It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Please Tell Me What Happened?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What I know of walk-ins is that they are higher-dimensional beings that can take over the body of someone else who's been living here in that body (usually since conception / birth unless they are a walk-in already!) - but this has to happen on both their agreements otherwise it is just possession. (like in demonic possession) If it is agreed upon then the walk-in gets all the memories of the persons life and takes over living as them, while whoever used to occupy that body dies and goes off where they would have upon usual death.

I should point out, I'm not aware of anything like missing-time actually happening to me, what I meant to indicate is that people have tried things like that on me, they try claiming I'd been someplace that I wasn't or that they'd told me something but they never had, they don't get away with it though. They had to go all out to do other stuff to set me up on really mundane levels. Usually though I find that it's people that say and do stuff that I remember, but they don't. They seem to be on schizoid mind-control project harnesses. Most folk seem fine but the few that are controlled that way cause so many problems, it's like they have a split corpus callosum. Or it could be one or a few that just walk-in to whoever is spiritually weak enough not to stop them puppeting their body and / or voice.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
One thing I doctor might tell you, to try to explain the odd language issue, is that you might have experiences a kind of Wernicke's Aphasia from something like transitory ischemia.

O.k. I've looked this up. I don't think this is what it was. Not only could I not understand them, my sister couldn't understand me either. We were clearly not speaking the same language. It went away in several weeks by itself and it has never happened again, at least not that I know of. After it was over there were no apparent lasting side-effects.

And it would not explain the two other incidents.

I wonder...if it was possible to have lived a previous life, one in which a different language was used, could something like that come through, even just temporarily, in a current life? I don't know, it's just a shot in the dark idea.

But even that would not explain the rest of it.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
What I know of walk-ins is that they are higher-dimensional beings that can take over the body of someone else who's been living here in that body (usually since conception / birth unless they are a walk-in already!) - but this has to happen on both their agreements otherwise it is just possession. (like in demonic possession) If it is agreed upon then the walk-in gets all the memories of the persons life and takes over living as them, while whoever used to occupy that body dies and goes off where they would have upon usual death.

I should point out, I'm not aware of anything like missing-time actually happening to me, what I meant to indicate is that people have tried things like that on me, they try claiming I'd been someplace that I wasn't or that they'd told me something but they never had, they don't get away with it though. They had to go all out to do other stuff to set me up on really mundane levels. Usually though I find that it's people that say and do stuff that I remember, but they don't. They seem to be on schizoid mind-control project harnesses. Most folk seem fine but the few that are controlled that way cause so many problems, it's like they have a split corpus callosum. Or it could be one or a few that just walk-in to whoever is spiritually weak enough not to stop them puppeting their body and / or voice.

I suggest you look up a disorder called "Schizophrenia."

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kancho

Or it could be one or a few that just walk-in to whoever is spiritually weak enough not to stop them puppeting their body and / or voice.

I suggest you look up a disorder called "Schizophrenia."

I was thinking that if these kinds of things start happening more frequently, you should go have a CAT scan and see if there's a tumor in your brain. Otherwise, it just might be a transient thing that happens every once in a while to pretty much everybody. A stray batch of chemicals gets flushed into your brain, or you get a blood blockage somewhere. It's important to remember that while you exist in the universe, in reality, the reality of the universe is also mirrored and created inside your head. Your brain is a very complex arrangement of constantly shifting puzzle pieces and sometimes it comes up with some other little pictures that don't fit, just by accident.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Then I counter-suggest that you check what was asked in the thread already, and you'll see that I was replying to what a walk-in is. Then I expanded upon an earlier answer I gave as I thought it may seem like I actually had missing-time myself and I am not into misrepresentation, especially not where people's actual lives are concerned.

What evidence do you have that anything commonly known about walk-ins sounds like anything about diagnosed schizophrenia (which I looked up a lot many years ago thanks when I did 'abnormal psychology' for a uni. class)? What type of schizophrenia do you think sounds most like descriptions of walk-ins?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
LOL, a CAT scan? What country do you live in where you can request things like that for free. You people are hilarious some of you on here, how do you cope in reality?

I can see it now - me at the doctors like that,

'well I want a CAT scan doc'

'why is this?'

'well, I got asked a question on a message board on the internet, then when I replied this insane person tried to claim I was a schizo, and another guy suggested I get a CAT scan - so, here I am!'

'Next!'

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Then I counter-suggest that you check what was asked in the thread already, and you'll see that I was replying to what a walk-in is. Then I expanded upon an earlier answer I gave as I thought it may seem like I actually had missing-time myself and I am not into misrepresentation, especially not where people's actual lives are concerned.

