It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Categories, etc

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just a thought, what about a known Hoaxes category.
Plus how about making a [Template:Hoax] for easy spotting.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think that covers everything perfectly DontTreadOnMe.

(Alphabetized)

Aliens and Ufos
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theorists
Cults
Government projects and installations
Myths, Legends & Beasts
Paranormal studies
Science
Secret Societies

Can we all agree on this?

[edit on 13/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Go for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Okay

New categories are up. New write-ups are needed for all of them. The write-ups should be brief and to the point on what the category is all about.
Using Nygdan work tinwiki.org...:Conspiracy_Theorists as an example.

Future changes in categories should be discussed in this thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Write-ups are made for the categories now. If you think something has to be added to the write-ups please do so. Just like the rest of tinWiki. This is a collaborative project so if anyone thinks they an make tinWiki better please jump on.

For adding articles to categories I’ve just been hitting the “random page” link and checking to see if a category fix is needed. Any help with this is appreciated.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow. The new layout is far easier to navigate.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Woot! I'll help out by categorising stuff that hasn't been categorised yet.
^_^

Someone asked the question about where stuff like HAARP and other crazy technology would go, that would go into Science, as well as Government projects and installations, I believe. (Unless it was a reference to a reverse-engineered technology from an alien craft, in which case it would go into the Aliens & UFO's cat. too)

EDIT: How do we put something into multiple categories, do we use a | to divide it or what? I'm new to wiki code... Also, where do we put People that aren't conspiracy theorists, like Donald Rumsfeld, or George W. Bush, that RELATE to conspiracy theories, but don't fall under the category of conspiracy theorists...

EDIT2: I propose adding the "Websites" and "People" categories. (and possibly have sub-categories of "People: Conspiracy Theorists", "People: Military, Politics & Government", "People: Authors" etc...) with some falling under multiple categories.

For example, AboveTopSecret.com's entry would fall under Websites, as would Rense.com, PrisonPlanet.com, BelowTopSecret.com, ATSNN.com, AlJazeera.com, ConspiracyArchive.com, etc.. these almost all warrant their own entry in the wiki, given that we want this to be an encyclopaedia of all things conspiratorial and paranormal.

John Howard, Margarent Thatcher, Adolf Hitler, George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Lenin, Trostky, Joseph Stalin, and goodness knows how many other characters I could name, would fall under "People: Military, Politics & Government".

David Icke, Alex Jones, NrKy (
), Zecharia Sitchin, etc.. would fall under "People: Conspiracy Theorists", with a fair few of them (including George Orwell/Eric Blair, and a couple of the earlier-mentioned ones) falling under the "People: Authors" category, too.

[edit on 14/3/2006 by nrky]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
EDIT: How do we put something into multiple categories, do we use a | to divide it or what? I'm new to wiki code... Also, where do we put People that aren't conspiracy theorists, like Donald Rumsfeld, or George W. Bush, that RELATE to conspiracy theories, but don't fall under the category of conspiracy theorists...

Here is an example of code for multi-categories.
[[Category
aranormal Studies]]
[[Category:Aliens and UFOs]]

Sometimes an article will fit into many categories and sometimes an article will feel like it doesn’t belong in a category. For example, George Bush. Place the article in the category that it will be connected too. George Bush via Skull and bones will fall into the Secret Societies category. As he is part of the government he would also fall into the Government projects and installations category and so on and so on.

[edit on 14/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Should we halt adding categories info to entries until the new categories are put in place?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What kind of categories do you all think we need to have for pages out side the bulk of tinWiki such as help pages?

For now I have moved all these types of pages into the Help Category just to make the Uncategorized pages page functional.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ok this might seem like a silly question but how do i add my articles to the catogerys? i made one about the mothman and chupacabra (iwas told about merging this with the el chupacabra article but i dont know how to)

thanks if anyone can help

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
ok this might seem like a silly question but how do i add my articles to the catogerys? i made one about the mothman and chupacabra (iwas told about merging this with the el chupacabra article but i dont know how to)

ronishia, at the very bottom of the article, type this in exactly as I have it here:

[[Category: Myths, Legends and Beasts]]
[[Category: Paranormal Studies]]

Just copy and paste. The categories are case sensitive...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

Originally posted by ronishia

ronishia, at the very bottom of the article, type this in exactly as I have it here:

[[Category: Myths, Legends and Beasts]]
[[Category: Paranormal Studies]]

Just copy and paste. The categories are case sensitive...

Thank you william il do that now

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
How about adding a September 11 category? there is no much about 9/11 related conspiracies that could use their own seperate articles, that I think it justifies its onw category.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with that.

Are there any detractors?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i think that would be a great idea, there always numerous stuff that would go in it and the potential is good that it would turn out to be massive

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
9/11 is a huge topic and maybe we will need a category for it. Why not for now, work on the existing page and take it from there?

What should the main 9/11 entry include, just the official story and list of events?

Perhaps we should wait for a few pages to be established (not stubs) before officially launching the category?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Perhaps we should wait for a few pages to be established (not stubs) before officially launching the category?

Good point. Although in the long run it shouldnt make a difference. But yeah, we only have the one stub right now...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I suppose I could expand on it then. maybe just give a quick outline of some of the conspiracies involved, nothing too long or detailed.

maybe it could be expanded from there?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Today I'll start adding a timeline of events to the existing 9/11 article.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join