It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell IS Real !!! This Guy Went There!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
what if your wrong about all you have said and bill weise is right and there is a hell.... what then??? are you willing to risk it???

So your not willing to risk it, right? Thats why you practice Christianity right? So then you practice every religion thats ever claimed their the true path and if you don't follow their teachings your going to hell, becouse you don't wanna risk following the wrong religion and ending up in hell.

Wow going to all those churchs, temples, mosques, etc. and practicing all those rituals and ceremonies must take a lot of your time, huh. Well at least you don't have to worry about practicing the wrong religion and going to hell. One of them must be right.

You do do this, right? Becouse by practicing only one religion is willingly risking going to hell becouse it might be the wrong one.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
BTW: hell was originally conceptialized by the Jews, and it described an area used for burials... (literally "the grave" or "to cover")

rather nice place really...

Wouldn't mind owning land there...

So in essence... it is ignorant of any Christian to not understand the basis of Christianitys history (doesn't stop millions of fundys though).

[edit on 10-4-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

I don't know if anyone has corrected you yet, but I haven't waded through the 8 pages of this thread yet. Hell was originally a Zoroastrian concept, as well as heaven and a lot of other things. In a nut shell, when the Babylonians invaded Israel and brought the Hebrews to Babylonia, the Persians invaded Babylonia and the Jews were under Babylonian control. The religion that the persians practiced was called Zoroastrianism, and it brought the concepts of Heaven, Hell, and a lot of other things to the Hebrews that were in captivity of the Babylonians. It wound up getting mixed in with the Judaism that the Hebrews were practicing at the time, and they "added" it to their religion.

You can go ahead and look this stuff up. There's still a certain type of Zoroastrianism being practiced...in the east I think?

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Herman]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by edwardteach

what if your wrong about all you have said and bill weise is right and there is a hell.... what then??? are you willing to risk it???

So your not willing to risk it, right? Thats why you practice Christianity right? So then you practice every religion thats ever claimed their the true path and if you don't follow their teachings your going to hell, becouse you don't wanna risk following the wrong religion and ending up in hell.

Wow going to all those churchs, temples, mosques, etc. and practicing all those rituals and ceremonies must take a lot of your time, huh. Well at least you don't have to worry about practicing the wrong religion and going to hell. One of them must be right.

You do do this, right? Becouse by practicing only one religion is willingly risking going to hell becouse it might be the wrong one.

no i'm not risking anything, i know in whom i have believed... once you give your heart to jesus you just know!!....no other religion has answers to the hell question not any of them can adaquitely give a way out ......except jesus!!!........no other name by which one must be saved but the name of jesus ......

jesus decended into hell took the keys of death , hell , and the grave ......he did it for you !! he did it for me !!! he did it for all who would believe so you would not have to go to this place described on this web page..........

jesus said I AM the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father but by me !! go read the matrix thread if you want to know why all these religions are confusing the one true way...... it's too long of an explanation to go into on this thread.......

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I really think it's all BS. If God wants us all to be good and not go to hell, he should show us what to believe in. If it is true then it's not very fair how he decides who gets in or not. I mean, if he wants us to know about heaven, he shouldn't just sit back and let us think for ourselves. That's like saying "I'm going to put you onto Earth, knowing nothing about me, and the only real evidence is the Bible, which has no proof that everything exists. Then, when you die you can go to hell because you didn't do what I wanted." I can understand if I go around killing innocent people but otherwise that's BS and I won't waste my time unless he starts giving me something to bite on.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowshocker163
I really think it's all BS. If God wants us all to be good and not go to hell, he should show us what to believe in. If it is true then it's not very fair how he decides who gets in or not.
god put it into your hands weather you will go or not by choice choose ye this day whom you will serve ...the choice is yours I mean, if he wants us to know about heaven, he shouldn't just sit back and let us think for ourselves.

so god should think for you???? what sense does that make?? ." I can understand if I go around killing innocent people but otherwise that's BS and I won't waste my time unless he starts giving me something to bite on.

he gave you the bible to bite on .....so bite on it chew on it .....believe it because it going to happen ..........the prophecies are written and their going to happen weather you believe in god or not .........the shadows of armageddon are upon us and i believe god has given this revalation of hell to this man as a last ditch effort on his part to show and warn before it's too late ..........

weather you heed this warning or not is compleatly up to you .......

