It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh How Sweet It is! To be Rich, a Republican and White! Hmm?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's all about race. If your white, and especially rich, you can buy a tremendous amount of 'justice'.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
Racism is rampant in America. It is the major destructive force in our society.

So I am discovering.

Only white people are actively racists.

Then you must be white. :shk: Can't you even see the racism in that statement? Maybe before you start preaching about the evils of racism you could try not engaging in it.

Read carefully:
I am not a racist.. and my white skin does NOT make me one by default.
To tell me that it does is in fact racist.. sorry but there's no getting around that one.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
It's all about race. If your white, and especially rich, you can buy a tremendous amount of 'justice'.

Yeah - O.J. proved that didn't he?

Give me a break before the idiocy-induced gagging makes me give up my guacamole.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
MLK had a dream, an awesome dream, that someday people would be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

That statement implies that it is character, not skin color, that counts. I happen to agree wholeheartedly.

Just because white males make up the bulk of white collar criminals does not immediately mean this is the result of racism. It has much more to do with the history of Western civilization and the efforts of the ruling elite to consolidate and maintain their stay in power than it does racism.

White males came out of the Middle Ages on top of the heap and have been resorting to whatever means necessary to stay there ever since. Racism is simply a tool, among many other social, economic, and political tools, they use to divide the competition and maintain their supremacy.

Anybody who uses the color of another individual's skin to deny them a rightful opportunity is practicing racism. All races are guilty of it.

Racism is a shallow, low-minded, cop-out for hateful people that will practice discrimination in any form it is presented to them. It does nothing but serve the interests of those in power who wish to stay that way.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Are Whites Racist?

posted by riley

posted by donwhite
Racism is rampant in America. It is the major destructive force in our society.

So I am discovering.

Only white people are actively racists.

Then you must be white. Can't you even see the racism in that statement? Maybe before you start preaching about the evils of racism you could try not engaging in it.

Read carefully: I am not a racist.. and my white skin does NOT make me one by default. To tell me that it does is in fact racist . . sorry but there's no getting around that one.

I’m not talking about mere statements, Riley. Or idle conversation. I’m talking about real, day to day, life in America. Because white America steadfastly refuses to accept the blame for the social and cultural conditions that existed here, in the good ole U S of A in 1954, racism has dug for itself a deeper hole. Racism has perfected a style or technique where amongst those of like mind, the whole issue is buried, gone, and declared by its groupies to be a non issue.

Rose colored glasses will not eliminate the cancer of racism. Its effect closely resembles the effects of torture. The person inflicting torture is damaged more than the person on whom the torture is being inflicted. Assuming the victim survives. I would much rather associate with a victim of torture than with a perpetrator of torture. To the victim I can offer sympathy, aid and comfort. To the perpetrator, I hold only disdain. I hold grave doubts about his humanity. I am certain his mind is warped. It is not like my mind. I surely to not trust him enough to turn my back.

Nowadays the phrase, “neighborhood schools” has replaced the Nixon Reagan era code words, “bussing is uneconomic.”

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
People don't pay attention to these issues, there are other issues that come into play and ruin the thread. Can we please get back now? I figured this would be settled by this morning.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The self-hate, self-denial, and self-flagellation that has become evident in this thread is just as hollow as Rush going

"I want you to know I'm no role model. I refuse to let anyone think I'm doing something heroic here, something great here. I'm not a victim. I'm not going to portray myself as a victim. I take full responsibility for this problem," Limbaugh told his listeners in October 2003.

Somebody needs to go to the top of the highest nearby place and scream, "I hate myself", and get it over with.

You can't atone for your own sins by projecting them onto others. Association with victims is just vicarious penance. You are offering them nothing of value as you salve your own conscience with their suffering. Its pathetic.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Here's a pertinent quote I found from a radical movement of the 70's, which I stand by today:

The Weathermen were outspoken advocates of the analytical concepts that later came to be known as "white skin privilege" and identity politics. As the unrest in poor black neighborhoods intensified in the early 1970s, Bernardine Dohrn said, "White youth must choose sides now. They must either fight on the side of the oppressed, or be on the side of the oppressor."

I guess we know what side Rush chose back then.

Interesting where Bernadine is today, she's a law professor educating today's youth and he's spewing hate under the guise of enlightenment on our airwaves:

From 1984 to 1988, Dohrn was an associate at the law firm Sidley & Austin. In 1991, she became a Clinical Associate Professor of Law at Northwestern University in Chicago. She now serves on the board of numerous Human Rights committees. She also teaches comparative law. Since 2002, she has served as a Visiting Law Faculty at the Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam.

