It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Gate and the Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Im an Ancient Egyptian History buff

In the series they claim the big pyramid is 10,000 years old. Conventional archeology does not agree with this figure, and also claims it to be a tomb for a Pharoah.

Yet there is very much credible info out there, though albeit from "secret organizations" that it was used for a different purpose and that it really was 10,000 years old.

I know many archeologist who are... ummm not as open minded as they should be. And sometimes when facts don't fit a particular theory they seem to be put aside, like that warehouse in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" never to be seen again. Afterall they might lose their funding if they come up with something "unusual"

And having watched the History Channel the last few months, they have been VERY busy debunking old concieved notions of what we took as history.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

why would the government work with hollywood knowing that their ability to keep a secret is about as good as the governments?

Thats the whole point. People in Hollywood would not need to know anything really. The film makers workers actors etc just make the movie.. IF the government really did want to realease info what better way? A news conferance that this is ture would most likely cause world wide panic... and Americans are so tuned to their TV sets you have a captive audience... [don't get me started on the power of subliminal advertizing
]

If its fed to us via a good story, we will be innoculated. Its happening already Kids today don't fear aliens, they wanna meet them. So whether its the Gov. or just smart script writer, the effect is working.

But as to keeping it secret. all the Gov. would need to do is hire a very good script writer and submit it. The rest of the chain downward would not need to know its source or its veracity. So therectically it could be only 2 people with the "need to know". The guy who gace the order and the script writer. Perfect containment

PS I have some VERY cool pics of Sea Shadow, the experimental stealth hydrofoil... seems the guys taking the film photage of the craft for that public release article just happened to be in the pic

[edit on 21-6-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just some more food for thought...

Did you guys know that Stargate is one of the few TV shows that have
actually been sponsored by the US air force?

And just for the record, I am a gatehead, me and my roommate own
everyshow that has been aired.... ooops im showing my geekiness again...

Anywho, the USAF's sponsorship has always nagged at the back of my head.
I mean, why would the US air force need to consult a sci-fi show?
Other than the obvious "how to wear your uniform properly" bit...
But if that is used as an excuse, I would chalk that one right next to
Plasible deniablilty. Just as the whole afformentioned "Wormhole Extreme"
anectode.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Why wouldn't the Air Force sponser the show?

What better audience to target than a young group that is interested in high tech and sci fi? They have to get their next generation of pilots and techs somewhere.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pjpuas
Just some more food for thought...

The USAF's sponsorship has always nagged at the back of my head.
I mean, why would the US air force need to consult a sci-fi show?

I watch the show frequently and must say is one of my favorites out there . I think that the reason the Air Force sponsor the show ( if in fact they do so ) is because , in the show , the hole Stargate programn is under the Air Force supervison . Their always the hero ... how many times haven't SG1 saved the world in the show ? The hole thing is just a way to show the USAF greatness , often comparing the US fighting power to the ones of alien races millions of years ahead of them, so no wonder they sponsor the show .

Now when it comes to the real stargate , I doubt that such thing could ever be achieved . It sure makes for great for tv but is probably impossible in real life .

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Ahhh I LOVE this site! Now see? thats what I am talking about. I did not know that. But it shows one thing... wether or not there really is a star gate, the AF seems at the very least to approve this portrayal. Might explain all those military people making appearances and the inside knowledge of Cheyene Mountain. Look at these pictures and cpmpare them to the series...

www.cnn.com...

Cool little video clips too

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
OOOOOHHH I like this patch from Cheyenne Mountain base

www.geektimes.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Honestly, do any of you really buy into a "real" stargate in Iraq?

Well its the first I heard of it so... even I need time to research before I believe. That article Kolo_Heights linked to [Thanks BTW] is interesting at the very least, and at least along the same thought line as I am exploring here, so yes I might "buy into it"

Would be a damn good reason to go to war... better than oil. We wouldn't want a bunch of terrorist mucking about the galaxy screaming Jihad in the name of Earth. That would be very bad for alien relations

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

They have to get their next generation of pilots and techs somewhere.

