It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not many people here seem to like rap. Whats you opinion on rap?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Rap, hip hop, whatever name you would like to call it does nothing for me. Music should move you or speak to you in some way and this genre does not. That's not to say that it is bad per say, as that is merely a personal opinion, but it's nothing that I bother with.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
rap is alright, I think old school rap is better. I respect some rappers, like Tu Pac, and TCQ, but really more for the lyrics and not for the stupid sampling they do. Some of the "topics" like loving strippers and killing and raping, thats a little too much. I rather listen to guy bitch and moan about a lost love (i.e. EMO)

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
One time this I was talking to a customer of mine, and he said flat out "I don't like rap" I could see where he was coming from, but I convinced him to listen to one of my Digable Planets cds. He was already a fan of jazz music, so the Planets were easy for him to get into. That SumBitch still hasn't given me back my CD:shk:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I prefer music that can induce emotions just through the melody. Rap doesn't seem to do that as well, though it can make good driving music, and it certainly makes me laugh.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Like I said, theres different kinds of rap. Some rap DOES reach out to people.

Listening to RIDIN FOR PAC by Guce and Killa Tay. That song's clean.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
One word for ya! YUK! 'course I grew up listening to Dylan, the Beatles, Neil Young, Bob Marley, etc... so I'm spoiled.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
DMX is very cool. I listen to his songs, too, especially Party UP and X Gonna Give It To You. I also liked the B**** Please 3 with DMX and Tupac. DMX is cool, but NOT better then 2pac. Go 2pac. Go 2pac. Go 2pac.
GO rap. Go rap

Gold in my watch, diamonds in my chain
When someone messes with me, I bring red rain
Crusin in da black hummer, on 26s
When I walk by, n# get up
Cuz when I get mad, my glock goes POP!
Drop
Stomp
Killin yo breed off
Anihilating entire blocks
They call me Russian soldier
And I'm poppin slugs till my last breath

That's just a rap I made off the top of my head. I love the lifesyle, saggy pants, white reeboks, white Ts, tipped caps, bandanas, durags, black cars, shiny rims and spinners, loud music, subwoofers, lots of BASS, lots of homies, and keepin it real. Fo show!
You freestyle???? I knew i wuz on to something when you said choppas and cribs.

You my name is something you shouldn't mess with
cuz i bought a blouse and that's what i dress wit.
Poppin 9's is my specialty i blast the cops when they least expectin me i hate em cuz they laways checkin me. U could find me drug traffickin even though im not african(no offense to africans ) and my car is always crashin in.
Got my bling blings and Lambo on dubz,goin to clubs with multiple snubs. Getting hoes all the time so those wanksta's cant comprehend my rhyme.

We should make a freestyle thread LOL!!!!!!!!
By da way do u live in Russia????

[edit on 1-6-2006 by urmomma158]

[edit on 1-6-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
One word for ya! YUK! 'course I grew up listening to Dylan, the Beatles, Neil Young, Bob Marley, etc... so I'm spoiled.
What a racist comment. you could've said i dislike or strongly dislike it.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I grew up listening to the same thing, and more. I think a well rounded musical taste is necessary. I'm also sure you haven't heard much rap either. This actually goes for most of those who make blanket statements like this.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Rap in general, the rap by thugs, pimps, rapists, wanna-bes... is what brings down society, for those who listen to it. I know music is a form of expression.. but that expression is so negative as to help reproduce that same negativity among people to have it continue.

Rap about solutions to problems, stop doing drugs, do something productive in society, letting your voice be heard, voting, making a difference in the world, helping people out...promoting productive intelligence..

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
some rap is creative, but a lot of it is just hateful or gross

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
Rap in general, the rap by thugs, pimps, rapists, wanna-bes... is what brings down society, for those who listen to it. I know music is a form of expression.. but that expression is so negative as to help reproduce that same negativity among people to have it continue.

Rap about solutions to problems, stop doing drugs, do something productive in society, letting your voice be heard, voting, making a difference in the world, helping people out...promoting productive intelligence..

Again, a blanket statement made by someone who's only knowledge of rap is from Mtv.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar

Bias you need to listen to more RAP downlaod WHY by Jadakiss. Rock is pretty bad tto like greenday where they insult the french and swear.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm currently in the States cuz my parents dragged me there(I didn't want to)

But in 1 year I'm going back to Russia for good. Military, man. I will visit though. I'll miss everyone

But I'm still in the hood. Here's a rap:

