It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of OUR OWN is fighting the GOOD FIGHT and Is Having A ROUGH TIME...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
William One Sac
we in peachland b.c. canada are with you (those of us that are aware anyways)
and we hope it all goes well! as the general opinion goes- that last dose of chemo sounds like a doozy and if you've made it through everything up to this point, then you've beaten the # outta cancer!!!!
we are most impressed with your site and want it to go on and on.................

may the force be with you

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Keep fightn' brother!!!! As you can see, our thoughts are with you and yours.......if ATS members could all combine and each take a little of what you are going through, and I think I can speak for most here, we would to absorb the pain and frustration.....Be strong, be well my friend.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by irishmen3g]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
WOS!

Dude, you know I'm there in spirit for you always. I may usualy lurk and barely post, but I always keep you in mind. Don't you worry, you WILL make it through and be a stronger man for it. And if ya ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask man! Good Luck, Wills, we are all pulling for ya out here at ATS!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Once again I must say that I am blown away by the response to my brother in his

time of need. I am a big believer in karma, white energy, grace, whatever you

would like to call it. And I am grateful that so much is being sent in William's

direction. It is MOST definitely helping. Wills is just waiting for the results of his

latest tests and then he will be home and Spooky will be waiting for him. That

dog misses him so much! To say nothing of the humans at home!

Your strength gives us all strength.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Sister, i am glad we are helping. keep your pecker up!

Love coming from London here!!

Oni x x

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
SisterOneSac Glad that in some way we are helping, He means alot to us here lol and as you can see hes our hero lol,

Please look after yourself also as i know that this is just as hard on you as a family,

You are really all very special,

We are with you all

when you need us just shout out way or if you just need someone to chat to my and others here ....u2u boxs always open

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
WOW! You people are the greatest!! I cant believe how supportive you all are. It really means so much to me. My sister and Springer have been keeping me up to date with all of your kind words and thoughts, it really made me smile, and also motivated me that much more to get the hell out of the hospital. The hospital was actually pretty nice, and the nurses for the most part were very kind and very attentitive.

However.

I have had 7 chemotherapy treatments thus far, and I need only about 5 more. And I have been handling them pretty well up until this past week. I get tired or sick, I take a nap. That has been working well. But this past week I got really sick. I have a cast iron stomach, but I still felt nauseas. Usually I only feel this way for around a day or so and then it starts to pass. This time it lasted longer, around 4 days. In fact Sunday was the worst and I was also getting pains in my stomach.

I was concerned that I might have an intestinal blockage, or the start of one as I wasn't vomitting. So I call the doctor on call at Sloan, and he says go to this emergency room right away. They keep me waiting, do some x-rays and a CAT scan. Then this doctor comes over to me, says I don't have any blockages, but, my left kidney is swollen and something is blocking the flow of urine out of it. He then says he feels this is related to the illness I suffered before.

So I ask him, "Do I have cancer in my kidney?" (nothing really shocks me anymore) and he says, "No, but we think you have a recurrence of the cancer in your pelvis and it is blocking the flow of urine from that kidney.

So off he goes, and I am left to contemplate what is left. I realize that this could very well mean my ticket has been punched. I am terminally ill. I was kind of numb, then started to feel sad about all the things I enjoy in life and not being able to do them anymore (What did the cylons implant into Starbuck?) So it was a long night.

The next morning, my oncologist from Sloan comes in to see me, examines me and then asks "As opposed to have cancer, do you think maybe that the way you are feeling and everything is more related to the cancer?" I quickly said yes. (Is Jack going to make it out of China in 24 hours?) To make a very long and convoluted story short, the radiologist at Sloan said that they disagreed with the findings of the doctors at the hospital. In fact, they were able to compare my last scan with this one and said there was no change.

I had a kidney infection, combined with the chemo and that is why I felt so miserable.

It was crazy. I felt so relieved when I found out that the doctors at this hospital had mis-diagnosed me, but also a little relieved that I did have an infection. Because the infection was giving me fevers and making me even more ill. So I get rid of that and I should be able to tolerate the chemo like usual!

Again, thank you my ATS family for the outpouring of love and support from each and everyone of you. I could not wait to get home and read this thread and I am not disappointed at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Oh WOS! It was so good to see your name as the last poster in this thread just now! I can't tell you how concerned I've been! So happy to have you back!

Bless your heart!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
so glad yopu are doing a bit better william. all of us here have your back and will be sitting in that hospital with u when u get your treatment if not in person then in spirit

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's awesome WOS that it wasn't cancer and just an infection!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Good to see you William..god bless and take care.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WOS! Welcome back! Glad to see you able to post, and that Jack got out of China. I can't even imagine how you must have felt with what the drs told you. I don't know if I'd be horribly relieved that he was wrong, or really pissed off that he was so wrong. Keep the faith, and keep up the good fight WOS! Your ATS family is always here if you need us.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is great news!!! WOS, i'm very happy it all worked out. Its nice to be here for one another!!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This put a very bright spot in an otherwise grey day!

Welcome back WOS!!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
YES!

So good to have you back and bittersweet good news too. The infection is a bummer, but hopefully solved easy.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It was quite an adventure, and it really does make me feel very grateful to be back here with all of you. The whole experience was surreal. Some nurse came in and took my blood pressure last night, told me it was 86 over 52 and left. He didnt say, OMG! or anything, he just left. I said OMG! and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. My blood pressure is always right around 120/80 and when I heard 52 I figured I was a gonner. Then the bloody swag came running back in with a different blood pressure cuff, and WALA! My blood pressure was back to normal.

It just hasnt been my week!

Which is why it's so great to have this place to come home to!

[edit on 6-28-2006 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
WOS, good to see you back up and semi around man. Thank goodness only infection and not what was misdiagnosed. ((((William)))) Feel the board hug buddy. We are here for ya till you finish all the chemo and beat this thing completely. Group mentality will help with the healing i think. Sendin you all the healin energies i got.....(wiggles fingers) LUCKY LUCKY Chicken Bones!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Which is why it's so great to have this place to come home to!

There's no place like home!! There's no place like home!! There's no place like home!! There's no place like home!! There's no place like home!! There's no place like home!!

Welcome home, Willie!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This has been a SHAT week! Monday night I thought one of my BEST FRIENDS on the planet was a goner, Tuesday I find out the Dr should be a goner, Wednesday, today, I find out that "free tickets" NorthWest Airlines gave me for SCREWING US OUT OF OUR SEATS last month and making us 18 hours late to our destination on my BLOODY birthday, are basically WORTHLESS unless you want to go to Duluth on a Tuesday in 6 months!!!!!!

NorthWest Airlines: An airline I would NOT recommend!

But it turns out OKAY... WILLY ONE SAC IS HOME!!!!!

Springer...

[edit on 6-28-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join