It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Range Missle was aimed at Hawaii

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here is my ed/op take;

In the highly unlikely event that North Korea could get a missle remotely close to whatever they are aiming at......I cant imagine what the leader of NK is trying to attain other then turining into a vaporized corpse.

We wouldnt know what was on the tip of the missle and might not know its exact target until its to late into play for it to matter.

It seems to me that NK is trying to dare us into striking first by throwing a barrage of wild punches.

If my theory is correct, look for NK's next missle test to be when the space shuttle starts to break back into the atmosphere.

Hopefully, like my signature proves, I will be wrong again. Hopefully.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't honestly see the number of missiles tested at once to be an issue in the slightest. However, The types of missile differed, with only one Taepodong-2 being fired.

The Taepodong-2 test was accompanied by firings of short-range Scud Bs
Source.

I don't know if you have noticed, but North Korea have a different way of doing things than most other countries, in many aspects of life. Also, a little more to the point, they failed:

Dr O'Neil said he believed the missile tests were defensive measures. "They're not designed as offensive or intimidatory."

He said it was important to point out that the Taepodong-2 tests - like the Taepodong-1 tests of 1998 that sparked a similar international outcry - had failed and that

North Korea's inter-continental ballistic missile capabilities program (ICBM) did not appear to have made any advances with global ramifications.

"So actually, this is really quite humiliating for the North Koreans to have two major attempts at testing an ICBM fail."
Source.

Again, where is the threat?

[edit on 6/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
If my theory is correct, look for NK's next missle test to be when the space shuttle starts to break back into the atmosphere.

Hopefully, like my signature proves, I will be wrong again. Hopefully.

Humm...are you hinting at the prediction that the # will hit the fan when a space shuttle has to land because of a meteor shower?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Again, where is the threat?

[edit on 6/7/06 by Implosion]

i see...so just let them continue testing missiles fired at the U.S. or anyone else until they hit someone, and then just let them continue, even after hitting someone, because implosion doesn't see a threat...

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
yet what does russia have to gain from re-developing ties with north korea?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That the news sites aren't biting on this? Sure, I saw it on Fox News (cable) when it broke, but there's nothing on their website... Nor CNN's or MSNBC... Makes you wonder that after a little digging, there wasn't verifiable evidence.

[edit on 6/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Lets remember it was a test, not an attack.
They announced they where going to launch for testing, and then they followed through.
I dont see what the big deal is really.

N.K knows full well that any agression will be met with the full force of the U.S and its allies, and I personally dont believe N.K would even go there.

They have every right to test their weapons systems IF they announce they are testing.
The U.S and its allies can then put measures in place to observe the testing and make sure everything is kosher.

I really dont see what the big deal is, and more than likely, this whole thing will slip away into yesterdays news as it has in the past.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have'nt seen this mentioned yet...?

Read full here...

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea may have moved another long-range missile to a launch site, South Korea's defense minister was quoted as saying on Friday by Yonhap news agency

South Korea has intelligence that two Taepodong-2 missiles had been moved to the east coast site, one of which was launched on Wednesday, Yoon Kwang-ung was quoted as saying.

But while the second missile has been moved to the launch site area, it has not been observed near the launch pad, which suggests a firing is not imminent, Yoon told South Korean reporters.

etc...

I wonder if these will work any better than the last - though it does mention a NK ship was in the area the 7 original missiles landed - suggesting they all landed in a similar position... read the article.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR]

[edit on 7-7-2006 by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
If they continue 'testing' these missile,s surely the US & Japan have got to do something .... You can't just wait until he 'accidently' hits something. Plus NK claims it will be Nuclear War if America attacks them .... Seems a bit of an empty threat to me NK doesn't seem to have the capability to reach America anyway .... Like it said on FOX News the other day ... "If North Korea are going to hit America with a Nuke, they are going to have to carry it there or on a truck, because these missiles aren't working".

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
North Korea are not interested in hitting the US in any way, unless the US are stupid enough to attack, North Korea have a big problem with Japan.It's going to depend largely on how severe Japan are willing to be N.Korea with sanctions especially after the last peace efforts in 2003 wen't very stale after looking promising, and then Japan found N.Korea had kidnapped Japan citizens.
These guys have history, we're on Japans side,ofcourse, like they'll need any help anyway.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Fox News like stirring the pot, and screaming things before they are officially confirmed, often quietly dropping their claim when there is no substance.

It gets viewers, and it makes it looks like it's in on the know.

It plays on people's fears.

By all means, watch Fox News, but please, be more analysing and read between lines before taking Fox News's word for it.