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If God wants us all to be good and not go to hell, he should show us what to believe in. If it is true then it's not very fair how he decides who gets in or not. I mean, if he wants us to know about heaven, he shouldn't just sit back and let us think for ourselves. That's like saying "I'm going to put you onto Earth, knowing nothing about me, and the only real evidence is the Bible, which has no proof that everything exists. Then, when you die you can go to hell because you didn't do what I wanted."

Rev 6:
12I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
15Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17For the Great Day of YAHUVAHs & YAHSHUAs Wrath has come, and who can stand?"

That Day is soon. It is a Day of Reckoning. So, don't worry about "he should show us what to believe in".

Please, don't say God "isn't fair". Because He is.
Justice and Righteousness are the foundation of YAHUVAHs throne.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I really think it's all BS. If God wants us all to be good and not go to hell, he should show us what to believe in. If it is true then it's not very fair how he decides who gets in or not.

god put it into your hands weather you will go or not by choice choose ye this day whom you will serve ...the choice is yours

Yes, I can choose what I want to believe in and what I don't want to believe in. But why should I believe in God's idea when he gives me no proof since the Bible. How do I even know if that is true?

I mean, if he wants us to know about heaven, he shouldn't just sit back and let us think for ourselves.

so god should think for you???? what sense does that make??

Yes, God should think for me and everyone on this planet. I'm supposebly his son so he should care for me and every other person in his family. Why would he let me and everyone else suffer in hell if he loves us so much?

Originally posted by Shadowshocker163 ." I can understand if I go around killing innocent people but otherwise that's BS and I won't waste my time unless he starts giving me something to bite on.

he gave you the bible to bite on .....so bite on it chew on it .....believe it because it going to happen ..........the prophecies are written and their going to happen weather you believe in god or not .........the shadows of armageddon are upon us and i believe god has given this revalation of hell to this man as a last ditch effort on his part to show and warn before it's too late ..........

weather you heed this warning or not is compleatly up to you .......

Yes he did give me the bible to read but that's from 2000 years ago. Why should I believe in something that I have no way of proving true?

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Shadowshocker163]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawater999
Please, don't say God "isn't fair". Because He is.

I don't mean that he isn't fair, but I don't think it's right to send all his loved children here and just assume us to believe in what is right and when we don't we are sent to eternal suffering in hell. (If this religion is even correct) I haven't done anything bad during my life (well of course I'm not perfect, but I don't think anyone nowadays can be "perfect") but the way I hear, is if I died right now, and I'm not believing in the right religion, then off I go to hell.

And I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but is there any proof that you can show me to prove that he is "fair".

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Blah blah blah, Jesus is the way, blah blah blah, Hell is real, blah blah blah. Yawn.

I haven't watched this video, as I have already had enough laughs for the day. But, when I'm ready for a good laugh and I have time to watch this, I will do so.

Yeah, the world has been just about to end for 2000 years. Seems like the people in the bible were doing a little too much of this :w:.

Yawn. Blah blah blah, everyone is wrong except Christians. Blah blah blah.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

no i'm not risking anything, i know in whom i have believed... once you give your heart to jesus you just know!!....no other religion has answers to the hell question not any of them can adaquitely give a way out ......except jesus!!!........no other name by which one must be saved but the name of jesus ......

jesus decended into hell took the keys of death , hell , and the grave ......he did it for you !! he did it for me !!! he did it for all who would believe so you would not have to go to this place described on this web page..........

jesus said I AM the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father but by me !! go read the matrix thread if you want to know why all these religions are confusing the one true way...... it's too long of an explanation to go into on this thread.......

jesus was not the only one to say that. Hell, I can say that! And I will.

I AM the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the father but by me !!

once you give your heart to me you just know!!....no other religion has answers to the hell question not any of them can adaquitely give a way out ......except me!!!........no other name by which one must be saved but the name of edwardteach ......

