It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Please Tell Me What Happened?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi ShadowEyes. I'm glad you were prepared for some detractors on this thread. Don't worry about them, they are only trying to rationalise according to how their own world makes sense to them. I was a bit appalled to see a couple of posters stoop so low as to infer you are a liar and a fruitloop, and I hope those people stop posting. Like someone else said, it adds nothing to a very interesting discussion.

Maybe some people are just so hard-boiled skeptical, reinforced by some of the practical jokers we've had coming here once a week lately. In this case, I implore them to back off from this particular thread. Heartingly, many have come out in support, sharing their own experiences. Anyway, just want to thank you for coming forward with this thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firehawk

Originally posted by Allred5923
I asked him,(In his Native tongue) "What? , whats this language I am speaking?" the individual replied, "Arimaic (SP)".

Are you serious? You were speaking Aramaic? Wow. Have you ever been to the middle east or Russia? That's where it's spoken mostly. You do realize that's a 3000 year old Semitic Language. Wow.

Ps-sorry Shadow but google came up empty

[edit on 19/6/2006 by Firehawk]

Hello Firehawk,
No, I haven't been anywhere outside of the USA except for a trip I once took to Mexico with my father.
I am a little knowledged about the language of the Arimaic tongue, because after this happened to me, I didn't have a single person to talk too about it. It was a mind numbing situation to find out that I was speaking in a dialect of millinia gone by. I hope you understand that it is a real hard topic of discussion for me, because, even to me this very day, it is hard to believe story of such nature. It did happen and for the life of me, I still hear his voice, close my eye's and I can still see his face and hear the floating of his language, it is just a hard topic of discussion for me because of the delicate situation and trying to prove it to anyone. If it was not for Shadoweyes putting this thread together, I don't think I would of ever talked about it because it is a very loose end topic with no further evidence than my own word.
IF no one else believe's me , than fine, but for those of you out there that have, "You know the strangeness of the situation and realize it is not something you just bring up in idle discussion in a casual format of conversation.

"Hats off to you Shadoweyes, You have allowed me not to feel alone any longer with my experience!!"

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Hi ShadowEyes. I'm glad you were prepared for some detractors on this thread.

Thank-you for your post AND your support.

As for the detractors, it's to be expected that not everyone will have heard of this type of experience. Sometimes, some people can deal with it in no other way than to take a jab. But that's o.k. That might be the only way they know how to cope with something they cannot easily explain. And I have had much more time to come to terms with this than they have had.

Plus, I'm not easily offended.

And you are correct, I have had the opportunity, through this thread, to see that I'm not the only one. That really makes me wonder how many more people may have gone through something very similiar, and just don't know it yet. There could be some who suspect it and are uncomfortable facing the thought. That might also cause someone to take a jab, perhaps it could be a type of defense mechanism for them.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

If it was not for Shadoweyes putting this thread together, I don't think I would of ever talked about it because it is a very loose end topic with no further evidence than my own word.
IF no one else believe's me , than fine, but for those of you out there that have, "You know the strangeness of the situation and realize it is not something you just bring up in idle discussion in a casual format of conversation.

"Hats off to you Shadoweyes, You have allowed me not to feel alone any longer with my experience!!"

As well as hats off to you and for the same reason. And I do agree, this is not a topic to be entered into lightly. Until this thread, I had only talked to two other people about it, both very close friends who I knew were open minded and who I knew had experienced some strange incidents of their own, but not like these.

Have you had a chance to read the link from DarkCyrus? It could help. It might not tell you everything you need/want to know, but it does have a lot of info.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Have you had a chance to read the link from DarkCyrus? It could help. It might not tell you everything you need/want to know, but it does have a lot of info.

