It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's cSoUmBmLeIrMcNiAaLl Messaging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
About 8 years ago Howard's Liberal Government was enjoying their first term in office and were gearing up for the introduction of a Goods and Services Tax if they were re-elceted for a second term. i recal sitting down a week or so before the election and watching a Television commercial promoting the state run $2.00 lottery and the last two seconds of the commercial was basically just the lucky lottery logo which has a great amount of Black in it, anyway, watermarked in the black of the image were the letters G.S.T very large and not jumping out but just slightly noticable, was the government trying to make us associate the pending 10% tax on everything we paid for with good luck and lots of money?? i noticed it each time i saw the advertisement until after the elwction, which, i might add they won. John Howard is still in power here today he is George bushes lap dog, bouncing up and down getting ready to have Mr. Bush down here on a holiday . Whats more they are starting to echo the USA's homeland security mumbo jumbo saying we really need it here etc, and are looking at placing US controlled early warning stations and missile bases on our Northen shores. but enough of that ..has anyone else noticed anything "subliminal" going on lately?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ive not noticed anything subliminal on tv... i have notcied alot of properganda though

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Another one that just came to mind was coca-cola got a kick in the butt a while back over here for having the subliminal image of a naked lady( the lady looked like she was made of ice) in a glass of ice as some fella poured coke into the glass

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Whats more they are starting to echo the USA's homeland security mumbo jumbo saying we really need it here etc,

actually John HOward has stated we dont need a homeland security department.

and are looking at placing US controlled early warning stations and missile bases on our Northen shores

Pine Gap, Woomera and Nurrungar , those systems are already here and have been since the 70's.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Maybe, but he was singing a different song on the channel 7 news the other night. at least i think it was the channel 7 news..

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Has there been any media analysis on the use of the GST lettering in the Lotteries ad?

Was GST (as an acronym for something else entirely) relevant to the Lotteries in some way?

To insert this in an imperceptible (subliminal) way would have been totally illegal.

I'm interested in the why's and wherefores of this, but I have not heard of these ads before. Can you link to some other coverage of this, or was it solely your perception?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It was soley my perception I have to admit, but confirmed by other people around me in the room and seen as clear as a bell when it was pointed out to them. I can't even point you to the site to show you a picture of the lotteries logo because they have changed since the commercial went to air some years ago.
"http://www.nswlotteries.com.au/index.html"

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
the channel 7 news in what state? I can point you to an article which states and quotes Howard as saying we dont need a homeland security department

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well, I am in NSW..I am gonna have to go dig it up from somewhere from the looks of things..,oO(note to self..maybe i should have just said on TV)...I'll try and find something and post a link..

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Admittedly this is from this time last year, but i will find something more current...eventually.
www.islamonline.net...www.islamonline.net...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Am getting closer, he is talking about setting up an elite division within his division to protect our shores. but is saying it is NOT A HOMELAND SECURITY department..
what is it going to be then Johnny.???
Little Johnny's Speech

QUOTE: Interviews
23 May 2003

TRANSCRIPT OF THE PRIME MINISTER
THE HON JOHN HOWARD MP
INTERVIEW WITH JOHN MILLER AND ROSS DAVIE,
RADIO 4BC, BRISBANE

Subject: welcome home of troops; homeland security; terrorism threat; US bases in Australia; Governor General; golden handshakes; medical indemnity insurance; tree clearing; Great Barrier Reef; medicinal trial of cannabis; terror threat; weapons of mass destruction; behaviour of Australian cricketers.

E&OE��������������������������������

JOURNALIST:

Good morning Mr Howard.

JOURNALIST:

Good morning Prime Minister, welcome back to Brisbane again. Just before we get into some of the other issues I have to remark that I could you see that you were visibly very emotionally affected greeting the homecoming troops.

PRIME MINISTER:

Oh I was. I met about half of them in the Gulf a couple of weeks ago. They�ve done a fantastic job and I just so happy that all of them came back without a scratch, that was the most important thing. I know their families were anxious in a way that nobody else could be but I was just so pleased that they came home unscathed. They�ve done a great job and their spirit was terrific, they were sent in a just cause and they did their job very effectively and I�m just so happy they�re back.

JOURNALIST:

Particularly our SAS.

PRIME MINISTER:

Yes, the SAS of course are the most superbly trained, they�re the very tough end of a very tough professional ADF. But I wouldn�t play down the role of other people and I wouldn�t play down the role of those people who kept the helicopters and the planes superbly maintained because often these days you have more casualties through the malfunction of equipment than you do sometimes with shooting and everybody played a great part and I think this country can be immensely proud of what they went to do and the way in which they did it and they�ve certainly won the support of people all around the world.

JOURNALIST:

It�s a mammoth task isn�t it? I couldn�t believe that the helicopters come back in pieces and they�ll now rebuild them over the next couple of weeks.

PRIME MINISTER:

And it is, it�s an extraordinary exercise and I visited Hunter Aerospace, which is the company that maintains the Blackhawks and the Schinooks, and I told the 70 or 80 men there that they, by maintaining the helicopters in such great conditions, made a huge and absolutely incalculable contribution to saving the lives of our own forces.

JOURNALIST:

Now on that theme, continuing on the theme, the Australian newspaper today is carrying a story today that an elite security and counter-terrorism division, I�m quoting here, has been formed within the top ranks of the Howard Government as what they call a defacto homeland security office. Can you tell us something about that?

PRIME MINISTER:

Yes I can, it�s a bit of an overwrite or a beat-up or whatever you call it in your trade and I know nobody here is calling it those things. What�s happened is that for a long time in my Department there�s been an international division which has dealt with foreign affairs and defence and security and those things and we�re actually dividing it into two, we�re creating a special division of my division to deal with defence, security, intelligence and border protection and we�re going to put some extra resources into it. It is in no way a defacto homeland security department, we don�t need a homeland security department, our co-ordination arrangements in this area do work very well. We have a very good National Security Committee of Cabinet which meets on a very regular basis and through the whole of the Iraqi issue it met regularly, sometimes daily and it comprises myself, Foreign Minister, Defence Minister, Treasurer, Deputy Prime Minister, Attorney General and Minister for Immigration. And plus the five or six departmental heads, including the Director General of ASIO and the head of the Office of National Assessments. Now they are the people who are meeting on a regular basis provide a very good whole of government approach, this is just a reorganisation in my Department, it will certainly further bolster the co-ordination arrangements and provide even better streams of advice to me, but nobody should see it as a defacto homeland security department, we don�t need such an animal, if I can put it that way, in our government arrangements. I think our arrangements have worked better than any alternatives could have and I don�t see any need for a new department, it would just be more bureaucracy, unnecessarily�

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
aah gotta love HOward and his political bull#.

are we getting one or NOT getting one you babbling little tosser Johnny????

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...or maybe not
welcome to Australia's homeland security office

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Emergency Management???

jesus

this from the people who brought us the fridge magnets with the terrorist hotline number and a nice little message ( in english) " if you cant speak english dial this number for a translation"

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   
yep, Emergency Management..., Didn't FEMA , America's Emergency Management Department basically have the ability for total control , if it so desired? now its part of if not the head department of (guessing with those last 6 words)the HOMELAND SECURITY dept....It's starting here too I reckon.. we just got our FEMA....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
bring on the next federal election I say

top topics

join