It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTN: ATS BLOGGERS: Member blogs will be deleted soon...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

ATS Member Blogs Are Being Deleted!

(Okay bloggers... did I get your attention?)

Alright, our ATS Member blogs have been admittedly neglected in our latest round of site improvements.

As we're preparing for a transition to our new servers, it's time to upgrade the blogging system and software. The current blogs will be discontinued, in favor of the latest/greatest release of blogging software form the same vendor we're currently using.

The new system provides increased flexibility, functionality, and template customization. Our member bloggers will have more freedom to create interesting designs, collaboration between blogs, and even the possibility of multi-user blogs that focus on a particular topic.

As we get closer to release, more information will be provided.

For now, if you have an ATS Member Blog, start planning on moving your data (there is no reliable automatic data transfer). If you don't have a blog and would like one... start considering what you will put in it.

Also, you'll have the freedom to assign a name to your blog other than your ATS username, which will be great if you expect a topical focus, or want to build a collaborative multi-author blog.

And, we're considering some kind of contest for our new blogs... stay tuned on that also!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

ATTENTION BLOGS ARE BEING DELETED!!!!

(For something even better
).

Nice little scare there
. So it's going to shut down and then we'll all have to re-apply for a new blog, or are you going to take the list of people who currently have blogs and transfer it over?

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
For any of the more recent members, ATS blogs are free and were, for a while, a very popular feature of the site. I highly recommend you all check them out when they arrive!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
or are you going to take the list of people who currently have blogs and transfer it over?

Some of the blogs are run by members who don't come around much any more... so we're going to limit establishing new blogs in the new system to members who express a desire to move their blog to the new system.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'd like one of the new blogs please. The old blogs were a little too simplistic, and were made archaic by the system at myspace.com. How does one apply for le ATS bloggage?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ah you scared me! Now I shall have to start the process of backing up my old data.. how much time do we have before they disappear?

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hold That Thought!

I've come across a problem in the software's administration panel that would cause problems with our plans...

(sorry)

...more when I have it.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've come across a problem in the software's administration panel that would cause problems with our plans...

And what were those plans? *raises an eyebrow at the mighty overlord*

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
[size=10]ALL YOUR BLOGS ARE BELONG TO US

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
omfg Go mods is all along the side of this thingy?!?!?! Well on another note... I actually stole your blogs I expect 50 billion dollars to be mailed to PO $63636 Okinawa Japan That is all

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ok...so...I am already an ATS blogger...and I gotta tell you that I have missed it A LOT! I am still not clear on if I HAVE to reapply or not. ??????

yeah, yeah...i know the blogs belong to you...

SO why am I backing it up?

The p2p thingy will no longer work???

I am confused...please assist.

[edit on 5/3/2006 by Cherish]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Never mind.

The very-fine print of the blogging system we had in mind is clear that it cannot be used for a blog hosting system.

moving on to other solutions/ideas...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
OH.....bummer

I will stay tuned for future ATS blogging oportunities...thanks.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We're negotiating a licensing alteration specific to our case. We may end up have a very solid and professional blogging/personal site solution after all. It would have all the features of a mySpace account (and more in some regards), including moblogging support, but be connected into the ATS community.

Stay tuned.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The very-fine print of the blogging system we had in mind is clear that it cannot be used for a blog hosting system.

Did they actually call it a blogging system?

CHEAP BLOGGING SYSTEM
Fine print: Cannot be used for blogging

A psuedo-mySpace ATS blogging system sounds pretty amazing. I'm excited to see how this will turn out. I'm sure you'll make it awesome in the end SO

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Did they actually call it a blogging system?

Yes... and it is (but much more in many ways).

However, as is the case with commercial software, there are alternative pricing plans for:
personal use --> cheap
commercial use --> reasonable
hosting service --> call us

And while I tend to lean toward open source solutions whenever possible, I simply haven't found anything else with the rock-solid features of the product we're considering.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Someone asked about how to set one up. You didn't answer and i too would like to know about blogs as I am not very clued up on them. I am interested in starting my own blog also.

TY X

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Never Blog Alone Again!

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It would have all the features of a mySpace account (and more in some regards), including moblogging support, but be connected into the ATS community.

Okay, now this looks interesting.

I had my fling with blogging in the past, but ultimately decided forums are better (and a lot less lonely).

Something like this, on the other hand, has potential.

Here's hoping the negotiations go well.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
[size=10]How Many ATS Members Want a Blog/Page?

While our first choice for a blogging solution has fallen through, we have identified an alternative that would provide nearly all the same myspace.com for friendster.com features within an abovetopsecret.com environment. The end result with be a fully functional social network integrated into the fabric of the discussion board... potentially very cool.

However... it ain't cheap.

So before we blow another wad of cash, I'd like to know how many members whould actually use such a site/service.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I will continue to use mine

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join