It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell IS Real !!! This Guy Went There!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
You don't have to believe to be aware of it.

Yea and on that same note; Convincing one's self that hell doesn't exist doesn't mean you won't end up there either. Not to mention spending eternity living the consequences of being 'purposefully' ignorant, with the help of a few 'reptilians' that is.

Even if following Jesus Christ was a senseless, weak, stupid, insane thing to do. I'd rather live my eternal life in a peaceful environment with a spec of memory about wasting a fraction of my time, then spending it in hell having eternity to think that only if I hadn't been so hard headed during that blink of an eye called a lifetime. Only if.... Only if...

See if being smitten was the end result of not accepting Jesus Christ then, o well, it'd just be 'lights out' and that's it (as in an animal's death). We aren't given that option though.

Apparently some people were just destined for the place.

1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV)
However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank you WiseSheep. Its good to know that there are people that have a shed of reasoning in their lives.

But even so, I don't believe anyone is destined for that kind of place (even though I totally understand your point), no matter the crimes they commited. All we must remember is; We are only human

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I don't believe anyone is destined for that kind of place.

If you look at the fact that we are all born in sin, and all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, therefor none of us deserve to even think of spending eternity in God's perfect kingdom. Yea, we are destined for the place.

BUT!

God loved his human creation so much that he sent his only son Jesus Christ, so that whoever believes in him (being the one and only Messiah, son of the one and only God, who died and rose again...) won't have that original (pre-established) destination any longer! Tis just a simple culling process on a gigantic scale.

Kinda like throwing us in a river (you know one with the big unsurvivable waterfall at the end
) and making absolutely sure each of us have a lifeline and are fully capable of getting to it, but at the same time knowing full well who will refuse it (because it's easier just to float along rather than stand up for what's right, against the raging current might I add) ahead of time. God knows from the end to the beginning see.

Tis fairly evident that God has placed some here as 'us' but are nothing more than living stumbling blocks. If used correctly they are merely stepping stones.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by WiseSheep]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We were born in sin, yes, but in the end we ALL have goodness in our hearts.. We have conscience and I believe most of us had at one point believed to themselves that they had something to sacrifice themselves for.

Therefor my point is; We might be evil, but true evil would never bow down to goodness, and for that we should be greatful of ourselves.

Btw. to prove this, we woulden't know we were evil if we did not acknowledge it ourselves... This goes for the same as mentaly ill people think they are normal as anyone else.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Volatile]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Even if following Jesus Christ was a senseless, weak, stupid, insane thing to do. I'd rather live my eternal life in a peaceful environment with a spec of memory about wasting a fraction of my time, then spending it in hell having eternity to think that only if I hadn't been so hard headed during that blink of an eye called a lifetime. Only if.... Only if...

So I guess that means you keep kosher, supplicate yourself toward Mecca appropriately, meditate and do yoga to achieve satori, make sacrifices to the Green Man, and use an e-machine to keep yourself Scientologically "clear," too, right?

I mean, "just in case."

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
"God loved his human creation so much that he sent his only son Jesus Christ, so that whoever believes in him (being the one and only Messiah, son of the one and only God, who died and rose again...) won't have that original (pre-established) destination any longer! Tis just a simple culling process on a gigantic scale.

Kinda like throwing us in a river (you know one with the big unsurvivable waterfall at the end ) and making absolutely sure each of us have a lifeline and are fully capable of getting to it, but at the same time knowing full well who will refuse it (because it's easier just to float along rather than stand up for what's right, against the raging current might I add) ahead of time. God knows from the end to the beginning see."

If God created us in his image then we are
because after all we did evolve from lesser primates to become intellegent and civilized and they have fossils that fill in the blanks going back millions of years. This definitivly prooves the bible wrong. The Earth is way older then 6,000 some odd years old more or less like 4 billion years or so.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it is important to note that this guy never said he was taken to hell by someone ala' Dante's divine comedy, he said he had a very vivid dream on where and what hell was, last time I checked the Bible says people will receive visions from dreams. Most of the prophets got their Revelations from dreams. It's not inconceivable, he certainly seemed sincere to me, of course it could have been just a bad dream.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Atm. jbondo and the_sentinal seems like the only open minded here...

Believeing everything you hear is not open-minded, its overly credulous.

And the rest of us arent open minded??? Well we are members of this website aren't we? So there!!!