ShadowEyes,
I read some of the web page, and needless to say, it is a very accurate acount of how and what I was left to feel. Though I do have to admit , I wasn't to sure of what was being said about the event's that took place for a "Walk-in" to have taken place for me , but I do realize it is a rather good explanation as what had happened to me that day. I don't have reoccurring incidents with that particular day, but I know, with every being of my soul, a "Major Event" took place for me that day. It is quite an interesting read and I will continue with it to see if there is more to this experience than meet's the eye.
This is a very, very hard topic for me to talk about. I have not told anyone of this event for avoiding ridicule and /or possibly worst out comes because of the ownly proof I have to offer is my solomn word that it did take place, and , as far as I can tell, these event's are very real and I am not going crazy. Believe me, I really have a hard time trying to except this as a valid part of my life, until now, I would of never even guessed this was not an isolated event for just me, and that I am as sane as the next joe blow, with a few higher than light experience's of my own reality, Thank you so much for bringing this hidden side out for me, I was so terribly scared of the ridecule that would've and could've come out of my experience that I was afraid to even mention it to anyone.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

This is a very, very hard topic for me to talk about. I have not told anyone of this event for avoiding ridicule and /or possibly worst out comes because of the ownly proof I have to offer is my solomn word that it did take place, and , as far as I can tell, these event's are very real and I am not going crazy. Believe me, I really have a hard time trying to except this as a valid part of my life, until now, I would of never even guessed this was not an isolated event for just me, and that I am as sane as the next joe blow, with a few higher than light experience's of my own reality, Thank you so much for bringing this hidden side out for me, I was so terribly scared of the ridecule that would've and could've come out of my experience that I was afraid to even mention it to anyone.

I've saved what was on that link to a word doc. on my desktop in case I need to read it again. It is very long, over 30 pages.

I'm not sure how far you've gotten with it, but I want to tell you that there is more than one way to experience it and from what I read (which was all of it), this has happened to thousands of people, especially in the last several decades.

We are in no way alone at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
hey all,
Shadow, i'm interested to know what happened during those weeks that you didnt understand any language, did you just stay quiet for a few weeks?

Korsyn

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
As I said in my first post, I've thought about doing this for awhile now. Now that I've started this thread I intent to pursue it as this may be the only chance I ever get to try to answer, for myself, exactly what did happen.

Sure, but we're all interested in this kind of phenomenon (except those denying it altogether, of course) so a few details would be very helpful.

You said you had your foreign language episode at the age of 15, while in school, i'm almost certain you had to write exams and the like during that time, so what happened to your writing skills?

paper is patient and lasts longer, plus lots of people get to see it, so your written work must have been OK - unless you were able to get by for 6 weeks without writing a single letter, that is.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

No, that actually sounds like Atropine poisoning. Do you and/your husband use herbal remedies to go to sleep sometimes? These can sometimes contain unregulated amounts of belladonna, which in significant doses can cause hallucinations and delerium.

Were you on mandrake when you posted that?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to agree with some of the other posters who have experienced the same thing. Thank you for starting this thread. Even if it's only on a message board, it feels good to get this out. I knew I couldn't be the only one to experience something like this, but to know feels so much better.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I asked him,(In his Native tongue) "What? , whats this language I am speaking?" the individual replied, "Arimaic (SP)".

Are you serious? You were speaking Aramaic? Wow. Have you ever been to the middle east or Russia? That's where it's spoken mostly. You do realize that's a 3000 year old Semitic Language. Wow.

I too was blown away by this! Aramaic is the language Jesus Christ spoke. It's an ancient language and to find anyone speaking it is rare let alone someone in Iowa. Do you ever feel as if you have a higher purpose in life? I would be interested in the conversation you had with this man. You may have been speaking to an agent of God. I think it would be a good idea for you to contact and discuss this with a Christian Scholar or someone known to study the language. Maybe go to the Christian Research Institute and contact Hank H. about it at this site (equip.org)

It would really blow my mind if you and Shadow were speaking the same language. Shadow, maybe you should look up Aramaic and see if it looks familiar

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korsyn01
hey all,
Shadow, i'm interested to know what happened during those weeks that you didnt understand any language, did you just stay quiet for a few weeks?

