will by another victim of Syler's.

[edit on 29/11/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

It said someone will die, during the end credits. My guess is that it will be either Claire or Nathan Petrelli.

Claire, because the "Save the Cheerleader, save the world" hint might still apply to the season finale. What better way to end the season, than killing off the cheerleader, and making fans eager to see what the Heroes will do to save the world now.

Nathan, because he is the mayor, so it would be likely that he will remain in the city for business, when it explodes.

[edit] Changed "Peter" to "Nathan." Can't believe I got those two mixed up.

[edit on 29-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Nathan is a congressman (or will be) but Peter is just a dude.

I'm betting that it will be Isaac because it's no good to have a fortune teller in a cliffhanger series.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out. I can't believe I got Peter and Nathan mixed up.

The day Hiro teleported to NY for the first time and was arrested, they placed a newspaper on the table in front of him, showing that Nathan won the elections. If he's having a party to celebrate, then he's probably still going to remain in the city, the day the explosion happens.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join