What it do
G soldier's in da hood
flippin wood
countin stacks
poppin macs
my infra red beam is on your head
watch out. Pop! you drop dead
Fillin your main # man with lead
Coloring a # head with red
I crack ya
Don't # with me
Blood spraying
Liver on the floor
Your heart in my hand still beating
BLATTT!!!
Spraying my Tec-9
Then come up close with my machete
A cop once followed me
Next day he found with his brains leaking out
I'm a dangerous thug
I ain't got no love
I'm in serious bussiness
My mob needs me
Its the mother# Russian mafia, #
And we control everything
You dissing, watch out
Black Hummers will pull in front of yo house
A bunch of tough ass Russians
In ski masks, and teflon vests
Camo, and extra ammo
Grenades and side arms
And some new AKS-74MS with grenade launchers and infrared beams
My soldiers move quick
Flash bang grenade through you window
Pop
You in shock for a moment
That moment we move in
Bustin heat at everyone in da house
Bodies is dropping
Our guns is poppin
Steyr Aug at hand
.50 caliber machine gun in the back
I'm a full time hustla
And I'm still representing Russia

Oh yeah, how was that?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not a huge fan, i like my music hard fast and loud, though beastie boy's Ill Communication is pretty cool. For those of you that havent heard them check out the Hill Top Hoods from Australia, you may be pleasantly surprised. Their about the only ones i can listen to in large doses.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I'm currently in the States cuz my parents dragged me there(I didn't want to)

But in 1 year I'm going back to Russia for good. Military, man. I will visit though. I'll miss everyone

But I'm still in the hood. Here's a rap:

What it do
G soldier's in da hood
flippin wood
countin stacks
poppin macs
my infra red beam is on your head
watch out. Pop! you drop dead
Fillin your main # man with lead
Coloring a # head with red
I crack ya
Don't # with me
Blood spraying
Liver on the floor
Your heart in my hand still beating
BLATTT!!!
Spraying my Tec-9
Then come up close with my machete
A cop once followed me
Next day he found with his brains leaking out
I'm a dangerous thug
I ain't got no love
I'm in serious bussiness
My mob needs me
Its the mother# Russian mafia, #
And we control everything
You dissing, watch out
Black Hummers will pull in front of yo house
A bunch of tough ass Russians
In ski masks, and teflon vests
Camo, and extra ammo
Grenades and side arms
And some new AKS-74MS with grenade launchers and infrared beams
My soldiers move quick
Flash bang grenade through you window
Pop
You in shock for a moment
That moment we move in
Bustin heat at everyone in da house
Bodies is dropping
Our guns is poppin
Steyr Aug at hand
.50 caliber machine gun in the back
I'm a full time hustla
And I'm still representing Russia

Oh yeah, how was that?
Nice one

Yo man i drop bombs and blow up your house mass saturation get your hand out of your pockets and stop with the m*asturbation. Droppin bombs is what im good at,my #'s tell me where da hood at. Talk dat Sh*t bou me ill blow you into smitherenes and cruise in expenasive limosuines. It doesn't matter to me what you pick cuz i dont care i shoot a hick. Im sittind doin my favoirte tervt tops and im rob the indian restaurant till the chicken curry drops. I did that already,im gonna go jacka chevy ciz my name dan cheedy.. A monte carlo that is cuz im da wiz when it come to the drug dealing biz. Popin gats to buy a colliseum thenenxt week it's the mosoleum. Man i dont care what you think cuz we all know mexicans sorta stink(no offense to mexican im J/P) I did your GF anna and she said she liked by banana

[edit on 2-6-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Rap is crap. It promotes violence against women and it
promotes thuggery. It melts the minds of the youth who
listen to it. Their time is better spent in the library attempting
to raise their SAT scores so they can get into college and
earn a living.

(God I sound old! )

[edit on 6/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
earn a living.

(God I sound old! )

bias yet again. You're on of those people that only listens to what is played on MTV what igorance!!! Rock is old, dead, not o mention garbage. Rap is for the new generation. What do SAt scores have anything to do with RAP why did you bring it up?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158

Originally posted by FlyersFan
earn a living.

(God I sound old! )

bias yet again. You're on of those people that only listens to what is played on MTV what igorance!!! Rock is old, dead, not o mention garbage. Rap is for the new generation. What do SAt scores have anything to do with RAP why did you bring it up?

I agree with urmomma158 that it's a bit asanine to say that all rap is crap, just like saying that rock is old, dead, and garbage is stupid.

If bands like Radiohead and Tool have taught us anything, it's that the Rock genre is alive and well. Just like how Mos Def and Saul Williams show us that Rap is more than just glorifying the gangster lifestyle. Both genres of music are culturally pertinent and important. What the two of you are arguing, is your own personal taste. Which will get you nowhere. :bnghd:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Like I said, theres different kinds of rap. Some rap DOES reach out to people.

Listening to RIDIN FOR PAC by Guce and Killa Tay. That song's clean.
Not to mention eminems songs reach out like Mockingbird,Mosh, and Whem in Gone. They have some curses but they're highly meaninful.Rap is not all bad and thanks for pointing that out RussianSoldier I appreciate that.Check this out Russian soldier its quite interesting. blogs.sohh.com...

[edit on 2-6-2006 by urmomma158]

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join