It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh. My. Gosh! Do you have any idea how much you sound like a teenage girl who's demanding attention?

READ THE THREAD! Please do not come in here and expect me to be rational about this after two years of hearing the same lame excuses about the theory simply because some people can't be bothered to actually read the research! I already know what your links say.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's so completely frustrating. You have no idea.
There's a ton of really good research and reference
material in this thread, including data from government
research labs, air force labs, etc, in .pdf files and news
articles, for your perusal and you didn't read a one of them didya?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Agreed.

I remember when this thread was first created, we gathered A LOT of information, even though undo and I remain sceptical in certain areas, we both find the subject matter extremely fascinating to research.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Laws are laws for a reason, have they tried it yet? (ehhhhh) I'm really thinking that you'd do well for writing sci-fi novels, I'd definately pick up a copy.

You realize you're dealing with a force which has recoil, correct? Well, tell you what, when they walk through, and come back, and nothing happens at all...let me know, until then...we're gonna hang out here in the real world.

If you've heard it before, again...maybe it's because it's true. Just maybe, but then again, you've gotta be right, you just gotta be. Wrong? I'm not going to continue to argue with a mind that doesn't process the ideas of general laws when it comes to physics. It really bothers me that someone who has good theories doesn't take into full account recoils, or problems thereof.

It also really disappoints me that all you seem to be able to do, is get hostile about the situation, to someone new who jumped in the thread...now, if you really wanted to sell me on the idea, I would've thought you'd provide me with some additional links that I may have missed, instead you're getting rather defensive about the subject, that strikes me as interesting.

I'm not going to argue with someone who apparently can't capture the spectrum appropriately, but what I will say is, it's a very "cool" idea.

Infinate => Always respected as a poster, will just have to agree to disagree about these "findings".

[edit on 14.4.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by undo

Agreed.

I remember when this thread was first created, we gathered A LOT of information, even though undo and I remain sceptical in certain areas, we both find the subject matter extremely fascinating to research.

He's not going to understand that. He thinks I'm selling books and looking for attention. He has no idea what this thread is about, at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I should add, that to me...and this is to me, I'll go ahead and express personal ideas. These "facts" and arrays of information, don't seem to add up to result anything in particular "amazing" to me. It just seems like a lot of wishful thinking.

Then again, I just might be hyper-skeptical because of my long "ATS Absence"

None the less...it's a very entertaining idea, and for that I do give you credit.

[edit on 14.4.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

now, if you really wanted to sell me on the idea, I would've thought you'd provide me with some additional links

Provide you with links? I already did! You just can't be bothered to read the flippin' thread!

*tosses up hands outta sheer frustration!*

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ZORGON,

Don't give him the links.
Let him put his smarts where his fingers are.
I need a copy and paste response to that kind of post.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Additional links like say "hey dummy, read these, again!"

No matter, I went back through, I didn't read ALL of them, I'm not going to be a liar here, and a lot I glanced, but from what I saw, there wasn't anything in particular that stood out amongst them. Maybe I just need caffine, or maybe I'm just not "hoping" enough, but that was my take.

Will respect the idea though, as I said, it's fun...and if you can figure out how to get around the spaghettification, a bit more possible.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
He produce anything you can link for those of us who relish the outlandish

Well certainly my friend... Brian is an associate of Pegasus and runs a darn good serious encounter group helping contactees deal with their problems without the Trolls

www.thelivingmoon.com...

And considering you are 'over there' you might be interested in "Giza Enigma, A Legacy From the Past "

[edit on 14-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Brief synopsis (minus the links. you have to get them for yourself)

It started with research on the biblical bottomless pit, otherwise known as the abyss. This lead to research of ancient texts, particulary those of sumerian-akkadian authors and egyptian authors. It dawned on me that the sumerian Abzu was the same thing as the biblical abyss and therefore, the bottomless pit. One thing lead to the next and the final result was this mammoth theory that spanned thousands of years, and which bore alot of similarity to the movie and TV show, STARGATE.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Okay, I resign my comments referring to the WormHole/BlackHole topic...I made a misunderstanding, you are referring to the standard idea of Quantam Travel, which does not necessarily involve shifting any law.

(I just did some selective browsing looking for apparent CREDIBLE sources, when wiki came up).

en.wikipedia.org...

While I'm aware of QT's existance, it's somewhat out of my realm...I understand the idea and the concept, but I have problems coming to the conclusion of how you're going to get from point A, to point B, if point B doesn't have a related article to trigger a certain event.