Korsyn

Yes, except for the one time that I tried to talk to my sister, I just kept my mouth shut.

I was just a kid, a 9th grader, who didn't know what else to do. And I was scared too. I didn't know if there was anyone that would understand me, let alone who would know what to do about it.

It wasn't that I couldn't understand any language, but that I could no longer understand the language of those around me. But, in private, I did talk to myself, and I could still understand me.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Sure, but we're all interested in this kind of phenomenon (except those denying it altogether, of course) so a few details would be very helpful.

You said you had your foreign language episode at the age of 15, while in school, i'm almost certain you had to write exams and the like during that time, so what happened to your writing skills?

paper is patient and lasts longer, plus lots of people get to see it, so your written work must have been OK - unless you were able to get by for 6 weeks without writing a single letter, that is.

During the language incident, I was in the last week of 9th grade, before the summer break. There wasn't much left to do in school except fill in classroom time, which consisted of movies, field trips, etc. We didn't have any real class work left to do in that week, and I don't know what happened to my writting. That last week of school was pretty much a blow-off week. After that last week of school it was summer break and I tried to steer clear of everyone so noone would find out that there was something going on. I didn't feel that anyone would understand and that it was best to keep it to myself.

The weeks of missing time was during 6th grade, and that was when I got in trouble for not turning in any work at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I just wanted to agree with some of the other posters who have experienced the same thing. Thank you for starting this thread. Even if it's only on a message board, it feels good to get this out. I knew I couldn't be the only one to experience something like this, but to know feels so much better.

You are very welcome, and now I'm really glad that I brought this up. Right now there are at least four of us posting who have had similiar experiences, and others who do not feel comfortable posting, but have let me know through u2u (yes, I can now get u2u's), that it has happened to them as well.

Feeling alone is a terrible and scary feeling, but when you know there are others it becomes much easier to face.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

I too was blown away by this! Aramaic is the language Jesus Christ spoke. It's an ancient language and to find anyone speaking it is rare let alone someone in Iowa. Do you ever feel as if you have a higher purpose in life? I would be interested in the conversation you had with this man. You may have been speaking to an agent of God. I think it would be a good idea for you to contact and discuss this with a Christian Scholar or someone known to study the language. Maybe go to the Christian Research Institute and contact Hank H. about it at this site (equip.org)

It would really blow my mind if you and Shadow were speaking the same language. Shadow, maybe you should look up Aramaic and see if it looks familiar

