It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati and Mason talk on the history channels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Since all the da vinci code movie and stuff, ive noticed some of the documentarys have already started to mention "Mason" and "illuminati". This is new, has anyone noticed besides me?

Im watching it right now, "angels demons and masons".

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There's definitly been a big uptick in talk about secret societies, and also conspiracy in general, in teh popular press. Even in bookstores now, the history sections are cluttered with masonic books and templar mysteries, etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
There's definitly been a big uptick in talk about secret societies, and also conspiracy in general, in teh popular press. Even in bookstores now, the history sections are cluttered with masonic books and templar mysteries, etc.

Looks like the mainstream are getting into the secret societies and stuff now, i think thats good. While i was watching the documentary they basically tryed to debunk all the false claims of dan brown and opened up doors about the freemasons & illuminati. It was like they wanted us to look into this.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have also noticed that with the rise of these type " specials" their ( Disc, History, NatG,) programming has lost a great deal of credibility. They are doing more rumor
than research. More hype than history. Just regular journalism, If you cant distort it,
Dont report it.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I somewhat agree with you stalkingwolf, they are getting a bit to much into the sensationalist stories about Masonry/ Templars etc. Yet I also think they make a somewhat concerted expert to bring in mainstream scholars to debunk a great many of the legends. Although not all.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Yep, i have noticed the same; what starts to make me mad is the fact that any book templar/iluminati/conspiracy has a publisher big round Dan Brown letters to call your attention, like "Dan Brown used this book as primary research" or "Dan Brown´s main inspiration for Da Vinci Code". Bahhh

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Dan Brown is a historian. But.....

The reason his books were published is in the book Angels and Demons.

He explains how the Illuminati do not want to hide anymore. They feel that it's time to come out of the shadows and let the world know that their time has come.

This explains all the numerous documentaries and featurettes on TV.

There were many Dan Browns in the past. They just could not get their work out into the mainstream. Too controversial.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
While I don't remember Angels and Demons that well, and recognizing the fact that I think the whole Illuminati live and livin large idea is complete garbage. Wouldn't Dan Brown writing a book about the Illuminati no longer wanting to hide be "controversial" to the Illuminati, and wouldn't they have stopped the publication if they actually existed? I mean look at all the light that is now being shed on secret societies as a whole because of the various works of Dan Brown, why would the Illuminati want the discussion of such a subject to become main stream?

Because the Illuminati is a defunct group of Bavarian Liberal Intellectuals who could not survive for even a half-century.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Your facts are wrong. Ive heard of Bavarian Illuminati. If you don't remember Angels and Demons, then you obiviously don't know that Galileo founded the Illuminati, as an anti-vatican movement of consisting ofnumerous scientists, astronomers, mathematicians that were labeled heretics by the vatican.

A term, the elite were always around. Why can;t the global elite today still be considered Illuminati. It's a code name.

You know that printed paper we all salivate for? it's printed with no limit. Artificial inflation. Messages in hollywood pictures. The logic proves they exist. Have you seen the rituals in bohemian grove?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
If you don't remember Angels and Demons, then you obiviously don't know that Galileo founded the Illuminati, as an anti-vatican movement of consisting ofnumerous scientists, astronomers, mathematicians that were labeled heretics by the vatican.

Isn't Angels and Demons a fictional novel? I read it and enjoyed it* (more so that DVC actually) but I never thought for a minute that is was anything other than a well-woven mix of truth and fiction.

(*apart from the silly ending with the helicopter
)

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I know what you are saying. But Dan Brown is a historian who meshes facts with drama. The characters, the action..that's the fiction. His logical references to the Roman remnants influencing religion , to the creation of countries flags, ties to Templar knights...like England's for example are just some of the things that make his books fascinating.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If you don't remember Angels and Demons, then you obiviously don't know that Galileo founded the Illuminati,

Angels and Demons is a work of fiction. We have records on the illuminati, they were founded by Weishaupt in Bavaria.

as an anti-vatican movement of consisting ofnumerous scientists, astronomers, mathematicians that were labeled heretics by the vatican.

You do realize that this is basically the same plot as in 'The Davinci Code", no?

