It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Please Tell Me What Happened?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I dont quite understand the language thing u had....you say everyone was speaking english yeah? but the english sounded unknown to you, yet you yourself could speak english words to yourself and understand them perfectly? And this went on for weeks? Didnt your parents appear slightly worried that you didnt reply to them for weeks on end?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kungfubeats
I dont quite understand the language thing u had....you say everyone was speaking english yeah? but the english sounded unknown to you, yet you yourself could speak english words to yourself and understand them perfectly? And this went on for weeks? Didnt your parents appear slightly worried that you didnt reply to them for weeks on end?

At first, we were all watching a movie that was in English, and the kids who were talking during the movie were speaking English.

Then whatever it was that happened, happened, and I was no longer hearing the movie or the kids in a language that I could understand. Everone else looked like they were having no problems understanding, so that causes me to assume that it must have been I who was no longer understanding English.

Plus, later when I tried to talk to my sister, she couldn't understand me, nor I her. It sounded to me like she was using the same language that I heard from the movie and the kids. So it must have been I who was not speaking English anymore.

Whatever language I was speaking to myself sounded 'normal' to me and I could understand it just fine. But at that point, I have a feeling what I was speaking couldn't have been English, or else my sister would have been able to understand too.

I don't think my parents ever noticed. Dad was usually gone to work and Mom had her hands full with my 5 siblings. I always tended to be independent and capable of taking care of myself so my Mom's attention was on the sibs. that she had to do things for. Plus, I tended to be a bit of a loner, and in our family life it wasn't that unusual for my parents and I not to really talk for extended times.

Funny though, just a few years ago, my Mom told me that she wishes she had spent more time with me while I was growing up, but that I never really seemed to need her, so she busied herself with the other sibs. She actually appologized. It was hard to get her to understand that there was no appology needed, as it had never bothered me. I was very independent and capable, and that was the way I had preferred it.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just a few other thoughts that come to mind......none necessarily the definitive answer for your situation......

Your first experience, the one where every one saw 'you' in school, reminds me of tales of doppelganger sightings......but they usually do not include the 'missing time' that you experienced.
More about doppelgangers at:
paranormal.about.com...

It also has some similarities to multiple personality disorder....you were there in terms of your body, but perhaps another 'personality' was in charge. That is said to cause loss of time/memory during periods when the other personality(s) are in control. ( Do you still have contact with any childhood friends from this period? Perhaps they would remember something.)

Your second experience, with a 'strange language' is a just bit similar to one that I experienced, at about that same age. Mine was considered to be a mild 'juvenile' stroke, as I found out some years later.

I was at home alone, with a bad headache that seemed to only get worse after I had taken some(2) aspirin......when I attempted to say aloud that I had just made matters much worse, it came out terribly garbled! ( I could not 'understand' what I was saying ) My tongue seemed to be swelling, and thinking I had been bitten by some venomous spider or something, I panicked. I tried to call my Grandmother who lived across town, but I could not remember her phone number!! When I went to look it up, I realised that I could not even remember her name!

Even though I knew MY last name was the same as hers.....it took several horrified moments of concentration to even remember my own name!! By the time I had finally managed to dial and heard her phone ringing, I realized she would not be able to understand me, the panic returned and I began to cry. Fortunately she realized it was me almost instantly, ( I could understand her just fine), and by the time she arrived I had almost returned to normal....even the headache was gone. The whole episode had taken little more than a couple of hours.

More recently, my Mom had a severe, permanent stroke, that affected her speech center and paralyzed her right side. She understands what I tell her, but she seems to be somewhat unaware that she speaks mostly gibberish, getting angry when I try to explain that she is not saying what she thinks she is saying. ( it is 'English gibberish', tho, not a foreign language.)

One more question about your experience.....the unknown language that you slowly learned, was it the language you now speak, ie English?....Were you having to 're-learn' what you had forgotten ? ( Mom has not been able to 're-learn', age might be a factor?)

And along the lines of the 'walkin' idea, would that be similar to 'channeling' like a medium would when allowing another spirit to 'speak' through them? Could that account for one knowing a 'dead' language??

As to the final incident, where your husband was a witness......THAT one makes my hair stand on end.(LOL) Do some reading on the site I mentioned above, it also deals with many other paranormal subjects, perhaps you could find something similar to the third incident. ( Has anyone else ever mentioned that for 'just a moment' they thought you were someone or something else?? Far fetched, I know, but shape-shifter comes to mind....)