And someone said believing in jesus is your ticket to heaven??? Hey, hitler believed in jesus...I'm sure other murderers and sick and twisted people did too...did they go to heavan??? And I dont believe jesus was the messiah...I think he was just pretty crazy and full of himself...and I will never repent or believe in any religion, should I repent?? Am I going to hell????? I've asked that like three times and noone will answer me.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This thread is useless without pics...
j/k
no really I want to see pics.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by edwardteach

Believeing everything you hear is not open-minded, its overly credulous.

And the rest of us arent open minded??? Well we are members of this website aren't we? So there!!!

And someone said believing in jesus is your ticket to heaven??? Hey, hitler believed in jesus...I'm sure other murderers and sick and twisted people did too...did they go to heavan??? And I dont believe jesus was the messiah...I think he was just pretty crazy and full of himself...and I will never repent or believe in any religion, should I repent?? Am I going to hell????? I've asked that like three times and noone will answer me.

First of, if you could actually READ, you would be seeing I said and I quote: "You don't have to believe to be aware of it." and that means be aware of its possibility, and that my dear friend some of you have failed at.

And wrong... Being open-minded doesn't make you credulous, open-minded means to be able to take up an approach in a situation from all angles... So the correct thing that should be marked there would be narrow-minded and not open-minded.

And how in hell does this site make you open-minded by joining it!? Do you really think because you are on a conspiracy forum that deals with the paranormal, you're suddenly open-minded? You see things from all angles? Well, thats a big exaggeration. ATS is here to give you knowledge about various 'alternative' subjects that you don't normally hear about in the outside world (as the newspaper, TV, radio), makes you able to share your stories with thousands of other people. Maybe even make friends. But that does NOT make you open-minded... Open-mindedness is a progress you have to start within yourself.

The reason nobody answers you is probably because there is nothing to gain from it... As you start going: "Oh, I need proof, I want to see God, I hate God, I hate Jesus, I don't believe in sh't, I don't want to repent, I hate religion", pretty much tells most of us your opinion on the subject, so why the hell issue so much time and energy into converting someone who is so narrow-minded and arrogant.

But to answer your question: "We said, you don't have to believe to be aware and not believing in hell doesn't mean you don't end up there.", but its your problem if you don't believe, not ours.

@havana
Did you watch the film? Did you understand the point? Did you acknowledge his statements?... Try agian.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Volatile]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Am I going to hell????? I've asked that like three times and noone will answer me.

why have you asked other people if your going???? i think if your honest with yourself you know way down deep if your going.....

you dont need someone to tell you .......you just know.......

when i accepted jesus christ as my savior i didnt need anyone to tell me i was going to heaven i knew it right away.......

god put into every man on earth the inner knowing of right & wrong it's called your conscience......... it's this inner knowing by which your question will be answered .........

if your conscience isnt totally screwed up by thing's you've done to it..... like doing things you know in your heart are wrong ......this the bible says will seare (scorch & burn ) your conscience so that you cant even trust your own judgement ........and if this is the case you can do anything without feeling bad about it ........

this is humanisim at it's core (eat- drink- and be merry, for tomorrow we die)

i will answer you question if you want me to but by now you should know!!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Herein lie the problem. Meet Kvalm, who lives in a country that dictates what they can and cannot do. Christianity has never seen the country because the government there does not let it come in. Kvalm is poor has no way of ever even finding out what the religion is. Kvalm dies. Based on the Christian (and also other religions) beliefs he bought a one way ticket to Hell because he wasn't praising Jesus (Insert other holy figure). Sorry but I feel its more about belief then who you believe in. From the look of the Old testament to the new it looks like Gods went from a spoiled 2 yr old to a teenager. Ever single age there seems to be a chaning point for the religion. One is probably coming up real soon. Some strict fundamental belief will be changed to a more PC one in better hopes of increasing the flock. Religion is what you make it. As long as you believe in something, i think that God (other holy figure) gets the idea. Now does that mean if you think God (insert other figure here) told you to kill that your in the clear? Well actually no. There is a very basic system adapted by all religions. Heck even most atheists. Generally killing is a no no. This is a mainstream belief by billions of people, that taking anothers life is not your choice to make. so there are rules, though basic. So there is MY opinion.You can take it. you can leave it. But i guarentee you that I won't be asking for a montly tidings because you practice it.

