It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Puzzle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You are walking on a dirt path in the middle of nowhere.

You see a man lying on the ground.

The man is wounded and bloodied.

The man cries out to you, "Please, help me!

You approach the man, concerned by his condition and feeling compassion towards him.

Again the man cries out, "I am dying! I am dying! Please help me!"

You ask the man "what is your name?"

The man replies, "Satan."

And he is who he says he is.

What would you do?

Save his life or let him die?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Since you layed the ground work as it is "satan".

I would turn my back to him and walk away; without hesitation.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That's a tough question.

I wouldn't want to save Satan but I couldn't walk away from a dying man when I could save him. I just don't have that in me.

So I guess I'd save him.

Does that make me a bad person?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That would depend on whether he was *the* satan or just some ordinary guy named satan. (Just like there are ordinary people named Jesus, especially in Spanish speaking places) If it was just some guy, yeah I'd help him without question. If it was the Prince of Darkness himself, I'd beat him up until he died, to hasten along his death, because of all the suffering he has caused. (probably not the nicest thing to do, but it is the honest answer to the question posed)

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I would save him. (Man causes man to suffer, I don't pawn my problems off to unseen forces) Show me one example outside the book of Genesis (but still in the bible) where Satan has done wrong.

GameSetMatch and DragonsDemesne,

You'd really let him die or beat him untill he's dead? I'm not sure if your religous or not, but if you are ... You've learned nothing. If there is a God and a heaven or hell. You know where your going.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Commandment #5 - You shall not murder.

So, really think about your answer people. Especially you religous one's who claim to be oh so righteuos and moral and good in god's eye's.

Duzey,

No, not a bad man at all. You gave the right answer. Good job!

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If he really was Satan the Devil, i`d leave him be.

Satan is the father of lies, so he`s lying to you.

Satan cannot die.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
If he really was Satan the Devil, i`d leave him be.

Satan is the father of lies, so he`s lying to you.

Satan cannot die.

God is the father of lies. God created Satan. Yet religous people love God despite HIS creation's. Despite HIS action's against man. God also lie's in various verses as well.

Beside's Satan decieving an ignorant creation without knowledge of consequence's, what exactly has Satan done wrong? I can't find anything but that one thing in Genesis.

Specifics. Not the verses that say Satan is a liar. I want to see specific action's done by Satan.

EDIT: If Jesus was God in the flesh, and died for our sins, then who's to say Satan couldn't "die" in the same manner as God did?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n

God is the father of lies.

I see you have a problem with Him.

God created Satan. Yet religous people love God despite HIS creation's. Despite HIS action's against man.

and gave Satan and the other angels free will it seems to choose for themselves.

God also lie's in various verses as well.

Dont mean to be rude here,but you have`nt shown yet?where God has lied to begin with.Before verses start coming.

Beside's Satan decieving an ignorant creation without knowledge of consequence's, what exactly has Satan done wrong? I can't find anything but that one thing in Genesis.
Specifics. Not the verses that say Satan is a liar. I want to see specific action's done by Satan.

Mark 8
31He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. 32He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
33But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

This is a good example of the abilities of Satan,He can work through people to trick or obstruct people from God.

1 Peter 5:8
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

See again,this is how he(Satan works)and many more if you would like.

EDIT: If Jesus was God in the flesh, and died for our sins, then who's to say Satan couldn't "die" in the same manner as God did?

If Satan were to take an earthly body that earthly body could die but not Satan.Spirit is eternal.

It is in revelations that the beast(Satan) will come in the flesh.

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

He could be in the flesh and walking the world today???.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

27And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?

28And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.

29And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

30And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.

31And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

32And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.

33But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Easy buddy. Read it again.

See again,this is how he(Satan works)and many more if you would like.

So the bible says. But, as I asked for, what specifically has Satan done in the bible? Not how he's a liar or how he works. What specific actions has Satan done.

Dont mean to be rude here,but you have`nt shown yet?where God has lied to begin with.Before verses start coming.

Just read the bible, cover to cover.

and gave Satan and the other angels free will it seems to choose for themselves.

