It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Range Missle was aimed at Hawaii

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Xeven
If it was aimed at Hawaii that is an act of war and I believe the US should find that lil mad man and nuke the city he is in along with abarrage of other guided missles and bombs directed at destroying all of NK long range abilities. Additonaly, enough fire power should be used to halt and or destroy any NK counter attack on the South.

I do not and did not believe invasion of Iraq was something we should have done but I do believe NK has attacked us and that we should now remove the threat completely.

Sadly some civilians will die but in the long run it will likely save more NK from starvation than would be lost in an all out US destruction of NK military and governement.

Our President attacked the wrong enemey in the "Axis of Evil".

Good job for an awful lot of people that China didn't see it the same way when that Tomahawk smashed into their embassy in the old Yugoslavia isn't it?

Also nice to see the loving compassionate side of some of the posters on here.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by neformore]

First you folks need to read my post. I said IF it was aimed at Hawaii it would be an act of war. I didnt say it was aimed at Hawaii. Who is to say that the long range missle did not have a nuclear war head and that the other missles were decoys to thow off our defences?

You have no idea, and neither do I, but are you going to let a country your still at war with fire missles at your country? Are you going to trust this guy to only be testing missles? I would not.

There have been through history many many insane world rulers and I believe Kim is Ill is one of those. I am not willing to trust his launching of missles that can reach my country so he needs to stop it or face the fact that the US can shut him down in weeks or less.

I believe the ignorance lies with the lets give him a hug crowd. We are a super power. Use it or lose it.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Who is to say that the long range missle did not have a nuclear war head and that the other missles were decoys to thow off our defences?

U.S. National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley said the multiple firings posed no threat to U.S. territory...

...Experts say that Pyongyang is developing long-range missiles to have the capability one day to deliver a nuclear bomb, but that it is years away from acquiring such a weapons system.
Source.

[edit on 7/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i see this thread is a debate.
my favorite answer to all conspiracies on debate is this following entry of mine.

some months ago, we who read here on ATS of all things that seem important or relative to this time in age have read the story/conspiracy pertaining to the US using WMD in Iraq(white phosphorous). many read it. many watched the video 2 US soldiers who came out with the story and in the video told us they heard the codename(or whatever it was) that said white phosphorous was used. the whole thread and video were both proven and "debunked." i was seriously at a 50%-50% siding on this thread. i didn't know what to believe because of what people were saying. they all seemed so smart and well informed on the topic even though images and videos of US soldiers speaking out and videos of the attacks themselves were widely available at the time. then one month later(about), the US military admits using white phosphorous. it kinda puts a damper on what to believe if you were active in these forums at those times.
and it kinda puts a damper here. did they shoot at hawaii and it fail? did they shoot somewhere else and it fail? or maybe it was shot down by a BMD that does not include a missle hitting a missle.... i.e., a laser or even an EMP??!?

gl hf

[edit on 7-7-2006 by daisaison_x]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW266
Wow.. they're good to get a precise trajectory from 42 seconds of flight time...seing the dang missile was designed to burn for another 2-3 stages. It's not like projecting Scuds who have a known burn time and single stage. Scuds destination are practically known at launch. A multiple stage missile that has never been tested? No data on the fuel used or the burn time? Why not just get it over and say it was heading for California... why limit yourself with a tiny target in the middle of the ocean.

My analysis says it was heading for the Pacific Ocean with a 95 percent proability of hitting water. How far in the ocean is anyones guess, even to DPRK.

Bravo! A cooler head prevails! This rocket malfunctioned while the onlookers were still clapping, dancing, and waving their Little Kim flags! How we get the notion of Hawaii as a target is beyond me. Anyway, I'd say Japan is #1 on the N.K. Hit List. (Since they were once Japanese property...and HATED it.)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Why the hell would NK try and hit Hawaii? That's basically suicide! Especially as the missiles were tests, so what if only one hit then US retaliated? NK would look like a joke!

I think maybe this is Japan trying to stir things up a bit and get more people against NK. And it doesn't help that the mainstream US media is where everyone is getting their information from

9LC

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Just one question, since when have any countries launched 7-10 missiles at once just to test if they were working?

If this was some sort of test, it was to test the defense system and reaction of the U.S. and Japan, nothing more, nothing less imo.

wow 10 missiles is not much at all, other countries tests wayyyyy more then just 10 missiles... like usa for instance... but of course they are allowed to do anything because they are sent by god and everything they do is pure and right. ''sarcasm of course...''

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9LC

Originally posted by Muaddib
Just one question, since when have any countries launched 7-10 missiles at once just to test if they were working?

If this was some sort of test, it was to test the defense system and reaction of the U.S. and Japan, nothing more, nothing less imo.

wow 10 missiles is not much at all, other countries tests wayyyyy more then just 10 missiles... like usa for instance... but of course they are allowed to do anything because they are sent by god and everything they do is pure and right. ''sarcasm of course...''

But it's what they actually thinks, they said this at the baptist annual convention, during june 13 and 14, Bush was in Iraq, but he was direct from there, by satellite. He's a crazy fundamentalist...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think North Korea should continue their missile testing program
until they fire all their missiles into the Sea of Japan. Then maybe
he could send his army marching into the sea to find them. This
guy needs to go away and quit starving his people while he makes fake
100 dollar bills and sells drugs.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dropping a missile NEAR Hawaii would prove that they could hit the US. You have to do a long range shot to prove that what happened to their first missile isn't going to happen.