-Aza

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know what the possibility is of what this guy said to be true is 0.000000000000000000000000000000001%

Get over it the guy has a book he clearly does the speakings to sell his book it's a sham.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

First of, if you could actually READ, you would be seeing I said and I quote: "You don't have to believe to be aware of it." and that means be aware of its possibility, and that my dear friend some of you have failed at.

Way to work in the flaming, unnecessary, but hey, why not.

Being aware of it's possibility is just as ludicrous as being aware of giant coconuts ruling the earth becouse some guy had a dream about it. You should also be aware of the impossibility of it.

And how in hell does this site make you open-minded by joining it!? Do you really think because you are on a conspiracy forum that deals with the paranormal, you're suddenly open-minded? You see things from all angles? Well, thats a big exaggeration. ATS is here to give you knowledge about various 'alternative' subjects that you don't normally hear about in the outside world (as the newspaper, TV, radio), makes you able to share your stories with thousands of other people. Maybe even make friends. But that does NOT make you open-minded... Open-mindedness is a progress you have to start within yourself.

Well you seem to have answered your own question here. "ATS is here to give you knowledge about various 'alternative' subjects that you don't normally hear about in the outside world..." as opposed to some one sided biased forum. Well there you go.

open-minded
One entry found for open-minded.

Main Entry: open-mind·ed
Pronunciation: "O-p&n-'mIn-d&d
Function: adjective
: receptive to arguments or ideas
- open-mind·ed·ly adverb
- open-mind·ed·ness noun

Look, right there, see that? By being on the site we are all being receptive to arguments or ideas. From every point of view. So just becouse we aren't "aware of it's possibility" doesnt mean we are narrow minded.

Have you ever stopped to think "this guy has no evidence to support his testimony, his story is very cliche, maybe it's total bs"

I listened to it, and I admit, it's a great story. But it's just a story. Do you believe every story you hear? Did you believe Men in Black was a documentary becouse it had a solid story line?

Maybe everything I'm spouting out is just as rediculous as that guys story, but hey, your open-minded, so your aware of the possibility that everything I'm saying is spot-on right?

Well I could go in to more depth but I got nothing to gain, so I'm gonna go do something productive.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by edwardteach]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

1. Being aware of it's possibility is just as ludicrous as being aware of giant coconuts ruling the earth becouse some guy had a dream about it. You should also be aware of the impossibility of it.

2. Well you seem to have answered your own question here. "ATS is here to give you knowledge about various 'alternative' subjects that you don't normally hear about in the outside world..." as opposed to some one sided biased forum. Well there you go.

3. Have you ever stopped to think "this guy has no evidence to support his testimony, his story is very cliche, maybe it's total bs"

4. I listened to it, and I admit, it's a great story. But it's just a story. Do you believe every story you hear? Did you believe Men in Black was a documentary becouse it had a solid story line?

5. Maybe everything I'm spouting out is just as rediculous as that guys story, but hey, your open-minded, so your aware of the possibility that everything I'm saying is spot-on right?

Well I could go in to more depth but I got nothing to gain, so I'm gonna go do something productive.

1. How so? How is being aware of the possibility ludacris? I admit to the part that you should also be aware of the impossibility of it, but if one was to forget about the possibility, and focus on the impossibility, it would lead to enormous ignorance, and I don't know about you, but I woulden't want to live in such a society.

2. Haha, my dear friend, this was your question I answered
Look back at what you posted. As for the "one-side based forums", it doesn't matter jack... Open-mindedness is not achieved by joining a forum of any kind.

3. Of course... Have you stopped to think of the possibility of it being true?

4. Doesn't matter if you believe the story, its about being aware of its possibility... AND impossibility (if that makes you any happier)

5. Yes, and I don't blame you for your view-points, you are entitled to believe whatever you want... The point is, you CAN be right, he CAN be right, so why not be aware of both?

Don't take this as flaming friend, see it as 'education'

EDIT: Just a side note, I don't pray to Jesus Christ... So don't take me as a fanatic trying to prove a point or to convert a forum.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think I figured out where all this is coming from, volatile, you and I are on different pages, I would imagine. Now correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like you are arguing the possible existance of hell and I am arguing the validity of this guys testimony and whether this is evidence of hell. If this is the case, then it's clear where all the confrentation is coming from.

