It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Please Tell Me What Happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
Did your language skills return or did you have to re-learn English? just curious how you got by without talking for weeks, i know for a fact that in today's world, you'd probably be hospitalised and then god have mercy on you, you'd have been branded ADHD/whatever and/or autistic for life. mind numbing drugs included, of course.

As I said in my first post, I've thought about doing this for awhile now. Now that I've started this thread I intent to pursue it as this may be the only chance I ever get to try to answer, for myself, exactly what did happen.

mod edit: shortened quote

[edit on 20-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thank-you for the info.

Originally posted by ed 209

I should point out, I'm not aware of anything like missing-time actually happening to me,

When I read this part of your post the first thing that came to my mind was, how many are there that this may have happened to, but they don't know about it? If I hadn't gotten in trouble over the missing time then it might not have been drawn to my attention. Likewise, if I had not been jolted awake during the 1983 incident, there's a very good chance I might not have remembered it either.

The only incident that I would have remembered would have been the 9th grade language one, and I have no idea whether I remember it because it was some how different or what.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
LOL, a CAT scan? What country do you live in where you can request things like that for free. You people are hilarious some of you on here, how do you cope in reality?

I can see it now - me at the doctors like that,

'well I want a CAT scan doc'

'why is this?'

'well, I got asked a question on a message board on the internet, then when I replied this insane person tried to claim I was a schizo, and another guy suggested I get a CAT scan - so, here I am!'

'Next!'

Oh my! Thanks for a good laugh. I needed that.

To the other poster, I am well aware of schizoid problems as I have known people afflicted with it,...that's not it, but gee, thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kancho

Just look up "Schneiderian first rank symptoms"

And do you also suppose that my husband was hallucinating when he kicked the man HE saw sitting on the bed, and then went searching through the house to find?

I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
[edit on 19-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Sufferers of acute Werneke's aphasia often speak in complete gibberish (sometimes in their native language with the wrong words, but other times in completely 'made-up' words. Some sufferer's can understand other's speach. But other sufferers cannot understand anything anyone else says. This specific region of the brain does the input/output of language and it can be quite confusing to those with this condition as suddenly no one else makes sense and no one can understand them.

If you think this doesn't fit, that's fine. I understand that it might not. I just want to make sure you have the complete picture of transient speech aphasia.

Thank-you for trying to help, but I really don't think this fits what happened. From the sound of it, this should most likely leave some type of lasting impairment, but this is not the case. What happened at that particuliar time has never happened again.

For those suggesting a cat scan, I did have one of those in Aug. 2005 after some heart medication had caused a bleeding problem and the doctors were trying to figure it out. I would think if there was something, it would have been found then. But all they found was that they needed to cut down on the dosage of blood thinners they had me taking.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
And do you also suppose that my husband was hallucinating when he kicked the man HE saw sitting on the bed, and then went searching through the house to find?

I don't think so.

No, that actually sounds like Atropine poisoning. Do you and/your husband use herbal remedies to go to sleep sometimes? These can sometimes contain unregulated amounts of belladonna, which in significant doses can cause hallucinations and delerium.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
When I was a teenager, I had experienced something eerily similar to your experience. As did you, I know no other language other than english, on my particular occassion, I had a conversation with a gentleman that was carting two very beautiful women, I heard what he was speaking, not fully comprehending his dialect, but all of a sudden "Bam!" , I could understand him fully and accurately. I asked him,(In his Native tongue) "What? , whats this language I am speaking?" the individual replied, "Arimaic". (SP?). I have thought of that day over and over again. Including writing myself off for the luny bin if I ever talked of it. It was not a prophecy or any of the sort's, but it was genuinely mind boggling, even to this very day.

This happened to me when I was around 15 or 16 years of age, I am now 41 years old. Quite a monumental day of my life and I will never forget about 'til the day I leave this world. So, it is rather comforting to know that there has been other individuals that have experienced the same thing that I have experienced. Though I never had the problem of happening more than once in my life, I also didn't have the following complications as you did with your continual speech and disrupted hearing problem's. I know first handed that this does happen and I can only suggest that "We don't know what is really happening or why it's happening."

Thanks for the thread post Shadow eye's, This is the first time I have went public with my experience and I feel a little relief in knowing that this happen's to other people as well...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thank-you for your reply Justgeneric. I tried to quote your post, but for some reason it didn't work.

Yes, ruling out a potential mental problem was the first line of business, because I had to eliminate whatever factors that I could when I became old enough to. That is also why I can say that I am of sound mind.

And you are correct about some doctors. I have seen what happens when they have no answer. But then again, no one can answer ALL questions.

I'm glad to see I'm far from the only one who has experienced lost time, but I'm not glad that you've had to go through it. It's not a pleasant experience.

The only thing that prevents me from thinking it was an abduction type scenario is that I was told by others that I was still here. If it had been an abduction, I would think I would have been gone for that amount of time.

I believe we are supposed to have a certain number of posts before we can u2u other members,...50? I don't think I have that many yet. But when the time comes that I do, I may very well take you up on the offer.

And you are correct that it doesn't help at all for someone to automatically assume the op is kooky. But I did expect that there would be some who would react that way, and that is why I debated for so long whether I would even post the question. I have lurked at this site since the time that the Titor posts were being made, and that is how long I have thought about doing this. It was not done lightly.

And the fear of the reaction of others is one of the main reasons I just kept my mouth shut while these things were happening. I already had enough to deal with trying to figure out what was going on without adding other problems to it. But, I can tell you that those were lonely times, especially the incidents that happened while I was a child.

