It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard to believe!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
We will have eaten 2400 chickens if we live to be 70 years of age.

The average hen lays 227 eggs a year.

And who says hangin out in bars ain't educational?

If you can contribute to this thread you may be granted a degree from the ATS University of Slackdom.

If You just make stuff up tryin to be funny; every answer will be reviewed by a panel of experts and automatic expulsion from ATSUS will be automatic. Maybe. Unless it's really really funny; then there is a review process and you may be given tenure. Maybe.

Did I mention the diploma suitable for framing? You won't get one but I just thought I'd mention it.

Deny Ignorance

[edit on 24-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
We will have eaten 2400 chickens if we live to be 70 years of age.

The average hen lays 227 eggs a year.

And who says hangin out in bars ain't educational?

If you can contribute to this thread you may be granted a degree from the ATS University of Slackdom.

If You just make stuff up tryin to be funny; every answer will be reviewed by a panel of experts and automatic expulsion from ATSUS will be automatic. Maybe. Unless it's really really funny; then there is a review process and you may be given tenure. Maybe.

Did I mention the diploma suitable for framing? You won't get one but I just thought I'd mention it.

Deny Ignorance

wtf? am i missing something? or am i supposed to put some random fact down involving some staggering number?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here is one for you...

acetwothreefourfivesixseveneightninetenjackqueenking Excluding the joker, if you add up the letters in all the names of the cards in the deck (Ace, two, three, four,...,king). the total number of letters is 52, the same as the number of cards in the deck.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The review committie tried to count the letters but their eyes got blurry so they are just gonna have to take your word fo it. Good Job!! Bplus

Keep this up and you will be Chairman of the Department.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Cool

How about this one...

There are 52 cards in a standard deck and there are 52 weeks in a year. There are 4 suits in a deck of cards and 4 seasons in a year. If you add the values of all the cards in a deck (jack=11 queen=12, etc.) you get a total of 365 the same as the number of days in a year.

(actually that is not true, there are 365.25 days in a year, sorry..)

[edit on 24-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
A 100-watt lightbulb, burning continuously for one year, requires 716 lbs. of coal.

source

Which sounds horribly innefficient, but is actually quite economical. Most modern coal plants run at ~ 40% efficiency, which is actually quite good, considering the laws of thermodynamics; the most modern gasoline engines run at about 26% fuel efficiency.

source

There. how's that? Is it a two-fer?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Now were talkin!

You don't have to put your sources down. We have a crack review team that scrutinizes every contribution.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Here is another....

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Americans eat more than 22 pounds of tomatoes every year. More than half this amount is eaten in the form of ketchup and tomato sauce.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
When I was a kid, other kids would say, "which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?"

I would answer, "a pound of feathers."

And then they'd shout "WRONG!!! Hah-hah. A pound is a pound so they both weigh the same."

Then, I'd try to explain to them that gold is measured in troy pounds, which is composed of 12 troy ounces, versus regular dry goods (including feathers, presumably) which are measured in avoirdupois ounces, at 16 to the avoirdupois pound. And while troy ounces weigh more (31 grams to the troy ounce) there are also fewer of them; so that the 16 avoirdupois ounces, at only 28 grams each, add up to more about a hundred extra grams per avoirdupois pound.

Thus, it is proven that a pound of feathers actually weighs more than a pound of gold.

At this point, someone would call me an egghead. Which I would point out was infinitely preferable to being a dooty-head, like any of them. At which point someone would throw a punch, and I'd get yet another chance to improve my sparring technique.

Actually this whole little piece does a lot to explain the real reasons why I wound up with careers in both law enforcement and commodity analysis.

I also picked up some graduate degrees in the humanities somewhere along the way. But that's another story for another day.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Actually this whole little piece does a lot to explain the real reasons why I wound up with careers in both law enforcement and commodity analysis.

I also picked up some graduate degrees in the humanities somewhere along the way. But that's another story for another day.

Well Dr. S, you just earned yourself a BS from ATS University of Slackdom.
Check out our virtual campus when you have time. We have online degrees for all ages, colors and creeds.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here's a hint to see if you are normal.

With your palm up and your hand flat, check to see if your little finger ends at the joint on your ring finger.

Help is available for those with significant deviations. Contact your county agent or NASA.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sorry. I just debunked my own trivia. Ain't snopes great.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Dissension]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
D. A+ for you! Profanity disguised as knowledge gets extra credit.

Soon, we will have enough people for a vollyball team. GO Slackers GO!!

edit to take the A+ back from D. You are now qualified for faculty.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
alright i dont know if any of these are true but here we go

1. about 2 gallons of mucus drips down your throat everyday to line your stomch so the acid doesnt burn through it
2. your wing span is how tall you are ( i think its true im not for sure)

3. (for humor a chinese proverb that is true) Man Who Run Behind Car Gets Exhausted..... i going for class clown
i got a bunch

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The crack review team rejected no.3 but you got 50,000 points for the one that mentioned mucous. Mention of any body fluids qualifies you for the door prize drawing of a new Yugo and a nice woolen scarf.

Great first attempt hitman132436. I see a scholarship in your future!

Wheres dustinthewind?

[edit on 25-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm here tryin to think of more, how about this add to hitman's chinese proverb..(even though it was rejected)

Man who gases in church...sits in own pew.

But if it is rejected then I will use this....

You lose enough dead skin cells in your lifetime to fill eight five-pound flour bags.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DustintheWind

But if it is rejected then I will use this....

You lose enough dead skin cells in your lifetime to fill eight five-pound flour bags.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

Nothing gets rejected as long as it is in good taste!!

Speaking of taste; a pinch of salt over icecream really brings out the flavor!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well the cold season is upon us! I've got a touch of one now. Here's a timely tip to lessen the effects of the common cold. This may be a prevention strategy as well.

Immerse your forearms in water heated to104 to 113 degrees, 40 to 45 centigrade for one minute.

I hope the big drug companys don't rub me out for letting this info out!!

Excuse me while I go soak my forearms.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
alright may be lame facts but ima try again

1st. babies are born with out knee caps. they develop when they are 2 months old
2nd.Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
3rd.More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines
4th. All of the Earth's continents are wider at the north than in the south

and ill add another in for fun..... kinda dirty..... Man Who Fishes In Other Mans Well Often Catch Crabs

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hitman132436

2nd.Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.

Way to go Hit1327495man!!

For clarification; is billygoat urine attractive to females in general or just girl goats? Not that it matters all that much.

Note: the bodily fluid reference automatically puts you in the running for the 2006 Yugo and a nice woolen scarf.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join