It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Jeeves, coffee with that peppermint schnapps, please.

MB, I cannot help but believe that this person's "theme" for her Life involved being a "mother". I truly believe that the main players in the current chapter of her "story" revolve around this theme. I told her this and she agreed.

The strange, or, really, normal, thing about this is that all this does not involve any church dogma whatsoever. It goes beyond dogma, keeps on going where dogma stops, is part of the larger Universe of Reality in which we live, of which life is a part.

Her and my church upbringings disallows for any thought beyond dogma. Dogma keeps people at the Spiritual level of a child, believing in crazy stuff, just like teaching and encouraging children to believe in Santa Claus. Sure, childhood can be fun with these ideas, but eventually our bodies and minds must grow.

Actually, her case has an aspect to it of, involves, mental illness and the need for a strict religious dogma to both reign in, control, an otherwise "out of control" behavior, and also to use that dogma to forgive and be forgiven for the results of one's abusive behaviour (whether that behavior is abusing oneself/others).

The "dark side" (defined by a church) here is not that of people being able to have contact with the "other side", but rather that of the dark side of severe mental illness and human nature, life on "this side".

lol It turns out that I have chosen to "cloister" myself in this town, so I enjoy knowing others live in what I consider places conducive to enhancing our Spirituality. Places like Sedona, Big Sur, Santa Fe, etc. It is a blessing for me to know you are there, and I send blessings in return.

Well, the brain arrived, just not at our doorstep...but at the units in back of us! Even tho the package was clearly labeled correctly, the online tracking showed it left at the wrong address...and even then it was at the address NEXT door to it! Oh, the Christmas rush for temporary drivers! On Donner, on Blitzen, on ScrewUp, on DumbAss!

Ok, so I was a trifle disappointed that "the brain" didn't look like a cute rounded device but instead like a large hard drive. But, hey, our mechanic said he will install it today...Sunday!...and so the possibility exists that we will celebrate Christmas in the desert. Hopefully, we can drive to the shop tomorrow to pick up our truck. I told MrD to just hand over our credit card to pay the bill and not even look at the bill. We'll cry later.

Oops...what's this?...oh, oh, I think I sat on one of Spira's decorated cookies. Spira, so how did the decorating go? What kind(s) of cookies did you decorate and what did the decorations look like? Any dragees? I love that word and decoration.

Whaaa, are you decorating your home for the holidays? If so, with what?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Motorcycle Boy

I understand the Lounge Noir. There is only one rule and the rule is: No Rules! I get that.

the boys do seem to love their mayhem

*sits quietly drinking his tequila and watching CNN on the nice new 42" LCD*

how long has that been here?

don't forget the jukebox MB - there's been a lot of good times come out of that thing

and not everyone knows how to make it work...

[edit on 12/20/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Iv'e never been to a sweat lodge myself but the QOP says that it is quite therapeutic and gets rid of a lot of body toxins.

I have whaaa - but it was a while ago - it was also in Arizona - but not Sedona - Canyon De Chelly

one of the most beautiful places I have ever been - ever

I was almost drowned in a river later that very same night - completely my own fault

it usually is :-)

What a fine group of humanists we have here at LN. I have a feeling that ole St. Nick is going to be especially generous this year to all the good boys and girls that frequent LN. Hey Desert, Spiram, is that mistletoe I see over there? Care to get.......festive?

I also love all the funny humanists whaaa - and here's to a brand spanking new truly wonderful New Year for everyone - everyone

are you sure that's mistletoe whaaa? it's dark in here - and I haven't seen that bat for a while...

no matter - sometimes it pays to be one of two gals here at Lounge Noir - right desert?

desert...?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

oh - there you are :-)

....believing in crazy stuff, just like teaching and encouraging children to believe in Santa Claus. Sure, childhood can be fun with these ideas, but eventually our bodies and minds must grow....

desert - what is this you're saying about Santa? you can't really mean...?

...and so the possibility exists that we will celebrate Christmas in the desert.

:-) Christmas in the desert - very nice

Oops...what's this?...oh, oh, I think I sat on one of Spira's decorated cookies. Spira, so how did the decorating go?

well, as you can plainly see - they aren't any worse looking for having been sat on - that should explain everything :-)

What kind(s) of cookies did you decorate and what did the decorations look like?

sugar and gingerbread - and they looked like a lot of colors in a very small space - though they got better looking after a couple glasses of wine - and easier to do too! :-)

I can only wonder about how they might look this morning...I should call and find out

Any dragees? I love that word and decoration.

I had to look that up - didn't know they had a name :-)

and - no! couldn't find any - I LOVE those - haven't found any for a while - was beginning to wonder if they'd been banned by the FDA

[edit on 12/20/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah, that jukebox has been silent for awhile. Maybe MB can get it to play. We need music here, too.

