It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse Around the Bend?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Normally I laugh if I see the scruffy men wandering the streets with the doom's day sandwich boards. Now, in light of some recent natural events, some man made ones and several other unexplained happenings, I no longer laugh.

Indonesia as a nation has lost nearly 300,000 lives in one year. Much of that came from the huge tsunami that hit in December of '04. A huge quake killed many more. These natural disasters killed many people at ground zero, but the ripple effect of disease, lack of food and water and overpopulation has killed many more.

There has been civil unrest of course, wars and rebellions sprouting everywhere like forest fires without nearly enough firemen to put them all out.

The bird flu, AIDS, Ebola Virus are running rampant. Even the Black Plague itself has started to rear it's ugly head once again.

Add to all these factors that the polar caps are melting into the ocean. Temperatures are starting to soar, weather patterns are intensifying and asteroids are getting closer and closer to our atmosphere. I only hope i'm analyzing this all too deeply.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
And we will survive !!!
We as a race are much stronger then that my friend.
The most advanced race produced yet on this earth which took
billions of years to create will not simply blow out like a candle in the night.
If you have faith in anything, it should be the staying power of the human
race.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
And we will survive !!!
We as a race are much stronger then that my friend.
The most advanced race produced yet on this earth which took
billions of years to create will not simply blow out like a candle in the night.
If you have faith in anything, it should be the staying power of the human
race.

Until the sun explodes...

Anyway back on topic, I'm still laughing, but only because I love natural disasters and watching humans wash away like the infestation they are...filthy apes.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I only hope i'm analyzing this all too deeply.

no...your not looking deeply enough. It's closer than you think and it really is happening.

I really like your name though. It reminds me of something I heard once.
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty
That is all ye know on earth...
and all ye need to know."
John Keats

[edit on 29-6-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

[edit on 29-6-2006 by surrender_dorothy]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If the sun explodes ?
If the sun explodes then there will be another form of life similiar to humans that pop up on another planet. My point overall is, does it really matter ? We will never know if this place is ending or not...so party until you cant anymore !!!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Great!!

I am already invested in industries that profit from natural disasters. I could reap an apocalyptic windfall.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
LOL !!!! sweet !!
hey..uh.....whats your hot stock dude ?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
yeah... tell us what industries your talking about.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
HALLIBURTON

LMAO!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
the apocalypsis its coming and its getting closer everyday, 2012 will be the date, many will die trough this transformation, but at the end we will survive. catastrophes and ourselves(weapons of mass destruction) are the most dangerous things. Peace will survived at the end of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo_infowarrior
the apocalypsis its coming and its getting closer everyday, 2012 will be the date, many will die trough this transformation, but at the end we will survive. catastrophes and ourselves(weapons of mass destruction) are the most dangerous things. Peace will survived at the end of it.

I have heard this date as well. We are strong enough to overcome and adapt to everything. I just don't think that there will be too many of us left. The earth will be like Stephen King's "The Stand".

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

And you know this how?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

And you know this how?

because I told him!

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I got contact from the outside.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
o boy leo save us the stress lol. 2012 will come and go, but things will most likely break between now and 2020. Thats just a logical guess though. I would bet that about half of the world population will go. nuclear war. Won't escalate all out but nukes will hit the US and all the other major countries. Like I said if a nuke goes that doesn't equal assured destruction actually. there is a possiblity that they will fire close to the ground nukes at major cities and such. Small nukes. Lets face it, no one wants the end of the human race.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Any of you heard of the world3 model?
en.wikipedia.org... is the link to the wiki articale on this.
Basicly in the 1970s a group called Club of Rome imput as much data about population growth, current resoures, polution, trade ect. from the year 1900 until the model was run. All of the data was put into a coputer and turned into equations that modeled what would happen to socitey in the areas of population growth, goods per person, polution total industrial output, and average income per person from 1900 until 2100. The model has been corect so far and it prodicts that if nothing is done about societoes problems then We will con tiune to grow as a population until approxamity 2060 when society will most likely go into rapid decline. It will eventually stablize after a large and rapid decline.
muratopia.org...
World3 Model
This model show a bleak outlook for all of us and it does not even include things like global warming and war. Seeing as Brithish scientists have predicted that antartica's west ice self will melt by the end of the century raising sea levels 14 feet (The refernece is from CNN.com it is 2:15 am here and i really don't feel like finding it now) and according to the man who set me on the path to this information the gulf stream is dieing out. I have not had time to confirm this so if any one else could that would be great. What he told me was that at the turn of the 20th century there were 14 "sink points" which pulled water down from the surface of the ocean of the England. This water was then replaced by warm water from the Gulf of Mexico and the cold water was returned to the gulf. I cannot better explation then that as to how this process works so once agian if anyone can help that would be great. Acorrding to my teacher there are now three of these "sink points" remaining.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Of course all of this speculation about the Apocalypse is why the Rapture Republicans are
living large and running up trillions in both personal and national debt.

Apparently, they figure they'll never have to pay it back when they are saved.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
you should never die with a debt hanging over your head.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The, "end" is almost here, in one form or another, I was getting tired of waiting. Thank GOD....

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Until the sun explodes...

Anyway back on topic, I'm still laughing, but only because I love natural disasters and watching humans wash away like the infestation they are...filthy apes.

Well, sorry to break in your parade but you are human...and by what you just posted above, and I don't think you are kidding because there is nothing to laugh about what you just said, you just showed the world would be a better place if you are the one being washed away like the infestation you are...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join