It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of OUR OWN is fighting the GOOD FIGHT and Is Having A ROUGH TIME...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Stay strong, William. I'll be praying for you, brother.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My best wishes for you and your family through this difficult time. I know how badly the chemo can make you feel and how hard it is to keep a positive attitude. Sloan Kettering is one of the best hospitals involved in battling cancer so you're covered from that angle. And with the support of your family and those of us at ATS who have you in our thoughts you've got tons of emotional support.

I just went through 2 surgeries and 4 months of chemo for lung cancer. I had quit smoking 5 yrs previously but the cancer was just hanging out waiting for the right moment.

The worst part of the whole ordeal to me was the pain in my feet from the neulasta. Even with the oxycontin and percocet the pain was horrendous. I couldn't even sleep for more tha 30 mins before I would awaken from the pain.

With good doctors and positive thoughts I have had 2 clean CT scans so far, with many more in my future.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am very fortunate to have the support that I do. When I was in the hospital last January, people kept telling me how SkepticOverlord had changed the index page to reflect support for me, how all the members were sporting pictures of my dog Spooky in their avatars as a show of support. It really motivated me to get out of the hospital as fast as possible, because I was dying to come to the message board to see everything everyone was doing for me.

It didnt work out though, I got two nasty infections and got stuck in the hospital for around three weeks.
But my sister did save the avatars. It is really quite flattering.

I am sorry to hear about your own battle redhat, but there is a saying on Sloan's webpage (I think) and it says most people survive cancer these days. This is the third time I have gotten cancer, and I don't intend to let it end there. Besides, I want to see what the board evolves into in ten years. Like you, I quit smoking and then got sick! I quit smoking almost 4 years ago to the day, and but three years ago I got rectal cancer. Who is to say that Fate doesn't have a sense of humor?

Good luck to you, and my deepest and most profound thanks to those of you lending me your support. It has been a light shining to me at some of the darkest moments of my life.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
WOC

You may be the bravest man I know.

You are a true inspiration. I hope that you have children, we need more of your kind in this world.

Semper

[edit on 9/23/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
WOC

You may be the bravest man I know.

You are a true inspiration. I hope that you have children, we need more of your kind in this world.

Semper

Perfectly put Semper...
Unfortunately for the world WOS does not have any kids but, I think that worked out OK too. You see, if he had kids he wouldn't have as much time to spend here inspiring THOUSANDS.

Springer...

[edit on 9-23-2006 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
cancer is a killer. Instead of getting chemo go spend your days on a beach and enjoy the sun. You'll day more calmly that way and you'll be happy u didnt spend your last days in the doctors office. Dont be afraid to die if god wants to take you he will.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunkindonuts
cancer is a killer....

NO FREAKIN WAY..

Cancer is the disease ..WOS IS THE CURE..

Fight all the way and when you,re done ...fight some more

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Never give up, Never surrender!

EVER!

But from reading WOS's post, I doubt there is much of a chance a man like that would ever give up!

Semper

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Praying for you Will. Many people have received miraculous healings and gone on to live long and healthy lives. I will pray that our Creator will do the same for you. May God bless you with many more years of sunny days and peaceful nights.

SkyWay

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
dunkindonuts- sorry mate think you are wrong there,

family member of mine has now had cancer 2 times, have chemo and radio therpy and beat it,

my mother has had cancer and beat it,

my uncle at the moment has cancer and is beating it,

You got to fight it all the way,

WOS is a fighter, he has come to far to just give up,
and heck we wont let him lol

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
hang tough WOS. i've heard chemo can take days off your calendar.
hope you chase that evil mess away.

my uncle is a doctor and he is swearing by a product called "natural cellular defense".
if your interested, PM me. it's making serious claims by cancer survivors.

cheers,
-b

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
WOS,

I pray for you that you gain your strength back and you will be ok.

Hang tight- you will be alright.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
WOS
remember to use creative visualization...

I like to think of a golden or reddish light, washing over my body, and lighting all the little dark smudges, and black spots and literally lighting them out of my body...

