It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret on CNN tonight?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm not suprised that ATS is going on CNN. Why not? Did you check the Big Board Statistics? ATS is the bigest Conspiracy Theory Board on Internet. Way to go guys. Congratulation !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Oh, oh, I have to admit the Rush Limbaugh story is a good one. We'll get recognition later in some piece. But we'd better not get pulled for something like a Tom Cruise story!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I also pointed out the huge interest we have about United flight 93 that has had a resurgence in the past couple months.
[edit on 4-28-2006 by Springer]

There has not been a huge interest in flight93 at all, not from what i see.

There has been a huge interest in WTC7. With far more compelling evidence.

There is very little evidence to go on, or examine, with relation to flight 93.

If CNN do indeed show ATS having a huge interest in flight 93 then it is false and is nothing more than i would expect from CNN.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I bet we'll just get a bunch of flamers because of this and a few people who actually contribute. Its cool to be on cnn though even if I dont have tv and cant watch it...
could someone podcast the audio from it at the least. I hope that the flame part doesn't come true... that would suck... Also will there be an interview of some of the members or something... shall I prepare the notecards (if bush can do it why cant we LOL) speaking of which could we give someone a guest account or something to interview the (omfg off topic) anyway theres no such thing as bad publicity so.....
YAY

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They "may" show the wild conspiracy theories about flight 93, bang goes any cred ATS thought it had.

And another nail in the coffin as to what sites are suitable for the sheeple.

Had the members contributing to the 9/11 section been asked what subject should be brought up on CNN , i'm sure only the usuall debunkers would have wanted to talk about flight 98, we got them over a barrel on the pentagon and the WTC COmplex.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by The Links]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Links
They "may" show the wild conspiracy theories about flight 93, bang goes any cred ATS thought it had.

If ATS has shown anything from it's take on conspiracy theories, it's our stern attention to detail, weeding out the truth from the rubbish.

The reason large news networks, international radio shows, national television corporations and big-hitting websites come to ATS for information and interviews with our upstanding collaborative authors, is because of our different attitude towards debunking conspiracies. We take the critical analytical approach, as opposed to the common perception (and unfortunate truthful existence) that all conspiracy theorists believe anything they hear and make it out to be the most important thing anyone will ever come across.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi Simon, Imo, the weeding is very selective.

The application of fertiliser to hypothesy in some threads is staggering.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I agree those who are married to their theories, like some folks in this thread,
do seem to liberally apply fertilizer to their posts...

Springer...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
true... everyone is guilty of it... hopefully that will not be on the news. same goes for my age... we'd be soo discredited if either were all over cnn

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In Serpo's thread somebody mentioned something about e disclosure in a near future but the key problem was finding the means to do that. Either the right person or the right group. I wonder if this big opportunity of advertising ATS in CNN has something to do with the fact that they want to "use" ATS to announce a big thing.
Just a thought

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Telos]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There is nothing to discredit about ATS. ATS has no credit. ATS is a collaboration of people from ALL over the world, with ALL viewpoints and opinions. Nobody can ever say AboveTopSecret is one way or another on ANY subject.

That's exactly how it should be. The notion that this site could be "discredited" by something brought up on a news broadcast is ludicrous.

For every example anyone used to try to state ATS was on one side of an issue I could present several examples that show just the opposite.

This site has no opinion, this site has no "cause", this site takes no sides. This site exists only to provide a venue for COLLABORATION the DENIAL OF IGNORANCE.

Springer...

[edit on 4-29-2006 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That's great that CNN is thinking about giving air time to us conspiracy theorists. However I already have a conspiracy brewing about this and that is they will try to politicize this into a anti-Bush site Conspiracy website, which it is not.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Springer makes a good point about ATS. Plus, if someone does try to discredit you, you don't buy into their argument. Rubbish. Fight back with truth. Bring it on. The only question is are you ready.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Its Saturday- Arent they on tonight? We will probably be on the news tonight!!!

I cant wait!!!

