It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It would be awful if the season ended with one of those "there is an even more evil bad guy you wont be able to see until next season." I call it the DBZ syndrome. It's been used so many times, that it's led to the downfall of many great shows. It also seems that shows which use it, tend to do it every season.

But something you said Raso, brings something to my mind. Would any of the heroes ever kill in this show? Most comic book heros tend to only beat up the bad guy till the police arrive. If the heroes did kill the bad guys, wouldn't that make them vigillantes and bad guys too?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Why do we all assume Claire's dad is the bad guy? What has he done that is so EVIL? Let's see...

He was in a cab with Mohinder (sp?). He knew the father (or at least his work). He didn't attack Mohinder. He could easily have shot him in the cab to get rid of him.

He (or rather he had the Haitan) wipe the mind of the boy who tried to rape and murder his daughter. Not evil IMO. I think I would have done far worse if someone hurt any of my girls.

He did something with the cop. What? We don't really know. But now the cop is at home trying to be a better husband, and he still has his powers. I'm sure if someone snagged me and did some voodoo to make me a better husband my wife would not think that particularly evil.

He kidnapped the polititian, who escaped so we don't know what the plans were for him.

I'm not saying he isn't the bad guy mind you. I'm just trying to figure out why we are all assuming he is.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonedef
I'm not saying he isn't the bad guy mind you. I'm just trying to figure out why we are all assuming he is.

Because that is how the writers want us to perceive him.
But you are absolutely right. He hasn’t done anything that makes him a villain other than abduction/attempted abduction.
He clearly loves Claire as his daughter.
It could be that they will have a twist where he is really working for the forces of good.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The producers also pinned DL as a bad guy, and we saw how that turned out. I'm going to go with Glasses guy as being bad because of his tactics. He kidnaps, restrains, and memory wipes people. Usually a good guy would go about thinkgs differently. However, in his mind, I believe he is the good guy.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
But you are absolutely right. He hasn’t done anything that makes him a villain other than abduction/attempted abduction.
He clearly loves Claire as his daughter.
It could be that they will have a twist where he is really working for the forces of good.

I think you guys are onto something here and I would have to agree.

I kind of hope that the writers do turn him around into a good guy because I must admit I find his character kind of endearing, the loving dad, tough "secret agent" type persona.

And actually when I think about it, before he had the football player memory wiped (which I must admit I thought was a really cool scene) he said that maybe this time around he can do something useful with his life (or words to that effect).

To me that seemed that there was some good in him in that he hoped that the "new" person to emerge from the memory wipe does good with his life and doesn't try to sexually assauly young girls / be an ass in general!

Pokey Oats

Pokey Oats.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I’ve put together a character bios page for quick reference.

Heroes Character Bios.

It isn’t meant to be a detailed biography of all the shows characters, just a quick reference page.

It should be a good tool for those who suck at remembering the names (like me) so we don’t have to say “the Japanese guy” or “the cheerleader.”

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Why do we all assume Claire's dad is the bad guy? What has he done that is so EVIL? Let's see...

[...]

He did something with the cop. What? We don't really know. But now the cop is at home trying to be a better husband, and he still has his powers.

What he did to the cop is indeed evil. When questioned the next day, the cop tells his wife he has no memory of what happened to him the day before. This means that he had his memory erased, so that he doesn't remember Sylar or saving the little girl.

Claire's father also completely erased the quaterback's memory. I can understand him erasing part of his memory, including trying to rape Claire or knowing Claire tried to kill him, but the guy lost everything.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
What he did to the cop is indeed evil.
[...]
Claire's father also completely erased the quaterback's memory. I can understand him erasing part of his memory, including trying to rape Claire or knowing Claire tried to kill him, but the guy lost everything.

Losing a day to me is not necessarily evil. He didn't wipe him totally for no reason. Maybe he stopped the cop from brooding over something that he has no control over that would have driven him insane or worse. And the quarterback...Like I said before, what he did was polite compared to what I would have done if it were one of my girls...

Maybe his goal is to find the "Heroes" he needs to defeat the "real" evil. He uses some underhanded tactics like the abductions so as not to draw too much attention to himself so that the "real" bad guy(s) don't get the heads up before he is able to find his army to defeat the true threat.

Did you see his reaction when he heard from Eden about the the message that Peter got to save the cheerleader? He looked genuinly concerned about Claire. Now that could easily mean that someone is getting too close to foiling his plans or that he now realizes that he must protect his daughter with even greater zeal.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Losing a day to me is not necessarily evil.

