It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People Often Mistake Your Age?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Offline and online do alot of people think your older or younger based on the way u look or talk?

I look i think 1 year older than i really am cuz of my height.its good with the girls and wit the movies.then i talk sometimes online like a stupid 15 yr old and sometimes a mature 17-18 from wat i've heard.soon i'd probably be able to buy liquor underage lol:w:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
LOL...one year difference?? wow... funny story... was at Walmart the other day and the checkout girl asked me pointing to my son... " I bet he enjoys playing and going out with Grandpa??"

I am 39 and have led a hard life...or so it seems... an almost 4 year old in tow... and now im a Grandpa.. customer relations?? where is it ! lol

The checkout girl was so embarresed when I told her that it was my son...not my grandson!!

Maybe I need a break...lol

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ii'm just allways annoyingly happy
which some people take as me being immature sometimes, when its not
!!

So people probaly think i'm younger i don't know

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
turned 42 last october . i took my oldest son with me who has blue eyes and is light complected shopping with me. the sales girl thought i was his girlfreind .she was very happy when she found out i am his mom.i guess she wanted a shot at him . i am mexican and irish but look mexican . it's very nice to have these genes my mom gave me.i thank her all the time. it helps to like my good ole rock and roll and that i like rap .music keeps you young

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am fifty-two years of age but I am often mistaken for someone in their thirties both in my appearance and in my on-line personna. I don't know why except that I appear younger than I am in person due to good genes and an active life-style.

As far as the perception that I am younger than my years, that would have to be due to the fact that I have remained current. That is, I am still keenly involved in music, popular culture and current events. I havn't allowed myself to become burdened to the point of distraction by the daily grind of life which, as far as I am concerned, would age anyone.

Age is a state of mind. One can be "older than his years" or one can be youthful and filled with wonder and awe at the world. I've made my choice and that is to be involved in life. To continue to grow and to continue to be awed by life, by nature, by existence.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I was driving one day to College, and when I stopped in one of the turning lanes at the light, a woman pulled up beside me in the other left turning lane (theres two turning lanes for the left.) and asks me with a hand motion, to roll down the window. I do, and she asks me, in sortof a yelling-between-cars manner

"Are you old enough to be driving!?!?!?!"

I promptly told her.

"No, I stole my principals car and am going on a beer run."

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I started to ahave when i was 14, and could grow a full beard by the time i was 15

so i got mistaken a lot

now im 19, and because of a heavey bread, much body hair, and a receding hair line, i im apparently about 26

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
People want to know why I don't just go ahead and retire, make room for someone else to join the workforce.

I'm 42.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Your never 42
?!

You look younger i think!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It was freshman year of high school. I was going down to freshamn orientation when a security guard stopped me, yelled at me, and dragged me to the office. I wasn't given any time to expalin and i was given Saturday detention. Aparently I was a junior who was trying to cut class while the freshman went to orientation. That was only time i sat in detention and was proud of how i got there. These guys thought i was older. That was such a cool notion at the time.

Now, because of the way I interact with so many different people on different levels, and because i have a very deep voice, I'm often told I'm about 26 or 27, when I'm really 20. Now sometimes its still cool and all, because i get the attention of older women, but i can't help but think later on in life i might want to look younger, and its not going to work for me.

Oh well. It still brings a smile to my face when my sister and I walk into a bar and they card her and not me

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Im 33 in march but apperantly i only look 25 which is good lol
when i go out with friends one of them(who's 36) always asks people to say how old they think i am, and when they say about 25/26 she gets a bit wound up lol so i always say why do you ask them then if it gets to you .

my boyfriend thought i was 23 when i met him i was 30 lol

I surpose a few years is a good thing especially when i hit 60 im hoping they say i look 35 then lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Offline, everyone will always tell me that I'm immature. I'm this close to smacking them in the head and saying, "If you don't know what the word means, don't use it!" I just joke around alot in school while they're making bad decisions left and right with their money, friends, dating and all that stuff. And I'm the immature one?
Online, I've been called any where from 18-30 years old. One time I was even called 45 years old. I'd perfer to go by what everyone on the net says but I'm 15 right now.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah, all the time, when it's face-to-face. Since I was 16 people always add 2-3 years on top of my actual age. It used to upset me a lot, but by the time I was 19 if anyone over-estimates my age I just let them. Let's me enter nightclubs easier

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i r teh 24
ppl ask r j00 18? when i purchase a lighter.

it only bothers meh when i aint got my ID.

oh yeah and teenagers always think i'm in their age group irl diaf.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Offline, everyone will always tell me that I'm immature. I'm this close to smacking them in the head and saying, "If you don't know what the word means, don't use it!" I just joke around alot in school while they're making bad decisions left and right with their money, friends, dating and all that stuff. And I'm the immature one?

Ugh...tell me about it Voidy... People are the same way with me. I joke around alot, so people think I'm immature (and I can be when I don't need to be mature) but I can be very mature. That would probably be why I have so many older friends. I am 14 and many of my friends at like...17 to 19. When I am being mature tho, people think I am like 3 years older than I am.

Then again...whenever I wear my coat, I have other teenage girls staring at me or hitting on me (just cause I have short hair, and with my coat on you can't really see my figure)...well... that must come in handy some day...

So yeah, alot of people think I am older than I am, while others call me immature cause I joke around...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Even though I am old enough now that people can underestimate my age by a decade and they still think I'm old, I have always looked younger than my age. I'm not sure how I stack up now because I don't go around asking people how old I look, but I can tell when people are flabbergasted when I begin to speak first hand about events that only a person my age would have experienced.

I've had people flat out call me a liar when I tell them I served in Vietnam and I had a car salesman insinuate in a very rude and accusatory way that I was giving him false information when I gave him my birthdate to run a credit check just a few years ago.

On my first liberty in the Marine Corps and just barely 18, I went into a restaurant, in uniform, and could hardly finish my meal because people kept coming up to me asking my age and telling me all kinds of things about themselves. I was pretty clueless at the time and just found it annoying.

After you reach a certain age, nobody really cares unless it has to do with some legal issue, which isn't often the case. To the young, Vietnam is ancient history and I'm just another elderly guy, although even now when I go in for my quarterly haircut, people often comment that I look ten years younger as a result, although that is hardly young.

[edit on 2006/2/25 by GradyPhilpott]

MMP

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Online, every since I was probably 14, people have mistaken me for some one much older. They cite my thought process and maturity as the primary factors. In real life it's the pretty much the same story. I'm often told I look like I'm around 27 year olds (it's probably the facial hair) and I act very mature.
My real age is 21 as of January 3rd.

[edit on 2/25/2006 by MMP]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am 31, but most people think I am in my mid-20s, mainly becasue I still have minor acne problems, physically active and often like having fun or playing around. I also dont drink a lot or smoke, nor have gone out to wild parties.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
I also dont drink a lot or smoke, nor have gone out to wild parties.

Hell, I was in my forties before I stopped doing those things! You're smart to avoid such, though. You'll be a lot better off in the long run for it.

[edit on 2006/2/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm only 17 & get served everywhere & never get asked for ID. I'm also a gambaholic, probably the youngest ever & actually have quite a good record bettin on the football. People say I look around 19 but I'm not tall, just average. I'm generally quite mature so I think thats what makes people think I'm older.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join