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Men in Black
Men with Babes!

Men with insight, men in granite
Knights in armor bent on chivalry

it's a very complicated & little understood world we inhabit

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Shadow,

If you have seen 'The Passion of The Christ', the entire movie is in Aramaic. However, I'll do a search tomorrow and grab an audio file of the language if I can.

As for what you elaborated on Allred, I need some time to take it in and process it. That interaction you had with the man just had my mind going in overdrive. I have some thoughts that could possibly clarify things somewhat but I would like to sleep on it and post back tomorrow when I can be as concise as possible.

If we find that Shadow was speaking Aramaic also, I think I shall shat in my pants!

Have a good night all and God Bless!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
I suppose I understand what your saying, but I would like to clarify, if you don't mind?

You have a soul. A soul is the beholder. The eye of wisdom of the ancients is the eye of the beholder.

In the harsh light of today reductionist science an observer cannot observe a subject without changing its properties. That is because...

We cannot see without interpreting at the same time, and that interpretation consists of the only reality we know, who we see ourselves as.

So as a result we are always projecting meaning based upon how we perceive ourselves, and so we can not draw the curtain of Maya back to see the true reality.

Those beauties were the beauty you see in yourself.

The reality is much different. Same goes for most phenomena. That is why it is meaninglessness, as well as being meaningless.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The reality is much different. Same goes for most phenomena. That is why it is meaninglessness, as well as being meaningless.

So, if I am reading you right, the incident was for nothing other than self acknowledgement of what is with in me as an individual? WOW!!
I have contemplated this for a very long time but have never come to a conclusion so , what would you say,"Derogatory", as to just write this off as if it didn't happen at all. I do like the way you express yourself, but I don't think that the full effect's of what happened to me can be put to the side as "Meaningless" because it has always meant something to me since this has happened.
If this did by chance happen for "Nothing" , what would you suggest I do with the memories of the incident? I can't just forget it. I know, I've tried to block it out, it isn't going to happen.
And like Shadoweyes, I knew I was not speaking english, why I asked him what the language was,"I could hear my self speaking it with no knowledge of such thing's." but it was as if I knew it my whole life when it took place. It is strange, but I know that there is no way , and I'll repeat myself one more time,"No Way,I would've ever shared my story if I didn't see that some one had gone through it themselves."
I hope you can understand, I am so confused as to what happened and what it meant , and with this insight that you presented, how will I ever interprut it so I can finally get it off of my thought's and mind.
I've lived through car accidents when I should've died. I've been shot , stabbed and left for dead on numerous occassions due to life I've lead, but I have never ever experienced anything like the day of my friend's funeral. Now to live through all that with only one basic question on my mind, "What happened that Day?"
Sorry man, I just don't see it. It has totally affected my life, and if there is an answer for what happened,well, I need to find it, and not write it off as a incident that didn't take place in my life.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

One more question about your experience.....the unknown language that you slowly learned, was it the language you now speak, ie English?....Were you having to 're-learn' what you had forgotten ? ( Mom has not been able to 're-learn', age might be a factor?)

And along the lines of the 'walkin' idea, would that be similar to 'channeling' like a medium would when allowing another spirit to 'speak' through them? Could that account for one knowing a 'dead' language??

As to the final incident, where your husband was a witness......THAT one makes my hair stand on end.(LOL) Do some reading on the site I mentioned above, it also deals with many other paranormal subjects, perhaps you could find something similar to the third incident. ( Has anyone else ever mentioned that for 'just a moment' they thought you were someone or something else?? Far fetched, I know, but shape-shifter comes to mind....)

The language that I had to learn was indeed English. But it wasn't like I had forgotten it, it was like I had never known it, like it was completly new.

I don't know what to tell you about the channeling question because I don't really know anything about channeling. Perhaps another poster will see the question who can answer it.

I can see that your last question could well start a flame war, but,....yes, five people have told me something like that. But before anyone gets spooked, I will say what was seen was NOT reptilian.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Shadow,

If you have seen 'The Passion of The Christ', the entire movie is in Aramaic. However, I'll do a search tomorrow and grab an audio file of the language if I can.

