It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Motorcycle Boy

hey and Happy Holidays to you too MB

glad to see you - don't stay away too long

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Good morning, everyone!!

Oh, I see MrP has stocked the buffet with Laughing Cow and Bonne Bell. Good. It wouldn't be Christmas without baby cheeses.

Jeeves, a little egg nog, please, and don't go easy on the nutmeg.

Well, guess where I am today...yes, at home again! But our mechanic had MrD bring the stock chip to the shop to calibrate some voltages, so maybe all this electrical work is coming to an end. I have this picture in my mind of Dr. Frankenstein working on our truck, with our truck springing to life. Really, there are "brains" in vehicles now.

So, being as how we're home, I decided to have MrD bring all the boxes of Christmas decorations upstairs, so I can make this place look Christmas cheery. Haven't put up decorations here for years now. Spira, last year I resorted to putting up a vinyl stick-on tree on the wall, because my son was going to visit. He humored me by helping to peel the trims off the sheet and placing them on the tree, like a giant Colorform project.

MrD called me to the window to point out that our neighbors seemed to be moving, as there was a pickup with plastic bins on the ground around it. I said, "Look again, honey. Those boxes are red and green. That poor husband had to go out in the rain to the storage place to retrieve all his wife's decorations. You are lucky you only had to go to the garage."

Since the first step is realizing there is a problem, I have made the decision to pare down my decorations this year. I will offer them first to a co-worker, who has her home on one of those Holiday Home Tours. (She rents a storage space.) Whatever she doesn't want, I'll drop off at a thrift store; someone else will be happy with them. Imagine, my sons wouldn't be happy with them, but some stranger will...God bless strangers! Maybe I should celebrate Hanukkah instead; certainly I could fit those decorations in one box.

Jeeves, more egg nog. And don't go lightly on the rum.

And MB, you just continue to visit when you can.

Love, peace and blessings to you all!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

hey there desert - good to hear from you

lets not forget the Gouda :-) not Christmas at our house without it

also - onion dip :-)

welcome home - good luck with the truck (again)

hopefully your mechanic isn't clumsy: www.youtube.com...

Since the first step is realizing there is a problem, I have made the decision to pare down my decorations this year.

I would love to see your house fully decorated - with everything you got

bring on the heavy artillery I say - if you're really going to do it

I'm going to put a bell on my door

...Whatever she doesn't want, I'll drop off at a thrift store; someone else will be happy with them. Imagine, my sons wouldn't be happy with them, but some stranger will...God bless strangers!

a fine idea - and I really like that - yes - God bless strangers

[edit on 12/12/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh, horrors, Spira! You mean I could end up with an evil truck, like Christine?? lol Up till now, the clumsiest mechanic I've ever had kept leaving wrenches on the top of the engine.

Well, I managed to whittle away two tubs of decorations. Not much. One of them must go to my sons, as it holds some homemade (my ex-inlaws) stuff and a few special items that either the boys would remember from their childhood or belonged to my parents.

If anyone is interested, Lounge Noir will have a special holiday dinner Thursday. Everyone is welcome to eat borscht while listening to Russian carols sung by the Lenin Sisters.

Jeeves, a peppermint mocha to go, please. Oh, and Jeeves, make sure we have plenty of Gouda and onion dip on hand.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I love the linin sisters.

www.youtube.com...

Jack Frost nipping and all that there....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Everyone have their Christmas trees up?

i61.photobucket.com...

Just needs to be decorated.

I know that picture is crappy. Apparently I forgot how to take a picture. I'll get a better on when it's finished.

[edit on 12/14/09 by enjoies05]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5d56a0da4ce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thats a beautiful tree Enjoys05. What kind is it?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
enjoies, what a beautifully decorated, perfect Christmas tree! I love it! And I love the pine scent inside the house from a real tree. enjoies, you keep Christmas well.