Very true. The question is what will that next generation of pilots be flying... and WHERE

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have pondered these things, and here is a related thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Only thing I could come up with in short notice, and since I am at work.

www.imdb.com...

Go to the very bottom to "Other Companies" listing.

They make a mention of both the US Department of Defense AND
US Space command. Ill have to come back later with info about the
US Air force. But those two by their lonesome should be enough to appease
the "ifs" people have about the show being backed by the US govenrment,
who knows to what extent though.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Its there on the same page listed as Department of the Air Force.

Very cool, 3 government agencies, including Space Command. I must admit I did not kmow about that branch of the services [I posted their patch earlier]

Since when did we have an official space command and what are their duties [REALLY curious now]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just before Pjpuas posted the list of sponsors, my first knowlege of the Space Command came from browsing cheyene mountain where I found the cool patch. Upon a little further thought the space command probably recruits from within top air force people... makes sense... thats why we don't see recruitment ads.

but then didn't Gen. O'Neils replacement as head of SG-1 get into the program just that way? I suppose doubters will point out the gov. agencys may only be consultants for accuracy in portraying the military in a good light. [SG certainly makes the AF out to be super heroes with only the good of the planet at heart], but I don't think those agencies would put their name to it if they didn't have good reasons.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So it is, thanks Zorgon, I was in such a hurry that I missed it.
Well there you go. Three government agencies. Now I know most
will argue that they are there to make sure that the government
and its agencies are being portrayed to the highest of their standards.
But even if this is the absolute truth, isn't just uber fun thinking of what
could be? Especially with all the possiblities that this show has opened up.
Truly something to ponder about IMHO.

(Updated like 3 seconds after post went thru

Haha, Zorgon, cliche i know but, great minds think alike.
Looks like we were on the same exact thought boat there bud.

[edit on 6/21/2006 by Pjpuas]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well maybe if we look hard enough, or make enough noise they may come get us and ship us off throught the gate to hush us up

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If only my friend... if only.
Hell they wouldnt even need to ship me off to hush me up.
Just let me know its real man!! HAHAHA...

*slaps face* But back to reality, you do make a good point in saying that
the goverment usaully doesnt do anything unless it will also sees benefit for itself.
But that goes all the way down to a basic human instinct. We do what we need to
in order to survive.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have to admit, I haven't read all of this, but I do plan on reading it. It's very lengthy, but thought I'd share the link. Might be interesting to see what this guy is saying about Star-Gates.

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
In another thread I had made a post about how hollywood actually fuels baseless conspiracy theories regarding conspiracy theories of this nature and this post prooved my point.

The claim made by the posters friend is that she began speculating after she seen the TV series. An example of how hollywood fuels speculative theory. Though many won't accept the fact that the entire alien conspiracy movement was most likely conceived in Hollywood and popular culture.

I think that when people watch such TV shows and movies it actually has a psychological reaction it get's you thinking. for example after watching Stargate for example it makes some people speculate and their imaginations run wild.

There is no proof of Stargates and never will be the reason because they don't exist although it is a nice thought I would not give it much consideration.

The original post is just an example of how peoples minds are influenced by the mainstream sci-fi. Very much like some people think werewolves and vampires exist after reading books like Dracula not to mention the entire plethra of movies and other mediums produced on these topics.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey everyone. There was a previous post related to this subject here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This topic is what attracted me to ats,and caused me to join. IMO,it's the most info i've learned from any other topic on this site. Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonOut of the blue she made the comment that she thinks the government is trying to tell us whats really going on through TV, namely the popular series Stargate. She is convinced that what we see on Stargate is really happening and it is the government's way of breaking it to us...

What specifically about stargate as opposed to other science-fiction shows does she think make that show stand out as the truth?

