It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Muslim Money behind DaVinci Movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
"I think it's a very serious problem when people start funding movies and books
to attack somebody else's religious faith."

Rather, its a serious problem when religious faith thinks that it deserves special protections.

The British government thus is helping Mohammed to conduct a jihad
against Christians by promoting the Bible bashing, anti-Christian
propaganda in The Da Vinci Code.

Absurd. The religious ideas presented in The Davinci Code are an alternative interpretation of christianity. Attacking The Davinci Code as 'bible bashing' is in itself attacking another religion. This guy wants the state to help him stamp out heresies.

Mohammed Yusef's Invicta Capital

Invicta eh? Like "Sol Invicta"? Perhaps, [tinfoil hat on]Yusef is part of a front that pretends to be muslim, but is really old school pagan, and trying to re-establish its dominance[/tinfoilhat]

Not too far off, there are a number of 'crypto-pagan' communities in the middle east, fronting as muslims, but in reality nothing of the sort, such as the Druze or Yezidi or possibly the nosairii/alawis. Is Yusef from Syria or Turkey?

why is jesus always in question and not all the other religions in the world ?

I don't know where you have been , but I have seen plenty of tracts painting Mo as a criminal pedophile who suffered from schizophrenia and was a murderous pirate.

paperclip
The size of hype Dan Brown's book is causing is unbelievable.

It is pretty impressive.

To blame it on Muslims and some insanely over-blown idea of them wanting to destroy christianity with a fictional movie, is just plain ridiculous.

I suspect that flyersfan is being very speculative on the matter though.

would be if someone wrote about Jesus being a mass murderer.

not really, since mohammed did go around killing people, and if he had an Ak-47 instead of a knife, he'd've used that to kill them. Jesus is, in christianity, part of the godhead, completely divine. Having him have sex with a whore and having children pulls the rug out from under the basis of christianity. Saying 'Mohamed was a jerk' doesn't do the same thing to islam.

but it has nothing to do with attacking the foundation of christianity.

Except for the fact that it attacks the foundation of christianity. It presents jesus as 'just this guy', who was nice. Whereas christianity is that he was God incarnate. Its like saying 'the Dali Lami is just some doode'. He's not, not in the tibetan religion anyway, he's an incarnation of the buddha.

Have you read any of the 'Left Behind' books?

I haven't read any of them, have only seen parts of the kirk cameron movies, but i have to say, imagine if there was a movie about the Mahdi comming back and ripping the heads off of christians and jews, and that has jesus as a muslim prophet who casts the christians into hell, and glorifies the wrath and destruction of a vengeful allah, wipping out the wicked.

People'd burn downt the theatres, block the Channel, and beat up any muslims lining up to see it.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

To blame it on Muslims and some insanely over-blown idea of
them wanting to destroy christianity with a fictional movie, is just plain ridiculous.

I suspect that flyersfan is being very speculative on the matter though.

THIS is what I said MY opinion on this is -
I think it's just a case of a smart business guy making a ton of money.
(or probably will make a ton of money when the movie is out for a while).

I'm just bringing to you the discussion that is out there.
That's all. Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Except for the fact that it attacks the foundation of christianity. It presents jesus as 'just this guy', who was nice. Whereas christianity is that he was God incarnate.

I still have yet to understand this. Sorry if you've explained it before (maybe you could give me a link?). But why does marrying and having children necessarily take away from Jesus' divinity? Why does it necessarily mean he was 'just some dude'? Could he not still have been just as impactful, divine and an incarnation if he had married and fathered children?

I mean, he had to eat, he bled, he got angry, he wept, he loved, he had bodily functions (I'm assuming - although that's not in the bible either) he was a man. What is it about marriage and fathering children that so defines him as a common man? Why does that particular trait bring him down to the level of 'dude'?