There's alot of agendas that are being served.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Does Kim Jong want to see he pathic little country glow in the dark, as if he keeps up with these test, whether he actually manages to get a missle all the way to hawaii or not.

The US and japan are all ready screaming for sactions against him(not that the UN will do squat about it, just issue a statement say how NK should respect it neighbours and return to the table to talk about it nuke progam)

Nk want help from the US in terms of cold hard Cash as Kim Jong has managed to do bugger all for his countries ecomeny, apart from put on fancy parades and show off all his old soviet toys. Didnt he see the two ops in Iraq, when saddam had his soviet toy smashed.

he playing with fire and is gonna get burned

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me how they can get that data off 40 seconds of flight?

Surely these missiles are controlled so it wouldn't matter what happens in the early stages of flight.

Its not like a WWII missile which is not controlled once its in the air.

They're saying this because they want everyone to think NK is a threat, it suits their agenda.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Someone above pointed out that the missile was in its first boost stage, 42 seconds into its flight when it exploded.

Couple of observations here.

Firstly, in ballistics terms, I don't see how anyone can calculate a definite trajectory from 42 seconds worth of data. Its only at the start of a ballistic curve, they have no info on how it was fuelled, what dummy payload it was carrying that may have affected its performance and know nothing about the flight characteristics of the projectile itself.

Secondly - if the science isn't enough - its obvious the missile was faulty. Therefore you could reasonably assume that it may also have gone off course from its launch.

I'm sorry, but to say that this thing was definitely aimed anywhere is fear-mongering propaganda at its worst.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This may have been mentioned several times throughout the current threads on this issue but I didn't see it during my paruselling.

Is there proof that the long range missile malfunctioned?

Could have not been detonated on purpose to allow for all the different speculations that are going on right now.

- The missile everyone is concerned about just happens to malfunction.

- No one knows for sure what the destination was.

- Governments can only speculate on what the capabilities of the missile may have been.

- Did not go near the USA ( may have been on track, but again it just happened to malfunction )

But the main question answered.... Would NK actually fire missiles? YES, they proved they would.

I think the testing was just a rouse. IMO, they are proving to the world that they are a force to be feared. ( hard to imagine after seeing Kimmy puppet singing "I'm so lonrey" )

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
no proof that North Korea could threaten the U.S.?....

i wonder why would North Korea "test" Taepodong-2 ballistic missiles, a weapon with sufficient range to reach portions of the United States.... and then you claim "how can that threaten the US in the slightest"?.... Well....if it can reach the US, it is a threat to the US....

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Muaddib]

Why would North Korea test a missle that has a long range? Hmmmm, maybe to see of they are capable of hitting targets a long ways away? Maybe they want to know how to refine their systems and whether their software works? Whaddaya know? This IS rocket science!!!

This is more American paranoia. Do you see any other countries, other than Japan (America's lap dog), whining about this whole thing? Even South Korea is not losing their marbles over this the way certain members of the U.S. government are, and they are the ones that would likely be attacked. Countries have the right to test their weapons systems that they develop. The United States does it every day. Why should WE have the right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do in their own back yard and in INTERNATIONAL waters? The United States does NOT own the world. There is no threat to the United States from these tests. The only threat is that dreamed up in Washington by those who hope to scrape even more money together to spend in the military industrial complex.

That's my opinion. Now attack away Muaddib.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
americans do not believe they have good guidance system in the missile, so how would we know from where the missile ended up that the n koreans aimed there.

americans know the guidance systems are quite poor in n koreans missiles.

though i think the russians and chinese will have taken notice of usa defence system that took place behind the scenes, probably interesting to the chinese and russians just as much to americans

[edit on 7-7-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
That the news sites aren't biting on this? Sure, I saw it on Fox News (cable) when it broke, but there's nothing on their website... Nor CNN's or MSNBC... Makes you wonder that after a little digging, there wasn't verifiable evidence.

[edit on 6/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

It's called testing a story. The propaganda mechanism continually floats stories to test the public reaction. FoxNews, ClearChannel's "hate radio" circuit, and some of the publications from the think tanks, intentionally run these little blubs here and there to see what type of reaction they will get and whether it is an issue that can be leveraged for political gain. That's what propaganda is all about.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There have been some questions about firing multiple weapons at once...

Well, I think the main reason theyfired SCUDs before and after was to disguise it. Besides, after the launch was first reported, they were saying that NK purposely selfdistructed it.

They learned one main things from that launch - that we were able to tell the difference between a SCUD test and a T2 test. And that may have more strategic value to know than leads on.

Though, if we hadn't detected the launch, they would have been able to tell we couldn't tell the difference and Kim could have gone on about how he had bested the American military might.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join