It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey, TMB. Hey, Spira. Hey, whaaa...wherever you are...which isn't here....but I send you greetings anyway. Happy 2010!

Ohhhhhhhh, the hungover humanity. Actually, I stayed up till midnight, then was up at 5:30 to start watching parades on tv. Then went back to bed after the last float, band, equestrian group, or whatever it was at the end of the parade.

Say, TMB, I think my ears are still ringing in the New Year from all the gunfire, fireworks, and fire crackers going off in Loung Noir at midnight, so I thought you said you road your mountain bike in the "show", or did you say "snow"? What did you see on your ride? I'll bet that ride was invigorating.

Very good on your spelling, Spira! Yes, I hope it portends a good year!

About the future. Hmmmmmm, now I'm not so sure I want to open the envelope. Yes, let's just guess, and open it a year from now.

So, I predict... that neckties will start to fall out of fashion, to be replaced by a Chinese style collar, like Jackie Chan wore on the float today. Afterall, a billion Chinese, especially becoming a bigger player on the world scene, could just be what it takes to set fashion on course to start dressing more like StarTrek. Mao caps never caught on in a big way, but that was before China had world standing. Oh, good lord, I hope it is China and not India....not a return of the Nehru jacket!!

Ok, who's next with another prediction?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

So, I predict... that neckties will start to fall out of fashion, to be replaced by a Chinese style collar, like Jackie Chan wore on the float today. Afterall, a billion Chinese, especially becoming a bigger player on the world scene, could just be what it takes to set fashion on course to start dressing more like StarTrek

I was kinda wishing it would be the pajamas that would catch on

all pajamas - all the time...

a girl can dream can't she?

:-)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow, haven't been here for a few days, but all the holiday decorations have been put away. Sweet. We need to put up the Valentine's Day decorations, as the stores had theirs out Jan 2, before all the marked down holiday decor could be shoved to one side.

Another prediction. A food replicator will be able to replicate food finally. Of course, the only part of the hamburger they could replicate so far is the E-coli. Chicken will be found to replicate easier, but it will taste like tofu.

Well, we gave up on believing the truck would be fixed any day soon, so we have instead taken the new car out for a drive. On Wednesday, we drove threw the Sierra foothills, even getting surrounded by a cattle drive being drove down the road. I tell you, those cows stopped and looked at us, but with eyes so blank. Your steak is getting dumber with each generation. I'm sure when I was a girl, cows were smarter. Maybe the cows here are happy, but they sure are stupid, or is it herd mentality?

Today we're on the coast. Went walking on the beach and came across a group standing around looking at a fishing boat that had accidentally grounded itself on the beach last night. The personnel were pumping out the fuel, and a local news crew was there filming the boat.

I'll bet anything that the owner was following a new talking navigation system, like the one in cars now, and it told him, erroneously but in that soothing female voice, "You are on course to enter the harbor. Your dock is 300 yards away straight ahead."

Jeeves, an afternoon latte, please.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I hope this evening finds everyone well and fine. Everyone at work is heading to the fitness centers to try to lose the extra pounds they put on over the holidays. whaaa, I hope you have not gained any weight and continue to look your handsome self, because I don't think Lounge Noir needs a fatwa. ..... desert falls off her barstool ..... everyone else just groans....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Frederick by Patti Smith (actually the Patti Smith Group...although I don't know the names of any of the other members of the band)..

hi hello wake from thy sleep
God has given your soul to keep
all of the power that burns in the flame
ignites the light in a single name

Frederick name of care
fast asleep in a room somewhere
guardian angels [line a bed]
shed their light on my sleepy head

I am a threshold yearning to sing
down with the the dancers having one last fling
here's to the moment when you said hello
come on my spirit are you ready let's go

hi hi hey hey
maybe I will come back some day now
but tonight on the wings of a dove
up above to the land of love

now I lay me down to sleep
pray the Lord my soul to keep
kiss to kiss breath to breath
my soul surrenders astonished to death

night of wonder for us to keep
set our sails channel [out] deep
after the rapture two hearts meet
mine entwined in a single beat

Frederick you're the one
as we journey from sun to sun
all the dreams I waited so long for
fly tonight so long so long

bye bye hey hey
maybe we will come back some day now
up above to the land of love

Frederick name of care
high above in sky that's clear
all the things I've been dreamin' of
are expressed in this name of love

bye bye hey hey
maybe we will come back some day now
up above . . .

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Bartender, please serve me a berry smoothie, a shrimp, lobster, and steak dinner, a steak buritto, and a wanton soup.

I'm hungry.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hey, half the buffet food is gone...eaten...there's only one person around here who can do that! Russian Soldier!! Yay!
Good to see you!

TMB, that song is good....good....

I'm gonna spin another one ... well, can't use that phrase anymore ... songs don't play from spin anymore ... haven't for awhile .... anyway

Led Zeppelin ..... When The Levee Breaks lyrics

If it keeps on raining levee's going to break
If it keeps on raining levee's going to break
When the levee breaks have no place to stay

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan
Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan
Got what it takes to make a Mountain Man leave his home

Oh, well; oh, well; oh, well.

