It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Puzzle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I never said I would let him die.

I had to leave to get help; There is a man named satan dieing.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
As far as anyone knows, he is just a man. Just because he is named Satan doesn't mean he is Satan

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You ask the man "what is your name?"

The man replies, "Satan."

And he is who he says he is.

I'm pretty sure pRoPhEcY is talking about THE Satan, not just some ordinary man with the name Satan.

GameSetMatch,

What does God say about lying?

I would turn my back to him and walk away; without hesitation.

You said nothing of getting help.

You have voted Duzey for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I try to look at these things from all angles. I don't know if anyone reads Sandman or other Vertigo comics, but there is a storyline surrounding Lucifer. Basically he is sick of running hell, so he closes it down and becomes a bartender or something. Maybe this guy was Satan, quit and got a day job.

My problem is in the assumption that Satan is the cause of all evil. The point was made that God gave man and angels free will to do with what they please. If this is true, there would be no need for Satan to tempt, because life as god created it is tempting enough.

Por Exemple: God created sex. God made sex feel good. It is man, not satan, who turned sex into lust.

Uno mas: God created man, and all of his natural ways. If a man is hungry, and kills another for his food, there is no need for Satan here either. It was man's free will that led to that death, not Satan.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Rasobasi420, I think you make a good point.

If I were to walk by a dying man, Satan or not, I would be the one doing evil. And I would be doing it of my own free will. It certainly wouldn't be Satan's fault, it would be mine.

Prot0n, thank you for all the nice words. You've made my day.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So you go to help him and then BAM! Hes jumped out of the dying body and straight into yours, you are now demonicly posessed. Congratulations.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELMO777
So you go to help him and then BAM! Hes jumped out of the dying body and straight into yours, you are now demonicly posessed. Congratulations.

I'll post this verse one more time for you especially.

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

EDIT: Duzey,

Your quiet welcome! You're the first who's shown me that not all religous people are hypocrits. I never thought I'd meet someone like you. Make's me really happy that I was wrong and that there are some good people out there!

Can't say this enough, you guy's can learn ALOT from her.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If Satan wants to possess me, he has plenty of opportunities. I'm by no means perfect.

If you think fear of demonic possession would keep me from helping someone in need, you are dead wrong. I've put myself in danger to help a complete stranger before and I would do it again.

I refuse to stand idly by while others suffer.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i'd be amused that i met someone i used to worship (but i left that path... because the other people, people like maxine dietrich, were nazis), but i'd help him. perhaps it would cause me to believe again.

also, just for the sake of saying it, i would do the same for someone named god or jesus, too. and zeus, odin, set....

XDDD sarcasm or not, that has to be the funniest thing in ever.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by aniiohsowtf]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A very nice quote which is clearly a reference to the passive nature of christianity. Which is fine if your dealing with someone who does you a wrong. But a demon, the prince of demons none the less, is different from a man, he hates men, if you drop your guard for a second you let him in. Satan has been around long before man and so is smarter and more devias. Demons aren't to be trusted. And i personally wouldnt hesitate to leave him. I seriously doubt that God has any sympathy for him anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

A very nice quote which is clearly a reference to the passive nature of christianity. Which is fine if your dealing with someone who does you a wrong. But a demon, the prince of demons none the less, is different from a man, he hates men, if you drop your guard for a second you let him in. Satan has been around long before man and so is smarter and more devias. Demons aren't to be trusted. And i personally wouldnt hesitate to leave him. I seriously doubt that God has any sympathy for him anyway.

It need not matter what Satan has done or will do, to you or to anyone. It's not your place to judge him, nor is it your place to 'smite' him. If you walk past and let him 'die' in a flesh incarnation (Just as God supposedly did through Jesus) or you kill him yourself then YOU are the one doing the sin. YOU alone are the one breaking God's commandments and laws. YOU alone are the one falling into Satan's trap.