. How so? How is being aware of the possibility ludacris?

now if you are speaking of the possibility of this guy's story being valid evidence of the existance of hell, then :

ludicrous
One entry found for ludicrous.

Main Entry: lu·di·crous
Pronunciation: 'lü-d&-kr&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin ludicrus, from ludus play, sport; perhaps akin to Greek loidoros abusive
1 : amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity
2 : meriting derisive laughter or scorn as absurdly inept, false, or foolish
synonym see LAUGHABLE
- lu·di·crous·ly adverb
- lu·di·crous·ness noun

I'm refering to the first entry there, believing this guys story as solid evidence is ludicrous becouse it is amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, and eccentricity.

Now if we apply this misunderstanding to your other points, I think we have cleared some things up. If we aren't on the same page, then debating is useless as we can argue for all eternity and still get nowhere.

First of, if you could actually READ

Right, whatever you say, professor

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

1. How so? How is being aware of the possibility ludacris? I admit to the part that you should also be aware of the impossibility of it, but if one was to forget about the possibility, and focus on the impossibility, it would lead to enormous ignorance, and I don't know about you, but I woulden't want to live in such a society.

2. Haha, my dear friend, this was your question I answered
Look back at what you posted. As for the "one-side based forums", it doesn't matter jack... Open-mindedness is not achieved by joining a forum of any kind.

3. Of course... Have you stopped to think of the possibility of it being true?

4. Doesn't matter if you believe the story, its about being aware of its possibility... AND impossibility (if that makes you any happier)

5. Yes, and I don't blame you for your view-points, you are entitled to believe whatever you want... The point is, you CAN be right, he CAN be right, so why not be aware of both?

EDIT: Just a side note, I don't pray to Jesus Christ... So don't take me as a fanatic trying to prove a point or to convert a forum.

1) So what your saying IS that there is the possibility that this guys went to hell (in a dream) and came back??? SO what about the possiblility of elves ,ghosts , unicorns,trolls,sauron,UFO;s,mutant ninja turtles, god, blind albino vampire bats with eight testicles, fire with no heat, jesus,taking donkeys and shrews???. There is about as much chance as the earth catching fire from cows methane.
2)I AM open minded just not not feckin stupid enough to believe some of the fairy stories that parade as truths. There is such a thing as reality, quite a few people dont live in it!!
3) Everything is possible, just not everything is probable - there is a BIG difference - remember REALITY.
4) What are you on about "you dont have to believe to be aware"?????
Oh yes be aware of the possibility but come on the chances of some things occuring - the pope would become a jehovahs witness first!
5) NO dont you see he's NOT right - do you really believe every dream you have to be a premonition or accurate depiction of something even the ones where you think you can fly and a moment later your an underwater tiger on pluto collecting space mushrooms?? NO you dont so why believe some fruitbat who's selling this garbage?

G

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
what about the people that came before jesus...what happend to them?

also what might happen to the mentaly ill people, my sister for one who i love very much doesnt even understand the meaning of death,How are people simular to her judged...

First, I had tried to cover this, previously, but the swift version is when Christ died on the Cross, he went and taught all those who had gone before, the Message he gave to us, who came after.

It is thru the acceptance of Christ, that one enters heaven. There was no other way prior to this.

With his resurrection, all those who listened and used that free will to chose Christ, went pass go and into heaven.

This is the meaning of Christ defeated Death.

It is also the secret overlooked of the importance of the Cross. We tend to address it's importance as it revolves around us, who have followed after Christ, but it was much deeper than this. It was for all. Not just some of us.

Secondly, as for Your Sister, Innocence, is just that, and until an age of accountability can be reached, in respects to understanding, She will be treated as a child would be. Blessed are the Children!

So don't worry about your Sister. She will be just fine.

Have a good evening

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's insane to see how many people prolly buy into this crap Hell can't exist because it was the minds of men that created it not an omnipotent being.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
That was hilarious!! But also a little disconcerting.

The parts at the end where they enacted someone "falling into hell" and a woman running from a fast approaching cloud (a nuclear blast? I dunno, I only skimmed through it because they were clearly kook)..... These parts made me feel a bit sorry for them, that this is how they view life, and they have to go to such lengths to try and justify their fairytale beliefs to themselves that they would create such elaborate visual fantasies like this designed purely to instill fear in their audience, so the audience would look towards them for 'the answers'.

Very warped, damaged individuals

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join