Don't it make you feel bad?
When you're trying to find your way home you don't know which way to go?
When you're going down south and there's no work to do
And you're going on to Chicago

Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good
Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to go

All last night sat on the levee and moaned
All last night sat on the levee and moaned
Thinking about my baby and my happy home

Going - going to Chicago
Going to Chicago
Sorry, but I can't take you

Going down - going down, now
Going down
Going down
Going down
Going down

Going down
Going dow-, dow-, dow-, dow-, down, now

I love singin' that one out in the desert. Not there today. Will be some day... again. Ok, I'm playin' that one, 'cause we're forecast to have about 1/3 to 1/2 of our yearly rainfall in one week, starting Monday. Well, that would be ok if all the Sierra snow stuck, but I think it will snow, up to 10 feet, but then it will rain, and wash the snow away, on top of all the rain below .... into the dams and levees. The dams will fill up in one day. .... I'm gonna go get my umbrella ... and a raft.

Oh, yeah, all that rain turnin' the burned out hills to mudslides in SoCal ... bad news ... bad news ....

The blues are comin'....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
two fine choices you two

thanks MB. thanks desert.

but - you sorta put me in a mood :-)

a little Dylan then:

"There must be some way out of here" said the joker to the thief
"There's too much confusion", I can't get no relief
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth.

"No reason to get excited", the thief he kindly spoke
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late".

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.

desert - your desert dilemma is making me a little sad

is your magical machine still being held captive in some mechanical purgatory?

[edit on 1/17/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

Mr. Russian Soldier - you should make sure to stop back this way again

when we're all here - and we're all singing

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Uhh, I dunno, Spira, maybe our singing keeps RS away.

Thank you, dear, for the commiseration. MrD and I decided yesterday to head out on the highway, 395 to be exact. After checking on our beloved trailer, which we found to be ready and eager to hit the road again, which will be some day soon .... we continue to hope ....,we headed northward up the Eastern Sierras a little bit, so I could soak in the scenery and relive my memories.

We drove by Red Rock Canyon (photos are a little washed out but keep clicking on them)

Fossill Falls

Little Lake

turned around at Olancha

and stopped here to fill up, if ya know what I mean.

Here is another place way further up, at which we could not stop this trip, but where we have visited, in both summer and winter. Manzanar

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just have a lot of work and studying to do, that's why I'm not on so often. But fear not, I'm around and will stop by from time to time. Especially for lobster dinners and burritos.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Uhh, I dunno, Spira, maybe our singing keeps RS away.

well - I didn't help much - I could have picked a funner song :-)

Thank you, dear, for the commiseration.

well, you should probably know - much of my life is lived vicariously

so it's partly for selfish reasons that I would like to see you and your Mr. D back out on your desert LOL!

....,we headed northward up the Eastern Sierras a little bit, so I could soak in the scenery and relive my memories.

and so I thank you for the travelogue - all bookmarked for future reference

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Hi, S and D, RS, nice to see you back. We speak of you fondly and often.

Nice pic. D. The 60s in the desert was majic. I have become a producer now ladies. Any ideas? PJs, I can work with that!!

Perhaps I can learn how to use my new Canon S10 with a short film of my village and upload it here via youtube. In the meantime here is some stuff I have been working on with some other filmmakers...Hey, how do you turn this outfit on....

www.crashthesuperbowl.com...#/video/5858

[edit on 19-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

hey whaaa

I have become a producer now ladies. Any ideas? PJs, I can work with that!!

a producer then - really? so, sounds like life is good in Tamalewood...

would be nice to see your village - but I am confused about the link - or rather, the project

what exactly is it all about?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

S, the deal is...that Doritos has given a lot of independent filmmakers a shot at making a Doritos commercial; 30sec clip and if your commercial is one of 5 chosen and aired, then you get a million bucks to split among the crew. I was a crew on three of them. I'm embarrassed to tell you which ones as they are the lamest ones of the bunch. However this prompted me and the QOP to start our own production company along with another friend. Buy a prosumer camera, lights, tripods and final cut pro editing suite for the Mac. Many companies are following Doritos lead with this type of marketing approach. Good PR and perhaps some cute 30sec spots. much cheaper than having a big production company make your commercial. Now we are working on a Ben and Jerrys spot plus some music/drama stuff for the festivals. And I still get the odd speaking role with the independents. And Associate Producer/actor for this one we start in May.
www.autumnharvestmovie.com...

A much different approach than making trinkets for the tourist but it's all good!!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

A much different approach than making trinkets for the tourist but it's all good!!

it IS all good :-)

congrats!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hey gang...I heard that Whaaa missed me, he left a note on my door - so I thought I'd stop off for a cold one after work.

I'll take one of those Mexican beers whaaa's always talking about
How is everyone tonight?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Better that you have joined us once again!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I will do my very best to stop in once a week & see all of my friends!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
OMG! Jen!!!! A few days ago, I thought, "I wonder whatever happened to jen, and I wonder what she's up to these days." And here you are!! .... I also had to ask you some questions about where stuff is in the store room ....

Whaaa, that is so neat about your production! Hey, when you win that cash, could you pay all our tabs here? .... and restock the store room?

Love and hugs to all here!

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join