It is if it's the day you helped save a little girl from a murderer, saved an FBI agent from death, found out about your powers which helped those two, and then were kidnapped and forced to forget about it against your own will. It is against the law to kidnap someone and hold them against their own will, especially a police officer.

He didn't wipe him totally for no reason. Maybe he stopped the cop from brooding over something that he has no control over that would have driven him insane or worse.

Notice, the cop still has his powers. If Claire's father's intention was helping him with his power, he would have trained him to use it, not make him forget about how he helped others when he used it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Regardless of whether Mr. Bennet is evil or not, I think we can all agree that next weeks episode is promising to be pretty damn cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Watching the preview for the next episode, I noticed something that might tell us what Micah's powers are. If anyone watches the preview, notice how Micah places his hand on an object and all of the sudden jolts his body.

This has led me to believe that he can read a person's "psychic imprint" of sorts. If anyone has seen the movie "Dead Zone," you will be familiar with this concept. To explain the power of the character in the Dead Zone, I'll quote Wikipedia's excerpt on him:

"He discovers that he has the ability to learn a person's secrets (past, present, future) through making physical contact with the person, or even by touching an object that the person has touched at some time in the past."

So by touching anyone, or an object already touched by someone, Micah can see what the person has done, and will do in the future.

He might also have the ability to see through their eyes at the present time, knowing what actions they are currently performing.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I saw that too, I was going to post my theory on him, but I decided not to for some reason that now escapes me. Ha ha

With Micah being a child, I would hope that his power would be 'defensive' in it's first applications for protection, but as the character grew, he could learn to use it offensively too.

I would like to see his power more like Absorbing Man from the Marvel Universe. He can touch an object and become one with it, taking on its physical properties or operating it with just a thought.

Something like that would might be a natural 'evolution' of D.L.'s powers which could have been transfered into Micha at conception.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Claires dad is a mystery. Is he bad or is he good. Its hard to tell. The cab ride in NYC could have been just him trying to talk to the son but its hard to say. The new deal with Claires "Bio Parents" well...hmmm. Also , how does Claires dad get from Las Vegas (when the Politician flew into the air) to Texas so quickly? Is he like Ali Larters character with 2 seperate personalities? Her husband has a cool ability.

I Love watchin Ali Larter walk away from the camera
Some fries with that shake!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That was cool when Hiro and Ando met D.L. and Micah.

So I guess Micah has some kind of ability to manipulate electronics?
It would explain how he new what his mother was doing in the garage and how he knew Ando was a client.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Cool episode, but it seemed a bit short.

The powers of were Micah so obvious, I should have figured it out earlier! The show gave hints that he could control technology, earlier when he fixed something for his mom in a quick time. >_<

Atleast we know who will set off the huge explosion now. The only thing that remains unanswer is who had been the one freezing the people and cutting their brains out, and who tried to kidnap that little girl? It can't be "slylar" since his radioactive powers burn, not freeze. My guess is it's Claire's father, because he has the ability to track the people with powers, and he has no problem taking them against their will for whatever he seems fit.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

He can touch an object and become one with it, taking on its physical properties or operating it with just a thought.

Meh, I was partially on track. I still think it would be cool if he could physically meld with objects too. But, I am glad that they didn't make him have some kind of superpowerful psychic abilities.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
It would explain how he new what his mother was doing in the garage and how he knew Ando was a client.

or maybe micah saw his mom's website

good episode yesterday...

i wonder if jack, from "lost," could help the senator's wife with her disability

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i wonder if jack, from "lost," could help the senator's wife with her disability

Ha! That would be wierd! Did you notice that the police officer with mind reading abilities was the one driving the crashed airline on Lost? He's on the second episode of season 1. I guess we know what Dharma's plans were and how he got his powers now.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I can't really explain why but I'm hoping that Claire's Dad (HRG) is in fact a good guy. He's definitely a cool character.

In fact I found it even more interesting in the "next week on Heroes" bit that they even emphasize the "Is he good or is he bad" aspect of the character (which will be revealed next week).

It was kinda cool when I heard the announer pose that question as it was almost like they were directly talking to those of us in this thread that have been discussing him.

You know, I say that for fun, I don't in any way, shape or form believe that people in the TV are talking directly to me!!

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Did you notice that the police officer with mind reading abilities was the one driving the crashed airline on Lost?

yupp...

that guy is j.j abrams' friend...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join