What evidence do you have that anything commonly known about walk-ins sounds like anything about diagnosed schizophrenia (which I looked up a lot many years ago thanks when I did 'abnormal psychology' for a uni. class)? What type of schizophrenia do you think sounds most like descriptions of walk-ins?

Just look up "Schneiderian first rank symptoms"

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sufferers of acute Werneke's aphasia often speak in complete gibberish (sometimes in their native language with the wrong words, but other times in completely 'made-up' words. Some sufferer's can understand other's speach. But other sufferers cannot understand anything anyone else says. This specific region of the brain does the input/output of language and it can be quite confusing to those with this condition as suddenly no one else makes sense and no one can understand them.

If you think this doesn't fit, that's fine. I understand that it might not. I just want to make sure you have the complete picture of transient speech aphasia.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

LOL, a CAT scan? What country do you live in where you can request things like that for free. You people are hilarious some of you on here, how do you cope in reality?

'why is this?'

'well, I got asked a question on a message board on the internet, then when I replied this insane person tried to claim I was a schizo , and another guy suggested I get a CAT scan - so, here I am!'

'Next!'

Is that so?! I'm not the one to trying to explain the existence of 4th dimensional aliens who can simply possess any body they wish. Rather than claiming such unverifiable nonsense I prefer to stick with what science has been able to explain!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just because Science enables us to define an experience through a physical condition doesnt necessarily mean the experience didn't truly happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sadly yes - and you know it's so because you think you can target me for abuse here Kancho.

Did I ask for your psychiatric evaluation? No. Did anyone here ask for such? Not even close. Yet you think this thread is somehow ok for you to hijack and start giving me abuse in - like your opinions mean anything at all.

Take the hint boy, no-one is here to debunk those things that we all - we sane people - know to be true already. So leave. This isn't a thread about you or anyone else being allowed to claim your little theories about how things are hold any merit over other theories. Start your own thread if you want to that screams about how all paranormal whatsits and soul stuff is all just schizophrenia, but don't expect me to bother coming over to visit you there.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Sufferers of acute Werneke's aphasia often speak in complete gibberish (sometimes in their native language with the wrong words, but other times in completely 'made-up' words. Some sufferer's can understand other's speach. But other sufferers cannot understand anything anyone else says. This specific region of the brain does the input/output of language and it can be quite confusing to those with this condition as suddenly no one else makes sense and no one can understand them.

If you think this doesn't fit, that's fine. I understand that it might not. I just want to make sure you have the complete picture of transient speech aphasia.

Makes sense seing that the OP was "pronounced dead" as a child.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Sufferers of acute Werneke's aphasia often speak in complete gibberish

Perhaps so, but we know there's more to this person's account than that - from their first couple of posts. So no need to ignore all the other stuff.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Just because Science enables us to define an experience through a physical condition doesnt necessarily mean the experience didn't truly happen.

And to me, that is the heart of the universe. Which is more real, an experience, or a physical explanation of an experience. To me, the answser is clearly that the experience is primary and more real. An explanation is just a model.

The only difficulty is when we ask others to act based on our experiences for which they have no model. The result is often a lack of trust. This is the way of the world (that I have modeled in my head.)

I find this author's story as fascinating as the many others I have read here. In providing a _possible_ physical explanation, I mean in no way to detract from the experience, but only to provide what common scientific knowledge might hypothesize as a source. Its more an attempt to give her explanations that people such as doctors might posit to 'please tell her what happened.'

I myself have medical conditions that have no explanation, and you wouldn't even begin to believe the lame hypotheses doctors put forward. I'm not claiming that the Werneke's explanation is any better. But it is always worth thinking about how the exotic might be the mundane, so as to be as grounded in a world model as possible. If, in the end, it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. Then reject it and substitute a new hypothesis. Alternate hypotheses have been submitted by ed and others here with experiences far more exotic than my own.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

keep in mind that just because they say it happens doesn't always mean that it actually did!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sufferers of acute Werneke's aphasia often speak in complete gibberish

Perhaps so, but we know there's more to this person's account than that - from their first couple of posts. So no need to ignore all the other stuff.

I absolutely agree. But I think if you look at my posts, I have not made any claims in any direction regarding her other accounts. (Forgive me if I did and forgot.)

I think that because I have offered a traditional medical explanation to one of her events, that it is being assumed by certain readers that I am dismissive of her claims. I am not. My suggestion was just a hypothesis that could very likely not fit and be wrong.

Meanwhile, I haven't ignored her other points. I just don't have anything useful to contribute in either of those two events beyond common sense hypotheses.