Hey, Spira!
Here's that cookie I sat on. Could you re-ice it...and add lots of dragees?

Yes, whaaa, that is mistletoe. But it's attached to the oak limb that's growing through the roof! Look, we all need to pay our tabs here, people...that or get new members in so they can pay our tabs. We have incurred capital expenses now. We need to call in both an arborist and a roofer. Plus, it sounds like we could use a swear...oops, I meant sweat... lodge here, too.

No rules. You know, maybe that's why I come here. I know this will sound strange, but one of my subscriptions is for Free Inquiry, as well as being a member of the Noetic Institute. Go figure. No, don't bother. Just enjoy. But don't do harm while you're enjoying. Otherwise we might incur more capital expenses.

Ok, gotta say toodle-oo! Hey, I've never said that here before. Anyway, MrD and I are going to drive to the part of the desert where we store our trailer. We can't wait to see it again, plus bring out a load of clothes and other stuff. MrD will drive, as I try to figure out how the radio works.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
psssssst....whaaa.....could you do me a huge favor?....I accidentally told Spira that Santa was not real....could you use your acting skills and dress up in this Santa suit and act like Santa? You know, put her on your lap under this mistletoe, say a few "Ho, ho, ho!!''s and ask her what she wants for Christmas...no, on second thought, not under the mistletoe....I'll give her a couple glasses of wine, she'll think you're Santa....Once again, Christmas is saved! Yes, Virginia, there is a whaaa! God bless us, Every One!

Well, the trailer survived the 50+ mph winds and all is well. As soon as our mechanic pronounces the truck fixed, we will pack up and head out. About three Christmases ago, we camped at the mouth of a canyon; the winds were gusting to 95 mph. I could feel the trailer lift up and down on its springs, and just knew we would have to go out in the morning to pick our a/c and vents off the desert floor. To our surprise, all was well. Unfortunately, when we moved to another area, we found several awnings and gazebo skeletons scattered around.

This year I will put about 50+ votive candle luminarias around our site, either at Christmas or New Years. We will celebrate the evening sitting by a campfire under the stars. We will see the lights of the city 12 miles away, and the lights of our nearest neighbor 2 miles away. Yes, we will...we must...celebrate a New Year to fill with wonder. L'chaim!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

OK desert I think I can pull this off for you........

Hey! Spira! come on over here and give old Santy a little sugar.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Happy Holidays to everyone in the lounge and anynone who has ever visited..or thought of visiting. Also to those who have never considered it and those who don't know this place exists.

RoboMeisters for everyone and it's on Mr. Penny...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Santa! What are you doing here drinking a RoboMeister? You're supposed to be out delivering gifts. And even if it means we're still not getting presents, we're still not cleaning up all the reindeer poop on the roof this year due to your extended stop here! Hey, is that a peppermint stick in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

.....oh, for heaven's sake, why, it's just you, whaaa! hohoho....boy. did I get fooled....again....damn, same thing happens every year here....better not have a RoboMeister....thanks anyway, MotorcycleBoy..or Mr.Penny...

Spira, I crocheted you a Snuggie to keep you warm. I didn't have time to rip it out and start over, so I figure that extra arm is good for a cat or small dog to snuggle next to you.

MB, that was some right nice sentiments you expressed. Truly, truly.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Santa! you're really real - I knew it. Better late than never I guess - everyone needs a little sugar now and then. :-)

But why are you still here - hanging out at Lounge Noir?

we know why we're still here

Spira, I crocheted you a Snuggie to keep you warm. I didn't have time to rip it out and start over, so I figure that extra arm is good for a cat or small dog to snuggle next to you.

no - the extra arm is good desert - how did you know?

I can only hope that my snuggie is plaid :-)

(can plaid be crocheted?)

and yes MB - that was real nice

so, from this side of Christmas - a very Happy New Year to you all

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh, no, no, Spira, why no one here knew about your extra arm. ...... **desert to self----Jeez, Spira, we've only all seen you deftly wield two glasses of sherry and a buffet platter. And it seems to always take you twice as long to shake hands with new members here. Whatever would have made us think you had an extra arm??**

Say, Spira, if you've enjoyed the Christmas festivities around here, then you'll need to join us for our New Year's celebration. You're familiar with Dickens's A Christmas Carol with all its ghosts, well, here at Lounge Noir we have the ghosts of New Years past show up.

Robert Burns shows up to give us a reading of his poem, Auld Lang Syne. Guy Lombardo returns with his haunting band tunes. Last year, Dick Clark showed up, but one of us, I can't remember who, realized he wasn't dead yet, so we asked him to leave. And other famous spectres make their appearance. Of course, Phil can't be here for another 19 years or so, but Arlen might drop by he said.