By following God's word and SAVING him, despite his sins, despite what he may do to you, that's what make's you 'right' in God's eyes. Let God decide if he has any sympathy for Satan, it's NOT your place to judge that for someone higher then yourself.

If there is a God and a heaven, and if you truelly believe so .. Change your answer and change your ways. I'm not even religious and even I know the correct answer.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Mark 3:28-30 "Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" -- 30 for they had said, "He has an unclean spirit."

Satan blasphemed the holy spirit when man was created and so can not be forgiven.
Please explain how i would be listening to the word of God by helping Satan.
You dont know the answer you just think you do.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n
It need not matter what Satan has done or will do, to you or to anyone. It's not your place to judge him, nor is it your place to 'smite' him. If you walk past and let him 'die' in a flesh incarnation (Just as God supposedly did through Jesus) or you kill him yourself then YOU are the one doing the sin. YOU alone are the one breaking God's commandments and laws. YOU alone are the one falling into Satan's trap.

exactly- let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

and elmo, have you in fact met satan? or any demon, for that matter? if you have not, you can not vouch for how they behave, what they believe, and if they care at all for humans.
may i ask what sect of christianity you are part of? feel free to not answer, of course.

Mod Edit: Trimmed Quote. If you don't trim them, we will

Mod Note: Please Trim Quotes – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

[edit on 5-4-2006 by aniiohsowtf]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aniiohsowtf
exactly- let he who is without sin cast the first stone!
and elmo, have you in fact met satan? or any demon, for that matter? if you have not, you can not vouch for how they behave, what they believe, and if they care at all for humans.
may i ask what sect of christianity you are part of? feel free to not answer, of course.

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' Ok, we all sin but we are exalted over any demon by God himself. I am better than Satan and so are you.
No I havent had the displesure of making Satans aquaintance.
I have had dealings with Succubus demons though since my early teens.
I'm born again

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Succubus demons? Do you mean B******? believe me you're not alone!!

Aside from that, whether you are exhaulted over demons is not in question. Whether you are gracious in that is. Being of God, you must be better than that, otherwise you are a sinner, and belong amongst the demons.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Satan blasphemed the holy spirit when man was created and so can not be forgiven.
Please explain how i would be listening to the word of God by helping Satan.
You dont know the answer you just think you do.

I have quoted a few verses so far. If you need more, I can quote more. Or you can actually listen to what your God has told you to do.

Your God said thou shalt not kill.

You say you would kill satan if you meet him.

Are you listening to God or to yourself? Where does God give YOU the power and right to judge Satan in such a manner? No where.

Jesus taught you to LOVE your enemies. By showing hatred and anger towards Satan, are you listening to what Jesus taught you?

Blessed are the peacmakers. This doesn't say blessed or those who go AGAINST God's commandments or what Jesus taught.

Do you understand anything you've read in your bible? Do you have any concept of morality at all? And they say athiest's are incapable of morality!

I am better than Satan and so are you.

Are you? Your willing to KILL, to disregard your God's word. Your willing to commit SIN, to show HATRED towards your 'enemy'. Your no better then Satan. You walk hand in hand with him.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would save him, and ask for some of those cool satan powers christians are always going on about.

or maybe just some cash. i'm not picky.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Satan and God's relationship is between them.

If God really, really wanted him dead, he'd drop a plane on his head while Satan was lying there bleeding. Or not, I don't presume to know God's plan.

All I know is that if I were to walk away from a somebody who was dying and begging me for help, I wouldn't feel very Christian.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
First off only God can kill Satan. You cant kill what is emortal. I already explained this bit. So no sin is commited. If Jesus loves demons so much then why are the driven from the souls of the living in his name? I cant claim to hear God speak to me except through the part of me that knows what is right and wrong. How can helping Satan be right.
Matthew 16:23. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would help him. God would only allow this to happen to test us. Besides, by doing good to your enemy, you effectively take their power away. The only way an enemy has power over you, is through fear. Do what's right, and God will watch your back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join