As for what you elaborated on Allred, I need some time to take it in and process it. That interaction you had with the man just had my mind going in overdrive. I have some thoughts that could possibly clarify things somewhat but I would like to sleep on it and post back tomorrow when I can be as concise as possible.

If we find that Shadow was speaking Aramaic also, I think I shall shat in my pants!

Have a good night all and God Bless!

I've never seen the movie but it would be much appreciated if you do find an audio file. I don't know if I'd recognize it, even if that was the language, but I sure would like to find out.

'Talk' to you tomorrow. It may be a bit late before I come online as I'm expecting one of my sons in tomorrow, but I will not skip a day.

Sleep well and goodnight.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I don't think that the full effect's of what happened to me can be put to the side as "Meaningless" because it has always meant something to me since this has happened.
If this did by chance happen for "Nothing" , what would you suggest I do with the memories of the incident?

This is a very difficult concept. I once had a mentor that used an empty Dr. Pepper can as an example. He hugged it to his chest and said, "See? I now care for Nothing!" Then he placed it on the coffee table and said, "See now? I don't care for Nothing. Caring for Nothing is not the same as being uncaring!"

The center of the cyclone is a void. A Zen student can stare at a blank wall and achieve enlightenment. There are no precedents. All matter is hollow, there is no true solidity. It is illusion. When we pull back the veil of illusion then we have no option but to face our true selves, and none may pass until they can cross the Abyss also known as Oblivion.

The way to pass is given to us as a key, the 10th stage of evolution of the sephiroth, humor. Only those who do not take themselves too seriously will not be destroyed by their ego so that they may cross.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't mean to alarm nor put a bad-emotional-energy onto anything here, but there is a lot of mention of odd-languages in conspiracy texts in relation to the kinds of situations described here. Trance Formation of America springs to mind - I read some of that and it has loads in it about another language that exists within and around English - so it uses regular English but it has all kinds of other hidden meanings in it.
The only example I can think of justnow is there was a doorway with 'Entrance' written above it, and in the hidden-language that actually meant 'En-trance' as in 'to put in a trance'.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Shadow and Allred,

Good morning!

You can go here and listen to the Lords Prayer in Aramaic:

www.v-a.com...

Shadow, I would say just close your eyes and relax, listen and maybe repeat what you hear. Listening to yourself use the language may trigger the memory. Since I can tell by your writing that you will not talk yourself into anything, I won't even go there.

Allred, there was an obvious reason that this happened and in that particular language. I am struggling to come up with a reason that I can say: Yes! This is why! However, I can tell you what I believe may be going on and it could go in two specific directions.

When you described the guy and the two women; my mind envisioned two polar opposites.

1.) Satan: Your description of the beauty of the women and even the beauty of the man, particularly his eyes. Satan would appear in the most attractive package for the situation. Possibly to attract you with women and even find him attractive although you are not homosexual. He would want to hold your attention and the eyes are a prime tool for this. Also, in large groups he often appears androgynous. An absolutely irresistible being to both men and women. The thing that kind of steered me away from it being satan was the conversation although he could have been using language (words) that would be receptive to deliver his message to you.

2.) Angel from God: This is the option I am feeling most strongly about. Him speaking Aramaic (the language of Jesus) and the things he said to you. It all indicates to me that he was sent directly to you to deliver a message and based upon the conversation it is related to your destiny. Again I am not absolutely sure about all of this but I get the feeling that you have been chosen to perform some task or fulfill some action for God while you are here. Just to let you know, I have asked Him on numerous occasions regarding my purpose. I have felt that I have a higher purpose here; I just don't know what it is. You on the other hand were contacted directly and purposely in Jesus’ language. A language that no one around you would understand even if they were eavesdropping. You should not go crazy trying to figure out what God wants you to do. If this is what it's happening, it will happen as long as you are in His service. However, it will happen in His time, not yours.

I am in no way trying to force my beliefs as a Christian onto you but this occurrence is so far up the Christian alley it's difficult not to see it in that respect.

As I said, If I were you, I would just relax and let it take it's course. When the time comes you will know it and be prepared for it.

If you need someone to talk to, either one of you, please feel free to U2U me any time.