And a little sociology, this issue doesn't seem to have gone away:

White privilege (sociology)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

White privilege, or White Skin Privilege, is a term of analysis used to denote a particular kind of alleged social relation, one which typically involves a right, advantage, exemption or immunity granted to or enjoyed by white persons beyond the common advantage of nonwhites. In the view of those using the term, it is the primary benefit of racism expressed as preferential treatment within a society.

Add some blowhards making $20 million a year mocking the poor for their lack of initiative and it becomes an explosive situation.

Oh yes, I listen if only to see which way the wind blows.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Are Whites Racist?

Some are, some are not. Again.. I AM NOT A RACIST and refuse to be labelled as such- especially by hypocrites who only seek to revive a race war for the sake of hatred. Being empowered does not have to mean disempowering someone else as you seem to want to do. All I have asked you to do is show your fellow ATS members some respect.. yet you continue to push your anti-white agenda pretending your attack on us is some sort of pre-empted strike against racism. Ironic.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Justice for Sale? What if you have no money?

posted by niteboy82: “People don't pay attention to these issues, there are other issues that come into play and ruin the thread. Can we please get back now? I figured this would be settled by this morning.

N82 bemoans “People don’t pay attention . . other issues [racism] come into play . . ruin the thread . . Can we get back now?” I on the other hand, tend to think a thread has its own life after being born. And I also think race is integral with our justice system. If you were black, lived in the south, made the local white establishment angry, or worse, afraid, you could be lynched to death by a mob. A black mob? Or a white mob? Oops, racism! In America race and justice are two sides of a coin. The same coin.

posted by Astronomer68: “Come on folks get off this racism thing and get back to the story of "See how much justice you can buy in America."

A68 asks, “ . . get off this racism thing . . “ it’s probably going to be impossible, A68. Why not look on this as a learning experience? Perhaps you have overlooked an important facet in the area of justice? Maybe justice is not color blind?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Justice for Sale?

Perhaps you have overlooked an important facet in the area of justice? Maybe justice is not color blind?

As Valhall mentioned previously, have you asked O.J. if "justice" is color blind or not?

seekerof

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is being black and rich/famous is a get out of jail free card. See OJ, Snoop Dog, Ray Lewis, Kobe Bryant etc...
Many black juries will not convict black criminals. It's no better than the deep south white racism of the 30's, 40's, and 50's.
We see it now with Tawana Brawley II and the Duke Lacrosse team. If the victim was white and the accused were black members of the basketball team, many in the black community would be up in arms over the fact that charges were even filed.

Back to the Limbaugh thing. This was nothing more than a political witch hunt of the left which has become their standard operating procedure as they can't win at the ballot box. If Limbaugh was not such a well know conservative, charges would not even of been filed.
It is a vile symptom of the left. They do not want open dialogue or debate. They try to label opposing opinions as "hate-speech" thus, in their small minds, justifying censorship. They know they can't defeat the message so they try to censor (or criminalize) the messengers. Their technique is character assasination and bogus investigations.
Of course the leftist mainstream media is all to ready to oblige in the smearing.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Yeah - O.J. proved that didn't he?

Give me a break before the idiocy-induced gagging makes me give up my guacamole.

O.J. certainly proves the 'rich' part. He has no effect on the race part, because he no more represents the typical African-American than I represent gangsta' rappers.

And I'll add Ray Lewis, Kobe Bryant, and Snoop Dog. They do not represent the average African-American.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, then maybe what we all need to avoid is just being "average". That seems to be the oppressed group....irrespective of skin color.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh, one of Geo W and Jeb Bush’s most strident backers for many years, was given a FREE pass today.

So he's the only one, eh? Because he's white, he's a republican, and he backs George Bush? Did you forget about Cynthia McKinney? The black democrat who HIT A POLICE OFFICER and got away with it? And no, she didn't have to pay a 30,000 fine like Rush Limbaugh.

(Announced on Saturday for Minimal press coverage. One more advantage available to the rich.)

So because he's rich and white, it's not ok for it to be announced on a Saturday?!?!

So what’s Rush to do?
Rule 1. Hire only the very best and connected lawyer.
Rule 2. Stall the proceedings
Rule 3. Present yourself as a victim.
Rule 4. Act contrite.
Rule 5. Ignore the seriousness of the charges

Wow, looks just like what Cynthia McKinney is doing, except she doesn't have to stall the proceedings or hire a lawyer because she's NOT being charged.

