It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awacs+M1A2+THAADand or MEADS+F/A 22 vs S400+SU 37+AWACS +T90

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
alrite please keep the country bashing to a minimum the moderators closed other threads for that remeber the beloved USa vs China thread

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
anything VS anything threads arn`t allowed on ATS

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

Not only that but they're pointless, they don't show anyone ANYTHING, other than an opinion, nothing can actually be gained of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I agree, they are pretty much pointless, the pro-Russian and pro-American BS will be flying around our ears as fast as you can say F-22.

Just to let you know, the Russian AWACS is called A-50 Mainstay which is a Il-76 with a radardome on it like the E-3C Sentry AWACS plane.

And the T-80U is a more accuracte match for the Abrams, the T-90 is a glorified T-72.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

i thought it was country vs country i still saw some vs threads besides im just comparing weapons ysytems i dont see what the big deal is?????????

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

Not only that but they're pointless, they don't show anyone ANYTHING, other than an opinion, nothing can actually be gained of it.

not necessarily ive seen similaar threads on similar forums and its not opinion based it'll be long but there will be a victor

[edit on 11-3-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

And the T-80U is a more accuracte match for the Abrams, the T-90 is a glorified T-72.

That doesn't mean that its worse than the T-80U,does it?
You done some reading on this?Because I haven't and well I'm curious to know the basis of you're obervation.

I am particularly interested as the Pak army had/has ordered 320 T-80U MBTs from Ukraine to which the Indian army responded by ordering 310 T-90S MBTs from Russia

T-90S

T-80U

Live thread!! Live!!

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
T 80 and 90's aint invinceible modern antitank wepaons can defeat modern tank armor such as chobham or other reactive or hard armors the ame goes for dpleted uranium round they can also penetrate modern tank armor MBt's are easily taken out if ur facin a modern miliatray and the M1A2and challenger are tough contenders it aint a walk in the park for the T90. well anyways back to he question M1A2+F/A 22+THAAd or MEADS +AWCSvs Su 37+S400 +T90+AWCS this si not country vs country simply a weapon systems comparision

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well the general state of enlightenment is "Nothing is a walk in the park for anything"..

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158

Why the su-37?

it was a technology demonstator and will never see combat.

and as far as i know the s- 400 isnt in service yet so shouldnt it be
Awacs+M1A2+THAADand or MEADS+F/A 22 vs AWACS +T90

in which case i think the americans should win.

Justin

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
slrite then the SU 47 lets pretend it is going to be produced then lets see well anywyz the american side would get the air superiority and neurtalize the SAMS
so yea but the T90 is better than the Abrms im an american and i admit id rather have a t90 than an abrams

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

slrite then the SU 47 lets pretend it is going to be produced then lets see

so we are now dealing with a fantasy not reality.

Justin

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Justin, I don't completely 100 percent agree with your statement, but thank you for being one of he few people on ATS who know that the Su-37 is a technology demonstrator.

So many times have I had to correct that, I always hear things like "O yeah, well the Su-37 when mass produced can wipe the floor with anything" only problem is that the Su-37 was never meant to become a mass produced aircraft. The technology was meant for upgraded Su-35's and for Su-30MKI's.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3

Why the su-37?

Justin

I don't think that Su-37 (Terminator) can't be in active service (if Russia have money for project). Russia just can change stuff's (engines) on existing Su-27.
Iwas look some interesting story on Discovery (they never repeat that story again) about F/A-22. After saying Raptor can do this or Raptor can do that they said something like this " ... but from the East he (Raptor) have equvalent in Su-37. And not only eq. it can be that Su-37 is best Air superiorty fighter in the world right now."

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serbian_SPIRIT

Originally posted by justin_barton3

Why the su-37?

Justin

I don't think that Su-37 (Terminator) can't be in active service (if Russia have money for project). Russia just can change stuff's (engines) on existing Su-27.
Iwas look some interesting story on Discovery (they never repeat that story again) about F/A-22. After saying Raptor can do this or Raptor can do that they said something like this " ... but from the East he (Raptor) have equvalent in Su-37. And not only eq. it can be that Su-37 is best Air superiorty fighter in the world right now."

o really the Su 37 can never reach the cpaability of the raptor www.f22-raptor.com... go over it

besides the Su 37 couldnt detect the raptor especially when fighting at BVR the raptor ould blow it away maybe its better at bvr but raptor vs su3 raptor would win hands down lets compare THAAD with the S400 and i can include other air defenses as well

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I don't think that Su-37 (Terminator) can't be in active service (if Russia have money for project).

Russia doesnt have the money for it.

for those of you who cant read what shattered skies and i wrote i'll repeat, the s-37 is a TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATOR. it is meant to demonstrate technology. The lessons learnt from this plane and the technology develouped will be filtered down into normal aircraft. This plane will NEVER go into full scale production.

This aircraft combines stealth design with the supersonic, highly maneuverable, dual-engine, long-range requirements of an air-to-air fighter and will have an inherent air-to-ground capability. The F-22’s integrated avionics gives it first-look, first-shot, first-kill capability that will guarantee U.S. air dominance for the next 40 years.
Source:www.f22-raptor.com...

Justin

ps

Justin, I don't completely 100 percent agree with your statement, but thank you for being one of he few people on ATS who know that the Su-37 is a technology demonstrator.

Im not trying to pick a fight but what in particular did you disagree with.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by justin_barton3]

[edit on 11-3-2006 by justin_barton3]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

o really the Su 37 can never reach the cpaability of the raptor www.f22-raptor.com... go over it

besides the Su 37 couldnt detect the raptor especially when fighting at BVR the raptor ould blow it away maybe its better at bvr but raptor vs su3 raptor would win hands down lets compare THAAD with the S400 and i can include other air defenses as well

Tech ditail's About Su-37
www.geocities.com...
www.saunalahti.fi...

For locking you have to use radar (passive from awacs or active your plane) or you can fire your I.C. missles on blind and hope for the best (this system use the in Kosovo 1999 Serbian anti-aircraft force from land. They put rocket bussters on missles to make launching speed even with launching speed from aircraft). Also i am talking about trust vectoring control on Terminator Su-37 (not S-37 or Su-47 Berkut) it is 360 degrees.

And I know that Su-37 and Su-47 is experimental planes, i was only saying what i see on Discovery. I will try to find that movie and will put link shortly (i hope) but can not promise.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Serbian_SPIRIT]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Tech ditail's About Su-37
www.geocities.com...
www.saunalahti.fi...

For locking you have to use radar (passive from awacs or active your plane) or you can fire your I.C. missles on blind and hope for the best (this system use the in Kosovo 1999 Serbian anti-aircraft force from land. They put rocket bussters on missles to make launching speed even with launching speed from aircraft). Also i am talking about trust vectoring control on Terminator Su-37 (not S-37 or Su-47 Berkut) it is 360 degrees.

And I know that Su-37 and Su-47 is experimental planes, i was only saying what i see on Discovery. I will try to find that movie and will put link shortly (i hope) but can not promise.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Serbian_SPIRIT]

Ic good luck getting into range with that plus you dont know everything abou the F/A 22 even i dont . 60% of its capabilities are classified who knows what it can do plus i'd like to know can it supercruise at mach1.7 the 37 or 47 just curious and wat do u thnk about THAAD vs the S400

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Actually, come to think of it, I don't even remember what I disagreed with.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Actually, come to think of it, I don't even remember what I disagreed with.

Shattered OUT...

fair enough

Justin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join