It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

military installation in mountains of vermont

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i was coming back from middlebury vt taking rt 17 over the mountains. it is a very steep road lots of very sharp hairpin turns and not travled by alot of people. but we were getting up to the steepest part got to the top and there is a very strange tower it was tall and very large had 4 very large strange reguacular shaped things like some type of radar or reflector tower but the 4 big things on it were regcagular shaped but at the top they bent like a and had horn like fronts like the square horns in speaker systems. and at the base of the tower was a all concrete buidling looked quite old very dirty and had stuff painted allover it words and graffiti. does anyone have any idea what this is.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Do you have any pics of this place? Were there any security precautions visible? I see places like this all the time. Makes me wonder too. Before 9/11 I didnt know what was in this large white building that sits on a local highway in my area. It had no identifying signs or guards. Now the two streets that run parallel to it are blocked off with armed guards carrying automatic weapons. Come to find out it is a federal treasury.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Does it look similar to this?

Not actual picture of Vermont, just trying to figure what kind of tower you are referring to.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
yes it looks just like that pic . what is it

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaso109
yes it looks just like that pic . what is it

Ok, those are microwave repeaters for nationwide telecommunication network all across USA. AT&T built these antennas in the 50s in the hope it would withstand the apocalypse in the event of World War III. It never really served it's purpose, fortunately, as you can imagine. Today I don't think the antennas are active anymore. Today's telecoms are carried through fiber optic burried underground or over space by satellite. The towers are being sold, and cell phone companies are using the remaining structure left standing to mount their own digital antennas.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
they will probably have a hard time converting that to cell phone tower. there is no sevice in that area and also though out most of vermont there is no service becuse they wont let them put towers on the big mountains anymore. people say their ugly, but all these rich people who live up in thses moutnains and complain all got cellphones and they dont work, i have seen them try to put up fake treese as towers but they are the ugliest thing i have ever seen. a plastic tree with 3 branches. i wonder if that concrete building still has all the elctrical equipment in it. i would love to buy that stuff i work with old electronics alot and theres probalby some cool stuff there.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the gov still has live microwave networks? And did you notice if they were cell equipment on it? I assume those cone looking things with a flat face are the microwave repater and its like a flashight in a sense projecting out of the flat face. So if you see more pieces of equipment on the tower than those then it's probably cell stuff.

Are microwave towers just line of sight or do they work of sattelites or something?

new topics

top topics

join