Okay, now you do have me.
But I will still need to look deeper. This is theoretically possible, but...I'm not sure you'd be the same when you come out the other side, if that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Laws are laws for a reason,

Yup they are there to be broken...
And science 'laws' only hold true until the next new ones come along... how many times in history has this happened?

Einstein will fall... mark my words... its getting close now

You realize you're dealing with a force which has recoil, correct? Well, tell you what, when they walk through, and come back, and nothing happens at all...let me know, until then...we're gonna hang out here in the real world.

And what 'force' would this be exactly? I assume you are well versed in the latest theories of Quantum Teleportation? I mean you have read all Hawking's material on the subject for one?

I would've thought you'd provide me with some additional links that I may have missed, instead you're getting rather defensive about the subject, that strikes me as interesting.

Tell you what I will provide you with more 'additional' links and even take the time to rehash old links...IF You can tell me the contents of FIVE of the links already provided in the thread...

The thread is long enough without having to redo all the work every time a new dissenter pops up... Undo has worked hard on this presentation... if you are not interested in taking the time to actually read the work, why should we take the time to redo it?

Have you at least studied the Air Force documents we have posted several times? Seems they have no problem with this theory

Oh and just what did you say your qualifications in physics were? I think I missed it

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Have you at least studied the Air Force documents we have posted several times? Seems they have no problem with this theory

He says he may have missed some of the links.

I'm sorry to be rude. I apologize to everyone for losing my cool. 2 years is just too long. I'm not particularly fond of "Trailblazing."

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
'A Brief History of Time' by Steven Hawking...

"I have taken the opportunity to update the book and include new theoretical and observational results obtained since the book was first published (on April Fools’ Day, 1988). I have included a new chapter on wormholes and time travel. Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity seems to offer the possibility that we could create and maintain wormholes, little tubes that connect different regions of space-time. If so, we might be able to use them for rapid travel around the galaxy or travel back in time." Steven Hawking from his book "A Brief History of Time"

I recommend you read that... It is online some where in PDF but as its copy righted its hard to find... ( I have a copy though
)

Funny thing he says the same thing the AF does that they can also go trough time and other dimensions..

And I gotta tell ya when it comes to physics... Hawking has you beat

Airforce Research Projects ...one more time
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Edit ... Dang it I always stick an S on his name

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
While I'm aware of QT's existance, it's somewhat out of my realm...I understand the idea and the concept, but I have problems coming to the conclusion of how you're going to get from point A, to point B, if point B doesn't have a related article to trigger a certain event.

Ah! I see... "it's somewhat out of your realm" Some how that does not surprise me... Well then before you pounce I would suggest getting familiar with it as its the wave of the future and is likely to write all kinds of NEW laws

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You can't rewrite a law that's instated without changing the universe itself. I didn't say that it was far out of my realm. My understand of the general concept "stargate" was that it utilized a wormhole to achieve location to location travel, not quantam travel.

There's no changing the law, there's no adding to the law, it's working around the law that works, I'm just not so sure that QT would work because it would require more than simply a jump from point A, there'd have to be SOME THING able to receive at point B. I really don't think a porta-watch is gonna cut it either.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Actually a thing between gravity and no gravity is a big deal. The space in between molecules is a funny thing, in some areas active, highly aware and alive. If I were to tell you that there is no distance between ANY living or non-living thing in the whole Universe would you believe me?
Thoughts travel through these molecules to one space to another instantaneously.

No secrets are withheld from society if they would only LISTEN.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by menguard]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I read the first 5 pages and i have a theory...

This stargate probably wasnt a tangible gate as people in those times would think... but possible a worm hole or something that would take shape as an anomoly. It is possible that through technology that we do not even comprehend still to this day that the minds of people of those days would need to put something tangible to something that wasnt in order to comprehend what they where seeing...

Undo you make many valid point and just theorizing. In my opinion, in order to solve a mystery as old as to the days of Sumer, a comprehension of the people of those times would have to be know, Just my own theory.

take in mind i havent read every post

[edit on 4/14/2008 by FoxStriker]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well the akkadians had their own version of the Tower of Babel incident mentioned in the bible. The reason I bring this up is Enki used something called the Nam.shub or the Namshub (a few variations on the spelling and meaning), that caused the language of the people to differentiate during this event.

Someone did a study on how the brain interprets language and suggested that there might have been some type of change of the brain itself where the way transmittted data shifted, like changing the charge on a magnet. The entire explanation and link is buried in this thread somewhere. Anyway, neural perception was altered. I don't know if this was simply auditory (speech) or visual as well (Written), but the thought occurs to me that there's a whole lot we don't know yet and the events at the Etemenanki (Tower of Babel, Enki's old E.ABZU location) may have been the cause of it.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by undo]

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join