Use the Xrays to pick on one or two of these areas, and see if you see specific improvement in those areas after trying this golden light exercise...

a bit of success leads to total remission.

And beware substitute doctors...
My mom was a survivor of small cell lung cancer (a true 95% killer) and survived 8 months after her prognoses, AND showed signs of significant remission...
then a blood clot got her... one that wasn't even that bad...

but when you have a prognoses that says you have already lived 8 months more than you should, your insurance has run out, and you have a blood clot... they tend to not try very hard...

You will be great... hang in there... visualize, and declare victory over abberant cell types..

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
WOS
remember to use creative visualization...

I like to think of a golden or reddish light, washing over my body, and lighting all the little dark smudges...

Sorry Lazarus...

But forget that...

IMAGINE YOU,RE GODZILLA... smashing your way through downtown New York and all those weeny little people are the cancer cells..

Stamp the living F#@$ out of them like they,re thE insignificant little turds they are..

''Fear leads to anger.. anger leads to hate.. hate leads to squishing the living crap out of C''

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
LAZARUS IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

WOS, please follow Lazarusthelong's advice, while taking your meds and doing everything you're supposed to. I know it will help.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Both of my parents went through cancer & the chemo treatments...I've got some idea of what you're going through. I know that it's rough not only on you but it's also rough on those who are close to you. Even with the internet between us, I feel like I've gotten close to all the "old-timers" here at ATS.

Hang in there WOS...Sometimes people get lucky & get cured but neither of my parents did. I pray that you'll be one of the lucky ones & fight it all the way.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'll be praying for you WOS. I hope your days have been doing better.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Better by far indeed! Last winter, after the surgery, I developed a cyst in my pelvis which was collecting fluid. It was a bit of an infection, and they put a drain into it through my rump. I would have to go for scans to see if it was shrinking. The thing was also causing me alot of pain, which I was taking pain medicine to help with. But the drain was the worst thing, it hurt like hell, and the pouch attached to it had to be emptied twice a day, measured etc...

Anyhow, the thing wouldn't get better. So one day I went in to get the scan done, and wala! The drain fell out while I was positioning myself on the table. Woo Hoo! I still had pain, and initially was told by the scan doctor (or whatever you called this guy) that I would likely need another drain put in. I still needed the pain medicine. My doctor, the surgeon, said no to the second drain, he is such a brilliant man.

So a few weeks later, the pain just stopped, I didn't need the pain medicine at all any longer. Yee Haa! So I just forgot about this comparatively minor part of the whole ordeal last winter. Now, I stated earlier that I was diagnosed recently, by my oncologist, of having a likely recurrence of the cancer in my pelvis. She said that there was no way to be 100% certain that I had it again, without cutting me open and getting a biopsy, but she did say it was her best educated guess and the odds were highly in her favor for being correct in her assessment.

That was several weeks ago. So anyhow, I went to go see my surgeon earlier this week for a routine check up. I went with my sister. I won't go into all of the details of the visit, but my sister noticed that we seemed to be misunderstanding each other. He said that he agreed with my oncologists treatment plan, to keep going with the chemo. And I have been getting pains in my abdomen. So anyhow we were asking each other questions and my sister said, " Do you feel that the uptake in my brothers pelvis is cancer."

He said "Absolutely not!!"
He said he feels it is just the cyst and that it is getting inflamed for some reason!! Not Cancer!!!

Honestly, I don't know how much more I can take!

This is twice in a few months (or something) that I have been told I have cancer and then told I most likely dont!!! Keep those prayers and good thoughts coming people! He did say that if he becomes suspicious of the area he will just do a biopsy, but his best guess is that it won't be necessary. I will know better in November when I have my next PET scan. Thats really all of the information I have right now. But I still wanted to offer my thanks to each of you.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Great news WOS! My fingers and various other apendages are crossed that the PET scan comes back with good news as well. Stay well brother.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the update again WOS, i think we sit here biting our nails for news,
the prayers are always there for you,
fingers will be crossed for the pet scan

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join