Voyager
Stick around for all the festivities here. Now that enjoies has graciously donated the Christmas tree to Lounge Noir, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Speaking of which...whaaa, I think you meant The Lemon Sisters. Although they sing with zest and hit the C's well, the other notes are always sour. I also think they've dressed a little too tart.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Hi enjoies!!

Just a quick hello as I have to get back to the grind.

Peace, etc.....

- The Motorcycle Boy rules!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hi, Motorcycle Boy! You seem like a decent fellow, so I would like you to expound on your Motorcycle Boy Rules. Could I lead a better life following your rules, or should I come up with my own rules? Plus, I don't own a motorcycle, so would I be able to still live by the Motorcycle Boy Rules?

Well, it turned out that MrD does not have a brain. Actually, it is somewhere between here and another state. As soon as he gets his new brain, we will take it to our mechanic, who has assured us that our truck problems will be over...except for a couple more little "adjustments". And, Spira, I will personally inspect MrD's new brain, to make sure it is not stamped "AB Normal".

Ok, speaking of vehicles having brains, I took MrD to shop for a new car, as we finally were made to realize that it is foolish to hang onto my 22 year old Jeep when our only other vehicle was a truck without a brain still in the shop.

I am now the owner of a new Chevy HHR! Vehicles nowadays have more than "bells and whistles". I haven't come up with the exact word to add to "bells, whistles, and .... ." For example, upon arriving home with it, our car had already sent us an email telling us all systems were working. I don't yet know whether to be happy or scared. I feel like some ancient ancestor poking around at fire for the first time. I guess my ancestor was more happily excited at his/her discovery and didn't run away in fear and thus kept the lineage going. I guess I will be happily excited, too, and not feel intimidated by my new machine. Welcome to the 21st century!

Today someone is coming to look at the Jeep, which still runs good but is old and tired. Apparently he desperately needs a vehicle to commute to work. Considering the area I live in and the Spirit of the Holidays, MrD and I decided to let him have it for $200, the cost of the new tires we just had to have put on. Life has a way of working things out; if we had done the cash for clunker thing, the Jeep would not have been available for this person.

Well, I will share more later.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I think I could sit in the dark and stare at that forever

or until it's taken down - whichever comes first

just beautiful - smell nice in there?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Well, it turned out that MrD does not have a brain.

:-)

I'm sure he has many other fine qualities desert

Actually, it is somewhere between here and another state. As soon as he gets his new brain, we will take it to our mechanic, who has assured us that our truck problems will be over...

ahhhhh.....my mistake

well, I lift my glass - to your brand new old truck!

And, Spira, I will personally inspect MrD's new brain, to make sure it is not stamped "AB Normal".

I still say - sometimes plan B is the funner plan :-)

I haven't come up with the exact word to add to "bells, whistles, and .... ."

...a disturbing level of self awareness?

Life has a way of working things out; if we had done the cash for clunker thing, the Jeep would not have been available for this person.

true - and now your beloved jeep is more than just a clunker

so desert - do you bake?

I don't - but I do decorate - and tomorrow I will be decorating dozens and dozens - and dozens - of cookies

apparently :-)

I hope I can stay inside the lines

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

That's beautiful...........

Can I come live at your house? I promise to be good and clean up my messes.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Hi, Motorcycle Boy! You seem like a decent fellow, so I would like you to expound on your Motorcycle Boy Rules. Could I lead a better life following your rules, or should I come up with my own rules? Plus, I don't own a motorcycle, so would I be able to still live by the Motorcycle Boy Rules?

Who said I was decent? They're lying. You misunderstand the "rules" part. The Motorcycle Boy rules as in being in charge....

Peace!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh, yes, yes, of course, MB! I am glad to know that you have no rules for us to follow here. Continue on with your indecency here....unless of course it is indecent exposure....then you have to put $1 in this jar. Speaking of..whaaa, I think you owe us some cash, eh....time to pay up...we do have an upcoming holiday party to pay for.

