It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Range Missle was aimed at Hawaii

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I can Verify that FOX NEWS Just said the T-2 Missile was fired AT Hawaii ... Also there was just an EXPLOSION that Killed 30 on the China Coastline... Didn't Korea have a few more missiles ready to fire? Ready one missed its target... maybe Taiwan fired??? Maybe it was just an explosion?....stay tuned!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I can Verify that FOX NEWS Just said the T-2 Missile was fired AT Hawaii ... Also there was just an EXPLOSION that Killed 30 on the China Coastline... Didn't Korea have a few more missiles ready to fire? Ready one missed its target... maybe Taiwan fired??? Maybe it was just an explosion?....stay tuned!!!

Or maybe an gas pipeline blew up. I with hold any opinion until I see some evidence supporting a corelation.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
For some reason they have become more defiant than ever before.
[edit on 6-7-2006 by Muaddib]

Maybe because they are rushing to develop some form of viable deterrent in light of the US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. They've been named as a part of the "axis of evil", and may well fear that they will be next. I have still not seen one good reason why they are not entitled to test their weapon systems. All I have seen is spin and fear mongering. Judging by the ammount of attention it has been getting right here on ATS, very effective spin and fear mongering. The notion that they pose any threat to the US at this stage is a joke.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Explosion in China was in a Coal producing region..
Shanxi province.
Thats all I can say right now..
43 is now the death toll here.

it was a house that exploded. improperly stored mining explosives probably

Doubting that this is related to the Missle "tests"

[edit on 6-7-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
lol, well if that really was an attack, and that's the best NK can do, they are not even worthy to be IN the "Axis of Evil." And I wouldn't put it past Fox to misconstrue this either. It's true that the number of missiles fired is uncommon for a test, and I believe also he is just seeking attention and/or guaging response. But comon, really you can't seriously believe this was an outright attack aimed at Hawaii, which is where this thread seems to be headed.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea sees this week's missile launch as a success that brings pride to the country and there was no intention of attacking anyone, Yonhap news agency on Friday cited a North Korean diplomat as saying.

On Thursday, North Korea vowed to carry out more missile tests and threatened to use force if the international community tried to stop it.

"This is not an attack on someone," Korea diplomat Choe Myong-nam told Yonhap, referring to Wednesday's barrage of missiles.

"From an international point of view, it is not fair to say who can do one thing and who can't," the councillor at the North's U.N. mission in Geneva said. "The same applies to possessing nuclear weapons."

Source.

Can we relax yet?

[edit on 6/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Can we relax yet?

right so they say they will continue to test those missiles, quite a few which hit close to Japan, and not to mention that in 2003 a North Korean missile was found to have crashed in the State of Alaska, then the North Korean government threatens that they will use force against anyone who tries to stop them and you say "can we relax"?....

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Fine, keep playing into the hands of the puppet media who want to perpetuate a climate of fear for a specific agenda. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Fine, keep playing into the hands of the puppet media who want to perpetuate a climate of fear for a specific agenda. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

oh, i see...so now North Korea and Iran work for the U.S. government?... what a load of crap, and who brainwashed you with that agenda if i may ask?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Where is that stated? Please show a little by way of reading comprehension.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There are 2 puppet hands.
The fear hand, and the complacency hand..

Lets talk about missles though..
It's interesting to try and get inot the mind of such a pariah like Kimmy baby.

I would really like to know what he is thinking..Is it really a national pride thing?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
N.Korea are not a threat, unless the US decide them to be

N.Korea wouldn't stand a chance in a war, they simply don't have the millitary firepower they'd require.
Bush Wants Diplomatic Solution for North Korea Standoff, it'll blow over like 97.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Where is that stated? Please show a little by way of reading comphrension.

Well perhaps you don't see it but the editorial you linked starts by asserting, and I quote:

If North Korea and Iran achieve nothing else in their development of nuclear-weapons capabilities and long-range missiles, they will have at least saved the United States' expensive and unproven National Missile Defense Program.

The above editorial implies that if nothing else what North Korea and Iran have been doing is just to help the United States with the missile defense program, which is for all intent and purpose a bunch of crap.