He created man ignorant of right from wrong. Without that knowledge. Yet, HE, GOD, ALONE created Satan with that knowledge, or else Satan would have been just as incapable as we initially were without deception. God thus, is still the father of all lies. Had he not created something with the ability of Satan then there would have been no chance for ignorant adam and eve to have been decieved into sin.

God created all that there is. The good and the bad. He alone is the father of ALL thing's. So the bible says.

I see you have a problem with Him.

Really? Hard to have a problem with a fictitious character.

If Satan were to take an earthly body that earthly body could die but not Satan.Spirit is eternal.

If Jesus is god in the flesh, the GOD didn't die for our sins. As you said, the spirit is eternal. So who is Jesus? A regular man like you and me, or was he really god in the flesh?

It is in revelations that the beast(Satan) will come in the flesh.

If I'm not mistaken, the bible also says anyone who denies Jesus is also an antichrist. There's alot of us out there I guess.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
id send him right back to hell with all the other fallen

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This question bugged me all night. Way to make me think.

Satan is one of God's creations just like us. If God didn't want me to help, he wouldn't have put me in a position to assist. I would compromise none of my beliefs by helping someone in need, even if they were the most vile creature in the universe. To walk away from someone dying when I could stop it, whoever they are, would haunt me until the day I died.

Sure he might be lying but that would be a judgement call on my part, and I think we all know what the Bible says about judging. It's not our job.

I stand by my answer. I would save him. I wouldn't like it but I would do it.

PS. Thanks Prot0n. My heart tells me this is the right answer for me. I'm not a man though.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ok lets say you could switch places do you think Satan, mans enemy since the garden of eden, would help you?
would he bollocks, i say stamp his little demonic head in!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
No, he probably wouldn't help me.

That's just one of the differences between Satan and myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would help him, as is the right thing to do, and as is well outlined by some excellent scripture quotes by Prot0n above. Who am I to pluck the mote from Satan's eye? Besides, Satan's fate is all part of God's plan, and is not for us to determine nor to meddle with.

[edit on 2006-4-5 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Satan wouldnt worship Gods image/Adam with the other angels when asked to by Micheal because he said i am older and wiser, so Michael said 'if you dont you'll feel Gods wrath'.
Satan then says he'll build a throne loftier then Gods, and so God casts Satan down with his minions. Satan hates man because we are the reason he was cast down from paradise. So he tricks a serpent who tricks Eve and you know the rest. Satan also influenced Cain to slay Abel so is credited with being responsible for the first murder.

'Sympathy for the devil' by The rolling stones springs to mind dont know why.

[edit on 5,4,06 by ELMO777]

[edit on 5,4,06 by ELMO777]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A few points.
#1. If Satan were in a position to be dying in the street needing the help of a man, I would think that he has weaknesses enough to kill him. If that's the case, how big of a threat to God could he be. THis would further my belief that God is the real SOB.
#2. How many times has God tested man? Could the man on the ground be God pretending to be Satan to see what you'd do. In that case I'd be very curious as to the correct answer.
#3. Is Satan beyond redemtion? I thought all of God's creatures could be redeemed if they repented. To let him die would be to deny him his chance at salvation.
#4. I'd check his wallet to see what it said.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
#4. I'd check his wallet to see what it said.

A white 3" x 2" card, on which is written, "Go directly to Hell. Do not pass Heaven. Do not collect eternal salvation."

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Satans too proud for repentance, If you killed him in this realm he would only die in this realm, a demons heart ensures imortality.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Perhaps if Satan is such a trickster, he is tempting you into walking by a person in need or even worse, doing harm.

Maybe by stopping to help I would be giving Satan exactly what he doesn't want.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Perhaps if Satan is such a trickster, he is tempting you into walking by a person in need or even worse, doing harm.

Maybe by stopping to help I would be giving Satan exactly what he doesn't want.

BRAVO!

You made an excellent point there! By doing what GOD has told you to do as told in the bible, you would definatley be doing what Satan DOESN'T want you to do.

All you other people who say they'd kill him or let him die. If there is a God, he'll deal with you. Duzey is definately one fit for heaven. If there is one lol, either way *she* (sorry bout the man thing lol) is giving the correct answer. You other's could learn alot from her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join