It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm getting a big "Magneto" vibe from this guy, if you know what I mean.

Same, now that just leaves one question in my mind..

What is Mr. Bennet's power, and when will it surface?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
THen why wasn't she able to keep Mohinder in the US? COuldn't she have "sirened" him to stay around? I'm not sure of her powers yet.

That's a good point. To me, it looks like she whispered danger or a threat to his ear that made him change his mind. For all we know, she could have said that if he doesn't comply, Claire's father would go after his ex-girlfriend.

This far into the series, I have no doubt Claire's father is a bad guy. I'm sure everyone can agree with me that kidnapping various people does not qualify someone as a good person.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

THen why wasn't she able to keep Mohinder in the US? COuldn't she have "sirened" him to stay around? I'm not sure of her powers yet.

Didn't she say something to the effect of - "You promised i'd never have to do this again" to Claire's father?

Could "this" be referring to her power over people? Or could it simply be referring to using heroin, or getting someone else to use?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
so much happens on this show, with so many characters, that things happen and then I can't remember them. Didn't the cop wind up taken by the haitian after he learned of his powers? They made it sound like that was when he started reading minds when he talked about it with the nuke guy.

the show is great but it is getting confusing with all the stories and the producers have stated there will be more characters with heroic traits and some of the ones we already know will be dead by year's end.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Simply awesome, getting better and better each episode.
BTW, what happend to Hiro? Did he come back to time more than 1 day?

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunin
BTW, what happend to Hiro? Did he come back to time more than 1 day?

We don't know yet. Who knows when Charlie's birthday was.

Originally posted by Crakeur
Didn't the cop wind up taken by the haitian after he learned of his powers? They made it sound like that was when he started reading minds when he talked about it with the nuke guy.

He said that after he woke up it was out of control. It gave me the idea that they gave his power a boost.

Originally posted by negativenihil

Didn't she say something to the effect of - "You promised i'd never have to do this again" to Claire's father?

Could "this" be referring to her power over people?

Exactly, I got the impression that she doesn't want to user her power. That is why she didn't "persuade" Mohinder to stay in New York.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think the time-travel issue with Hiro and the smart girl will resolve into her teaching him english somehow. He has to do something during his missing time.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

www.tvguide.com

Question: Your superpower is super scoop. Save the world and give us some Heroes poop.— Sarah
Ausiello:
Fanboys, prepare to piddle yourself. Christopher Eccleston — the original Dr. Who from the current Sci Fi/BBC series — is joining the cast in January in a really super (tee-hee) role. Speaking of cool casting, wait until you see who's ******* ****'s ****. You're going to flip.

Sweeet. Eccleston is awesome.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
does anyone think that sylar could have the time travel technique too

or that everyone he kills he somehow is able to gain there powers....

on top of that i was just thinking

but if peter petrelli is the only one who can use others powers, it would make him a perfect for sylar if they were to fight...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sylar for sure possesses the power of telekinesis. We saw that last episode with the coffee cup.
It could be his only power.
Telekinesis can explain every thing we’ve seen so far except the frozen body. The other body was up on the wall and stabbed with items from the house. Syler was shot and got back up. Telekinesis could have slowed or stopped the bullets. Hey flew away, again can be done with telekinesis.
Maybe down the line we will get a flash back of what happened when that body was frozen. Maybe that was the victim’s power and Sylar reversed it using his telekinesis.
I don’t have a clue about cutting the tops of heads though. He could have a sword under his coat I guess. Maybe the sword we saw on “future Hiro” was Syler’s.

You guys keep in mind that Jeph Loeb is a Co-Executive producer and a writer for Heroes. Loeb also writes comics (for fun) so he has a lot of experience when it comes to writing different ways to use telekinesis.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Maybe the sword we saw on “future Hiro” was Syler’s

Our brains are running over the same areas, heh heh. I had that thought too, but I don't think Hiro would carry a murder weapon around with him. I might be totally wrong though, and it would be a very cool idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
well the whole thing im skeptic about is that sylar was gone when the death happened, i just thought that if he had the ability to stop time he could kill her in a split second, chop the head an take the brain all in a second, with telekinesis it would take to long to carry the brain out of the door ya know.....

so yea it is weird indeed, but however it is, somehow he is doing it

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
well the whole thing im skeptic about is that sylar was gone when the death happened, i just thought that if he had the ability to stop time he could kill her in a split second, chop the head an take the brain all in a second, with telekinesis it would take to long to carry the brain out of the door ya know.....

