It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Categories, etc

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We could especially use category tabs like 'conspiracy theorists' and 'secret societies' and the like.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was thinking about this the other day.

Maybe we can just use the same categories that we use on ATS. NWO, Aliens & UFOs, ect...

It would be cool if the Icons from the boards can be placed next to the category name linking to the matching ATS board.
This would be something that would really make tinWiki stand out from wikipedia.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Is this something easy to do?
Just special code, like for the links.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The code is like this for categories.

[[Category:Category Name]]

So if the Category was NWO it would be

[[Category: NWO]]

If and when we have uploading abilities slapping an icon should be easy too.

I think this would be a good place for us to disscuss what catagories are needed.
I recommend we just use the same categories we use on ATS. This will make things simple for us.

Does everyone agree?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That would make sense to me

The less confusion, the better.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
cross-linking: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that we're also going to need categories outside of ATS forum titles. I'll throw some of those in. Like "Conspriacy Theorists" and "Conspiracy Theory" (as in, this article is on a particular conspiracy theory).

All you have to do is type [[Category:Category Title]] at the bottom of a page to get it logged as a category??

[edit on 13-3-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've been working on these this morning. Articles can fit into many different categories so it is no problem to have more categories than we use on ATS.

Categories need write ups also. I've made write-ups for all existing categories except for Area 51 and Bases, it used to be Area 51 and other Facilities. All I did was basically copy and paste ATS forum descriptions along with board links for the write ups. As Area 51 and other Facilities are split up now I don’t know what to write up on the new categories

Things are becoming much more organized and looking nice

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
All you have to do is type [[Category:Category Title]] at the bottom of a page to get it logged as a category??
That can be placed anywhere in the text...
I normally put that at the top for easy access so when you need to add in another or change it.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Okay, how do you add a new category to this page:
tinwiki.org...:Categories
I don't see "edit" anwhere?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I noticed that too. Maybe only WOS can edit that page.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't think you have to add to that page, that is a special page that just collects information about what categories there are.

I tried adding a category of 'conspiracy theorists' to this article
tinwiki.org...

but to no avail.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I tried adding a category of 'conspiracy theorists' to this article
tinwiki.org...

but to no avail.

The category is there but a write-up needs to be made for it.

[edit on 13/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh, I was making a new category for the Icke forum, you had your code like this [[:Category, I took out the :

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Does David Icke need a category or should it be just lumped in with SS and NWO?
How many separate articles will be made that will go into the David Icke category?

Same for Area 51 and Bases should these just be lumped together as Area 51 and other Facilities? How many separate articles will be made for Area 51?

If we can define our categories well this early in the game it will save us a lot of trouble later if we need to make a fix.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
ah, i see, i think i understand the coding now.

I am still sceptical about having the forum names as categories, the tinwiki isn't the ATSwikipedia, ya know?

We have a category now for 'aircraft projects', seems like that sort of thing should be removed. Area 51 shouldn't be a whole category either, i'd think. Maybe 'Secret Bases' would suffice.

Here are what I think is a good start ( of course, tinwikians will add stuff as things grow anyway).

Secret Societies
Religious Cults
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theorists
Organizations
Alien Nations
Alien Technology
UFO Sightings
Paranormal Phenomena
Cryptozoology
Paranormal Entities
Black Government Projects
etc etc, just to cover the basics.

Does this make sense?

In a certain sense, categories will operate something like content tags (though be of much much smaller numbers)

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think David Icke would fall into a category. There isnt enough to have him just in his own category. Also, I split the Area 51 and bases last night because I panicked. So yes, Umbrax, lets merge the bases and Area 51, however lets use Nygdans idea and give the categories unique and broad names. However I think that Religous cults should just be "Cults". Some categories will have to have similar names though, like secret societies. I like the "secret bases" as a category name, and I suppose if we come up with anything better along the line we can edit to whatever we want.

hmmm.... I also think that we should just lump alien nations and alien technology into a single, broad category called 'aliens'. I dont think there are enough species of aliens documented to call for its own category.

Be creative but try and keep the subjects broad, so that we dont end up with too many categories. Like I said, nothing is written in stone, so we can always edit anything we change our minds about.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Isn’t collaboration fun
?

How about this for the categories then?

Secret Societies > This will include NWO subjects also.
Cults> Cult groups religious or not.
Conspiracy Theorists > just as Nygan has as-is.
Conspiracy Theories > All theories from intentional viruses to media manipulation to 9/11 to the moon landing to religion.
Aliens and Ufos > all things related to aliens and UFOs.
Paranormal studies > all things paranormal.
Government secrets > includes secret bases (area 51). Aurora, HARPP, Political conspiracies.

I think if we go this rout less is more. Also the more complicated we make things the harder it is for new people to get on the tinWiki wagon. Down the line we can make new sub-categories also.

Let’s figure out exactly how we need this to be before re-writing things.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Im not crazy about the "government secrets" thing. Also, we need to consider cryptozoology categories as we are including fringe aspect subjects along with conspiracies.

[edit on 3-13-2006 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Im not crazy about the "government secrets" thing.

What should we do for articles like Area 51. Aurora, HARPP, and JFK? Maybe just have them in with Conspiracy Theories? Or was it just the name you wre refering to?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, I agree less is more.
Don't you think we should decide before doing a bunch of labeling that need to be redone?

Secret Societies > This will include NWO subjects also.
Cults> Cult groups religious or not.
Conspiracy Theorists > just as Nygan has as-is.
Conspiracy Theories > All theories from intentional viruses to media manipulation to 9/11 to the moon landing to religion.
Aliens and Ufos > all things related to aliens and UFOs.
Paranormal studies > all things paranormal.
Government projects and installations> includes secret bases (area 51). Aurora, HARPP, Political conspiracies.

Also consider:
Religion>anything about religion or faith
Science>for medical and science issues
Myths, Legends & Beasts>covering Ancient Civil, Crypto

[edit on 13-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join