Wow, Spira, maybe we could cut expenses here for the upcoming holiday party, if I bake the cookies and you decorate. I DO love to bake but find my decorating leaves much to be desired. My sons always mistook my Christmas Santa and tree cookies for either Cookie Monster or some Power Ranger. I tell ya though, I can outbake Martha Stewart. I could do things with my 6 qt Kitchenaid Mixmaster, with copper whipping bowl even, that would make your head spin faster than the beater. Sadly, the MixMaster stayed with my ex. It probably ended up in one of his garage sales, selling for $5. Sad.

Ok, the Jeep is sold, and was that guy ever happy to get it! The town I live in has one zip code, which covers the 6,000 sq ft. home of the millionaire as well as the bridge which is the home for the mother and her child (whom she sends to school each day, because she knows there he will be fed and taken care of). If MrD hadn't been helped initially by that particular young car salesperson (who knew the guy desperately needed to buy a cheap used car), if we hadn't ended up returning to buy from him (and making his bad day better), if we hadn't been able to buy that particular model (had the larger engine, which is hard to find but we had preferred), then this guy wouldn't have been able to buy, and I would have been stuck with it, trying to sell it myself, which I hate doing.

More to share later. Gets more interesting.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I understand the Lounge Noir. There is only one rule and the rule is: No Rules! I get that.

Okay....it's after 9:00am and so not too early to drink. Barkeep, I'll have a shot of cuervo 1800 and leave the bottle. Give me a bunch of chunks of lime as well.....

If my wife can turn the house into a winery, I certainly can get cocked whenever I want.....

*sits quietly drinking his tequila and watching CNN on the nice new 42" LCD*

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Say, MB, you DO exude quality and good taste. That's great, 'cause we are a classy joint. BTW have you ever ridden your motorcycle to Sedona, Arizona? My sister told me today that she and my b-i-l will go to some place that I thought she said was Los Abogados but is Los Abrigados. Ahh, reminds me of the time I stayed in a hotel in Guadalajara, which I thought was Las Pulgas but was probably Las Pulgadas.

Anyway...I had something interesting happen yesterday that blew my mind. While listening to a woman relate a deeply intense, emotional experience she's going through, I suddenly told her that I had a picture in my mind of her in a boxing ring with her coach/trainer/sparring partner preparing her for a world championship, and just as she would be victorious in a match, she would be victorious with this situation.

Trust me, this person has no hint of tomboy or sports about her. I thought to myself what a silly analogy, but I felt that I had to convey this image to her that she would get through this, that she has been "trained" by what she has already had to put up with in life.

She then said that I didn't know this, but as a child her father and grandfather had taught her to box, in order to be able to defend herself growing up in a rough neighborhood and with her brothers. I told her that I think her (deceased) father and grandfather are watching out for her now in her situation, they're still "coaching" her, helping her to be "victorious". She said she thinks so, too.

The thing is, it all seemed so normal, to get this "image" and relate the words to her. It just happened.

Hey, the HHR OnStar is on the rear view mirror, so I'm afraid someday I will adjust the mirror and accidentally set it off. A voice will come on and ask if there's been an accident, and I'll have to say, "Yes! My hair!!".

Jeeves, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, please.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Desert....I love that story and believe in all that stuff. Yes I have ridden my motorcycle around Sedona. Quite a bit actually...very spiritual place and very beautiful.

- The Motorcycle Boy Rules!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Motorcycle Boy

Sedona is a very spiritual place! My spirits were always raised when I used to get a fat check from my Gallery in Telacapaqui; alas they went down in back in the late 90s. And from what I understand your spirits can be unleashed in some groovy sweat lodge rituals. Iv'e never been to a sweat lodge myself but the QOP says that it is quite therapeutic and gets rid of a lot of body toxins.

What a fine group of humanists we have here at LN. I have a feeling that ole St. Nick is going to be especially generous this year to all the good boys and girls that frequent LN. Hey Desert, Spiram, is that mistletoe I see over there? Care to get.......festive?

[edit on 20-12-2009 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join