It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fire missle. Lands 600km From Japan

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
According to Foxnews,,a draft resolution that might involve military action.

According to Fox News.

That's all I need to know.

But America, is strongly ruling out military action.

First time for everything, I suppose.

But, It had to be Fox News.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Space Shuttle, ten intercontinental missiles, 4th of July fireworks...

Intercontinental my butt, lol. That dong couldn't make it to the corner market (if they have markets in NK). I think the fireworks had longer range....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Infinite, yours is the WORST example of headline-glomming I've seen. We KNOW North Korea fired off a long-rang missile. We KNOW it failed in mid-flight. We READ the news. We are pretty sick of people like you hoping to glom ATS points here by posting the latest headlines, with no personal opinion whatsoever. Do not TELL us the news. We KNOW the news, probably faster than you do.

Bush nukes Iran! What do you guys think? Duh.

North Korea fires off a missile! What do you guys think? Duh.

Israel invades Gaza! What do you guys think? Duh.

We READ the news. we don't need you to regurgitate headlines here in hopes of generating ATS points. If you have no opinion, don't ask us ours. We HAVE televisions. We KNOW North Korea fired off a missile. LOTS of us also get the daily newspaper. People like you make this Forum a crappier place.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyno25000

The other two I am aware of, but I think I missed that one.

We READ the news. we don't need you to regurgitate headlines here in hopes of generating ATS points. If you have no opinion, don't ask us ours. We HAVE televisions. We KNOW North Korea fired off a missile. LOTS of us also get the daily newspaper. People like you make this Forum a crappier place.

I think you're being just a bit harsh here...infinite has given his/her opinion, perhaps you are just flaming before you read the thread? And what do you mean by crappier, do you find it crappy to begin with? I think what has the potential to make it crappy is undue negativity....

[edit on 5-7-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Infinite, yours is the WORST example of headline-glomming I've seen. We KNOW North Korea fired off a long-rang missile. We KNOW it failed in mid-flight. We READ the news. We are pretty sick of people like you hoping to glom ATS points here by posting the latest headlines, with no personal opinion whatsoever. Do not TELL us the news. We KNOW the news, probably faster than you do.

North Korea fires off a missile! What do you guys think? Duh.

Israel invades Gaza! What do you guys think? Duh.

If this forum so crappy, then leave. We're not making you stay here. And, speak for yourself. I don't have TV or access to national newspapers, i heard it here first, thanks to people who are quick to post.

[edit on 7/5/2006 by DezertSkies]

[edit on 7/5/2006 by DezertSkies]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"I think you're being just a bit harsh here...infinite has given his/her opinion..."

Skull-face Dude (your avatar looks like a pile of dog vomit, and I cannot read any words iprinted on it), Infinite has not offered any opinion, just heaved up the latest headline with no opinion at all. These may be the type of people you follow. Not I.

Dezert, wow! I kinda pity you if you have no TV and this is the only window to the world you have...

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Dyno25000]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Dino, I would avoid the personal attacks. From what I've heard so far you deserve a warning, and wouldn't be surprised if you were soon banned.

BOT
Any word on what actions will be taken against NK? Any specific sanctions? I don't have cable news, and rely on ATS for the immediate breaking stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Dude, I joined ATS before the point system was even created on this board, heck, even when ATS was just ATS. No, bts,pts, e-mail, FSME's, ATSNN, council, DISC, RATS. Ermm...are you a mod? super mod? admin? owner of the board? no.

I came here back in 2003, so do you think i am suddenly gonna drop to me knees and bow to you? sadly, i am not. You dont tell me what to do, what to post and how to post. If ATS had a problem with my posting, i doubt i would be an FSME, member of DISC and even a former member of the ATS Council.

Please dont tell me what to do or anyone else what to do. And you dont speak for this board either.

So please, grow up and stop trying to gain attention.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If you don't like it, put infinite on ignore and stop crying about it. Please!
I for one do not watch the News 24 hours a day 7 days a week so I find it refreshing that people do post news updates on current events.

Rock on Infinite!

Anyway - so whats this about a draft resolution? Has Japan come out with an offical statement yet?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Dezert, wow! I kinda pity you if you have no TV and this is the only window to the world you have...

Don't pity me, envy me. I live in a beautiful peaceful place on the top of a mountain with windows to the real world surrounding me as i look out across the canyon. I could get TV if i really wanted (put up a satellite dish) but i don't watch because of the mental health risks of being exposed to "programming". They call it programming for a reason, you know.

I pity you for being glued to the TV.