Well now isn't that convincing.

so are you are going to start blindley following my teachings now becouse I said so? You dont wanna go to hell. But I guess it's your choice. Your religion is confusing the one true way. I'm evan writing a book about how I am god's only son sent to earth to save you. Except god is a giant talking bagel.

You so blindly believe that your religion MUST be right becouse you have a book that says some nutcase claimed to be gods son, what makes me less credible?

So to avoid hell, you just gotta put all your faith in me and my book, wich I will sell to you at a small fee. But the money is well worth being Saved.

So please tell us, sentinal, what puts your crazy reliogion above all others, what makes jesus more credible than the Almighty Bagel.

Why is this guys story absolute proof of the existance of hell, as your thread title implies.

And please, dont preach or quote any bible versus, becouse your bible is no more credible than the bagel.

You know I have only been a member here for a very short while, but I have been skimming these forums for a few months, and I have noticed something about your thread titles, sentinal. They all have either the word "PROOF" or "REAL" in caps or bold, and are followed by "!!!!!!". Seems to me you believe most everything you hear. Not trying to flame or nothing, but try seperate whats reasonable from whats rediculous.

Instead of "HELL IS REAL!!!! THIS GUY WENT THERE!!!!!!", which implies total undeniable proof, which it clearly is not, try "To hell and back, one man's journey, do you believe him?" Maybe put in a little "(video included)", something that makes you seem less gullible.

Praise Him, The Almighty Bagel

EDIT: Truthseeka, preach it, bro

[edit on 18-4-2006 by edwardteach]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
As someone who is currently struggling with his own faith, to no avail, I cannot in any way find it in myself to believe in Hell. If God is all poweful, all knowing, and all loving, I cannot see how he can send his own creations (who he loves more than we can imagine), to a place of eternal torment (When he could EASILY save them himself), for being sinful beings (Sinful beings that he created, knowing that we wouldn't find him.) It's like telling someone to pick a straw, knowing that they won't pick the right straw, then shooting them because they chose the wrong one. Yeah, it was their choice, but they had no way of knowing which straw was the right straw. Besides, the bible is littered with inaccuracies. Not only do we use a copy that is translated from the greek version (Instead of the original Hebrew version), but it has been re-written literally thousands of times, each by a man who is capable of making mistakes. Take a look at any other religion, and they have people that are just as faithful as the most faithful Christian in the world. Now I'm not saying that the bible is entirely wrong or that God isn't real, but how can we, as flawed beings, be expected to make the right "choice", and be tortured in the worst way possible for all eternity for making the wrong one?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
you can attack me all you want to edwardteach it still wont excuse you from the judgement seat of christ!!:

then i saw a great white throne and him who sat on it, from who's face , the earth and the heaven fled away. and there was found no place for them. and i saw the dead , small and great standing before god , and the books were opened. and another book was opened, which is the book of life. and the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

the sea gave up the dead who were in it , and death and hell delivered up the dead who were in them . and they were judged each one according to his works.

Then death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. and anyone not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. REV. 20: 11-15

you can bash me all you want edward but "please for your own good" dont mock jesus!!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile

Do you see UFO's on the frontpage of the newspaper? Do you see the headlines: "Steven just astral projected!"? Does your newspaper talk about conspiracies? Does your newspaper admit to manipulating you?..

Mine doesn't. The only place I really see stuff about conspiracies is on the internet, and OCCASIONALLY on the TV. (once a year perhaps).

No of course they don't, I was just trying to make a point really.

I just wonder why God sent someone to Hell, that was already saved in the first place.
To me the whole thing is like something you would see on any Show on TBN, or whatever, and surprise surprise, join me in the sinners prayer at the end.
Sorry dude, I just don't buy it.
I'm not saying that anyone's wrong for believing the story, just not me is all.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
@madhatter

You're entitled to your opinion of course

Though i'm sure some of your misintercepted my point being; Be aware of its possibility, but if you choose not to believe in it, its all fine...

... I will have to agree with Shadow, the bible isn't foolproof evidence. Though on the_sentinels behalf, I would say he is right in "once you give your heart to Jesus, you know".