I am still on pins and needles waiting for shadow to listen to that clip.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
I don't mean to alarm nor put a bad-emotional-energy onto anything here, but there is a lot of mention of odd-languages in conspiracy texts in relation to the kinds of situations described here. Trance Formation of America springs to mind - I read some of that and it has loads in it about another language that exists within and around English - so it uses regular English but it has all kinds of other hidden meanings in it.
The only example I can think of justnow is there was a doorway with 'Entrance' written above it, and in the hidden-language that actually meant 'En-trance' as in 'to put in a trance'.

I've never heard the term Trance Formation. Is it a book?

How you've illustrated the words entrance and en-trance is intriguing. But from just looking at them, wouldn't they both still be pronounced the same and sound the same? I mean, one would still recognize them as English wouldn't they?

The language I was hearing didn't sound at all like English, although it could have still been, and I just no longer recognized it as being familiar to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyesAfter the film was over, everyone was still talking in a language I couldn't understand. I wasn't sure what to do, so being a teenager who could get away with seeming to be moody, I just kept my mouth shut. And I kept my mouth shut for the several weeks it took before I slowly started understanding the language. ... However, I could still speak. The one time I tried to communicate during that time, I was trying to talk to my sister. It was obvious that she couldn't understand me though....I knew enough about French and German to know that those weren't the languages either. I don't speak those two very well, but I do recognize them.

So the language the other students were speaking was English? (Or at least the current version you're using now in your posts?) Then the one you spoke before the incident had to have been some other, correct? Incomprehensible to any non-speakers that happened to hear it? It is hard to believe you went 6 weeks without speaking or understanding anything said to you and not being understood, as in the incident with your sister, but if you say so, I take your word for it.

Very interesting experience! Hope you never have another since it sounds like it was very upsetting.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Shadow and Allred,

Good morning!

You can go here and listen to the Lords Prayer in Aramaic:

www.v-a.com...

Shadow, I would say just close your eyes and relax, listen and maybe repeat what you hear. Listening to yourself use the language may trigger the memory. Since I can tell by your writing that you will not talk yourself into anything, I won't even go there.

Allred, there was an obvious reason that this happened and in that particular language. I am struggling to come up with a reason that I can say: Yes! This is why! However, I can tell you what I believe may be going on and it could go in two specific directions.

When you described the guy and the two women; my mind envisioned two polar opposites.

1.) Satan: Your description of the beauty of the women and even the beauty of the man, particularly his eyes. Satan would appear in the most attractive package for the situation. Possibly to attract you with women and even find him attractive although you are not homosexual. He would want to hold your attention and the eyes are a prime tool for this. Also, in large groups he often appears androgynous. An absolutely irresistible being to both men and women. The thing that kind of steered me away from it being satan was the conversation although he could have been using language (words) that would be receptive to deliver his message to you.

2.) Angel from God: This is the option I am feeling most strongly about. Him speaking Aramaic (the language of Jesus) and the things he said to you. It all indicates to me that he was sent directly to you to deliver a message and based upon the conversation it is related to your destiny. Again I am not absolutely sure about all of this but I get the feeling that you have been chosen to perform some task or fulfill some action for God while you are here. Just to let you know, I have asked Him on numerous occasions regarding my purpose. I have felt that I have a higher purpose here; I just don't know what it is. You on the other hand were contacted directly and purposely in Jesus’ language. A language that no one around you would understand even if they were eavesdropping. You should not go crazy trying to figure out what God wants you to do. If this is what it's happening, it will happen as long as you are in His service. However, it will happen in His time, not yours.

I am in no way trying to force my beliefs as a Christian onto you but this occurrence is so far up the Christian alley it's difficult not to see it in that respect.

As I said, If I were you, I would just relax and let it take it's course. When the time comes you will know it and be prepared for it.

If you need someone to talk to, either one of you, please feel free to U2U me any time.

I am still on pins and needles waiting for shadow to listen to that clip.

Thank-you so much for finding that.
Although I cannot say with 100 % certainty that this was the language, it does very much sound like it.

Listening to it gave me an unusual reaction. As you suggested, I closed my eyes to hear it.

I got goose bumps down my arms and spine, and my breathe caught, I had to remind myself to breathe. It felt like there was a cool breeze blowing over me and it felt like my heart either jumped or skipped a beat. But there was a type of calming effect too.

