It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration laws to start civil war?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've heard of someone whose father came here legally from Mexico.

He'd hear some fellow Mexican (American?) go on and on about how great Mexico is--and he'd say to them, if it's so great, then why don't they go back?

I wonder what would have happened if people at those protests started burning Mexican flags...?

Note: I have nothing against Mexico personally. I'm just tossing out a question.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
12 Million Illegal Aliens
20 thousand new illegals a week
How many detention centers to be developed by a Haliburton subsidiary?
Will the next phase of WWIII be on our southern border?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
This nation was not founded on immigrants, but COLONISTS. I think there's a difference.

Not to the Native Americans

America was not a sovereign nation until the Declaration of Independence was signed. Before that we were a British colony.

Before that it was free

And we SHOULD have a limit as to how many immigrants we take in! Does it make sense to have more people than jobs? If you have a job surplus, fine, take in whoever is next in line! This is OUR country, WE set the rules, not Fox, not Mexican citizens (or whatever country they're from).

You don't set anything. I don't set anything. The people who are overlooking us, watching us bicker when there are other things we should be focusing on set the rules. Maybe you trust 'em, but I don't.

Kick out all the illegals, and who really cares what happens in Mexico? Hate to sound cold-hearted, but Mexico is the Mexicans' problem, NOT OURS!

It will be our problem when they keep trying to get in. Again, the problems of your fellow man are your problems as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey

My great grand parents came over from Germany and LEARNED THE LANGUAGE and respected the American culture.

Same here. My family came to the US in 1888. Everyone learned English and they all set up the family business right away. They paid their way from Day 1.

If you respect the country you're moving to, you learn the language and the customs and adopt its culture. You don't try to impose your own.

The US isn't respected by the Mexicans. It's viewed as a resource to be sucked dry and left for dead.

NAFTA. What a disaster. Ross Perot warned us. But that's another thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMicrophone
12 Million Illegal Aliens
20 thousand new illegals a week
How many detention centers to be developed by a Haliburton subsidiary?
Will the next phase of WWIII be on our southern border?

You sure that's who the camps are being built for?

Seriously, though, I'd think it would be cheaper to catapult them back across the Rio Grande than keep them here and build camps!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

But you live in the US? And you are American are you not? Do you have more loyalty or respect for Puerto Rico then you do for the US?

Puerto Rico is my birth place and is my home, US is the place I reside now and no I have not roots or ties to the place I resided in the US right now.

Work, property and taking in consideration that my husband and my children place of birth is in the US that is why I am still here.

Now asking me if I am an American or not knowing that I am Puertorrican It kind of make me question your American history there unless is in a sarcastic way that you are mentioning this.

Asking about loyalty or Respect about my place of birth and the US main land also tells me that you either been sarcastic or do not know much about your American history either.

I hope that is sarcasm and not the other.

Taking in consideration that my Schooling in my Spanish Island was very much diverse and US history was one that were drilled to US alone with my Spanish and world history It brings me to the fact that indeed American history in the US is lacking after all.

But occurs you may just been sarcastic.

How about having pleanty of family members giving their lives for the US is that loyalty enough or should I still have to sell my soul also to make some happy.

I guess I am NO American enough because my blood have no anglo saxon in it. Right?

Well at least my children's blood have it so they are More American that I ever be.

That is what you want to hear.

Just been a littler sarcastic myself.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey Marg, know what, my mother's sister married a Puerto Rican. So I have six first cousins who are half Puerto Rican!
I took Spanish in school (six years) so I'd be able to better communicate with my uncle.

Isn't PR an American territory? Like, if you're born in PR, you're American? How does that work exactly?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
But remember, Puerto Rico doesn't have the right to vote. Try to figure that one out.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Mexico is has poor, and the USA is rich. This is the root of the problem. If you don't like it, then help stop Mexico from being poor.

Mexico isn't poor, the people of Mexico are poor. The only ones who are going to help Mexico are the Mexicans or are you suggesting the USA butt into another nations business? Mexico has huge natural resources and labor. We already send millions in aid, allow millions of immigrants, legal and illegal, send jobs down there. We even send illegals who moved back to Mexico social freaking security! The only ones who are going to fix things in Mexico are the very people they are sending up here.

I don't believe we are doing the right thing by allowing the elites in Mexico to get rid of the ones that would force a change in one of the most corrupt nations on the planet.

Twenty five years ago I was living in a town just seven miles from the border. My friends and I liked to ride out in the desert on our atvs for some fun. I Passed thru 2 years ago and could not believe the change. Crime was rampant. Grafitti was everywhere. Unemployment is rampant. The place has turned into a dump of low income housing and gangs. Nobody but the few people I still knew there spoke English. My friends, who's last names are Gutierrez and Cota btw, wanted to ride in the desert, but insisted we take pistols and it wasn't because they were worried about lions, tigers and bears. The surrounding desert has become a very hazardous place because of illegal aliens, drug smugglers and people smugglers.

