It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China FC-1 04 will fly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Nonetheless, its again just a matter of opinion. You feel that China has enough 'pull' on Russia to push the engine deal to Pakistan through. I feel India has more pull with Russia in that aspect.
China and Russia have never seen eye-to-eye w.r.t. India anyways. More importantly, just as China is losing its dependance on Russia, Russia doesn't depend that much on military sales anymore. The fact of the matter is the only reason Russia sold China stuff was to keep Russia's economy going. If this interdependance withers then issues like this engine transfer become more 'considerable'. Univ grads and all are a moot point. The Intellectual base Russia has been unsurmountable.Even an economically and intellectually sound west has been unable to 'pull away' in the lead in this aspect for decades now. Assuming that China would be a intellectual/technological match for Russia is sucha short time would be rather optimistic at best.There is nothing in the PLA that doesn't have links back to Russia know-how.
If China is independant enough as you say then it will go ahead and supply its own indigenous engines to the FC-01s. Russia has more to lose if it goes ahead and allows this deal to take place.

Lets wait and watch.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
The Intellectual base Russia has been unsurmountable.Even an economically and intellectually sound west has been unable to 'pull away' in the lead in this aspect for decades now.

The reason the russians had such a overwhelming RnD capacity in the cold war was because soviet scientist could follow any RnD project they wanted to as long as it had any possiblity of military appilcations. The soviets during any point of the war had 70% of their GDP in some type of miliary application

Chinese scientist were left in the cold during that time. They had numerous indigenious projects. East wind 112 and 113. The J-9 was not followed up because it was more risky and expensive. A different type of tank, western style leopard or mervaka. Chinese scienist are not bleak to modern ideas, But because of he amount of resouces they had, they couldn't follow it up. The soviets had nothing special except for money

But now, Chinese scienist has governemt backing and close to unlitmited funds for research. You may well see the J-XX turn into a F-22 scale project

There is nothing in the PLA that doesn't have links back to Russia know-how.

I could be a smart ass and name some.

You might think that because of all the BS ss posted.

Russia has more to lose if it goes ahead and allows this deal to take place.

Actually,

If india goes and buys american for the MRCA deal you could well be seeing that

[edit on 16-4-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If it does go ahead(I still seriously doubt it) then all's well for the FC-1..
If it doesn't.. How much does that set the program operationalisation back by?
Quite a bit I would presume..

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
That was some of the best argument i've ever seen.

I'm from Wuhan, Hubei, China.

with respect for all the persons here, Especially for chinawhite and Daedalus3

I agree that "existence is truth".

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Do i know you from somwhere else?. Your a chinese poster so you might go to some other forums

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

the PLAAF 44th Air Division based at MENGZi, YUNNAN province(CHENGDU military district) became the first PLAAF combat unit to receive the J10A. trials and development are also underway for the the two seater version J10B

in time the J10 will become "very capable" 4-4.5 generation weapons platform

[edit on 4-5-2006 by LAWNMOWERMAN]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
hmmm

looks like the eurofighter
the fc-1-04 looks kinda interesting
J-10 is better
J-12 pwns both(I think it may be a figment of the makers of airforcedeltastrikes imaginations)

[edit on 4/21/06 by TristanBW9456]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

[edit on 2-5-2006 by sultan]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
In service by 2007

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Cockpit

China tests new prototype jet fighter

BEIJING (AFX) - China tested a new prototype of the FC-1 Xiaolong combat jet jointly developed with Pakistan, and is gearing up for mass production of the plane, Xinhua news agency reported.

The fourth prototype of the Xiaolong aircraft, a multi-role fighter-bomber with a range of 1,200 kilometers, successfully completed a 16-minute test flight from a base in southwest China's Sichuan province, Xinhua said.

Production of different parts of the plane has already begun in anticipation that the plane would soon be mass produced, the report said.

'The success of the flight marks a significant improvement in the innovation capabilities of China's aviation industry and makes possible mass production of the plane,' Xinhua said.

Source

Well, I think this program is going to be finished quickly at this rate of production. Starting production even before the first flight, lol

[edit on 28-4-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Well, I think this program is going to be finished quickly at this rate of production. Starting production even before the first flight, lol

[edit on 28-4-2006 by chinawhite]

Starting production before all integration testing is completed is unwise.
Unless you're mass producing a model that does not have the new add-ons being currently tested. So are the production units going to carry the avionics and radar components that were tested recently?
Also what engine? no mention of that in the article.
Are the first units going to the PLAAF or the PAF?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Starting production before all integration testing is completed is unwise.
Unless you're mass producing a model that does not have the new add-ons being currently tested.

I dont see a problem with that.

So are the production units going to carry the avionics and radar components that were tested recently?

Well its safe to assume so because there is no other suite avaible so far

Also what engine? no mention of that in the article.
Are the first units going to the PLAAF or the PAF?

Well, I really do think the engine is a non-issue now since we have never seen the actual contract for engines and only go by what we read in reports from 2001. I would think its on a company to company basis unlike the other pruchases china makes

The first planes are going to pakistan, But hey will start to produce the FC-1 in 07

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Non issue as in...?
And the engine problem(Russia supply conditions) was reported as late as Apr 2005, not 2001. I think I've posted a link to the relevant Kommersant article on this thread itself.
What engines are the productio nunits going to use?

RD-93 or other?

Here's another article dated July 05':

www.janes.com...

And here's a bit from sinodefence (Apr 05')

One Russian-made RD-93 turbofans, rated 49.4kN dry or 81.4kN with afterburning. China has reportedly imported five RD-93s from Russia to power the prototypes, but agreement of further purchase and re-export of the engine in together with the fighter aircraft has yet been reached. China may seek to power the aircraft with an indigenously-developed powerplant.
Source:SinoDefence

So the RD-93 are for the prototypes.. production units??
You can't prototype test on one engine and mass produce on another?
Still the completion date is 2007.. Difficult to fathom..

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The flight of this latest prototype with the better intakes makes me reconsider my opinion of the FC-1. It is not at all a bad airframe IMO.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The 'better' intakes(DSI) was always on the FC-1 from the 2nd prototype onwards I think. The thing is I've never seen it on any of the Pak sites. Does that mean anything?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Daedalus3,

Lets just wait until that time happens to see what happens... ok?

But to give you a hint your janes link gives us the best idea.

"RD-93 should not be exported to any third country" without Russian permission and the engine will not be allowed in any competition where a Russian manufacturer is bidding.

But the F-414 cannot be ruled out

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All I'm saying is that its not wise to produce units on one engine and test prototypes on the other..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join