What is it about marriage and children than sullies a person from being divine? Surely the lack of a family is not what made him "Jesus". That's not the only difference between him and common man. He would still have been the son of God, he would still have performed miracles, he would still have died for man's salvation... That's what makes him Jesus. NOT whether or not he had a family. What about family would make him unfit to fulfill his destiny?

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Sure. It's the same freedom of speech that should be protecting
the danish cartoonists. If people want to make statements that
insult religions in the media or in the motion picture business or
whereever ... it's their right to do so. If people want to make
movies that blow apart Islam or Catholicism it's their right to
do so. But .. don't be surprised at people being upset.

You think Christians should kill this Muslim? What are you talking about?

Oh goodness EB ...

Of course not. I don't know how you got that. I was speculating and
wondering out loud if we would see anything towards this man like we
saw towards the Danish cartoonists. Don't make that into more than
it was.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What about family would make him unfit to fulfill his destiny?

Unfit? No, I don't think it would make him unfit.
Evangelicals are upset with that because it is unscriptural.
Catholics are upset with ... well .. blowing apart Catholicism
and Sacred Tradition which is held dear.

You hit at the heart of why Christ came to earth.
God sent Him to earth to die for our sins. He had a mission.
A wife and children would have taken away from that mission.
He wouldn't have had time for them and the sacred mission.

It think all that's being discussed on the 'jesus wife and kids'
thread.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It think all that's being discussed on the 'jesus wife and kids'
thread.

Sorry, you're right. But it ISN'T being answered. I'm there, I can't get an answer...
Opinions are offered, but I don't feel my question is being answered. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Carry on.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
How odd.

I would think that the Islam critics would know that Jesus is part of that religion too.

Muslims join Da Vinci criticism
Roman Catholics in the Indian city of Mumbai (Bombay) have received Muslim support in protests against the release of the movie, The Da Vinci Code.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Muslims in Azerbaijan protest 'Da Vinci Code'
Muslim leaders in Azerbaijan called for protests against the film "The Da Vinci Code" Tuesday, saying the film version of the best-selling book insulted all believers.

Orthodox Christians and Muslims Protest Da Vinci Code Premiere
Russia’s leading religions demand banning The Da Vinci Code by Ron Howard. The Union of Orthodox Citizens staged “a praying rally” by the Pushkinsky movie theater Thursday. The Committee for Spiritual Revival of Russia, Chechnya’s council of muftis and the Central Spiritual Board of Russian Muslims have called on authorities and prosecutors to outlaw the movie. Muslims’ worldwide protests against the screen version have been so far the most radical.

Muslim parties ask Christians to protest 'Da Vinci Code'
slamabad: Conservative Muslim political parties like Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) and Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) have urged Christian leaders in Pakistan to protest the release of "The Da Vinci Code".

More?
Okay I'll do two more. One from the "Christian News" and one from Canada.

Da Vinci Code Unites Christians & Muslims in India Protests
Christian groups in India have found solace in their Islamic counterparts in protests against the release of The Da Vinci Code movie across the country. An influential organisation of Indian Muslim clerics have vowed to help Christian groups launch protests if the country’s authorities did not ban the screening of the controversial film, Monday 15th May 2006.

Muslims plan Da Vinci boycott
The Da Vinci Code, set to open in theatres next week, is a betrayal of Islam and should be boycotted, a Calgary Muslim leader says.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Have you read any of the 'Left Behind' books?

I haven't. I've heard much about them and very little interests me.

I'm not going to get into another argument of semantics queenannie, what I'm saying is Jesus isn't "just man" per the following:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

"No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

Relevant quotes from John 1:1-15. No need to interpret, it's pretty clear. It's not out of context, read the whole chapter to verify.

To answer your question, those who believe in God and accept His son (per John 3:16) has eternal life, this is certain. However, the epistles do warn of falling away. Jesus tells a parable of a seed growing among thorns. Paul tells us to guard our spirits. 1 John advises us not to listen to false teachers. Etc. etc. etc.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
saint4God: what about any other argument than bible verses ?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikePhil
saint4God: what about any other argument than bible verses ?

