It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Muslim Money behind DaVinci Movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
Care to provide any proof of that?

I can pro...

I thought not, there is no proof that anything mentioned in the bible actaully happened much less any proof whatsoever that jesus or god actually exist.

Oh, seems you've already answered for me. Sounds like you've got your mind made up. All the best with that, way to deny ignorance.

please feel free to prove me wrong but I doubt you will find any evidence whatsoever

You've already closed the door my friend, sorry you couldn't have been patient enough to look inside.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
What's with all the Muslim hating?
Have you lost interest in attacking the Jews?

Where did you see anyone on this thread bashing Muslims?

Who on this thread was attacking the Jews?

I already gave my opinion of this .. that it's most likely just a really
savy business man who knows how to make money .. and who
happens to be Muslim.

No, I don't think he'd back a film that cut at Islam, but that's because
there are too many who'd be calling for his head to be chopped off if
he did.

But where do you see anyone here on this thread hating Muslims?

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just bringing the story to ya'll.
There are a bunch out there who see a muslim conspiracy. Just
because I brought it to ya' doesn't mean I agree with it. Obviously
I don't since I already said what I thought - that this is a business
guy with a good eye for what makes money.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
There should be a movie debunking the whole muslim religon, why is jesus always in question and not all the other religions in the world ?
Type the words "Jesus Truth" into the Google search engine and see what appears as the the first choice. You won't believe what you read at that site. There is a war on against Christianity and it is being fought on many fronts.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There should be a movie debunking the whole muslim religon, why is jesus always in question and not all the other religions in the world ?

All religions get attacked, I don'tknow what you are talking about. Jesus is in more than one religion, so targetting him isn't necessarily only targetting Christianity. All religions are questionable, it's usually a test of whether you can remain faithful to the Bible or whatever their "bible-like" book might be, regardless of the evidence proposed in opposition.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

happens to be Muslim.

That pretty much sums it up for me, he's just smart is all. He knew it would blow up. hell who didn't ?

I guess that too is cause for suspicion these days though.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well I am sick and tired of seeing the BS and hype over this fictional book

Recently I went to a bookstore to buy some books and in the religious section they had this book sitting with the Bibles et cetera. What a load of bollocks. So, are we supposed to read it and compare the scriptures? Is it companion reading???

How disgraceful.

People are suckers to go ga ga over it. Really!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well I'm sure that Muslim guys investors are quite happy with their investment! The Da Vinci Code'' had $238.1 million in worldwide ticket sales in its first weekend.
I'd be happy as punkin pie. Wether he's a muslim or not...smart move. I bet he gets back his intial investment 10x over.

In another case where a church takes advantage of the situation rather then attempts to tear it down or attack the religion/race of the people behind the movie.

Church offers chance to crack Da Vinci code
By Brendan McDaid

22 May 2006
The Presbyterian Church in Londonderry is offering people the chance to fill in the historical and religious holes in the new DaVinci Code blockbuster.

The move comes as local people arrived in droves over the weekend for the opening of the adaptation of Dan Brown's novel, despite criticism of the film by the Catholic Church and critics.

A four-week course will now begin at Ebrington Presbyterian Church next Tuesday, May 30, at 8pm.

Richard McIlhatton, assistant minister at Ebrington and organiser of the course added: "I do not think that the DaVinci Code poses a serious threat to Christianity in the way that some would suggest.

Source

I think its a great idea. Too bad more clergy weren't as smart.
Pie

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
What's with all the Muslim hating?
Have you lost interest in attacking the Jews?

Where did you see anyone on this thread bashing Muslims?

Who on this thread was attacking the Jews?

happens to be Muslim.

No, I don't think he'd back a film that cut at Islam, but that's because
there are too many who'd be calling for his head to be chopped off if
he did.

But where do you see anyone here on this thread hating Muslims?

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just bringing the story to ya'll.
There are a bunch out there who see a muslim conspiracy. Just
because I brought it to ya' doesn't mean I agree with it. Obviously
I don't since I already said what I thought - that this is a business
guy with a good eye for what makes money.

Wow, is this the same FlyersFan I know and love from elsewhere on the web?

As others have said, this supposition of a grand conspiracy hinges on a few very large presumptions.
1) That the da Vinci Code is "blasphemy" against Christianity and somehow damages the Christian faith.
2) That this is the intent of this man, beyond turning a profit.
3) That if he hates Christianity, all Muslims share the same outlook simply by the virtue of being Muslim.