I can't say that I understood it, but it did seem strangely familiar. I think I'll be listening to it again, most likely several times over an extended period to see what other reation there might be.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity

So the language the other students were speaking was English? (Or at least the current version you're using now in your posts?) Then the one you spoke before the incident had to have been some other, correct? Incomprehensible to any non-speakers that happened to hear it? It is hard to believe you went 6 weeks without speaking or understanding anything said to you and not being understood, as in the incident with your sister, but if you say so, I take your word for it.

Very interesting experience! Hope you never have another since it sounds like it was very upsetting.

My native language is English. Before the incident we were all speaking the same English we are posting in now, and the movie was also in the same English. But it was during the movie that I could no longer understand the language. I believe the movie and the other kids were still speaking in English, and that it was for/in me that the change occurred. It was several weeks before I could again understand English. For that time period it seemed like a completely foreign language to me, like I had never learned it, even though it is my native tongue.

That was the only time it happened and the other two incidents were completely different.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow. These are interesting stories. If this ever happens to me I will have to be prepared to ask the person I am talking to the right questions. Like, where do you come from? Why are you here? Etc. The kind of thing that we would only think of after-the-fact if we were a 15 year old who was suddenly hit by this phenomena.

One little clarification: A Wernicke's patient can get an accute attack and then recover over a period of a few weeks. This has been known to happen. It then never happens again. I know, at this point I am just needling you with this Wernecke's explanation, but I just need the facts that syndrome to be kept straight for posterity's sake. But again, I'm not claiming this is what happened to you as that is just slapping a possibility on you.

The case that the horse-picture poster presented, of his mother, is much more typical of Wernicke's. That poster would greatly benefit from going to a discussion group on the disorder, as the frustration experienced by the sufferer is that they feel they are speaking a language, and understand themselves, but do not realize that what they are saying does not correspond with the language in their heads. The two are distinct, a fact that was little known until this disorder was recognized. That poster's mother is frustrated because she hears herself speak her thoughts and cannot understand why you claim she is saying gibberish. If the damage to her brain is severe, she may not recover speech ability, or it could take a while. It would be best to talk to a neurologist to get a prognosis. A young person who has a very minor temporary stroke to just that region can recover very quickly. That story of the horse poster is very much like having a stroke.

SHadoweye's story is very distinct from the typical stroke in the way only language was affected. That's why, if she says it doesn't fit, I tend to believe her.

Anyway, I will look out for telepathic language convergence, or whatever the heck happened to you guys. Its interesting stuff.

Telepathic understanding?
Alterered Reality?
Merging realities?
Messages from beyond?

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Shadow,

Did you try to repeat the language and listen to yourself?

This whole thing is getting crazy. I actually thought you would come back and say: Nope! Aramaic doesn't ring a bell. I'm just going to accept that you are not sure because it is wigging me out.

Do you remember thinking anything to yourself while you were speaking this language that struck you as strange to be thinking?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

I suppose I understand what your saying, but I would like to clarify, if you don't mind?

You have a soul. A soul is the beholder. The eye of wisdom of the ancients is the eye of the beholder.

In the harsh light of today reductionist science an observer cannot observe a subject without changing its properties. That is because...

We cannot see without interpreting at the same time, and that interpretation consists of the only reality we know, who we see ourselves as.

So as a result we are always projecting meaning based upon how we perceive ourselves, and so we can not draw the curtain of Maya back to see the true reality.

Those beauties were the beauty you see in yourself.

Matyas,

I don't kno what religion you are into but it sounds as if may be some form of buddism, hinduism or the like. I am sorry that I really don't get your meaning's, because what I was trying to get across to you was , "This situation was totally out of my control and my understanding." Have you ever ahd an incident take plac ein your life that was beyond your comprehension, but yet needed for some reason to find the answers to the thought's thatwere left by the incident?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

SHadoweye's story is very distinct from the typical stroke in the way only language was affected. That's why, if she says it doesn't fit, I tend to believe her.

Anyway, I will look out for telepathic language convergence, or whatever the heck happened to you guys. Its interesting stuff.

Alterered Reality?
Merging realities?
Messages from beyond?

Thank-you.

You have a good idea to be on the look-out with the
Alterered Reality?
Merging realities?
Messages from beyond?

as it is totally possible that the answer could be found in that direction. If you see something that brings this thread to mind, by all means, please post it, as it will be most appreciated.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join