Which would go with my theory that future Hiro (with a sword) is the one chopping off people's heads

I hope the next show explains the paradox Hiro created - the policemen and Hiro's friend are still at the diner at the murder scene, with no waitress body, that's assuming that Hiro traveled back in time to warn her or keep her away that day.

I have one more theory (sorry to everyone for posting so many theories). My theory is that the telekenisis guy (if he really is Sylar), is actually a some-what good guy. His purpose for finding heroes is not to kill them, but either warn them or save them from whoever is killing them. When he tried taking the girl, after her parents were murdered, he was probably trying to protect her from the murderer, incase the murderer finds her again.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Then why did he force the FBI chick to almost shoot herself?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm thinking it was for intimidation purposes. The writers never gave us a chance to see if he was actually willing to shoot her or not, so we can never be 100% sure.

I understand that the one who killed Suresh's father wore the same watch as the telepath who was at the diner, but I'm thinking that there was a series of events that led to the diner telepath obtaining the watch, which hasn't been shown yet. I could be completetly wrong, but I'm thinking "Sylar" and Chandra Suresh were once friends before something went wrong, and the watch was taken from Chandra's crime scene by his friend as a reminder of who killed his friend.

My thoughts on who plays the actor derive from the image on wikipedia of sylar:

If you guys turn up the picture on your screen, you can make out a small white beard on his face. My belief is that the J.J Abrams chose actor Ron Rifkin to play Sylar.

Ron was featured in another show Abrams created, known as "Alias." Here are the two images of Sylar and Ron, side by side.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
you know i was just looking at the imdb center for the heroe show an you know hiro's friend he is in about 12 episodes thats more than anyone...

this would prove that hiro is not in a couple episodes, probably due to the fatc he went back in time, so just for me, i dont like iot, hiro is the funniest an best actor i think.....

anyways yea

its does have more things an about sylar but i wouldn't look, only if you truly want to know who it is...

anyways yea

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To clarify my stance on Sylar's watch, I believe that he's holding it for sentimental purposes because the watch is broken and no longer working.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
This far into the series, I have no doubt Claire's father is a bad guy. I'm sure everyone can agree with me that kidnapping various people does not qualify someone as a good person.

Ah, we differ there. I've thought that it's been obvious for quite a few episodes now that he's a good guy, and that it's a smoke screen from the makers to make him appear bad. I reckon he's going to turn out to be the Professor X type character.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Ah, we differ there. I've thought that it's been obvious for quite a few episodes now that he's a good guy, and that it's a smoke screen from the makers to make him appear bad. I reckon he's going to turn out to be the Professor X type character.

He very well might be. To me, his actions have still been viewed as less than "heroic," with him completely erasing Claire's rapist's mind, kidnapping the police officer and erasing his mind, holding a US politician at gun point, lying to Claire about her parents, kidnapping Isaac and keeping him held against his will in an underground storage, giving him heroin, and then forcing him to take the heroin when Isaac was just starting to go clean.

Of course, you can argue that the entire Isaac situation was just to protect Claire from being killed (if that's possible in his mind, considering he already knows about her powers) during the prom. But to me, it's going to far. He's her "father" after all, so why not just be a parent and ground her from the prom? Did he really have to kidnap and drug a man just to keep his immortal daughter from being in danger during a prom, when it could have been avoided in much easier ways?

I do believe that if Claire's father is "good," and the show portrays the "cheerleader" that needs to be saved during the prom is really Claire's friend, Claire's father would have to do some pretty amazing stuff to make up for Isaac's kidnapping.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Looks like we may be getting a new "Hero."
Canadian actress Jessalyn Gilsig is joining the Heroes cast.
She has had roles in Boston Public, NYPD Blue, Nip/Tuck, and Prison Break.

superherohype.com

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join