It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China FC-1 04 will fly

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Gola Paki Musharraf Went to War
A-Flying in a Thandaar
A-Stuck a wing Sticker
Called it MKI-Slayer

But the thundarr's meeshile missed
cause flanker is very agile
Then it did a Cobra
in Thrust Vectoring style
Locking the Cannon,
Opportunity was Ample

Smoking the thundaar it said
sonny, that was just a sample
'cause you ain't got no thunder!
before - u were a monkeying 'bander'!!
But acak!, now you're only a sore loser

- Anonymous

[edit on 25-2-2006 by Stealth Spy]

Last i checked thnder too will have TVC. If the russiams don't give us their RD-93, then we'll use WS-10(Spelling) which is also TVC

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey welcome to ATS PAF thunder.
Could you direct us to some sources on that TVC for the thundaar??

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Looks of the piece of hardware is in no means significant. Success of the legendary AK47, MiG, T34 and other Soviet military icons have already taught us that simplistic and effective design in military is the way to go. Not sophistication of exterior perception.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
jczs.sina.com.cn...

Perhaps chinawhite / emile will tell us what is being talked about ?

That link is to hard to find the video.

Here is a direct link.
rtsp://nv.sina.com.cn/cctv/2006/02/25108367.wmv

it pretty much says they originally were putting some smaller MFDs and later on choose to put 3 large ones in. Plus showing us the FC-1 simulator and how advanced this technology is

PS: The source is CCTV 4 Not that website

[edit on 26-2-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I forgot to post this before but it shows the New FC-1 with F-18 style LERXs
external image

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That looks like a headlight at the end!!

You sure it ain't a sports car with a wing stuck onto it??!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The actual video is floating around somewhere. It shows it more clearly albit smaller

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
EDIT:

Heres a direct link instead
tokyo.cool.ne.jp...

PS:. I watched the video and the headlight is just the bit of the wing missing

[edit on 28-2-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I can't see how the FC1-04 is being compared to the MRCA tender a/c including the MiG-29SMT, Mirage-2k5.
Those are a class above.
The FC1-04 still falls into the category of the LCA.
And who put all those tags like "better than LCA", "India scared"..

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Daedalus3]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile

Originally posted by kilcoo316

China FC-1 04 will fly

Is it on a conveyor belt?

More seriously, is it the same as the FC-1 here?
No indication it will be comparable to the JSF, more like an F-16 clone

Your link is too old to be seen I have to say frankly

If you guys so despise development of FC-1, you will pay for this!

The F-16 Block 50/60 almost has no maneuverablity to compatite with FC-1 04. While two fighter do dogfight in air, more load is secondary!

Don't be so jingoistic. The f-16 is the most maneuverable current gen mass produced fighter in existence. You have to look at next gen designs to find more maneuverability. And, the FC-1 04 is clearly based on current gen tech, at least in terms of flight surfaces.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
The f-16 is the most maneuverable current gen mass produced fighter in existence. You have to look at next gen designs to find more maneuverability. And, the FC-1 04 is clearly based on current gen tech, at least in terms of flight surfaces.

The F-16 is DEFINATELy more agile than the only partially fly-by-wire FC-1 although I think your assertion that the F-16 is the most agile current generation mass produced fighter is open to wquestion, in particular the Saab Gripen and Sukhoi Su-30MKI are almost certainly more agile. And if Yeman's mig-29s (/33s) have the OVT-thrust vectoring control as rumoured, then they are too.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I can't see how the FC1-04 is being compared to the MRCA tender a/c including the MiG-29SMT, Mirage-2k5.

Uhhh??> Who is making this comparison

And who put all those tags like "better than LCA", "India scared"..

I put better than LCA but i dont know who put the other one.

And i think it was you or stealth spy that put these ins.
junk airplane, chinese crap

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

no.. It wasn't me..
I didn't even know the concept behind these tags until I saw these two..

And the bit about the comparision.
Well there was something abt the PAF wanting to "evolve" their fighter keeping in mind the inevitable MRCA acquisitions by India, and thus modifying the
FC-1.
That would seem like you/whoever wrote that is propping the FC-1 as a counter to these MRCA contenders.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Well there was something abt the PAF wanting to "evolve" their fighter keeping in mind the inevitable MRCA acquisitions by India, and thus modifying the FC-1. That would seem like you/whoever wrote that is propping the FC-1 as a counter to these MRCA contenders.

Oh like that. i was thinking you meant a one to one comparison.

While capability wise the Mig-29 enjoys a marginal lead and the Mirage enjoys a bigger lead just comparing the payload and range of these two fighters. the FC-1 is not being designed as a multi-role aircraft as such and a fair comparison cannot be done like that.