Dan Brown did a good job of researching conspiracy theories and cobbling them together to make a book. His books are fiction, you can not cite the information within it as fact.

Why can;t the global elite today still be considered Illuminati.

Because they have nothing to do with that radical liberal secret society formed in bavaria.

Have you seen the rituals in bohemian grove?

What does that have to do with the illuminati? What does a bunch of rich snobs doing a 'cremation of care' ceremony have to do with weishaupts "Perfectabalists"??

I think that the mention of the BC is what shows the pros and cons of the illuminati/mason talk in the mainstream. The masons and defunct illuminati are simply not a threat. But groups like the BC, while I don't think that they have magical powers, the public should be aware of them, (and its spin off, the Rancheros Visitadores, or the Roundup Riders of the Rockies).

THe public hears about an evil illuminati cabal and how they want to destroy all nations and religions, and they think, this is nuts. And when the cabal never comes to fruition, they figure, 'it really was nuts'. Meanwhile, the actual elite with their power control strucutures do assemble and network with one another, and the public is none the wiser. Or they see Jones' 'expose' on the BC, and expose that didn't bring any new information into the field, and figure, 'they're nutters, but who cares'.

Also, in a certain sense, the Illuminati hysteria/paranoia, its playing right into the hands of the 'powers that be'. The Illuminati were a liberal secular organization, a group that encouraged rational thought; thus, they were a threat to the old order of absolute Monarchs and Church-as-State. So those powers concocted diatribes against the illuminati, tricking the people into thinking that they were monsters who wanted to 'destroy all religion and all nations', and then, moved to destroy the illuminati themselves. So effective was their conspiracy, that even today, the very people that would normally be wary of the excesses of the state and religious control, are fearful of the Illuminati, of all things, rather than the church and state.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I know what you are saying.

What, about the helicopter? It was rubbish, wasn't it. The whole story just got too unbelieveable after that point.

I agree with you about the mixing of fact and fiction - the problem is that a novel presents no point of reference so there is no way of telling which are facts and which are fictions. Which is the whole purpose of a novelist like Brown - it would detract from the story if you knew some of it was twaddle.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Where I am, the whole interest in secret societies, conspiracies, kabbalah, masonrye, illuminati, has, as far as I am concerned, been discussed to death. Over the past four or five years it grew to a fever pitch with people showing up in my small town from all over the world seeking info on this. There was even a worldwide invitational to the hall in our town. All in all though people here are divided into two groups: those that suspect it all to be treachery and those who do not.

I say this because it has been REALLY evident, the interest in secret societies. I think that each generation has its brush with masonry though. Who among those of the human species doesn't develop their personal philosophy as they mature?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yes, but the world Illuminati is only a label. The global elite are basically the corporate megalomaniacs...

....the bilderburgs
....the neo cons
....the 6 major oil companies.
....the media stations...Viacom for example. People think there are a million cable stations , but in fact there probably only 8. Corporations control dozens of stations at the same time.

...hollywood? Movies with messages? . Has anyone seen the movie Siege? Hints of what's to come. The day after tomorrow? was it hinting something towards the Tsunami or Hurricane Katrina?

Who controls Inflation? ..who prints out the new $20 dollar bills ? where do the old ones go?. The illuminati is just a term. Why isnt it possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

...hollywood? Movies with messages? . Has anyone seen the movie Siege? Hints of what's to come. The day after tomorrow? was it hinting something towards the Tsunami or Hurricane Katrina?

... or they could just be the fantasies of the movies' authors. I'll bet that the thought behind The Day After Tommorow was less 'This could happen to us!' and more 'People are going to like seeing a bunch of tornados destroy Los Angelas!'

Who controls Inflation?

No one does. It is a natural phenomena of a monetary system that relies on fiat currency. Scholars have theories on why it happens, and organizations such as the Federal Reserve have proven methods for influencing it... but that's all they can do, influence it.

..who prints out the new $20 dollar bills ? where do the old ones go?.

The US Department of the Treasury, specifically the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, handles both. Nifty tour, incidentally.

The illuminati is just a term. Why isnt it possible.

It is possible. It's just not likely.

new topics

top topics

join