It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of OUR OWN is fighting the GOOD FIGHT and Is Having A ROUGH TIME...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hang in there, friend. I have known two people who have battled cancer and have remained cancer free for at least ten years. It seems to me that a positive attitude and a very strong belief in a higher power kept them going. The road to recovery is not easy, to be sure, but it can be done.

It is very clear that you have many friends who care for you here at ATS. This is a testament of how many good thoughts, prayers, and love surround you. Never forget this. neo

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have not been here long but william always has a bright side too everything. Get your rest and eat well and stay strong during the courses. You have helped build a great place at ats and the members are with you.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Keep up the fight.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
WILLIAM,

keep up the right attitude and spirit. Many who have gone through waht you have would have been much more poorly already.

We know it wont last or it wont win, see this as a type of detox of sorts, when you get the all clear WHICH YOU WILL in the near future, I know you will feel better for getting all that stuff out of your system.

You will be having a laugh on christmass day and hopefully downing some beers in quick succession in the new year!

COME ON WILLIAM YOUVE ONLY GOT TILL 2012 ANYHOW, TOO SOON TO GO BEFORE THEN! you cant miss the biggest show of all time mate? now can you? nope you cant we need your advice on it!

Peace, love and walk in love and light always William.

Elf (sending his little army of elves and little people to watch over you as you recover)

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I see a lot of wishes for his well-being, but no indicator of how he's fared in the last 3 months. Have they made progress? Is the cancer regressing? What happened?

And, just in case WOS is reading this thread, I just want you to know that I'm rooting for you, and hope for the best outcome possible. I may be right there with you depending on my test results tomorrow. Good luck, man. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thank you all very much. I had done an update in my blog a week or two ago. Unfortunately, I have had another recurrence, this time it has been confirmed by my doctors at Sloan Kettering. So the plan is to give me more chemo indefinitely. They said that radiation is out of the question, I have had too much already over the last couple of years, and surgery is a no go as well, because they said if they were to cut any more out of me it would leave a hole!
Springer has already offered to donate an ass cheek to me if I need it, but then what will he do? He will have to get a new one from like a cadaver or something!

In all seriousness, I was a bit stunned when I saw this thread being revived yesterday, as it has been periodically over time, it really means alot to me. I realize that I should say something except for two facts. One is I just had my chemo on Monday, so I am feeling pretty poorly. Although I will toss this in, I seem to be having a much better go this round than I usually do, and I really appreciate the break.

The second thing is I did not want to make a big announcement that the friggin cancer is back, again. I really don't like to bring people down. And I am aware, that many people have to deal with this issue, either themselves or loved ones, and .... I guess it makes me feel guilty. I am so blessed and fortunate to have such an outpouring of care, love and concern.

So anyhow, thats about right up to date with me. Elf, I plan to be partying like it is 2013 in 2012! Right here with you guys and gals. And TheLibra, I really hope your test results come back negative.

I just want to add one more thing. I haven't been posting too much on the regular boards because the chemotherapy really does make me apathetic. Its something I am trying to cope with. I am more active in the admin section, because I do spend quite a bit of time here and I love helping to manage the site. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask themn from someone who has been walking down "that" road. (me
)

[edit on 9-13-2006 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
WOS, so sorry to hear you have to endure the chemo again. I have an idea how rough things like that can be, I had to have CyberKnife stereotactic radiosurgery (radiation) for a benign cranial nerve tumor, it was only 3 days of treatment but it took a bit out of me, radiation is a very powerful thing, I'm sure chemo is even harder. I have read a bit about new gene therapies and such that are proving to be very succesful, perhaps there are trials out there to look into as well.....I wish you the best and know you will recover soon....

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
sorry to hear the bad news about everything thats happened to you it is true that the nicest and most caring people often have to suffer the most painful hardships. when ever i write a single thought of mine on ats that thought shall have been preceded by one of you i wish and pray for your well being during the continued chemo and get well soon and as i am never likely to meet you in person i'll talk to you face to face when nothing else matters get well soon william and i think i speak for every single member of the community when i say
get well soon

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Springer offering up an ass cheek? I hear he has enough to go around...

On a serious note, best of luck again. Don't feel guilty, a burden shared is much lighter than if you go solo. We can't take the physical burden, but we can help with love and support. Which is what I offer now.

Will

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers always WOS.

You are, always have been, and always will be an inspiration to all of us here, and all who will ever be a part of this community.

Besides, we all love you, with or without Springer's ass cheek!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Cant get rid of us heheh,

Always with you WOS

Just remember to lean on us when you need to,

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
WOS. we have spoken about all of what i am about to say but i am going to repeat it for you.

We are all here for you and we all love you. You know me and asala are always here for a good old chin wag! To chat about all the things etc.

As you know this will be offered by nearly every single member but i want you to know that i mean it

Karma flowing from London to you my friend, and many positive prayers will be flowing from my heart.

You are a solider of the good fight! Keep it strong know we are behind you.

Lots of love

Onixx

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
OK here,s the deal WOS.!!!

IF you don,t personally tell it to get the F%$#@ outta there I,m gonna personally come around to Kick the living crap out of it...

And believe me... you do NOT want to mess with me when I,m P^%@#@$

I called an old Mafia buddy to drag my dad to hospital when he wouldn,t go for treatment..

I hope you know better

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers WOS. Fight the good fight!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thinking bout you as always man! Glad the chemo this time is going better than usually. Best luck to ya man get better soon! Love seeing your posts around the board.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac I just want to add one more thing. I haven't been posting too much on the regular boards because the chemotherapy really does make me apathetic [edit on 9-13-2006 by William One Sac]

Hey don,t worry about it dude... most of the new guys R pathetic too anyhoo

Seriously...If you need any new pieces gimme a shout... I gotta go for surgery soon and the outlook isn,t favourable so I might have a spare part or two to go around..

Can,t vouch for the liver though....

[edit on 13-9-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My prayers are with you my friend. I still have that karioke program if you'd like another song

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Look at all of the positive things!!! You cant help but get better now WOS!!! If Positive thinking helped M. Jackson turn white and grow boobs then im sure it will help you out too!! Were thinking about you and I hope you stick with it!

Dark

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Best of luck mate, I don't know you nor do I really feel in a position to comment on your situation, but I have been there myself with a loved one and know that this isn't just physical, it is extrmely emotional to. You have my sincere best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Quackers.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wish you lots of GREAT LUCK!!!!
BTW,what cancer are we talking about.I might have to do research!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join