I have seen enough posts on this site from people who have had experiences that seemed unexplaniable, and that is what finally prompted me to at least ask if anyone else had ever been through such things. So, if nothing else, I can now feel that I'm not alone. That there are some people out there who know what I'm talking about and how it makes you feel, even if we never figure out what it was that happened.

However, I do feel that if an answer is to be found, it will be on a site such as ATS.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

No, that actually sounds like Atropine poisoning. Do you and/your husband use herbal remedies to go to sleep sometimes? These can sometimes contain unregulated amounts of belladonna, which in significant doses can cause hallucinations and delerium.

No, neither of us used any herbal remedies to sleep. We never needed to.

What he does now I could not tell you as we divorced in 1989, and we don't stay in touch.

I will say that when I was jolted awake like I was, I did have the distinct feeling that I had been somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
When I was a teenager, I had experienced something eerily similar to your experience. As did you, I know no other language other than english, on my particular occassion, I had a conversation with a gentleman that was carting two very beautiful women, I heard what he was speaking, not fully comprehending his dialect, but all of a sudden "Bam!" , I could understand him fully and accurately.

When I went through the language incident I was also 15. Isn't that strange? Where were you living at the time? I was in S. Calif.

And you're right, it has helped to at least talk about it, and to know that I'm not alone. There has been several posters so far who have had similiar experiences and so far I don't think any of us has been able to really explain it.

I would like to ask those who have had this type of experience if they wouldn't mind saying where they were at the time and the approx. year that it happened to you. Maybe we can find some type of pattern.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If this was in your imagination, it doesn't explain how your husband also experienced what he did.

I don't quite understand the language parts. I thought you meant, they were speaking English, but suddenly the English language became foreign to you, as if you had never known it.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You had asked what a walk-in was right? Here is an explanation:

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
If this was in your imagination, it doesn't explain how your husband also experienced what he did.

I don't quite understand the language parts. I thought you meant, they were speaking English, but suddenly the English language became foreign to you, as if you had never known it.

There were three separate incidents, and believe me, I know they're confusing. Allow me to try to put them into a better order.

The first happened in 1966-67 and involved the missing time. This one was in S. Calif.

The second happened in 1969-70 and involved the language. Your understanding of the language part of it is correct. It started out as plain everyday English, but then it suddenly became foreign to me as if I'd never known English, and this took several weeks before I could understand again. This also happened in S. Calif.

The third happened in 1983 and involved what I later felt might have been some type of obe, as I felt that I really wasn't there when my husband kicked the man he saw sitting on the edge of the bed. Why the man was there, I don't know, but I have felt that perhaps he was holding my place in this world until I got back. At least those are the feelings I had about that particuliar incident. This one happened in Okla.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was in the vacinity of my home town, George Iowa. It occurred around 1980 or 81. I had been there to attend a friend's funeral and this was when the strange occurrance had taken place.
For some strange reason, that particular day ehoes through my . every single day and never stop's to my amazment of the whole ordeal.
And still to this very day, I can't understand a lick of any other language, other than english, but yet I know I was speaking to this individual with the full knowledge of his tongue. To be quite frank with you , it scared the B-jesus out of me, because , when this came to an end of the conversation, I turned to look to ask one more question and he and his female friend's were all but gone.

I would give the whole story to this thread, but I don't even remember what the conversation was over , other than that it was about my way of life and my ability to be very opened minded to thing's of higher plains.
Hope that doesn't sound to "Freakish" , but it is a true story and I have never forgotten about it or experienced it again, ever in my life since then.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Shadow,

Have you tried and hypnotic regression to try and pick up more details that may be buried in your subconscious? Especially the night when your husband saw the man and just before your six week memory loss/ gone missing.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I asked him,(In his Native tongue) "What? , whats this language I am speaking?" the individual replied, "Arimaic (SP)".

Are you serious? You were speaking Aramaic? Wow. Have you ever been to the middle east or Russia? That's where it's spoken mostly. You do realize that's a 3000 year old Semitic Language. Wow.

Ps-sorry Shadow but google came up empty

[edit on 19/6/2006 by Firehawk]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkCyrus
You had asked what a walk-in was right? Here is an explanation:

www.greatdreams.com...

Wow!
That was some link. Thank-you.

There is a lot to think about on the link, and there are definately parts that I can identify with, while there are other parts that I can not. One thing I noticed was that there are a variety of ways this could happen, although, when I had the language incident, I was not ill, depressed, nor tired of living. I do not remember ever giving anyone else permission to take over.

But the thought does come that if something like this is what happened, perhaps it could have happened during the time I was pronounced dead as a baby, and I would be too young to recall it. But I don't know why I wouldn't know about it until much, much later.

I have saved the link and will be doing some heavy thinking about it.
Thank-you.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I was in the vacinity of my home town, George Iowa. It occurred around 1980 or 81. I had been there to attend a friend's funeral and this was when the strange occurrance had taken place.
For some strange reason, that particular day ehoes through my . every single day and never stop's to my amazment of the whole ordeal.

Hmmm.
Sounds like maybe you should read the link provided by DarkCyrus.
I'm not saying this was what you experienced, but then again....you never know. It's pretty long but there's a lot of info that covers a variety of experiences.

Justgeneric, you also might want to read that link.

I would be interested to know what you both feel about it. Whether it strikes any chords with you.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Shadow,

Have you tried and hypnotic regression to try and pick up more details that may be buried in your subconscious? Especially the night when your husband saw the man and just before your six week memory loss/ gone missing.

No, I've never tried that. Someone told me once that it wasn't a good idea to allow oneself to be hypnotized. I'm not sure why but I don't think I would be comfortable doing it.

Firehawk, thank-you for looking.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join