It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hope they hold themselves a little higher than Jay and Silent Bob.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
if they were to make a reference to it, it would be a comedic nod, along the lines of "hiro, your dad looks like sulu." most likely it will be ignored.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
But really, any thoughts on DL's situation?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

1) Nikki regains control for a moment and prevents the shot from landing

2) The moment DL realizes that Nikki knows where he is, he phases and isn't shot.

3) Micah's powers extend past technology, and can be applied to the human machine as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think it will just be something simple like she barely misses and then he jumps in the car and gets away.
Cheap, I know.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I hope they hold themselves a little higher than Jay and Silent Bob.

Doubtful, we ARE dealing with the same circle of people here. Nerds are nerds, who else but a nerd would have thought it interesting to put Sulu in the role as Hiro's dad?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
the episode was pretty awesome guys like wow....

hmmmm

but it is really looking like the indian guy is going to be the professor x of the show...

Next week should be awesome

but yea i was glad to see Hiro at the end of th episode, this show is getting so large

there is alot of cast members, kinda like lost....

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah i was a bit dissapointed with no showing of the cop and his situation.

Also, on Syler's powers the telekinesis can be used to explain everything he has done so far. When dealing with the freezing aspect, if he were able to gain perfect, precise control over his powers, he could actually slow down the molecule in the air immediatly surrounding the body, causing the air temperature to drop to a very cold temperature, very quickly, causing the freezing to occur.

In the area of Syler being shot, he could have stopped the bullets, but by the way he fell down and laied still for a few moments, I believe he actually was shot. ONce again needing very precise control over his powers, he could have removed the bullets and then then caused the repdroduction and replication of his cells to occur at an incredibly enhanced rate, healing himself very quickly.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The cop will be in the next episode. Since he's on the Syler case, and PP is thought to be Syler, we'll have an interesting next episode. Especially when they start reading each other's minds.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Especially when they start reading each other's minds.

Oh yeah!

But I think next episode all takes place "6 months earlier" so we might have to wait an extra week for Peter to meet Matt and to find out what happened to DL.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here are some question on Sylar we should ask.

• Why is Sylar killing "heroes" and removing their brains?
  • How does he know where to find these "Heroes?"
  • If he told where to find the "Heroes" who is telling him?
  • Why is that they insist on not showing his full face in the TV show?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Why is Sylar killing "heroes" and removing their brains?

*Spoilers* I read from Wikipedia that he needs to fuel his powers by the brains of other heroes. Either he eats them or he can absorb their "hero energy" from the brains.

How does he know where to find these "Heroes?"

He knew Chandra Suresh, before he died. In a recording Chandra Suresh made, he refers to Sylar as the "patient zero," meaning he probably studied him and was basing his genetic theories on Sylar's genes and powers. Chandra says that Sylar's hunger is growing to dangerous and will discontinue studying him.

If he told where to find the "Heroes" who is telling him?

He probably has the unencrypted file listing all the heroes, probably stolen from Chandra Suresh.

Why is that they insist on not showing his full face in the TV show?

Assuming it's him in the next week's episode, they do. The actor they portrayed in the next episode to play Sylar is *spoiler*Zachary Quinto *spoiler*. I still think he's the guy from the Alias, because you can clearly see the shadowed image of him has a white beard. The "Sylar" they showed in next week's episode had the same glasses and same clothing as Claire's father. Maybe her father wanted him to act as his dopleganger and find new heroes for him.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It was hard not to read those spoilers.

I remember Suresh's dealings with Sylar but I must of missed where this "hunger" came up.

Also I'm not seeing any white beard in this image of Sylar.
en.wikipedia.org...:Heroes_Sylar2.jpg

I can really see dark sideburns though.
If you zoom into the picture you can really make out details in his face.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The image with him and the white beard is:

en.wikipedia.org...:Heroes_Sylar.jpg

I'm trying to find where I read Sylars age, but I can recall reading that he was in his 40's. Either he has the ability to change his appearance too, he can time travel, or there is an imposter, if the image I posted above does indeed have a white beard.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The image with him and the white beard is:

en.wikipedia.org...:Heroes_Sylar.jpg

The image I posted is also of Syler. There is no clearly no white beard.

I've zoomed in the image you posted and lightened it up. Black Sideburns can be clearly made out. You may see a beard but it is just an artifact created by altering the image. Regardless, the following images will show exactly who plays Sylar.

Here is the image I posted again but zoomed and lightened.

Here is an image of Zachary Quinto.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe it's not a white beard but frost from when that guy was frozen. Either he did it or was around at the time.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I'm trying to find where I read Sylars age, but I can recall reading that he was in his 40's.

Ah I see where you are coming from now.

I did some digging and found this.

Birth announcement
June 11, 1962
Paul E. Sylar

But we know that Zachary Quinto is cast as Sylar. He is only 29 and the "Birth Announcement" is 44 years ago.

Maybe Sylar is 44 but looks young because of what he does with the brains?
Maybe this isn't Paul E. Sylar but instead it is his son?
Maybe the producers changed concept of Sylar since posting the above image and thought they could get away with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Maybe Sylar is 44 but looks young because of what he does with the brains?

This could very well be the explanation. His consumption of hero powers/brains might cause a rejuvinated effect on his body. If this is the case, one question comes to mind, how did he get young again in the next episode? Did Claire's father find him a hero to feed off of, or worse, is this how Claire's father disposed of Isaac, after he has no more use for him?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Looks like that Sylar “Birth Announcement” was just a red herring. Finally his power was truly revealed. I wonder what Mr. Bennet will do with him now.

It was sad about Charlie. I really liked her and wanted to see her stay with Hiro.

The preview for next episode had Hiro saying "How do you stop an exploding man?" That matched with the last painting Isaac makes it pretty clear that Ted will be behind the explosion in New York.

There was a lot of mysteries revealed in this one. We still have a lot left though.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
anyone want to guess which hero dies next week?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm still a little unsure about Sylar's powers. How does he gain other's abilities? Does he look at other heroes brains, then fix his own? If someone could help me with that one that's be great.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join