The unchecked flow of illegals into the community has destroyed the community. The town is no better off now than the town just south of the border. Who does that help? The only one I can think of is Vicente Fox and his Klan.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well said Not!

I can't beleive people turn a blind eye.

The civil war will start when America announces they are cutting off welfare and aid to these free loaders and sending them back.

You are right about it being one of the most corrupt nations. God I wish people would wake up.

Ever seen that SNL skit about the free loading guest that would not leave? Well thats illegals.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by MauiStacey]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Please, expand on this. I'm very curious as to your thoughts on the filthy disease ridden Mexicans, and the possability of tainting our pure American health.

There ya go. If you can't debate, try and race bait. I'm a poet and didn't even no et.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
No Puertorricans Not vote for president but they vote for the primaries and anything else.

Also Puertorricans can vote for president onces they are residing In the US in any state just when they are in the Island residing then they have not presidential vote but it has to do with territory.

Right now the US greatest minority group is Spanish people, right now everybody in the US has links to Spanish people, either by marriage, friendship or just in the work place.

But unless you live in a remote area in the US where people have closed their community to outsiders you will be meeting a Spanish person.

Already one of the bills has been passed today, and to tell you the truth the immigrant residing in the US that are about 12 million will stay as your neighbors, family, co workers or just the Spanish person than live down the road.

That is the way that will stay.

Taking in consideration that my husband and me pay not hundreds but thousands of dollars every year in taxes I have a lot to say about where of that tax money goes after all what we pay in taxes is more than what people make in a year.

But here I am been realistic about immigration rather than making fun and silly comments about people that are looking for a better life for them and their children.

But occurs they are portrait as free loaders and a drain in our health care.

Taking in consideration that a lot of our personal tax goes to them I have not complain.

Taking in consideration that if we do not pay for health insurance we would not get free care I really careless who is receiving the help with our tax payer money.

So life suck for some but for others we don't complain because is nice to give away when is extra to give away uncle sam makes sure of that.

So I have not problem with immigration.

Open borders . . .Yes but not immigration.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
But remember, Puerto Rico doesn't have the right to vote. Try to figure that one out.

Very easy to figure out, they dont pay federal tax. Ask any Puerto Rican if they want to become the 51st state and theyll all say no way jose. All that becoming a state would mean to them is that theyd have to cough up 14% of their income to federal tax like the rest of us sorry saps. The question you need to be asking yourself is if they dont pay tax then how is it that they can receive welfare? Very beautiful place but very run down and poor for the most part. We have family friends that live in aquadilla and rincon and we go there a few times a year.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes you are right they do not pay taxes but the Island take plenty just like the states.

Plus everything is already taxable because the tariffs from the goods coming over sea.

So just because is doesn't said tax it doesn't mean is added to the goods.

I have not been in PR in 19 years, I have been in the US for the last 25.

I will be going this may.

Yes is poverty in PR but also is immigration problems and illegals also.

Do to the fact that drugs smuggling and other problems are devastating the Island.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Puerto Rico is my birth place and is my home, US is the place I reside now and no I have not roots or ties to the place I resided in the US right now.

Umm... I’m sorry maybe its just me but I think that anyone who lives in the US and anyone who owes everything they have to the US should at least have more loyalty and respect for it then their birthplace. I have German roots in my family but I’m not walking around waving the German flag, I owe everything to this country and I am an American fist and foremost so the only flag I will salute and respect is Old Glory. Get what I am trying to say? Maybe we have a different mentally and it all has to do with the who assimilating issue.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yes let's all abandon our pasts so that we can be "Americans" never mind the fact that our culture is an amalgam of immigrant cultures

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
Yes let's all abandon our pasts so that we can be "Americans" never mind the fact that our culture is an amalgam of immigrant cultures

uhhh...yeah! your supposed to..... otherwise we will be a dicided nation, a nation of little nations....does it seem to anybody else that this will not work?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Seriously, though, I'd think it would be cheaper to catapult them back across the Rio Grande than keep them here and build camps!

And were do I apply for that job?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Not to the Native Americans

I'm sick to death of this over used guilt mechanism! Perhaps you think the Europeans did a better job appeasing the natives in Africa? In my view, obviously not! In 200 years America put a man on the moon, in 2000 they're still pissn' in their drinkin water!

You know what I think of the Native Americans? "Hello Stone Age, meet the Industrial Age!" What happened was perfectly natural.

God Bless Manifest Destiny!

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Earlybird]

mod edit: quote correction

[edit on 28-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would like to state for the record that the above is not my quote. There must have been an issue with the quotation. Anyone reading this... I did not write what was stated above

Edit: The quote correction was made. I would like to respond by saying manifest destiny isn't limited to the USA. It can be applied to any group moving in on another persons land. so

Manifest Destiny!!!

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Rasobasi420]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join