The rest is personal experience and testimony, none of which anyone cares to hear either. Queenannie wants to discuss using the Bible, thus the quotes. My initial post here has no Bible quotes. Convenient how that was overlooked. Unless I have a half-cocked "ooh and ahh" unsubstantiated hypothesis, it gets little play here.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But it ISN'T being answered. I'm there, I can't get an answer...

I don't think there IS an answer. It's one of those questions you'll
have to ask God when you see Him at the end of your life.
I don't think any of us know the answer.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Oh sweetie .. you didn't. Don't worry about it.
Everything is fine.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I would think that the Islam critics would know that Jesus is part of that religion too.

WOW umbrax.
Those were EXCELLENT finds. Kinda puts the
American complainers/conspirators about Islam having a dark
reason for backing DaVinci to bed, eh?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I like this editorial cartoon. Hit's the nail on the head.

www.indystar.com.../20060519/OPINION02/305190002/1093

Christianity bashing, like Bush Bashing, is in vogue. It's the cool, sophmoric, MTV thing to do for many mental midgets(and I'm not a Christian). It's too bad many christians get upset about and just don't laugh it off as the work of weak and greedy minds that it is.

It's easy to just laugh the low-brows away. The movie is fiction so who cares but it does try to play itself off as being factual.

No one wants something they hold in high regard like their religious beliefs to be slandered. Some just choose not spend their money on the slander, others choose to riot, protest, and issue death threats.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to see which group is more civilized.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Apoc]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Saw it. Enjoyed it. Evokes thoughtful reflection. What's wrong with that?

Where does the Bible proclaim that Christ was not married, was not a sexual being, did not have a wife, children, or that Mary Magdelene was a whore? Got any verses? Or is that just reading between the lines? If those were important considerations regarding Christ's divinity, why would the Bible be silent about them?

The Bible omits mention of where Christ was and what he did during most of the years of his life. Does that mean he wasn't alive during those years?

Put your dogma aside for a moment and think logically about these issues.

[edit on 5/22/2006 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I saw the movie yesterday, i thought it was great. The only people complaining are religious loonies and fans who read the book and went in with certain expectations. No movie can ever be a true representation of the book it's based on due to time constraints and other factors so get over it people. What's with all the Muslim hating? Have you lost interest in attacking the Jews?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
The Bible omits mention of where Christ was and what he did during most of the years of his life. Does that mean he wasn't alive during those years?

Read the book of Luke. You don't even have to read it all the way through, just the first few chapters will do.

There were points brought up as to why he could not be married, do you have any points as to why he could? Care to address the points as to why he could not be married?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

According to this report it is a British Muslim who mostly
financially backed the DaVinci movie.

Muslim, huh?
You know it's funny, but I was thinking about this the other day.......but "Muslim" never occured to me.....I was thinking more of the Jew bigwigs that pretty much have monopoloized Hollywood. We saw how Jewish Hollywood reacted to "The Passion".........I'm sure there is a Jewish contingent out there glad to see Christ name smeared by "The DaVinci Code". If there is a conspiracy behind this movie I can't see it being Muslim, as most of the higher ups in Hollywood are Jewish and we know how Arabs and Jews get along.........not!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just a book.....the bible is just a book too.

There is alot of money to be made thats why.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Just a book.....the bible is just a book too.

No, the Bible is not "just a book". It truthfully has God says in it many times. It also can be tested and validated by the individual.

Originally posted by imbalanced
There is alot of money to be made thats why.

How much money did Christ make from his?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
No, the Bible is not "just a book". It truthfully has God says in it many times. It also can be tested and validated by the individual.

Care to provide any proof of that? I thought not, there is no proof that anything mentioned in the bible actaully happened much less any proof whatsoever that jesus or god actually exist.

please feel free to prove me wrong but I doubt you will find any evidence whatsoever

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join