It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptozoology Action Figures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Get 'em while they're hot!

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Dude! I want the chupacabra! They also have a reptilian figure, and that one is cool too.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is phenomenal!!

Next Christmas list.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
These things are rockin' I want them all especially the Chupa and the Jersey Devil. Excellent!

Are they actually available or are they just teasing us mercilessly?

TantricWolf

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I only briefly skimmed the page, but I believe it said that they were supposed to be released in February of 2001. The pictures and drawings shown are just prototypes, or something to that effect. Anyway, the release date kept getting pushed back further and further. Eventually, the company website was shut down and the phone disconnected. I guess they went out of business before they ever got a chance to launch the figures.

Now, I hardly read much of it. But I think if you look there may be a few of them floating around. Might want to try E-bay or something as some of them may have been released after all. I did read that the Loch Ness Monster one was never released. The writer said the Mothman and one of the others looked kinda lame. Even if these figures were never sold in large scale, I'm sure there are other companies out there that have sold figures of some of these creatures in the past. I'd definitely try E-bay or one of the other online auction sites.

My father, when he was alive, used to collect old monster models like TheCreature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, etc, etc. I know that they still make models like those, so it wouldnt surprise me in the least if there were at least some Bigfoot/Yetti/Sasquatch-type models/figures out there.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ok, now having read some more of this website, I take back what I originally said in my first paragraph. Apparantly, the Bigfoot, Mothman and Jersey Devil figures were released in 2003, but are no longer in production. I'm sure you can find used ones, or even ones still in the original package as there are lots of collectors out there who never open their figures.

I think it was some of the figures towards the bottom of the page that never ended up coming out, and the company went out of business (like I said in my first post, first paragraph). So, if you're interested in any of these figures I'd just do an internet search or check the auctions online. If worse comes to worse, suck it up and go to one of those geeky comic book conventions that come to town. Lots of collectors are usually there with these types of things and it wouldn't surprise me if some of them had them or at least knew where to get them. Happy hunting!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wow, I never considered all the money to be made in a venture in the paranormal/cryptozoological. Not just hoaxing either

That's the most badarse Jersey Devil I've ever seen, too

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
LOL, who can say "cryptozoology for the masses"?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Awwwww!

Why would they not make those (the ones to be released in 2001 I mean)? The series with the Dover Demon and the Flatwoods Monster would have been NICE if they were anywhere even near the art the first few were to be.

Ah... makes me sad.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is one way crypto zoology can become more popular, I think they should bring back the figurines, start the crypto zoo researchers of early since most of the figurines look like they target the youth. Anyway ive seen a few on ebay, if anyones interested you might get them there.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think this would be an excellent venture for ATS. The market would be huge, from kids who just like weird stuff to adults who, well, just like weird stuff.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I think this would be an excellent venture for ATS. The market would be huge, from kids who just like weird stuff to adults who, well, just like weird stuff.

Oh, yeah. I know I would want a few, and I would imagine that it would draw quite a number of new members to ATS if the marketing went well.

Maybe it would even be possible for ATS to pick up the series Nevermore Creations failed to manufacture, you think? Those things just look bad assed.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hope they may start selling these in simple shops like Woolworths,but these are collectable figures and not kid toys so unlikly,just be for sale in Action Figure Shops and online :S

I love the Mothman

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Someones making them (maybe not the exact same ones but a crypto action figure set) because they are all over Ebay.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It says Chupacabra and the rest were released in 2003,then,dis-continued.Let me spell it out for everyone who hasn't read the link's website:
D-i-s-c-c-o-n-t-i-n-u-e-d p-r-o-d-u-c-t-s.

But,I know one little thing....look at thje other link on the website,it shows new products about to be released.It has an awsome,realistic,Chupacbra.
Awsome!

new topics

top topics

join