It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Explorer 7 beta 3 download

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ok folks, here it is. The newest ie 7 release, beta 3.

www.microsoft.com...

It is a 12.5 MB download-just fyi for dial up users.

[edit on 6/30/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
...witch is completely unnecessary with a real browser like Firefox.

Never, never, never use IE unless you are under penalty of being shot.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

I have Firefox and I have Internet Explorer.

I like IE better than Firefox, why shouldn't I use IE, just because you say so?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Clearly firefox is much less of a target of attacks than IE (M$).
It is genreally smaller, liter and faster than IE.

That said, i find this new beta 3 to be as fast, if not faster than FF.

BK, I am not forcing you or anyone to try this.
It is simply a friendly offer of something that "some" people might want to try and see.

For those who do download it, please post and tell us all your experience.

I had no issues downloading the program.
It ran just fine, however did require a reboot to fully load and be funtional.

I now feel that i can use either browser at will.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I allways found Firefox slower than IE, and in some cases it has a propensity to get stuck on something.

I did not had any problem either, and the reboot is a consequence of the integration of IE with Windows, something I hope gets "repaired" with Windows Vista.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ar.

M$ has been promising us the ability to added programs/drivers and NOT have to reboot since windows 98-hint hint.

I have the current vista beta, but since it is 64bit, program compadability is very limited.

Clearly i will have to download the 32bit vista and see if i can load all current programs without a reboot.

I will start a new thread as soon as I download-some 12-14 hours later, vista beta 32bit.
:shk::shk:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I allways found Firefox slower than IE, and in some cases it has a propensity to get stuck on something.

I did not had any problem either, and the reboot is a consequence of the integration of IE with Windows, something I hope gets "repaired" with Windows Vista.

If you wan't a fast browser check Opera. I'd doubt that you'd find anything faster except low end browsers like Lynx.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Opera is not only faster but some years ago, when I tried it, I found it the best browser at the time.

Edit:

Opera installed without problems in Vista.

Until now is working fine.

[edit on 1/7/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

I have Firefox and I have Internet Explorer.

I like IE better than Firefox, why shouldn't I use IE, just because you say so?

Easy there.... it's hardly just because I say so, but if you're new to compuyting, you may be hesitent to make the switch. That's fine - one day I'm sure you'll hop on the Firefox bandwagon and stay there.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I am not new to computing, I have been using computers for the last 14 years.

I am not a "bandwagon hopper", I see what tools I can use and I use what I find to be the more suited tool for my way of working.

I know Firefox since the first Beta, and I still think that IE is more suited to my browsing style. The only thing that I found better in Firefox were the tabs, but IE 7 has that too, so Firefox stays on second place.

But I am starting to use Opera again, so maybe my order of preference will change.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Okay I tried it, looked good, nice and fast etc: but I couldn't find the toolbar for the top?? or how to even get to it for that matter, ended up going back to IE6.

It was pretty late and I was getting tired, so maybe I'll give it another go in a day or so.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I use both Firefox and IE about the same percentage of time, but choose one over the other depending on the site I am on. For this site, I use Firefox exclusively. For others, IE. Both browsers have their +'s and -'s. I do like the tabs in IE7, though the navigation of favorites in Firefox is better. I will continue to use both . As for mail programs, I have a few dozen email addresses and find that Thunderbird is much better than Outlook and Outlook Expressfor organizing all of my mail

Personally, I find the IE/Firefox and Windows/Linux, mine is better than yours, opinions amusisng. Each has their uses, and each has users that will never be able to figure the the other system out.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacrifice
I do like the tabs in IE7, though the navigation of favorites in Firefox is better. I will continue to use both .

That is a good example of the different opinions of different persons.

I think that the way that the favourites in IE work is better than that of Firefox.

We should also not forget that this version of IE is a Beta version, the final version may have some differences.

And I will probably continue to use both IE and Firefox, along with Opera, the browser that I am using right now.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Okay, after a reinstall all seems to be working fine. As someone pointed out, it is only a Beta version. No trouble this end so far though.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Microsoft just released the first release candiate for IE 7:

Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1

[edit on 24/8/06 by Thaumaturgus]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm using the newest release...It works good, and looks far better then IE6 or FF.

I have FireFox on my pc simply as a backup...I use IE7 for 99.9% of all my online activity.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've been running IE7, Beta 3 for a few weeks now, seems easier to use than previous IEs, however there are some bugs still there. Like if you use the back button, the previous page may not be displayed at the same point, i.e. half way down, sometimes it will go straight back to the top of the page. I've not this problem with ATS though, so maybe a website problem, but it happens on numerous sites.

Okay I tried it, looked good, nice and fast etc: but I couldn't find the toolbar for the top?? or how to even get to it for that matter, ended up going back to IE6.

press alt, the tool bar will then appear.

Does anyone know what the difference between beta3 and candidate 1 are?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyacinth
Does anyone know what the difference between beta3 and candidate 1 are?

I haven't noticed any changes...So I would guess just minor kinks have being ironed out.

BTW...the page thing your refering to...If you click "back" and you in the middle of a site (half way down), thats the spot where you left off at...meaning: you scrolled down half way...then went to a different site...then came back to your original site...it just puts you back where you were (in case the page is r-e-a-l-l-y long you wont have to scoll back down to re-find something.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Murcielago,
thants right, but sometimes clicking back, it will not always return to the same spot.
i.e. if i'm looking at a page with loads of sub pages linked from it, each time I come back to the menu page, it is hit and miss as to were on the page it will land.

the other problem I get on a few sites, involves text not appearing where it should, the aa.com website is particuly bad, see below, the two columns are over the top of the footer of the page. It appears that IE doesn't know were to put the bottom of the page.
website, screen grab

[edit on 26/8/2006 by Hyacinth]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Duplicate post, sorry.

[edit on 26/8/2006 by Hyacinth]

new topics

top topics

join