What i meant as a counter was it was evoling to deal with more advanced threats. Its not being deisgned as such to counter any fighter but designed as to be more capable to counter fighters but no fighters in particular. Your thinking on the lines like pakistanis MRCA equivalent while im thinking more on the lines like it is being beefed up to pose a bigger challenge to the MRCA deal for whatever aircraft is being brought

The FC-1 in the begining was basically a upgraded Super-7 with russian engines and two piece MFD. This has later changed since the pakistani requiments have changed and now wants a more capable plane to counter future threats. The FC-1 being revised offers better performance all round. It has improved LEXs which almost mirrors the F-18 which might possiblity allow it great manuverbility and higher AOA. While its wing surface has increased by a largerish margin simliar to the F-16. I just going to assume this will allow it to hold more fuel and more weapons since the LERXs seem thick enough to hold fuel in and the great wing space leaves great room for fuel. But what im interested is the revised avonics suite with three large MFDs good for ground strikes.

Performace wise i would have to say the FC-1 revised would offer a lot more performace and possibile range and payload bigger than the twin engined Mig-29A/B

Your not going to see a air battle where it is restricted to particular class or type of aircraft. Its basically going to be a free for all with the aircraft called into the airspace

As of now you cant say the Mirage or Mig-35 hold a advantage in air superioty if we were comparing the relivant technologies involed. Because comparing BVR missiles no missile holds a large advantage over the other. The FC-1 has the SD-10, Mig-35 has the R-77 (whatever type) and the Mirage has the Mica metor combo or just the meteor now.

ECM wise i wouldn't say any has a advantage or disadvantage. The pakistanis have their ways and get western equipment or even chinese ECM gear into their aircraft. First off im not going to go outright and speculate on things i will leave it until later on when we know the stats of each aircraft.

Im not to sure the word counter should be used since i think the PAF with the FC-1 and other fighters they have would be used in a air denial stragery invloing Sams and point interception combined with F-16 strikes with other aircraft providing support. I like the idea or moblie radar coverage with the Erieye proving coverage instead of ground based radar and could be a mix of air denial and air superioty in different areas or at different times. I think pakistans army now is more geared towards a defensive war instead of a offensive war so its not about winning air space as such but to defend your airspace and thats where the FC-1 comes in because it acts as a cheap force multiplyer which provides advanced avonics with a low price thus can be expendeble and be used as a delaying action until its taken into the UN

What the indians have now is called cold start whereby crack division shearhead lighting strikes into pakistani terrioty aimed at pakistani leadership and nuclear weapons. This in comparision to their "hot" start which was low heavy moblisation where it would moblize many divisions and would lose a lot of time and the surprise advantage. What cold start does is bring fewer divisions to battle but better armed and can be called on into action in a matter of days. What the pakistanis will be aiming to be is protect againest lighting strikes and possibilty counter with their own

What is being sought to counter the MRCA was the F-16 block 52s which have alreadys been made out to be the tip of the spear and pride of the pakistani airforce. But the plans to aquire their airforce with-in a airforce was postponed and now they ahve devised different stragterys.

I think the good ratio would be
200 FC-1s to act as cheap BVR interceptors or air superioty fighters
80 F-16s to act as strike and air superioty
8 AWACS aircraft. preferably erieye or even the Y-8 balance bean AWACS

Combined with older none BVR craft and some limited BVR craft. Mirage III Rose upgrades and the J-7s

And the rumour of J-10s coming into pakistani service would also mean maybe 100 J-10s to that list to achieve the desired goals of air superioty in pakitani airspace. But only J-10s if the F-16s were only 50 in number and would use them as a good air superioty strike platform because it has longer range and higher payload

[edit on 1-3-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Daedalus3,

Do you actually live in india or do you live in the US or somewhere?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The F-16 is DEFINATELy more agile than the only partially fly-by-wire FC-1 although I think your assertion that the F-16 is the most agile current generation mass produced fighter is open to wquestion, in particular the Saab Gripen and Sukhoi Su-30MKI are almost certainly more agile. And if Yeman's mig-29s (/33s) have the OVT-thrust vectoring control as rumoured, then they are too.

I would generally consider the Gripen to be next gen, and the su-30 and Indian mig-29s to be interim products, and not specifically either current gen or next gen. Without a doubt, they are more maneurverable, but have been in service less than ten years.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In colour

external image

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Daedalus3,

Do you actually live in india or do you live in the US or somewhere?

I live in a wee lil' town called Pune about 160km inland from Bombay.
Pune is the home of the Su 30 MKI with 2 MKI sqdrns and one MK sqdrn.
Just do a google for Su 30 MKI and you probably get Lohegaon AFB Pune in all results..
We have one DARIN equipped Jaguar IM Sqdrn here too..

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How many MKIs in service now?

Is Pune like a city or something?. I tried to google some pictures of it but the results show temples and a town looking place

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join