Originally posted by zorgon [I too have had that though cross my mind before, though originally with films such as Star Trek and Star Wars]

I don't believe this at all. There is a simpler answer to consider before you take the leap to a 'controlled' media, feeding science-fiction as a form of disclosure. The simpler answer is that while growing up as children in the seventies and being fans of Star Wars or Star Trek, these future scientists, etc. began their careers already, so to speak. With the imagination of the show's writers/producers ets, these now grown children grew up to create those things that so enthralled them as a kid.

For example, if this young lady grew up researching everything she could get her hands on to invent a working star gate and actually succeeded (presumably after years of study and trial), would her children think that star gates always existed or that she was inspired by the show. IOW, what came first? The idea for the show or the invention that spawned the show? I think the simplest answer is the former.

Originally posted by zorgonI have since taken a closer look at Stargate... and WOW they have really done their homework... they have researched history and make very plausible explanations of the old "Gods" and things that have appeared even on this board as mysteries of the past.

The job of a writer is to understand his/her subject matter. Science-fiction writers are (at least in the hard sci-fi) comprised heavily of accomplished profesionals in scientific fields. Star Trek is a great example of writer's and Gene R. who stayed on top of the scientific world at the time and forcasted how that new science may affect the 23rd century. The writers of Star Trek spent hours upon hours in libraries, reading everything they could get their hands on about astrophysics, biology, chemistry, engineering, etc. Most good writers for other shows/novels do much the same thing. This has nothing to do with disclosure.

Originally posted by zorgonI will point some out over the next few weeks for thought and comment... but imagine my surprize when they airred one episode where they made a series about Stargate within their own show[A spoof]... and then at the end of the show General Hammond comments, when asked if they [the Airforce] should squash the show, that no, leave it alone because if anyone ever hears about the Stargate program we can always point to the TV show...

This fits very well with the fact that writers for these types of shows research their subject to death. A popular theory amongst conspiracy buffs is that exact same thing. Why would you be surprised for a show about a secret government agency, with secret technology, using the same technique that the writers learned from Cons. Theorists? I'd say that it is a very obvious show angle and has probably been shot down in brainstorming session s countless times for other shows because of this fact.

Originally posted by zorgonAnd this thought is in the mind of a 12 year old?

Obviously, she got the idea from the show. They came right out and said the exact same thing in the episode you were just typing about.

Originally posted by zorgonOver the years TV and movies have always portrayed Aliens and UFO's as something we need to shoot down... then suddenly Aliens are made funny, and even cute...ET, Ewoks etc. Our kids are in love with them.... the adults are coming to accept all kinds of Aliens as nothing to fear.... [sure smacks of a conspiracy here - by the government? Aliens controlling Hollywood?]

The same thing also happens with demons, sharks, bears and anything else that people have ever feared. Look at Little Nicky, Yogi Bear, Shark Tale, etc.

Originally posted by zorgonBut most important, it also explains a LOT about previous civilzations, evolution, the gods and even covers the next step up the ladder... Ascension - where we evolve into immortal beings of light.

All of the things mentioned about the show in the above statement can be, and have most definately been, uncovered through the research involved in the writing process.

Originally posted by zorgonI'm sold... Now to gather the facts and evidence... I am sure others out there agree with this and perhaps you have facts to share in my quest for this new TRUTH

I'm not sure if you are being purposely flippant about the 'I'm sold' comment, but if you are looking for facts to back the theories of the show, you will find them in your research. Most likely, you will find them in the exact same books that the writers found them in first.

If you are going to research that hollywood is being steered by some sort of conspiracy, you are only going to find posts like yours to back you up. There is no 'real' evidence of such a thing, because you can answer all of the questions you have by applying some basic logic.

Originally posted by zorgon[One last tidbit. The Alien characters found on the Roswell artifact... same as those shown on the space ship found in the water on X-Files... also appear on the metal beams on Stargate Atlantis when they show exterior views]

And Scarface's song 'Goin' Down' has the same cadence and music as '99 luftballons'. People borrow a lot of ideas for a lot of reasons. There is no conspiracy here.

I apologize for the long post, but I felt that I had to comment on the entire original post.

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 21-6-2006 by kinglizard]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join