Anyways, the original author said Wernicke's doesn't seem to fit, so this is all irrelvent anyway. I'm sure the original author can describe more about her experiences if she likes, to explain some of the features of these events that make them so vivdly distinct form the reality many of us experience.

For example, after the missing time event, did her grades return to normal? DId she make up the work? What did her parents think about her homework over the last month?

Perhaps even more importantly, what did her sister think about that month? This last question would be interesting, because a sister might notice something parents wouldn't.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

'why is this?'

'well, I got asked a question on a message board on the internet, then when I replied this insane person tried to claim I was a schizo, and another guy suggested I get a CAT scan - so, here I am!'

'Next!'

actually its quite easy if you have medical insurance, in the states. itd go:

PCP (primary care physician): whats the problem
you: i want to get a cat scan, because ive been having some mental problems lately..like lost time, incoherency, etc.
PCP: how longs this been going on?
you: a long time, i need reassurance that it isnt a brain tumor or something
PCP: ok ill write you up the referral.

and thats w/ an HMO..its MUCH easier w/ a PPO, since u can just walk in anywhere...but in either case, all u gotta do is pay your copay.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kancho

keep in mind that just because they say it happens doesn't always mean that it actually did!

Of course, I was just trying to state that using science and logic to falsify someone's experience can be just as ignorant as completely accepting it.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
before "settleing" into a paranormal line of thought.

I have been through the psychological wringer myself and I can tell you that taking a single symptom out of context from it's know illness (es) is a satisfactory first step.

What else have you to go on but this?

I have had sleep occurances in the past. My first line of understanding these and the effect they had on me was to point the finger at myself.

Don't forget that there are multitudes of symptoms and prerequisites one must have to actually qualify for a bnonified mental illness or pathological speech issue for that matter.

There should be no offense taken by anyone suggesting the first approach of checking one's own mental standing. To understand it for yourself you first need to rule out anything mental/physical that might be a cause.

In offering the suggestion on the forum that someone seek mental help, do you not think you could be slightly less condescending? It's a tough issue for many...feeling crazy already becuase of the experience(s) and how they have affected you and your life...then to have some unknown person tell you you're a bit loopy...?

All I'm saying is try to be a bit more courteous and respectful when making suggestions regarding anothers "grasp" on reality.

I am a chronic fence sitter folks and I can see and identify with both sides of this argument.

I too have had a near entire year missing. I can recall, teh house we lived in, I remember the names of everyone, but cannot see people in the memories and have a scattered few memories of myself. I don't recall going to school, playing in the yard, playing inside, my toys or anything else. I can recall the colours of the frigging wallpaper but not a single person including myself. I was there, but I wasn't.

Naturally my first goal was to identify and lable this. I filled out questionairres in triplicate to reduce my mental standing to something I could work with. End result was Agoraphobia/Panic/OCD. Far cry from being schizo TYVM. I have a schizophrenic brother so tell me I wasn't worried that I too might suffer something nasty like he does?

There is no shame in getting a mental work up. In this era depression affects millions of people. Anxiety Disorder is prevalent in nearly every culture...in North America it's a rapidly growing illness affecting men and women of all ages.

Speaking to someone you trust and going from there. It's being responsible about your own welfare and health.

I still cannot define my near year of "missing" time. I still cannot with 100% certainty say I was not abducted.

*steps off her soap box*

So this OP's reality as it stands right now, is full of unknowns. Now you need to start ruling things out - like mental illness. Like physical issues and diseases. Once you have a clear idea of how your mind and body are doing, you can really begin investigating your experience with far more confidence and resolve.

For me, having a psych work up and a full medical including eyes sight, ears nose and throat etc...really helped me to feel more confident that some of the experiences I have had, can be explored in the context of "alternate sciences".

Being critical and degrading a person's experience by being a gun jumper and hard ass isn't helping the person or the forum in general.

I think ecoterrestrials suggestion is a good one and delivered in a non-confrontational manner -

All other condemnations of the OP without care or concern for how it affects them are calssified as hijackers looking for a fight.

It's always a cowardly approach to attack someone when their down. *wags finger*

best of luck...feel free to U2 me if you want more info on how to approach the subject medically or if you want more info on my experience. I've never spoken a foreign tongue so we have that difference but the missing time is a shared phenom and I dare say others have experienced it as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
generic,

I'm sure you have checked it out but just for the heck of it I thought I would ask.

Do you think you may have suffered a traumatic experience that year such as abuse of some sort and that's why people are blocked out of your memory?

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join