Actually other countries HAVE tested a lot more than 10 missiles, but they don't test them in salvos like NK did. They test them one, or maybe two at a time.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well here you go. Looks like others suspect China & Russia's secret motives behind the NK tests. I think this theory is gathering steam.

But what if--independent of the recent North Korean actions--the PRC had already determined that it was inevitable the U.S. position in the Pacific would strengthen on both the military and diplomatic fronts. What would the PRC have gained from North Korea’s long-telegraphed missile tests? The answer is simple: an intelligence bonanza for the PRC. As a result of the tests, the PRC got a free look at U.S. capabilities. The PRC saw which military resources the U.S. committed, which tactical weapons were deployed, (ships, air and land-based systems), which frequencies used (to be jammed in time of war). They also got to see how quickly and accurately we identified and tracked the North Korean missiles.

Human Events Online Article

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
(If you cant post in a proper manner then Please do not)

[edit on 10-7-2006 by asala]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
Well here you go. Looks like others suspect China & Russia's secret motives behind the NK tests. I think this theory is gathering steam.

But what if--independent of the recent North Korean actions--the PRC had already determined that it was inevitable the U.S. position in the Pacific would strengthen on both the military and diplomatic fronts. What would the PRC have gained from North Korea’s long-telegraphed missile tests? The answer is simple: an intelligence bonanza for the PRC. As a result of the tests, the PRC got a free look at U.S. capabilities. The PRC saw which military resources the U.S. committed, which tactical weapons were deployed, (ships, air and land-based systems), which frequencies used (to be jammed in time of war). They also got to see how quickly and accurately we identified and tracked the North Korean missiles.

Human Events Online Article

This theory was forwarded on this past Sunday's Face The Nation and makes pretty good sense...BUT...if the PRC doesn't get the show they expect (and I'm guessing they didn't) then they better start putting the pressure on Little Kim before his antics come back on THEM!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Call me crazy and through all the proof at me you want.
But i do believe that these NK tests are purely a distraction, how do we even know they really happend? Did you see it with your own eyes? All the clips weve seen of the rockets going off, how we we know they aint 20 year old soviet clips? Or even present day american made hoax's?
While Nk are testing ballastic rockets, and ICBM's they israelies are shooting rockets in gaza, i find it abit to convienant that the news has suddenly been flushed with these rockect tests while on the other side of the world war was acturlly happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Our spy satellites and surveillance ships and planes are watching NK all of the time. If Kim lights a candle, we'll know about it.

This not a joke or a hoax.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Call me crazy and through all the proof at me you want.
But i do believe that these NK tests are purely a distraction, how do we even know they really happend? Did you see it with your own eyes? All the clips weve seen of the rockets going off, how we we know they aint 20 year old soviet clips? Or even present day american made hoax's?
While Nk are testing ballastic rockets, and ICBM's they israelies are shooting rockets in gaza, i find it abit to convienant that the news has suddenly been flushed with these rockect tests while on the other side of the world war was acturlly happening.

So you want us to call you crazy and show you all the proof a rational person would need, but you are going to persist with a half-baked, "Oh noes the JOOOOOOSSSS!" claim. Nice. Way to deny I.
How do you know we landed on the Moon, How about D-Day, or the US Civil War, what about Nepal or Mt Everest...do any of these things exist? How about most of what you learned? Is anything real? What if everyone in the world are robots and you are the only real person? Where does that kind of insanity end?

BTW most of the clips of missile launches you see on TV are not the NK launches. Most Intelligent people have heard of a thing called "Canned/Stock Footage".

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
It's possible they may have intended it to land in waters relatively near Hawaii as an ill-conceived "show of strength". It's extremely unlikely it was actually aimed at a Hawaiian island as the original poster suggests.

One single missile landing on a Hawaiian island isn't going to do anything to the US, on the other hand it's going to guarantee an extremely violent US retaliation. If, by some miracle, they managed to hit Pearl Harbor or Honolulu with a nuke, North Korea would cease to exist as a country within about 30 minutes. Not a very clever plan.

yep.
I dont get why this is really even being taken seriously. Its exactly what they want; us to get all bent out of shape. By "they" I mean the U.S. more than NK. I'm sure the U.S. would love the excuse to invade NK with their citizens' approval.

I don't care how "crazy" Kim Jong-il is, he is their leader and that is his home. For what reason would he have to cause a deathening threat to it? "because of our freedom" is more than a joke. I hope no one still believes thats why the iraqis "hate us." Plus that is HARDLY a reason to commit suicide basically.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I haven't heard one good reason for them to try ANYTHING against the U.S.

Does the gov't seriously expect us to believe we are at threat by NK? To me, this is a joke.

AND if we DO get attacked, it will be on purpose or allowed and then used as an excuse for the gov't to do whatever else they want to.

All in all, NK, Iran, any of these other little countries' names getting thrown around in the news as threats or problems CANNOT stand up to the U.S. if it came down to it. No one is THAT stupid to try anything unless they are supposed to/told to. It just doesn't add up. Just like this "war on terror" in Iraq. The only reason we are still there "unable to win" is because war makes money for the people pulling the strings. Why not make more, make it last as long as the public will allow.

*sorry for the redundancy... everything is related/connected so it's easy to get to talkin in a circle

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join