Now, on topic, did we ever find out what happened to the 2nd supposed long range missile that was launched?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Everybody back on topic.

I would remind newer members that personal attacks are against the T&C.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Skull-face Dude (your avatar looks like a pile of dog vomit, and I cannot read any words iprinted on it)

Great, that's the look I was going for....also, little hint, if you really wanna read the words imprinted on it, highlight it with your cursor....

Infinite has not offered any opinion, just heaved up the latest headline with no opinion at all. These may be the type of people you follow. Not I.

Maybe if you read a page or two, you'll see infinite has indeed offered opinion several times....and where exactly would I be following infinite to? I've just been reading the thread, unlike yourself.

Yes, I pity you too, TV is indeed the most accurate and reliable place to get your info from, completely free of bias and agendas...makes a great babysitter too.

EDIT: sorry Gools, posted before I read yours...

[edit on 5-7-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"I came here back in 2003, so do you think i am suddenly gonna drop to me knees and bow to you? sadly, i am not. You dont tell me what to do, what to post and how to post. If ATS had a problem with my posting, i doubt i would be an FSME, member of DISC and even a former member of the ATS Council." (Infinite)

Infinite, I expect you to make sense; is that too much to ask? And your credentials here mean less than diddly squat to me. This Forum is about discussing world events, not A) generating points by vomiting up headlines and asking "what do you think?", or B) vomiting up credentials concerning how long you've been posting to this Forum. You lose. Talk sense or log off.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You know dino, I've never used my ignore button, not once. But you my friend have been ignored.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
don't we all think on this site that america and japan have directed energy weapons that can disrupt those missiles. icbm's are very complicated pieces of technology but they still have to have electronics, and all electronics can be disrupted by different forms of directed energy.

i do not get why people are worried. i know japan and america will not want to show the world these weapons exist but you can bet your life japan and america have invested big money in them. also these weapons can easily be kept from the eyes of the public.

the fuss in the news, is just to keep the public happy, everyone should know by now they have directed energy weapons that can take out n koreans missiles. remember n koreans icbm's will be based on old technology, which has no protection against these things, if electronics can ever be protected from directed energy weapons.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
and where exactly would I be following infinite to?

To my secret base in Area 51 where i will brainwash you and force to join the New World Order (there is some ATS myth that i am the head of the NWO [thanx to UKWizardlol])

Backkkk to topic,
I think we can all agree that North Korea has shot itself in the foot. The long range "i can hit america" missle failed, so, as CNN said, they have egg on their face.

What can we expect next?

The same drama in the UN, threats of veto, more Kimmy Jong ranting and probably another launch when he feels that he isn't getting enough attention or respect. I have a theory, they may try something during the olympics when they are held in China. But its just a theory.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
"Great, that's the look I was going for....also, little hint, if you really wanna read the words imprinted on it, highlight it with your cursor...."

Sorry, I can't work up the interest :-(

"Maybe if you read a page or two, you'll see infinite has indeed offered opinion several times....and where exactly would I be following infinite to? I've just been reading the thread, unlike yourself..."

Naw, I read Infinte's puerile post. It's obviously an attempt to generate discussion without offering an opinion. Infinite is obviously a troll, stalking us for reactions without giving any.

"Yes, I pity you too, TV is indeed the most accurate and reliable place to get your info from, completely free of bias and agendas...makes a great babysitter too..." (skeletal guy)

Naw. I get the newspaper, I watch TV news, I listen to the radio. You should get out more.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well back to the topic -

Fox news article

You can read the draft resolution there, and apparently China isn't "on board" with sanctions yet.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sorry, I can't work up the interest :-(

Oh, well let me just make sure my avatar is readily legible for those who aren't interested anyway....apparantly you're not interested in learning to quote correctly either.

Naw, I read Infinte's puerile post. It's obviously an attempt to generate discussion without offering an opinion. Infinite is obviously a troll, stalking us for reactions without giving any.

Troll? Hardly, and IMO it's puerile to post personal attacks for no real reason on the internet. And I haven't really heard your opinion on the topic at hand, care to offer it?

Naw. I get the newspaper, I watch TV news, I listen to the radio. You should get out more.

Sarcasm is lost on you, isn't it? Oh well.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The same drama in the UN, threats of veto, more Kimmy Jong ranting and probably another launch when he feels that he isn't getting enough attention or respect. I have a theory, they may try something during the olympics when they are held in China. But its just a theory.

He's so much like a child it's almost funny, but I'm not worried about all this because narcisistic, self absorbed people are rarely suicidal. They love themselves too much.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join