The only thing I want to conclude with here is that you don't have to believe in something to be aware of it... And well, I won't risk ending up in hell for not being aware of its possibility.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Look, sentinal, like I said in my last post, I'm not attacking you or flaming you, but if you take it that way, then so be it. What I am saying is don't present your unprovable topic as undeniable evidence. Your religion is no more credible than anyone elses.

And whats the problem with mocking jesus, he's supposed to forgive me, right? Quoting bible versus proves nothing, except that your only proof of credibility is from an old book. So lets move away from the bible in trying to prove or disprove the credibility of this guys story.

You will not convert me, so please don't preach. Enough versus. Lets get back on the topic YOU started.

Alright,Volatile, I never thought I would agree with you, but here it goes:

Sentinal, be more like Volatile, be aware of the possibility and the impossibility. Just becouse you have overwhelming faith in jesus doesn't make christianity right. Try to be less credulous.

What makes this guys story undeniable proof that hell exists.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
nice discussion hehe... well call me whatever you want but I think religions are the cause of all "evil"...
Think about the first religions....primitive man looks at the sky and a big storm starts, not knowing it is he is obviously afraid and cant explain it..he gives it a name: "lets see yeah ill call it god of thunder"...

my English sucks and iam probably not making a point:bnghd:

what I am trying to say is religion was probably created from ignorance and fear and then (lets say 2000, 3000 years ago...) some one decided to use religion as an oppression tool "don't do this" "don't do that", "obey to your god", its just another form of control!

this goes for all religious fanatics... WAKE UP! LOOK AT YOUR SELF SPEAKING YOU ARE TOTALLY BRAINWASHED !

[edit on 18-4-2006 by inklosed]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by inklosed
this goes for all religious fanatics... WAKE UP! LOOK AT YOUR SELF SPEAKING YOU ARE TOTALLY BRAINWASHED !

I understand your point, but what makes you think that your little 'speech' gives the right for killing other people's beliefs?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Another reason why I can't understand the whole going to hell idea. What about people such as mentally retarded people or infants who have no comprehension of religion or faith? What happens when they die and do not believe in God's ways or which religion to believe in? Does God send them to hell for not believing when it really isn't their fault? Or maybe he let's them into heaven with a special admittance.

When I was an infant, I'm pretty sure I wasn't big on the religion thing yet. What if a murderer was killed before he was old enough to know about God? Would he be sent to hell or heaven?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile

I understand your point, but what makes you think that your little 'speech' gives the right for killing other people's beliefs?

Not killing it, if those people beliefs are that strong and true they will continue to have them.

Personally I believe I am free to say and think what I want but you (excuse me if you are not religious) cant can you? Why ? Because your religion limits your mind it oppresses you it controls you that's what it does its what a control tool does and there is nothing I can say or do to change your mind...you are right you know "once you give your heart to Jesus, you know" you know that from that point you are forced by all means to respect it and obey it....control control control !

dude...when you die you just die that's it there is no hell or heaven...all fairy tales ..1000 years from now everyone will believe there was actually a fellowship of the ring and there will be a religion for Jedi's hehehe...because Folk becomes Legend and legend becomes myth and so on so on

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Personally I believe I am free to say and think what I want but you (excuse me if you are not religious) cant can you? Why ? Because your religion limits your mind it oppresses you it controls you that's what it does its what a control tool does and there is nothing I can say or do to change your mind...you are right you know "once you give your heart to Jesus, you know" you know that from that point you are forced by all means to respect it and obey it....control control control !

dude...when you die you just die that's it there is no hell or heaven...all fairy tales ..1000 years from now everyone will believe there was actually a fellowship of the ring and there will be a religion for Jedi's hehehe...because Folk becomes Legend and legend becomes myth and so on so on

I can honestly say I don't believe in religion, but I do believe in some sort of God, just not traditionally what you're taught from the bible... Or any book that I know of.

Even though I believe in my own God, it does not make me limited because I have to serve in some way, for example people in India that are extremists when it comes to Buddhism, go with caps over their mouths so they don't swallow insects. I can see your point being that it controls their lives.

Now I just have to ask you: Have you died and come back? - And please answer this or the discussion is over.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join