It's bland anti-Muslim blabber, pretty much.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
i find it funny that so many people think this book would "destroy christianity." The only thing it could destroy if true would be the church, not the religion, which would be a good thing anyways... I don't think there's a more corrupt, lying, secretive group of people around... ever.

but this isnt the thread to get into that so I wont go into it here.

anyways.. I still don't see how christ having a wife and a child would take away anything he supposedly did. He was a man, obviously so, or else he would not have been able to have been killed. It was his spirit that was "god" "son of god" however you want to put it. Therefore he still would have been subject to all the things a human body normally feels.... including hormonal sexual drive. Besides that, where are the missing years of his life that the bible doesnt have in it?

who's to say he didnt go off and get married and then get said wife pregnant? It seems to me it would almost be logical for him to WANT to have a bloodline.

on a sidenote: there are far too many Mary's in the bible. Couldn't they have been a little more creative with the names?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
not really, since mohammed did go around killing people, and if he had an Ak-47 instead of a knife, he'd've used that to kill them. Jesus is, in christianity, part of the godhead, completely divine. Having him have sex with a whore and having children pulls the rug out from under the basis of christianity. Saying 'Mohamed was a jerk' doesn't do the same thing to islam.

Hehehe, one could argue that Mohammad was a great military leader

Still, Dan Brown did not deny that Jesus was the Son of God nor his miracles, he simply argued that there is another side of Jesus. I do not see how having a kid destroys his divinity. God himself had a child acording to christian belief, Jesus is SON OF GOD. So if Jesus had a son or a daughter, it would not be a sin. Granted God had a kid with a virgin, but still... he had one, so having children should not be considered a bad thing.

The assumption that Jesus had a child is not as disturbing as another aspect of the whole story: the sacred feminine. If I were christian more disturbing to me would be pagan rituals practiced by alledged keepers of the Holy Grail, the Priory of Zion. Now that is something that goes very much against the Christian main stream, the worship of the feminine, the chalice symbolism and all that. The importance of Mary Magdalene not only as the mother of Jesus' offspring, but as a symbol of worship and her leader-like status is in a fundamental contradiction with christian doctrine, specially catholic one.

Generally, abrahamic religions are male dominated religions, even God is a "he", so worshipping a woman is unthinkable, specially if that worship is connected with pagan rituals.

This aspect is quite offensive to Muslims too, considering the strong monotheism, anti-pagan stance dominating islamic God worship and traditional role of women in Islam.

Yet, all things considered, The Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction and people are reacting too strongly to a product of someone's fantasy.
One can read the book and still be a good Christian. As Aristotle once said:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
And if the movie had been bankrolled by one of the many Jewish financiers in Hollywood, I suppose that would be evidence of a Jewish conspiracy against Christianity? Good thinking, FlyersFan! What a mind -- sharper than a steel trap!

Can we have a Way Below Top Secret button too, mods? I've just found a use for one.

Just for the record, Jesus is revered by Muslims; he appears in the Koran as Isa.

Moreover, many Muslims are up in arms against the movie, just as many Christians are. Look: here. You'll find more evidence with a simple Google. But I advise against that; it might compromise the sublime steel-blue purity of your soul.

What a flatulent burst of bigotry and wilful ignorance. Faugh! how it reeks.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
First of all I just want to say that I am a muslim and I am also against this movie because I have alot of respect for Jesus (Upon him be peace).
What I saw on this thread from some people who attacked my prophet (pbuh) offended me.

Now I recall someone saying that a muslim funded this film, and is helping in the destruction of christianity.
Well in that case you need to ask yourself, if christianity is really God's religion, God will most definitely support christianity, meaning that it would be indestructible.
How can then a hollywood film destroy something like christianity in that case?

And why did no one mention the fact that muslims do oppose the da vinci code?
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.islamonline.com...
www.christiantoday.com...

I see that some people will always see muslims as their enemy regardless of what they do.
Muslims btw get a fair share of ridicule and hostility directed towards them, believe me I know of this fact.
So anyone saying that "people wouldn't dare insult muslims", well we've been insulted over and over again in hollywood movies.
Which is fine you can insult us as much as you want, but just don't insult our prophet (pbuh) because thats all we've got.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I agree that those who are seen as divine beings and spiritual leaders should not be mocked. What gain is brought from that other than hate? I'm not saying we should all get along because there will be divisions, but war is something different entirely. Even political cartoons make me ill because all they do is take real people, but words in their mouths and make them look like fools. How would any of us like a cartoon of us drawn saying and doing abhorrent things? It's not "freedom of speech", it's slander and IS on the lawbooks of my country. I really don't see this movie as anything different either. Christ says one thing, this movie says another.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Can we have a Way Below Top Secret button too, mods? I've just
found a use for one. What a flatulent burst of bigotry and wilful ignorance.
Faugh! how it reeks.