This is better than a corn dog dipped in chocolate.
I'm not taking any chances, i'll be waiting tonight.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Blindly accepting reality is also a disease some would say. But it is so much easier to do when there is some rewards in it or you get to feel that you are like 'everyone else.'

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Accepting reality?

That's reality as in:

re·al·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-l-t)
n. pl. re·al·i·ties
1. The quality or state of being actual or true.
2. One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual: “the weight of history and political realities” (Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.).
3. The totality of all things possessing actuality, existence, or essence.
4. That which exists objectively and in fact: Your observations do not seem to be about reality.
dictionary.reference.com...

As opposed to non-reality?

That's not a Freudian slip there is it....?

It's just that the rest of your comment seems to imply that people who accept reality do so to fit in with the herd...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

He's got 23,000,000 listeners a day,

PLEASE tell me this isn't true. There are 300 million people
in this country and you are telling me that there are 23 million
of them that listen to this weeeeeneeee??? Oh man ... I feel sick ....

As far as ATS on CNN ... they know where this site is.
I'm sure they'll be checking back in.

Hey .. tell 'em about that great bird flu thread!!
That NEEDS to get out!! Really!!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
IMO, it is not too surprising that ATS got bumped for Rush Limbaugh. Many people out there, whether they admit it openly or not, are simply not mentally prepared for a story, or series of stories that take things that they have already put neatly away in the boxes of their mind's eye, to pull them back out to take another look at a situation that they have made peace with in the way the government has told them too.

They don't want to have to face what could well be now explained by new information leading to facts about things and events that differs from the "truth" that has already been explained to them by the government. Especially if the government's explaination is one that is much easier to accept.

It is frightening for many to face and/or believe a truth that may not be so neat, or easily explained away. It is in human nature.

However, we have all heard stories about people being addicted to prescription drugs. I mean, that topic is so old and over done. It's on Oprah, Dr. Phil, Primetime, 20/20, 60 Minutes, et al.....and the same story, different face had been exposed to the public so much that although the element of the person being someone well known, whether they are well liked or not just adds a new dimention to an old theme that people have become accustomed to.

They can watch something like that in comfort, then go back to their lives without any nagging questions about their own world, the direction their own lives could well be heading.

Ostriches. Don't see what makes you nervous about the security of your own future. Much more comforting that way. So.............watch Rush. CNN is probably still too mainstream for real thinkers anyway.

Too bad. Since we certainly need a lot - a whole lot of real thinkers if we are going to change the path that this world is certainly headed down.

Just my 2 cents.

CyberKat

[edit on 4/29/2006 by CyberKat]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
More human nature causeing problems for people like us:

people are afraid of change

it is human nature to fear the unknown which used to be the difference between life and death but now just hampers development

sentimentality (not saying this is a bad thing but look at the 9/11 conspiracy and how sentimentality affected reactions to that)

subjectiveness(and therefore understanding: see sig)

religion (not to say there is no higher power controlling all on earth)

the unquenchable thirst for power

obsession with image and standing

laziness

violence

shall I go on in my next post cause I got loads more where that came from

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The Real Story About ATS

This site has no opinion, this site has no "cause", this site takes no sides. This site exists only to provide a venue for COLLABORATION the DENIAL OF IGNORANCE.

Amen!

The surest sign of ignorance about what ATS actually is can be found in such statements as "The people on ATS say..." or "Everyone on ATS thinks..."

Everyone who knows anything about ATS knows that we aren't unanimous about anything -- except our agreement to honor the T&C by being here.

Not even the motto "Deny Ignorance" has unanimous support. Members disagree about that all the time, as well we should.

Same Time, Different Channel

I'm sure CNN is all fine and good, and of course the more exposure ATS gets, the more people may have an opportunity to find out what this community really has to offer, and I think that's a good thing.

But I don't have a TV, haven't had one for years, don't miss it and probably wouldn't watch CNN if I had one. I don't mean that in a derogatory way; I'm sure CNN is quite wonderful in its own fashion.

Rather, I have a more particular set of tastes when it comes to news, and only one place in all the universe satisfies it.

And here I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join