It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi war veterans - Please join and share your experiences.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
No, moldmaker, its not your fault. Its the fault of those like seekerof, who chose to pervert this thread. Its a very common tactic of him, best that you try not let it get to you.

My fault? Okie Dokie there. The next time people want to insinuate pure crap about those who have served and are serving, I will be sure to avoid my "common tactic": standing up and presenting otherwise.

I myself want to hear what the Iraq War veterans have to say. They're citizens too, and its important for us to know what they are thinking.

You just heard from one--me, but hey, my commentary perverted the thread. Well, you can bet if it is not "perverted" already, its dern sure perverted now.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Mod edit: Vulgarity taken out. You know you can't do that here..

[edit on 13-4-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What do you want to hear a blood and guts version or the sitting on your arse and playing cards 12 hours a day version. How about there are still men and women serving, being where they do not wish to be and those who love to be where they are and thats that. You want to exploit what you don't understand so you can understand? Sign a contract and go 11b infantry you can then go on to a prosperous career. Heres a story for you: the grass was green then it was red the desert was brown then it was black. There are some who should not be there at all and there are those who were born to be. Quick action, quick action, compared to slow does it matter no.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I really dont know what to say. This community is just way too much. I was trying to do something positive. If I want to exploit veterans I would go to the hospitals, say I was a reporter, record a bunch of interviews and then sell them in the form of a book.

Its amazing, its really amazing. I type out the 5 reasons for this thread.

Instead I get a bunch of people attacking each other. People, its time to calm down. Seekerof what you did was not right. I saw his posts in another thread and was watching him. You attacked him and that was not part of the 5 reasons this thread was written.

Now I am being attacked and accused of exploiting veterans, ok ya, we want to hear all your bloody details so we can feel like we were there, then well go to work and tell everyone we know someone who was in the war.

Its amazing how brutal you guys are to one another.

I served in the 1/3 acr as a recon scout before the gulf war. I got out 6 months before my troop went I am fn sorry for that.

I am not exploiting you.

My best friend has gulf war syndrome. and cant work without taking 10 painkillers. Hes 35 and looks 50.

Mods - no one is going to use this thread, no-one is going to post on topic, and considering how IMPORTANT topic is,why dont you kill this thread.

What do I have to do to delete this thread. It is a complete embarrassment to me. I sure showed MY IGNORANCE here.

Mods PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD, THERE IS NOTHING BUT ANIMOSITY EVERYWHERE.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by moldmakertech]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
To all Mods:

Please don't kill this thread. Moldmakertech, take a breath; give the thread time to be seen by those you are trying to reach.

Let's try to keep this thread going. I am a vet also, although I fought in an earlier war(Viet Nam). Our Veterans, especially those just freshly returned home need a place to share and vent and talk about their experiences, if they wish to. As a disabled vet myself, I know that sometimes it's very hard to talk about what we went through as soldiers/marines/Navy, etc; sometimes it just hurts too much, but you had the right idea, Moldmakertech and as fellow vet, I thank you!

Also, in regard to vets returning home from Iraq and Afhanistan, you should be aware of the current situation as regards the DoDs handling of service connected PTSD and other injuries; you can read about it at the following thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=279650

Lets support our troops in Iraq but not just while they are in Iraq. They need our support a lot more once they are home. My messsage to all vets of Iraq and Afghanistan: Welcome home and thanks for your sacrifice and sense of duty.

[edit on 4/25/2007 by Stormrider]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

My fault? Okie Dokie there. The next time people want to insinuate pure crap about those who have served and are serving, I will be sure to avoid my "common tactic": standing up and presenting otherwise.

You brang firebats comments (which were total crap btw) from another thread into this, and while I agree with the actual post, yeah, it is your fault.

Anyway here is alittle of a trip report from a pilot on another forum I go on:
www.airliners.net...

www1.airliners.net...

[edit on 27-4-2007 by PisTonZOR]

[edit on 27-4-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striker8441
I couldnt have said it better myself. I served for 7 years in the US Marine Corps, nobody FORCED me to join, nobody FORCED me to reenlist. Anybody who thinks those in the military are nothing more than just robots are sadly mistaken. One of the things taught in bootcamp is how to work as a team, how to think on your feet, how to analyze a situation and find a solution, etc...

I PROUDLY served, and if not for a service connected disability I would be back in uniform today. How many posters on here are willing to sacrifice for something greater than themselves?

Isn't the whole purpose of brainwashing and manipulation is to make the person(s) think they are not brainwashed? I mean... how would you really know? The commands are implanted deep in the subconscious and "triggered" when necessary. The subject usually never knows this and never finds out.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A small point of order:

This is an international board and has many posters from 'abroad'.

Many other countries' soldiers have served in Iraq (and many are still there)

Why have you excluded all non-US veterans?

Are American opinions the only ones worth listening to?

Or is this a new trend in 'nationals only' discussions?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join