That had never even crossed my mind. What a great idea! I don't know if seeing a written form would ring a bell, it might, but I sure wouldn't mind being able to hear someone speaking it. If that was the mystery language, maybe I would recognize it if I heard it. Are there any links that you know of that I could investigate?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hello all,
Just got back on the puter. Nice to see that there are so many understanding and not degrading individuals of the topic of this thread,after I got home last night, I couldn't help but keep thinking about what the chances were of this happening to me, let alone other's.
It is kind of funny that you asked this particular question, because as I was winding down from the day , I started wondering how this could've happened and why me scenario. As I spoke with the gentleman and the ladies, he had excused them and they walked off on thier seperate ways, didn't really see them again, but as I realized that I was speaking in another tongue, well, the conversation wasn't that terribly long. Though it did seem to last for some time, at the same time, this is so hard to explain.
He had asked me if I had a rough time of realizing who I was and excepting myself? I answered back with a "I don't know" reply.
He then said there are very many wonder's in the span of a life, but there are those moment's when a person comes to grip's of what the existance for them may pertain too and there should never be a doubt of what I was capable of. He asked me if I believed what was happening to me, I said "No." and he asked me why not. I told him (In his tongue,which the whole conversation was in) I could hear my voice, I understood his jibberish and that is when I asked him what language I was speaking, he replied, "You are speaking the language called Arimaic." (SP?) I told him I don't know that language and he said,"Don't forget what I have told you about self expectancies(Or something to that order) He asked me how I was doing and I explained that I was home for a friend's funeral, he said "I know." "But how are you doing?" I am sad, I told him he said "Sad is good for the soul, for it let's you know you have compassion for another,ecspecially with a loss." I asked him who he was and he just chuckled at me, not in a rude way , but in a way that haunts me til this very day. This whole conversation seemed to be happening so fast and yet very confusing as to what was happening to me. I told him I should get going to be able to catch my ride back to home. (I currently live in South Dakota and comuted to my home town with some mutual friends of the friend that had passed away.) I turned towards the place where there car was parked and started walking towards it, when I suddenly realized he didn't answer my question on who he was and what was taking place, I turned around , and he was gone. Nothing, it couldn't of been a second or two when I turned , I thought I was loosing my mind, in some way's, it still feels that way. I just didn't get enough information to verify what had just taken place. I asked my friend's if they had known somebody that was approximately 5' 8" tall, lower to mid thirties of age with dark brown (Almost Black) hair? And his eye's were the deepest brown/bronze piercing eye's that I had ever seen,(For the record I'm hetrosexual) and if there was anybody at the funeral that had 2 very beautiful women with him? They all gave me a stout "No." and asked me why, of course I had to ask, "Didn't you see me talking to him over there by that car?" They rolled thier eye's at me and each other and it was the last I ever mentioned of it , well, at least until this thread was poasted. It is such an open-ended, mind boggling, and very real event,I can't believe that I have just gave my whole story to a thread on a discussion board for people to read, after being so careful not to put myself into a position of being called a lunatic or a liar.Scary feeling, for a man who is forty one.

So, there you have the whole scenario from begining to the absolute end. Nothing ever happened to me again , at least not like that day ever since.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Allred,

Do you remember anything else about the women? I would be interested in hearing about them, and please, could you refresh my memory of what year this was?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
Allred,

Do you remember anything else about the women? I would be interested in hearing about them, and please, could you refresh my memory of what year this was?

Hi Shadow Eyes,
It happened in 1980 or 81, I was around 15 or 16 at the time. The funeral that I was attending was for a friend that was in a fatal car accident on his 15th B-day.
The women didn't say anything to me, but the man that I talked to asked if I thought they were beautiful. One was a very light colored red head with stunning green eye's and the other was a brunette with very captivating blue eye's. Like I said, they didn't say one word to me , though, when I did reply to the man that I thought they were very beautiful, he excused them and that is when the conversation took on a life of it's own. After they had left our vacinity, which they both left in seperate direction's, I never seen them again.
To make sure of the date, I will go through some of my belonging's and give you the exact day from the obituary from my friends funeral, if you'd like?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Discounting aliens, walk-ins, and brain disorders, the Universe itself is a very strange place. If I called it a sheet of paper and drew a line from one end to the other, then crumpled it up, that would be an accurate two dimensional model of a four dimensional universe crumpled up. So you could have a fifth dimension without actually breaking the symmetry-four out, six in.

So it could be something with the Universe and when it does converge on our perception of reality it is truly meaningless from same said perspective.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Discounting aliens, walk-ins, and brain disorders, the Universe itself is a very strange place. If I called it a sheet of paper and drew a line from one end to the other, then crumpled it up, that would be an accurate two dimensional model of a four dimensional universe crumpled up. So you could have a fifth dimension without actually breaking the symmetry-four out, six in.

So it could be something with the Universe and when it does converge on our perception of reality it is truly meaningless from same said perspective.

Matyas,
I suppose I understand what your saying, but I would like to clarify, if you don't mind?
The incident that took place with me had no outcome and really no closure to the situation at hand, so by realizing that the conversation,though mind blowing, was absolutely meaningless at the same time? I guess that is a very good query to the incident that did take place. I don't feel like I was a "Chosen one" and I definately did'nt get any answewr's to any question's that I had had for the man, the question that pop's into my mind is "Why did this happen?" it had to be for some reason, or it is redundant to even talk about it. I do like your way of explanation, if I am guessing right?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join