Limbaugh hired Roy Black, famous and well connected lawyer.

What's the problem with him hiring a good lawyer?

To Limbaugh, getting out of this unplanned episode has been cheap, a real bargain in the price of justice, American style.

Cynthia McKinney got out free.

$25 million per year. A quarter billion dollars.

25 Mill is not a quarter billion dollars. It's .025 billion.

The Florida DA announced a plea bargain deal with Limbaugh that was a sweetheart deal made in heaven! Pure and simple, the DA has been bought and paid for!

So because he's rich and white then that means the DA can't make a deal with him. Right. I would like to see some evidence that the DA was bought off, too, not just an accusation.

Limbaugh is to pay a measly $30,000.00 towards the cost of investigation.

Which is a measly $30,000 more than Cynthia McKinney will have to pay.

Just how much do you think 10 detectives, 4 prosecutors.

Looks like they're putting an awful lot of resources into trying to nail Rush. Somehow I don't think they use that kind of resources when investigating other people that have done worse offenses.

So, now that we have looked at it, it looks like there is a DISadvantage to being a white, rich republican, and an ADVANTAGE to being a black democrat. Why? Because there was punishment for Rush (the $30,000), while in the McKinney case, where there is plenty of evidence, McKinney gets off without any punishment what so ever.

[edit on 4/30/2006 by supergeo]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, then maybe what we all need to avoid is just being "average". That seems to be the oppressed group....irrespective of skin color.

Hmmm, statistically impossible, but an interesting idea anyway. I hereby declare myself "not average". Not above average or below average...just not average

O.K., back to your topic...sorry.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
White huh, do you remember Oj Simpson, jason williams? Ray Lewis? Kobe Bryant the list goes on and on so nice try you racist bastard.

Train

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted by supergeo

posted by donwhite: “Rush Limbaugh was given a FREE pass today.

So he's the only one? Because he's white, he's a Republican, and he backs George Bush?

That is what I said. Made the more easy by being in Florida. Home of the hanging chad counters. Or non-counters.

Did you forget about Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney? The black Democrat who HIT A POLICE OFFICER and got away with it?

Q. Tell me Super, do you say “black Democrat” as 2 words or as 1 word?

And no, Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney didn't have to pay a $30,000 fine like Rush Limbaugh.

The Congresswoman was wrong. She compounded her first mistake by trying to blame the victim. But none of us is perfect and hindsight is always 20/20. On balance, she is a good congressperson.

$25 million per year. A quarter billion dollars.

25 Mill is not a quarter billion dollars. It's .025 billion.

I mentioned Rush had a 10 year contract @ $25 million a year.

“ . . because he's rich and white then that means the DA can't make a deal with him.

I said a sweetheart deal made in Heaven. Most of the time we do not treat druggies so lightly. Most of the time.

It looks like there is a DISadvantage to being a white, rich Republican . . there was punishment for Rush while in the McKinney case . . she gets off without punishment . .

She did not shop doctors. Which is a crime. She did not have controlled substance outside the original container. Which is a crime. She did not possess more than 30 days prescribed quantities of drugs. Which is a crime. A first offender in any other setting would receive a felony conviction, some time to serve, and a lengthy probationary period, plus the intrusive “test you anytime” laws.

The Congresswoman committed a simple assault. No injury. A misdemeanor. There is a difference, Supergeo

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What a load of crap. You can exploit a white girl, rape her, and get away with it. Just ask Kobe Bryant. And he makes more than Limbaugh does, too.

Kobe Bryant

Pay $28.8 mil
www.forbes.com...

donwhite, I can't believe the moderators are allowing you to get away with that blatantly racist thread title. What are you trying to start here?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What a load of crap. You can exploit a white girl, rape her, and get away with it. Just ask Kobe Bryant. And he makes more than Limbaugh does, too.

That statement is absolutely unsupported by the available facts.

The Kobe Bryant case collapsed Wednesday as prosecutors abruptly dropped the sexual assault charge against the NBA star,

And I reiterate; quit using rich, black men as examples. They do not represent the average African American. The common trait is 'rich'. Rich, white guys however, are much more likely to successfully 'buy' their justice.

This thead title isn't racist....in fact, it is attempting to point out and expose a facet of racism.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join