It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self fulfilling prophecy - End of the World!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Coming true

You make it sound like a countdown. I have not heard of any creditable source that mentions this.

As far as i can see its a list that we are doing our best to tick off each item as they come up. Shoe horning any like disaster in just to say its a sign.

Its paranoia only I think.

Well first off what do you consider a credible source? Most people that have studied prophecy seem to be in agreement that we are very near and that many of the things that are mentioned are either happening or are in position to happen in the near future. I think that you will find a great deal of non-Christians that also sense that we are on the cusp of something big. I know that I just read some quotes from Islamic prophecy that seemed to match up with stuff going on in the world today; however me not being as studied in Islam I cannot tell you the history/credibility of these prophecies. I have seen American Indian prophecies that similarly agree, and even know an American Indian that told me prophecies from his tribe that I have never seen posted anywhere that similarly agree and have to do with environmental changes specifically here in Florida that are also occurring.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I agree that thinking negatively, we are all telling the universe its time to end.

I'm glad you brought this up. This question has also been on my mind.

I can name many people who never think about it and could care less. I think we have a disadvantage by reading ATS posts and trying to be on top of the news.

Those who dont care about their world and whats happening, are trucking along as if nothing was going on. I envy those people.

I have chosen to be informed
and i have to pay the price.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
... people have been prophecying this for thousands of years and always with the "these times are SO evil and can't get worse!" logic. In fact, previous times were MUCH worse. Your property could be stolen directly by your warlord's gang of men, your family could be raped or enslaved, and you were in constant fear of starvation and worse.

Yes, Byrd, I agree about the past being alot rougher than now in many respects. Despite all the claims of how great it was, given a day or two back there, I'm sure those folks would choose to live in these times.
I remember way back before video games existed, and before home computers, cell phones, and the name Microsoft was unheard of.
And all my life, different groups have foretold doomsdays that came and went.
2012 is different though. The specific time window is consistent across quite a few ancient, and separated peoples. It wouldn't surprise me, at all if the cause of it ended up being our own fault, fulfilling our own prophecy.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
defcon5,

I appreciate your sentiments. The whole point was that I don't give a toss what religion anyone is.

I'm against segregated schooling of any type, be it for race, religion etc.

I went to a Catholic School. I still believe it shouldn’t exist.

Anyway, your emancipating thoughts are appreciated, if somewhat naive.

[edit on 1-3-2006 by kegs]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

Seems to me that a lot of people are getting hot under the collar about their impending deaths. Anywhoooo its almost like we are trying our best one way or another to fulfill the end of the world scenario.

As humans we are naturally afraid of the unknown. Death is one of those "unknown" things in life.

I think that we cannot comprehend death, and that is why we are so afraid of it...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Don't know about the rest of you but the 5 billion or so of people in the world that are not living the big time' might wish the world may end soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Don't know about the rest of you but the 5 billion or so of people in the world that are not living the big time' might wish the world may end soon.

Yes, especially the kids who die for lack of food or basic medical care at the rate of 50 000 per day, 24/7, 365 days a year. I hope they don't know the cost of a stealth fighter.......
Re: fear of death... you are probably right, but though I have no wish to die any time soon, I have no fear whatsoever, more of a nervous anticipation. Death is at our side every day, so we may as well accept it.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This site has an interesting look on bible/koran prophesy, but I must warn you, it is quite insulting to muslims.

hauns.com...

It has a good way of showing parallels between christian and muslim end time prophecies.

I would personally prefer it if the world did not end in 2012, but as mentioned before, modern life is practically meaningless, and if the world came to an end and was engulfed in war, it might make some meaning to it.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hi dg
I love the way your last sentence read, my thoughts exactly! Knowledge does however have a way of paying us a hefty price, doesn't it!
Like today, for instance, It's become part of my routine, to check the earthquake, volcano list - Sure enough Yellowstone, rocking & bubbling more & more latley! I find it fascinating - where some may worry sick, I guess it boils down to believing you'll be safe no matter what!
I believe negativity does have a big role on mother nature, & everything else too for that matter, which it all seems to be on the increase, everytime you turn for info on the news, it speaks for itself!
But I don't have fear that were all going to die, I like to believe we will be changed. Noah wasn't taken out, He listened to the warnings and obeyed what was told to him, which kept him safe! I feel the same be with us.
God loves us so much to give us all our own personal bodyguards, Angels -
then how much more will He do, to save us from the Mass Destruction! The closer it gets, the more I listen & rejoice - We Will Be Changed - And brought to safety! It's one day closer - I Can't Wait!
Anyhow this was a good article I read today about old Yellow!
www.foxnews.com...
If you come across anything unusual give me a hoot dg, I'll come running to check it out!
Angel

[edit on 2-3-2006 by AngelWings9999]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
2012 the big year for something but what?

Anyone got a clear picture of what is supposed to happen as there are a good few possible outcomes.

or is it just the millenium all over again?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Anyone got any good survivl ideas as my interest has peaked again on 2012 and pole shift -end of the world / Thanks to good old ATS .

I'm aiming to be in the mountains around end of 2011 into 2012 just in case

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Munro_DreadGod

www.youtube.com...

Here is the real start of the seventh fire

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I guess you have no conscious knowledge of how annoying it is to die only to find your trapped to reincanate on the same planet you just died off of. Though this is been going on for over 100000 years now. The world has undergone something likened to this cycle 4 or 5 times now. How does it fit you to write this very same post 25800 years from now? That's not progress.

There's something diffrent about this cycle however. This is the last great rut cycle. The cards have been drawn. The lots have been cast. The Law is getting ready to be enforced in the spiritual realm.

Oh there's much to rejoice about this cycles end. If you only knew.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It is a self fulfilling prophecy and some of us want to fulfill it.

The world is tormented by the so called doomsdayers and that's exactly what the bible says is going to happen.

Revelation 11:10
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Everynow and then I got to take a step back and make sure I'm right where I want to be. Tormenting the world with the prophetic book of Revelations. Hoping in the ressurection and not reincarnation.

I admit it, I love horror flicks but only with happy endings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join