Oh, and we like to keep the lights low, better to see the ghosts. So, if you hear an unintelligible whisper close to your ear, feel a tug on your hair or blouse, or feel an icy hand on your thigh, just tell whaaa you're not interested...unless you are, that is...He, being the gentleman he is, will respect your request. Afterall, this is a classy joint.

And speaking of whaaa, he's given some mighty fine movie reviews around here. He's inspired me to give my first ever review. I shall review my dvd, A Snowglobe Christmas. .....

If you're a sucker for all things Christmas, like I am, then whatever I am about to tell you will not stop you from buying this dvd. Here's the warning that should be on the label: Skip the loop and go directly to the Behind the Scenes and How the Snowglobe Was Invented!!

It would be better to sit staring at the lovely globes on the cover, shaking the box even if you want, while listening to the dvd music, then to sit watching it on tv, trying to guess what is in those swirling dervishes of white. You can't see a darn thing! You can only guess what is being engulfed by the Snowstorms of the Century!

Yes, you'll experience the wonders of the season, wondering if what you're looking at is a seagull flying by carrying a large piece of fresh crab meat it found, or is a hamburger on a pole, or is George Washington at Valley Forge.. And what's with the sailboat nestled among Tyrolean chalets, against a backdrop of the Alps? And, whatever you do, don't let children see this; the Santas are horrific looking creatures, one even seeming to be playing in the fiery depths of Hell.

This is one dvd where a sequel can only be better. Would I recommend buying it? Yes, because no self respecting holidayphile should be without it. Would I give it as a gift? Yes, this holiday travesty should be regifted next year.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hippitty happitty, what's happening?

It' cold out...
I
Go to
Gym now...

Peace out...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by The Motorcycle Boy]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Oh, no, no, Spira, why no one here knew about your extra arm. ....Whatever would have made us think you had an extra arm??

:-) some of us mistakenly believe that certain things about our selves are invisible

silly me - of course you noticed - making my new snuggie just that much more special

here at Lounge Noir we have the ghosts of New Years past show up.

well - the singing ghosts are a personal favorite - and there are so many fine singing ghosts to choose from - so I'll be there with bells on

seriously - I have the bells

Last year, Dick Clark showed up, but one of us, I can't remember who, realized he wasn't dead yet, so we asked him to leave.

:-)

so desert - you and your Mister inching your way any closer to the desert? I have some luminarias in my imagination that need to be lit

happy day before the day before the new year everyone...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hello everyone from the gift that keeps on giving.

Does that mean I constantly am regifting myself?

A New Year and a new nick. Nick nack patty wack give the dog a bone...this old man is going home!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi, Motorcycle Boy! Hope you're keeping warm.
MMMMMMMWWU..there's my traditional New Year's kiss to you.....

I totally agree with you, Spira, about physical self-perception. Look at these "cozies" I'm knitting for the guys here, for when they could use a little extra warmth, like right after a shower on a cold winter night, or right after a hot sauna followed by a roll in the snow. I asked them how long I should make these, and of course they said "10 inches!!" Yeah, right. As you can see, I made the length according to reality, but I will tell the guys, "Here's your 10 inch cozy!"

Well, MrD is a very wise man....a wise ass, too, sometimes....so I share with you his latest saying. Oh, I preface it with the fact that we will NOT be out in the desert for New Years, as the latest on the truck is, "The brain works, but the signals are still off." ......

"The only thing that's a mystery should be your God and your faith, not your mechanic."

I'm thinking now how lovely my luminarias will look at Spring solstice.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

As you can see, I made the length according to reality, but I will tell the guys, "Here's your 10 inch cozy!"

:-)

and to this I raise my auxiliary sherry arm in a toast: to a universe full of possibility

cheers!

I'm thinking now how lovely my luminarias will look at Spring solstice.

keep the dream alive desert - just 3 more months...

(less!!!)

[edit on 12/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hey, everyone
!! I just found this hermaphroditicaly sealed envelope under the buffet table. Someone from ATS must have accidentally dropped it here on a visit. It says, "Prophecies for 2010". What could be in it??

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oops, did I say "hermaphroditicaly"? I meant "hermitically" sealed. Yes, the Mute Monks of the Order of St. Quietus, who take a vow of silence, earn money for their habits by sealing important envelopes. No loose lips there. So that's why, for example, we never know who the Oscar winner is before the pronouncement, "And the winner is....!!"

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Oops, did I say "hermaphroditicaly"? I meant "hermitically" sealed. Yes

either or - I appreciate the specificity :-)

open it desert!

no - wait - let's guess...

will be fun next New Years Eve to reminisce - I hope :-)

(meanwhile - looks to be a brilliant year ahead for me - already spelled two tricky words by myself - without spell-check)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hello all and Happy New Year. I started my day with a mountain bike ride in the show. Great time!

Peace,

-TMB

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join