Actually the only 'wilful ignorance' here is the fact that you haven't
bothered to read the entire thread. If you had, you would have read
that I don't agree with the consipracy theory and that I think it's just
a matter of a savy business guy trying to make a bunch of money.

And I said not to shoot the messenger of the theory
because I didn't share it.

So yes .. a way below top secret button ... for those like YOU who don't
bother to read the thread and yet toss ignorant insults around like candy.

Moreover, many Muslims are up in arms against the movie,
just as many Christians are. Look: here.

Moreover, that was already addressed on page 2 and I said it was a great find
that put to bed the alleged conspiracy. If you had bothered to read the thread
you would have seen that.

But I advise against that; it might compromise the
sublime steel-blue purity of your soul.

More insults ... you'd best read the rules AND you really ought to read
the entire thread before you babble and blather .. you are embarrassing
yourself.

[edit on 5/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
1) That the da Vinci Code is "blasphemy" against Christianity and somehow damages the Christian faith.

Too bad inquisition is over, we cant burn all the copies of this book, put a single copy on the mighty archive of the Vatican, and not talk about it because its blasphemy. Witch hunt is over, welcome to the 21st century.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
And if the movie had been bankrolled by one of the many Jewish financiers in Hollywood, I suppose that would be evidence of a Jewish conspiracy against

Im pretty sure the president Of Imagine Entertainment is. Not sure about Ron Howard/Director (Opie) and Brian Grazer/Producer and Akiva Goldsman is the Screenwriter for the movie...its possible. Joint task force to take down Christianity? :LOL: The old bad cop good cop trick...the muslims and jews are ganging up. The pope better hold on to his cap now.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This seems a desperate attempt to blame a FICTIONAL BOOK on an opposing religion.

Like Valhall said, It's FICTION! It's a MOVIE, not to mention in the Forward of the Book it says FICTIONAL. I mean really come on. Personally I'll wait till this movie hits my Cue on Netflix. Not worth paying Movie Theater Prices for this…. MOVIE!

According to this report it is a British Muslim who mostly financially backed the DaVinci movie. hmmmm. Wonder if we will see any of the 2 billion Christians around the world riot and call for death to him and/or other Muslims since DaVinci is disrespectful to Christianity and is considered blasphemous.

That's what we saw when a simple cartoon was printed about Muhammad after all. And this movie is so much more than a simple cartoon in a small 'out of the way' country. (Out of the way as opposed to world wide - like this movie)

I have to agree, but we don't need to stoop to their lowness and cause riots, our government will probably do nothing about it, mainly cause it’s out of Hollywood. And also cause they too want one world religion.

[edit on 23/5/2006 by wyldwylly]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It's funny how everyone is still blasting FlyerFan when she has said that she believes that money is behind this investment, and not some deep dark muslimish reason.

Why is everyone saying "2 billion Muslims!11!"? There are not even 2 billion muslims in the world. Do you think every muslim on the planet rioted in the streets against the cartoons?

BTW, too late, wyldwylly. The riots have already started. Both from US as well as from THEM
. A little googling turned these up:

Christian Madness Escalates Over "Da Vinci Code" Blasphemy!

‘Da Vinci Code’ Sparks Indian Riots

Pakistani Islamists get ready to bash Da Vinci Code

[edit on 24-5-2006 by babloyi]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Just a book.....the bible is just a book too.

There is alot of money to be made thats why.

Hit the nail on the head with this comment. And if anyone says that the bible is not a book but the literal word of god, it shows they are ill-informed and do not understand the political context that the bible was formed under.
The only thing is atleast the Da vinci code self proclaims to be a work of fiction.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Actually the only 'wilful ignorance' here is the fact that you haven't bothered to read the entire thread. If you had, you would have read that I don't agree with the consipracy theory and that I think it's just a matter of a savy business guy trying to make a bunch of money.

Why, then, did you bother to start the thread at all? Why bring this point up when it isn't even a real issue? Did you think you were being clever? Isn't there enough hatred abroad in the world already, without self-proclaimedly disinterested parties adding fuel to the fire for their own amusement?

Of course I read your subsequent posts. But I suspect you of changing horses in midstream to cover your tracks (yes, I can muddle metaphors with the best of them).

As for the perceived insult: if you object to someone calling your soul pure and steel-blue, then what can I do but apologize most humbly? It's not as if you've done anything wrong, after all. There's really nothing immoral about gratuitously fanning the flames of a potentially world-consuming religious conflagration, is there? What could I possibly be objecting to?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join