BTW, if you want anyone to take serious your call for people to have a little "reading comprehension", it would suit your goal of enlightening people if you know how to spell comprehension in the first place.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What you consider to be implied, is by no means the same to me. Please direct me to where I stated either Iran, or North Korea is controlled by the US government, or continue to walk blindly, relying on assumption rather than fact.

BTW, thanks for picking up on a typo, obviously the mark of a great intellect.

I don't give a damn for a man who can spell a word only one way
Mark Twain

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

What you consider to be implied, is by no means the same to me. Please direct me to where I stated either Iran, or North Korea is controlled by the US government, or continue to walk blindly, relying on assumption rather than fact.

The editorial you gave in that link is eloquently making such an assumption, and you apparently think that there is no reason to see the actions of either Iran or North Korea as "a serious risk", you think that it is all been taken out of proportion to help the U.S. in spending more money in our missile defense system....

Yet, I will ask you specifically, when was the last time that any country launched 7-10 missiles at once just for testing the capabilities of those missiles?....

Please present proof by giving links and excerpts of any one country firing 7-10 missiles at once just for testing their capabilities....

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

right so they say they will continue to test those missiles, quite a few which hit close to Japan

Actually, if you look at the map of impact areas that's been posted in more than one thread here, they landed somewhat closer to Russia than to Japan.

And I think Imperium's point about this being Japanese spin to get a bigger chunk of the BMD program is correct.

If the flight was as short as we're told, and went out of control early in the flight, it's possible thay were able to determine this was aimed in the general direction of Hawaii, as opposed to Alaska, etc... it does not mean it was aimed at Hawaii.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Gentlemen, No fighting in the war room!
LOL

Implosion,

I do not know why Muaddib felt the need to engage you, but neither he nor I were advocating a NK attacking the USA. :

And frankly your comment was a bit patronizing. I understand your point. Do I think it is accurate, maybe. but down playing the threat is just as bad as over playing it. NK has a history, and it is not a good one. I would not classify them as toothless, but they are not the ever present danger some make them out to be either.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

The editorial you gave in that link is eloquently making such an assumption, and you apparently think that there is no reason to see the actions of either Iran or North Korea as "a serious risk", you think that it is all been taken out of proportion to help the U.S. in spending more money in our missile defense system....

Yet, I will ask you specifically, when was the last time that any country launched 7-10 missiles at once just for testing the capabilities of those missiles?....

Please present proof by giving links and excerpts of any one country firing 7-10 missiles at once just for testing their capabilities....

Two lines in one editorial is not the point I am trying to make. Can you understand that? Implied meanings often differ from person to person, depending on their view of the world. Can you understand that? Maybe If you read a little further than two lines, you will see me explicitly disregard the notion that the North Korean government is controlled by the US. As for multiple tests of weaponry, I am no expert, but I am quite certain it is far from rare. Why did the United states have to test their nuclear weapons so many times? Why not just the once?

Also, as I referred to on the first page of this thread, North Korea is named by Bush as part of the axis of evil, alongside Iraq, and we all what has come to pass regarding Iraq. Who could possibly be surprised that they are trying to develop a deterrent? You ask me for proof, but I see no proof that North Korea could threaten the US in the slightest. What am I missing?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

As for multiple tests of weaponry, I am no expert, but I am quite certain it is far from rare. Why did the United states have to test their nuclear weapons so many times? Why not just the once?

The only time the United States used more than one nuclear device at once was to attack Japan, not for "testing purposes" on the capabilities of nuclear weapons.... Any country launching 7-10 missiles at once just to test their capabilities amounts to zero as far as I know, unless you can present proof to the contrary...

Also, as I referred to on the first page of this thread, North Korea is named by Bush as part of the axis of evil, alongside Iraq, and we all what has come to pass regarding Iraq. Who could possibly be surprised that they are trying to develop a deterrent? You ask me for proof, but I see no proof that North Korea could threaten the US in the slightest. What am I missing?

no proof that North Korea could threaten the U.S.?....

i wonder why would North Korea "test" Taepodong-2 ballistic missiles, a weapon with sufficient range to reach portions of the United States.... and then you claim "how can that threaten the US in the slightest"?.... Well....if it can reach the US, it is a threat to the US....

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wouldn't it have had to overfly Japan? If I were Japan I would be more than a little concerned if that were the case. Didn't NK last test do just the same thing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join